4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

RC9 engine have protect from remove, so if some items missing there can be problem. Try to remove it by console, at least maybe it will trigger this system and repair restraint.

What would be the console command to use? Is it standard or specific to the device?

player.removeitem id, 1

where id is blindfold rendered device id

to found it use player.showinventory

Be sure that it is exactly blindfold and not other equipped devices rendered item.

Is there is triggered protection, it will add and equip blindfold automatically.

Also if blindfold is removed in that way, put blindfold back with manipulate locks and remove it, to remove blindfold effect.

Edited by Elsidia
On 8/24/2023 at 12:50 PM, Elsidia said:

player.removeitem id, 1

where id is blindfold rendered device id

to found it use player.showinventory

Be sure that it is exactly blindfold and not other equipped devices rendered item.

Is there is triggered protection, it will add and equip blindfold automatically.

Also if blindfold is removed in that way, put blindfold back with manipulate locks and remove it, to remove blindfold effect.

Thanks, this worked for an item for sure. Leg irons, as in the set that actually go on the ankles and not the leather leg irons with a thigh band too, for some reason get "stuck" on my character whether or not they are in inventory still. Seems to be pretty often I'll notice that despite numerous devices being added, leg irons aren't. Using those commands I find something that's locked - worn, and it isn't one of the other items, then remove it. Voila! Leg irons can be added again for a short time before they get 'stuck' again even though they've been removed. Decided to just put on some and leave them on. lol

In RC9 I noticed also that a vibrating anything won't stop even if the item is taken out during one of its cycles. It has to run its course, which can be quite a while! Would be nice if the taking out the item reset that vibrating event so it stops. 

Unrelated to all of that, are some of the items without a bodyslide? Institute chastity, gold irons, they don't appear to be one of the items in BS. Wearing them = invisible, so a bit confused. I did a batch build in addition just in case, but missing? 

Edited by ETSubmariner
14 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

Leg irons, a

Full answer will be later when i more research situation. As will be good is papyrus log after remove and id of items what you remove, list of inventory in console and how you know that is leg irons, if it not in inventory?

In RC9. It looks like the wrist restraint script it preventing other devices from reequipping when they should.

e.g. wearing both Institute wrist cuffs and a tape gag.

1. In your inventory. Click the tape gag to unequip it.
  2. You get the dialog informing you that you must unequip the cuffs first.
  3. The tape gag script_item will reequip and then unequip.

Subsequent attempts to reequip the tap gag while in wrist restraints will immediately unequip it.

The tape gag rendered_item will remain equipped through out this entire process.

Remove wrist restraints and this behavior doesn't happen.

17 hours ago, Lautaro perez said:

anyway so AAF doesnt unequip devious devices?

You may have to update the form IDs but create a file named "DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml" with the XML info below and place it in a folder named "AAF".

e.g.

|- AAF  <--- in this one

|- Meshes

|- Scripts

<meta title="DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form="4C5B" source="Devious Devices.esm"/>
	<protectKeyword form="4C5C" source="Devious Devices.esm"/>
	<protectKeyword form="4C5D" source="Devious Devices.esm"/>
</condition>

On 8/28/2023 at 6:54 AM, jbezorg said:

In RC9. It looks like the wrist restraint script it preventing other devices from reequipping when they should.

Yes i added this new check to devices, but seems as made engine changes, this engine relates on some other place to reequip inventory devices, what in new engine not happen. I was sure, that i was checked it, but seems miss it. Will fix. Old engine mostly was build in conditions when equip process runs a few times in one cycle. As new engine mostly checks it and prevent it from happening.

On 8/26/2023 at 2:58 AM, ETSubmariner said:

Thanks, this worked for an item for sure. Leg irons, as in the set that actually go on the ankles and not the leather leg irons with a thigh band too, for some reason get "stuck" on my character whether or not they are in inventory still.

Can't reproduce this bug as if you don't have equipped inventory device it removes from console without problems. If you have equipped inventory device, it reequips both back.

Still need ID or full name of item. You sure that those items not from old version of DD? Those have damaged properties and need deleted to work properly.

In RC9 I noticed also that a vibrating anything won't stop even if the item is taken out during one of its cycles. It has to run its course, which can be quite a while! Would be nice if the taking out the item reset that vibrating event so it stops. 

This is RC8 feature. Not change in RC9. How you can remove item while it's vibrating? i can try made a fix, what don't allow remove item while cycle not ended.

Institute chastity

BodySlide name: Institute Chastity Belt - use filter to find it. Also it original this item not i nDD group (even in original DD 2.0) so group need cleared. i notice it a few time ago and will fix it in latest version.

gold irons

CuffsPaddedLegs - to not in DD group. There no golds as gold and silver is get by replacing materials files by game.

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Made fixes of bug was found by @jbezorg when restraint are unequipped when try to unequip with tied hands.

Script are added to original post https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=4159706 as archive.

Lol. I just in last moment found bug and fixed it. But this fix made this bug) Now i check both versions and both works.

Looks like wrist ropes don't allow the user to use weapons after they are removed. Even when manipulating locks, re-equipping, and then removing them again.

Iz it like totally necessary not to use the Outfit Redress Engine Fix??? Can Devious Devices incorporate that engine fix into it somehow? O plzzzz, because that mod is amazing, and I don't like peeps defaulting all the time. I can't run around changing everyone's outfit all over the game and expect them to stay for the whole playthrough like that without it. It's so fun! And an engine fix!

lol but thanks for the updates. I appreciate u

3 hours ago, LynErso666 said:

Iz it like totally necessary not to use the Outfit Redress Engine Fix??? Can Devious Devices incorporate that engine fix into it somehow? O plzzzz,

You can try it. Nobody knows even me. In theory as programmer i can say, that engine will work without problems. Some NPC guard protect system will not work. But maybe this system not need if you have those mod and it works. Also sometimes it can decrease stress on papyrus, when this bug happen and trigger system. And if you use please share experience with DD, but don't forget mention about using this mod, if you run into some bug, it can be related to this.

And theory is theory - sometimes i even don't know how works DD equip system)

Edited by Elsidia

usage report

i have both Outfit Redress Fix and RC9 running in same game and so far have not hit any bugs.

other than a single issue, which turned out to be a corrupted download i have not had any issues with RC9.

i use MO2 and am including loadorder and plugins files for those who wish to see what else i have running.

edit 

i do have Outfit Redress Fix loading before RC9.

end edit

loadorder.txt plugins.txt

Edited by valcon767

For RC9

When Sexlab Harassment removes all DD items not all the effects are being removed.

• Simple Ballgag - the gagged spell effect was still active after the script and rendered items were removed from inventory.
  • Black Latex Armcuffs - Arms are free yet still cannot use a weapon.

For both I tried re-equipping with manipulated locks and then removing them. Neither cleared the effects.

2 hours ago, jbezorg said:

When Sexlab Harassment removes all DD items not all the effects are being removed.

Seems that a culprit. Wrist ropes too was removed by Harassment? I haven't it.

I tested with wrist cuffs and not found any chance to left spell _TDnofighting on

Variants:

1) Craft wrist ropes

2) Activate a weapon

3) Put on wrist ropes with manipulate

4) Test, if i can shoot

5) Remove ropes by manipulate

6) Can shoot

Put on wrist ropes without manipulate

Unlock it

Escape it

UPD2: Got restraint by random trap - escape it

No bug.

I found another bug about i was warned, but silly me i test it on wrong item (what not bugged)

Problem was there: Disarm spell was added in DD 2.0 for only latex mittens

In DD 2.0 RC8 it was added to straits and Yoke (i test on latex straitjacket)

I added this spell to all restraints, what have _TDnofightiing so now wrist restraints will work fine.

Update will be later, when got something more clear on this situation.

You can check papurys log:

When you equip will be something like this:

Spoiler

[08/30/2023 - 08:45:41AM] [DD]: Event: OnEquipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: processing ...
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: Function: OnItemEquipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: running
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: Function: OnItemEquipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: Setting sleep anticheat
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: Difficulty modifier applied: 1.000000 [setting: 4]
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: Function: ApplyEffects - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: apply spell: Cuffed
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: Function: ApplyEffects - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: apply spell: TDNoFighting
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: Function: ApplyEffects - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: apply spell: Restrained Hands
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:42AM] [DD]: 1 entries in database.

When remove with manipulated:

Spoiler

[08/30/2023 - 08:45:46AM] [DD]: Event: OnUnequipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: processing ...
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:46AM] [DD]: Event: OnUnequipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: inventory items count 1
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:46AM] [DD]: Event: OnUnequipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: call reequip menu if player are in menu.
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:46AM] [DD]: Event: OnEquipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: triger exit from event, variable ve
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Event: OnUnequipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: triger exit, variable vu
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Script: DD_PlayerRefScript. Event: OnItemEquipped - Actor: Test. RenderedDevice: [Armor < (081455B9)>]. Reason: Trigger event!
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Function: OnItemUnequipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: running
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Function: OnItemUnequipped - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: remove sleep anticheat
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Function: RemoveEffects - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: remove spell: Cuffed
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Function: RemoveEffects - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: remove spell: TDNoFighting
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: Function: RemoveEffects - Actor: Test. Armor: Wrist Ropes. Reason: remove spell: Restrained Hands
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:47AM] [DD]: 1 entries in database.
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:48AM] [DD]: Remove keyword [Keyword <_TD_BoundHands (0700541F)>] Target actor:Test Caster actor:Test
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:48AM] [DD]: Remove keyword [Keyword <_TD_InstituteCuffsFboundHandsFrontLow (07009871)>] Target actor:Test Caster actor:Test
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:48AM] [DD]: Remove keyword [Keyword <_TD_InstituteCuffsFboundHandsFront (07009870)>] Target actor:Test Caster actor:Test
[08/30/2023 - 08:45:48AM] [DD]: Remove keyword [Keyword <_TD_InstituteCuffsFboundHandsBack (07009872)>] Target actor:Test Caster actor:Test

I mark spell, what interest us.

If log is too big you can found it by search [DD]

I will wait with push update esp, before your answer.

I still can't no imagine why it happens, if Harasment use original scripts.

And soo rare spells not removed.

Sorry for soo late answer.

UPD: I tested bug before added this fix, so test was fine.

Edited by Elsidia

And also i'm curious - if long save bug was fixed? For me in sanbox - yes.

It can happen: 

1) if you got hit by script, was equipped restraints on

2) always hit, if you equip restraints to NPC (after equip restraints (many) try save - it must save no longer as in other places. (in DD 2.0 it can hang up save or save about 15 minutes)

15 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i have both Outfit Redress Fix and RC9 running in same game and so far have not hit any bugs.

I decide to reveal a secret - this bug mostly can hit, if there is illegal manipulation with rendered devices. If you use this fix in theory no illegal manipulations with rendered devices.

This bug can hit if player have armbinder and try take from tied up NPC items - those will return back and trigger outfit reset - so there trigger my defense on illegal render device remove. But, if fix works fine, it will no touch rendered device. So not hit defense. 

Also my defense will not now work if you manipulate with rendered devices using console. So in that case, if you have Outfit fixer, you will got damaged restraints on NPC.

If you use DD 2.0 CE9 only for player not hit this bug.

3 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Sexlab Harassment removes all DD items not all the effects are being removed.

TDnofigting is spell from torture devices, maybe Harassment use own method to remove it?

About ball gag not sure. Also maybe you can send papyrus log on remove?

Edited by Elsidia
3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I take a small peak into sex harassment script source and can't find any logical explanation, why it not works. This problem still exists?

Problem happened again. Used normal DD struggle the next time on the wrist ropes and can't equip weapons although the bound wrist animation was removed like the last time.

Steps and notes listed below as I investigated:

#1 - Checked for conflicts with loaded mods in FO4Edit and didn't find any.

#2 - "TDNoFighting" [SPEL:090090F3] and "TD NoFightingEffect" [MGEF:090090D5] looks like it targets followers with cuffs.

The effects scripts properties and values are :

• TeammateReadyWeapon_DO -> TeammateReadyWeapon_DO [KYWD:001D03E1]
  • TheFollowerScript -> Followers "Follower & Companion System Control Quest" [QUST:000289E4]
  • _TD_BoundHandsFollowPackageAlias -> _TD_GeneralFunctions [QUST:0900173A] -> 001 _TD_BoundHandsFollowPackageAlias
  • _TD_BoundHandsPackageAlias -> _TD_GeneralFunctions [QUST:0900173A] -> 000 _TD_BoundHandsPackageAlias
  • _TD_DoNoAIChange -> _TD_DoNoAIChange [KYWD:09005444]

#3 - This is the most likely cause.  DD_EffectSpell_Disarm & DD_Effect_Disarm

image.png

Scriptname DD:DD_Effect_Disarm extends activemagiceffect

DD:DD_Library Property libs Auto Const	; Base API

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	If akTarget != libs.player
		return
	EndIf
	if akTarget.GetEquippedWeapon() == none && akTarget.GetEquippedWeapon(1) == none
	else
		libs.Disarm(akTarget)
	endif
EndEvent

#4 - DD Straight Jacket Spell list

image.png

#5 - Wrist ropes and a few others with the heavy bondage keyword do not have the DD_EffectSpell_Disarm spell added.

My guess:

1. There is a maintenance script that adds the spell on game load or location change if it detects that the player is wearing an item with the heavy bondage keyword and the player doesn't have the DD disarm spell.

2. Since DD_EffectSpell_Disarm is not in the item's SPELL array, the spell isn't removed when the item is removed.  
1 hour ago, jbezorg said:

#2 - "TDNoFighting" [SPEL:090090F3] and "TD NoFightingEffect" [MGEF:090090D5] looks like it targets followers with cuffs.

I don't know how it works in TD, but this spell don't allow fight player too in practice and are main spell for that.

This is the most likely cause.  DD_EffectSpell_Disarm & DD_Effect_Disarm

No. This spell does nothing. History.

This spell was made for hide weapon when you wear bondage mittens not to look silly. DD 2.0

In DD 2.0 RC8 this spell was added to straitjacket type and Yoke to hide weapons too. And nothing more.

But in reality even if weapon is hide it not solve problems with battle pose - it just removes weapon and player are left in battle pose.

Because i made a fix.

Also. When I looked at properties for the DD_Library quest. There were some property errors that the Creation Kit automatically removed and "fixed".  

I made this property for previous mention fix.

Silly Fallout doesn't allow define a idle, what starts with number - returns compilation error.

Idle Property FstPSheathe Auto Const                ; Exit Battle pose

If you define

Idle Property 1stPSheathe Auto Const                ; Exit Battle pose - it returns compilation error

If you know how to made compile this idle without made this silly property in DD library, i will likely hear and fix.

So returns to my fixes.

I need do something to force player out of battle pose, so this idle does it perfectly

But problem is there this idle not played in menu.  So i need made lame fix to check if player are in menu.

Spoiler

Function Disarm(Actor akActor)
    Weapon S
    S = DD_SmokinGun
    akActor.AddItem(S, 1, true)
    akActor.Equipitem(S, False, True)
    akActor.Unequipitem(S, False, True)
    akActor.RemoveItem(S, 1, true)
    If (UI.IsMenuOpen("ContainerMenu") || UI.IsMenuOpen("PipboyMenu") || UI.IsMenuOpen("Console")) ;EgoBallistic fix
        StartTimer(0.5, 69)
    Else
        Utility.Wait(1)
        player.playidle(FstPSheathe)
    EndIf
EndFunction

As you see disarm function equips DD smoke gun and unequip it, so left actor without weapon. And not necessary for wrist restraints works.

So just without this spell if player are in battle pose, when after equip ropes, it just left in battle pose without chance to exit and can't shoot, because TDNoFighting from TD blocks fight. When you remove ropes, player is left with weapon in arms and restore chance to shoot.

So i decide fix it. And added for player part with timer (lame, but i just need time for wait exit from menu)

So it check if player is in menu:

If no, it do 1 sec. delay - it's necessary for Fallout 4 somehow. And then play 1stPSheathe idle, what force player exit from battle pose. So now disarm removes a weapon and force player exit from battle pose.

If player is in menu it starts timer what waits while player left menu and then play a idle with the same condition as previous.

So in latest version (what not published) i add spell disarm to all restraints, what have TDNoFighting spell as it makes sense to fix player pose and disarm weapon.

So i'm sure this spell 100% not guilty as it does nothing.

But if you still think that it will help i can push this update tomorrow.  As for me thinking, it will not help.

But still will be nice to see papyrus when it happen - what spells are removed and maybe just not trigger spell remove. Maybe something stuck in TD side - as not removed some keywords or hkx pose not updated for player.

Edited by Elsidia
2 hours ago, jbezorg said:

"TD NoFightingEffect" [MGEF:090090D5]

I just check this effect and there is:

if akTarget == Game.Getplayer()
        TDLayer = InputEnableLayer.Create()
        TDLayer.EnableFighting(false)

So it just use layer to block fight. So my opinion is that some mod or even DD (when vibration event plays) mess up with this layer and damage it, so when spell is removed it can't correctly enable fight mode.

Edited by Elsidia