1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Looks good, did you create the extra's yourself? I'll take a look at it when you release the mod. I created the script as the device was not available in DD at all and I wanted to create it a bit different than the rest. So having it get some extra attention is always nice to see.

They are copies of the phallic mesh from TentacleMonsterB manipulated in Outfit Studio through absolutely pure stubbornness using mask, move, rotate, and scale.    

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a couple hours into a new fallout 4 playthrough.  the deviously cursed wasteland mod fitted a steel chastity bra onto my character while i was looting the ruins of sanctuary, and despite finding the correct key for it a few minutes later i can't get it off my character.  examining the item says it's keyed to standard chastity keys, and yet attempting to unlock the bra gives me a message that i don't have the proper key.  a second attempt says i need to wait 3 hours before trying again.  trying to remove it with console commands says it's off, but it remains worn in inventory and also worn on the character model.  is there a solution that doesn't involve me starting another new game?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NedolUmosh said:

i'm a couple hours into a new fallout 4 playthrough.  the deviously cursed wasteland mod fitted a steel chastity bra onto my character while i was looting the ruins of sanctuary, and despite finding the correct key for it a few minutes later i can't get it off my character.  examining the item says it's keyed to standard chastity keys, and yet attempting to unlock the bra gives me a message that i don't have the proper key.  a second attempt says i need to wait 3 hours before trying again.  trying to remove it with console commands says it's off, but it remains worn in inventory and also worn on the character model.  is there a solution that doesn't involve me starting another new game?

first question to check is: is it the correct key?
there's 4: restraints key, hig-security restraints key, chastity and institute.

(But keep in mind that devices can only be unlocked after their timer runs out)

Also: never unequip DD items via console - they need to be unequipped using the proper functions.
If you have done so, often it can be repaired by equipping the item again and then removing it 'the right way'

Other than waiting for the timer and using keys, there's a few other options / mods that do it correctly.

First and foremost the armourbench unlocker.

Other mods also have built-in functions to remove DD items - but ofc with additional functions, like SexAttributes.

If you're "just starting out" with DD modding, use the armourbench one.

Last but not least:
which version of DD are you using?  I'd recommend RC9 (if you're not using it already)
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/208/#comment-4159706

and "Cursed DD enchantings" is a newer alternative to Deviously Cursed Wasteland, but also with some additional functions.
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/34054-cursed-dd-enchantings-redux²/

Edited by egonm68

"examine device" says it's keyed to standard chastity keys.  it doesn't say it high security, but i spawned a high-security key and tried it anyway: no change.

i doubt the timer was the issue because all the other devices tell me i need to wait longer if i'm too early.

i tried the DD unlocker bench mod.  the armor bench in sanctuary gives a message that the bra was unlocked, but it's not.  i tried both the "unlock one device" and "unlock all devices" buttons, and neither make a change.

i tried the console after these efforts failed, not before.  i'll keep in mind that it's a bad idea to use the console in the future.

i don't have the sexattributes mod.  if it's got a MCM button to remove devices then maybe i'll try it out?  i'll have to look into it.

yes i'm using RC9.  i'm using cursed dd enchantings also, but i didn't notice there's a new version.  i'm using the "reloaded" version from 2022.  i'll check out "redux".

lastly:  i'm kinda new to DD modding for fallout 4, but i had much success for years playing DD skyrim.  i'm realizing now how different they are.

21 minutes ago, NedolUmosh said:

"examine device" says it's keyed to standard chastity keys.  it doesn't say it high security, but i spawned a high-security key and tried it anyway: no change.

i doubt the timer was the issue because all the other devices tell me i need to wait longer if i'm too early.

i tried the DD unlocker bench mod.  the armor bench in sanctuary gives a message that the bra was unlocked, but it's not.  i tried both the "unlock one device" and "unlock all devices" buttons, and neither make a change.

i tried the console after these efforts failed, not before.  i'll keep in mind that it's a bad idea to use the console in the future.

i don't have the sexattributes mod.  if it's got a MCM button to remove devices then maybe i'll try it out?  i'll have to look into it.

yes i'm using RC9.  i'm using cursed dd enchantings also, but i didn't notice there's a new version.  i'm using the "reloaded" version from 2022.  i'll check out "redux".

lastly:  i'm kinda new to DD modding for fallout 4, but i had much success for years playing DD skyrim.  i'm realizing now how different they are.

There's only 2 keys used by DD. Chasity and Restraint, the others are form Real Handcuffs and don't work on DD items.

xx44e9f
xxx4c57

The chasity bra uses the obvious chastiy key.

If I remember right DD enchanting is not compatible with RC9. It needs to be updated... or maybe it has been.... I don't use it, and don't keep up with it. I need more coffee!!

As already stated, never use console commands to remove DD items and don't put them on NPC's. IF you do, fully expect them to be permanently bugged out. They might not, as improvements have been made, but just be prepared for it.

If you have Master Level Lock pick you can just pick the lock regardless of the timer. I also adjusted the sweet spot so it's anywhere.. can't fail. LOL

Also, the difficulty setting is actually backwards. 0 is the hardest and 9 is the easiest. Personally, I just leave it at its default setting.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

If you have Master Level Lock pick you can just pick the lock regardless of the timer.

... adding that to "the list of things that have annoyed me for years - yet I never knew there was an easy solution" 🤪

Since RC8, putting devices on NPCs is okay-ish for my setups.
Works most of the time, the only constant bug I get is CWSS and DD fighting to equip/deequip on HR slaves when they use a shower station. But that's mainly due to the HR equipment script.

And while I've been using DCW for quite some time, I am currently giving jbezorg's release for RC9 a spin. It's not without problems for me, but DCW is just a tad outdated at this point.
Biggest annoyance I have with it: it does quite often bug out companions on my setup - but that can be mostly mitigated by not using the option to also have the companions bound when triggering a trap.

11 hours ago, NedolUmosh said:

hmm the only times i have seen the Armorbench Unlocker mod fail on the "unlock all devices" option is when the devices were either part of a quest

(like Belted or Jack The Belter from DCW) or another mod changed how they are keyed/work (Latex Collar Curse).  this mod does not unlock 

shock/slave collars though (iirc).

of course you could have had an actually broken device (rare but can happen).  if that was the case it would have taken using the console

to remove the device, then crafting/buying another device of the same type and equipping then removing it through normal means to fix,

after disposing of the "broken" device (stash in a disappearing body works well for this part).

other mods that i know of that can remove devices include:

Sexual Harassment (certain approaches)

AAF Violate (under certain circumstances)

Boston Devious Helper (needs neutral/friendly NPCs and can unlock shock collars ... not sure about the actual slave collar from DCW)

Latex Collar Curse can remove device but only if it is replacing that specific device (IIRC).

the harassment mod worked to finally get rid of the thing.  got my character stripped.  in the inventory screen the chastity bra was still equipped even though visually it was gone, but now the device unlocked without the need of a key.  i then dropped the item on the ground to make sure that i wouldn't accidentally reequip it... but it didn't appear on the ground.  it's gone.  disappeared forever.

16 hours ago, egonm68 said:

It's not without problems for me, but DCW is just a tad outdated at this point.

Yes DCW is outdated. I start made DCW compatibility with RC8 and fix bugs, what's ends with made RC9 - so i'm just now stuck in RC9 update. DCW on my PC is partially updated, fixed bugs and works with RC9, and removed AWKCR requirement, but it's still not ready for publish. Partially it's my problem, that i do RC9 so long. And as i more do, more see what can be upgraded.

16 hours ago, egonm68 said:

Since RC8, putting devices on NPCs is okay-ish for my setups.

In RC9 is updated NPC work with restraints so it more likely not lose it and correctly update animations and spells. And if you not use NPC equipment bug fix mod also NPCprotected system works on original Fallout 4 bug issue. Only thing after update to RC9 you must delete all old restraints as those have lack properties to work with this system.

3 hours ago, Dont Tell My Parents said:

Does RC9 work with Sexual Harassment?

It should work. Only one issue is that after sex started by Sexual harassment it spawns additional chastity or plugs devices as it unequips it and later equips back. I already plan add MCM option to keep in inventory only one device - so player can choose how it works.

My DD items get unequipped during and subsequently at the end of AAF scenes, is this normal? I feel like I saw a mod patch that made them get ignored by the AAF "equipment handler"(my term I'm woefully unlearn-ed about mods). Am I correct and if so does someone happen to know what its called?

Is there anyway to set up devious devices so that it are hidden by clothing/armor?

In Skyrim has an addon for integrating dd with armor. Is something similar planned for Fallout 4 in the future?

20 hours ago, ZakkBaker said:

Is there anyway to set up devious devices so that it are hidden by clothing/armor?

In RC9 is DD_hider_addon.esp, what use original FO4 hider system by priorities, but as always Bughesda make it bad. For player i not see any problems, but on NPC it works bad. So in this plugin i added priorities to hide some devices and if you want you can edit it to hide or unhide some parts. (Armor addon add parts or remove parts what need hide) - there no MCM option to do it.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, Elsidia said:

In RC9 is DD_hider_addon.esp, what use original FO4 hider system by priorities, but as always Bughesda make it bad. For player i not see any problems, but on NPC it works bad. So in this plugin i added priorities to hide some devices and if you want you can edit it to hide or unhide some parts. (Armor addon add parts or remove parts what need hide) - there no MCM option to do it.

TY so much! ^^

On 6/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, Elsidia said:

Hmm, I found a DD_Hider_addon, but I don't quite understand how it should work. My devices are hidden by armor slots, but are still visible on clothes (for example, they are displayed on top of a shelter jumpsuit). Do I need to set this up somehow?  I also saw you mention an Armor addon, but there is no such addon in the RC9 version.

18 hours ago, ZakkBaker said:

Hmm, I found a DD_Hider_addon, but I don't quite understand how it should work. My devices are hidden by armor slots, but are still visible on clothes (

Hider works only for DD devices like catsuit.

To force works for vanilla item you need copy those armor addons (see picture in spoiler) into DD hider as overwrite, (in example i not take jumpsuit just random vanilla armor) add to priority value 15 (to override other armors) and add biped slot devices, what you need hide - chastity belt is 54.

Then this item not use slot 54 but if any other item uses it - wears it, but hide.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.7a4f767f2068c7b8c15f45982d238c5e.jpeg

Edited by Elsidia
7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Hider works only for DD devices like catsuit.

To force works for vanilla item you need copy those armor addons (see picture in spoiler) into DD hider as overwrite, (in example i not take jumpsuit just random vanilla armor) add to priority value 15 (to override other armors) and add biped slot devices, what you need hide - chastity belt is 54.

Then this item not use slot 54 but if any other item uses it - wears it, but hide.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.7a4f767f2068c7b8c15f45982d238c5e.jpeg

Oh, I get it! Thanks for the clarification! <33

7 minutes ago, xtremeGoose said:

How stable and compatible is DD these days? I stopped using it ages ago because it had all kinds of problems with device removal, stuck animations, incompatibilities, etc. and the AWKCR requirement forced a lot more issues with bad edits, crashes, tons of changes that had nothing to do with what AWKCR was supposed to do, etc.

That's why most folks are running the RC9 community build these days rather than 2.0.