8 minutes ago, serranna said:

I've been testing on an existing save for convenience. If I start over I have to go through the entire opening cutscene all over again because I don't have any alternate start mods, and have to keep playing until I get a hold of a gag because I don't know how to just add an item to my inventory because this game doesn't have additemmenu like Skyrim has. I'll try it out after removing LLFP and DDE later tonight.

There is: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56922

2 hours ago, serranna said:

I've been testing on an existing save for convenience. If I start over I have to go through the entire opening cutscene all over again because I don't have any alternate start mods, and have to keep playing until I get a hold of a gag because I don't know how to just add an item to my inventory because this game doesn't have additemmenu like Skyrim has. I'll try it out after removing LLFP and DDE later tonight.

You can craft them at the Restraints workbench.

And all you need for quick testing is a vanilla un modded save like Ms Vault 111

Or make you own. This will allow for testing while not proking your current save, just make sure to wait a couple minutes after loading for all your mods to fully load.

Keep in mind, scripted mods are baked into the save, so removing one will cause even more errors, in turn creating a never ending hunt for what is actually the cause of the original issue.

Edited by izzyknows
17 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

I always use AAF from Nexus. Is it better to install AAF version from your link? Note: i'm not playing Fallout 4, just need AAF for testing new DD, what i try to fix.

If you're not using AAF then sticking to an older version is probably fine. I wouldn't recommend outdated AAF versions to other players who are expecting to use it though, since they may want bug fixes and performance improvements.

14 hours ago, Kaniee said:

I run in to a problem when the animation of AAF play, the device is not being removed and I am using the sexual harassment mod. 

If you use DD 2.0 RC8, there is AAF fix included, what in sex not remove DD items. In other way, if those will be removed, it will destroy restraints.

If you want, find this list and delete in mod. But then all restraints will be destroyed after sex.

AAF folder file name DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml into DD 2.0 RC8

Edited by Elsidia
14 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Devious Devices RC9 beta

Once I fixed all the missing textures and a couple broken scripts it "seems" to be working correctly, at least for now.

Just kidding, it's working pretty well so far. ;)

I keep getting F4SE Version 6 notifications (top left). Did you forget to remove a debug notice?

Edited by izzyknows
9 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I keep getting F4SE Version 6 notifications (top left). Did you forget to remove a debug notice?

I forgot and not forgot. First i forgot, but then decide left it as it is to remember player that F4SE is running)

Recompiled script without it

Still, if you haven't necessary F4SE, will be big warning with press ok every time, when you load a game.

DD_Library.pex

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I forgot and not forgot. First i forgot, but then decide left it as it is to remember player that F4SE is running)

Recompiled script without it

Still, if you haven't necessary F4SE, will be big warning with press ok every time, when you load a game

Kool. But at this point, I think it's highly unlikely there's anyone that is not running F4SE. But a big popup warning that the mod is broke due to lack of a required master is a good idea.

Edited by izzyknows
34 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Kool. But at this point, I think it's highly unlikely there's anyone that is not running F4SE. But a big popup warning that the mod is broke due to lack of a required master is a good idea.

Agreed, anyone should feel free to look at/steal examples from the main scripts in Unhealthy Craving or Milking Human Kindness. They check for presence of F4SE, any required F4SE plugins, and any direct or transitive masters of the mods' plugins when loading the game, popping up detailed messageboxes explaining what was missed. Too many users who can't/won't read mod descriptions kept reporting "bugs" because they didn't have DLCs, SUP F4SE, etc.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Agreed, anyone should feel free to look at/steal examples from the main scripts in Unhealthy Craving or Milking Human Kindness. They check for presence of F4SE, any required F4SE plugins, and any direct or transitive masters of the mods' plugins when loading the game, popping up detailed messageboxes explaining what was missed. Too many users who can't/won't read mod descriptions kept reporting "bugs" because they didn't have DLCs, SUP F4SE, etc.

Users read? ;) 

6 hours ago, Elsidia said:

big warning

Be sure that such popup will block user on game start. If you will call Debug.MessageBox while user is in the mirror menu (when character is configuring) user will get soft locked.

I solved it in following way:

int showWarningTimer = 12345 const ; any id

event OnTimer(int timerId)
    if showWarningTimer == timerId
        if !TryToDisplayWarning()
            StartTimer(1, showWarningTimer)
        endif
    endif
endevent

bool function TryToDisplayWarning()
    if NeedToShowMessage()
        Quest MQ101 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001ED86, "Fallout4.esm") as Quest
        if MQ101.GetStage() < 15 ; this is the important check
            return false ; postpone message displaying
        endif
        Debug.MessageBox("your warning here")
    endif
    return true ; all done
endfunction

Event OnInit()
   RegisterForRemoteEvent(Game.GetPlayer(), "OnPlayerLoadGame")
   StartTimer(1, showWarningTimer) ; initiate warning displaying, if necessary
Endevent

Event Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame(Actor a)
Endevent                     

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
51 minutes ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Be sure that such popup will block user on game start. If you will call Debug.MessageBox while user is in the mirror menu (when character is configuring) user will get soft locked.

I solved it in following way:

int showWarningTimer = 12345 const ; any id

event OnTimer(int timerId)
    if showWarningTimer == timerId
        if !TryToDisplayWarning()
            StartTimer(1, showWarningTimer)
        endif
    endif
endevent

bool function TryToDisplayWarning()
    if NeedToShowMessage()
        Quest MQ101 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001ED86, "Fallout4.esm") as Quest
        if MQ101.GetStage() < 15 ; this is the important check
            return false ; postpone message displaying
        endif
        Debug.MessageBox("your warning here")
    endif
    return true ; all done
endfunction

Event OnInit()
   RegisterForRemoteEvent(Game.GetPlayer(), "OnPlayerLoadGame")
Endevent

Event Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame(Actor a)
Endevent                     

Can OnPlayerLoadGame trigger with the player 3D not loaded?

I ask this because occasionally when loading a new game it will hang and tapping the enter key a few times will let the game load proceed. That seems like a dialogue box has opened prior to the world 3D being fully loaded.

2 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Can OnPlayerLoadGame trigger with the player 3D not loaded?

I haven't exact answer. Never tried to get know it.

I don't think that OnPlayerLoadGame event firing depends on 3D models loading.

2 hours ago, jbezorg said:

occasionally when loading a new game it will hang and tapping the enter key a few times will let the game load proceed.

OnPlayerLoadGame does not fire on new game start. This event fired when gamer loads previously saved game.

I faced the effect you describing, and it was caused by displaying popups before game start. I mean when you click New Game menu option.

So the suggestion is - never add calls of Debug.MessageBox to OnInit of autostart quest script or to OnQuestStarted. Almost all of them are executed before intro video displaying.