ok, I am really hoping someone can help me, please.

When I talk to people they bring up that I have a devious device, and I ask if they world help me and they say yes. . One problem, I do not have a devious device on. I unequipped and removed all through through command prompt, I am naked with nothing in my inventory. When I do try to unequipall, I get an error message saying something could not be unequipped.

I can't proceed with the game, no one will talk to me.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:37 AM, valcon767 said:

usage report

i have both Outfit Redress Fix and RC9 running in same game and so far have not hit any bugs.

other than a single issue, which turned out to be a corrupted download i have not had any issues with RC9.

i use MO2 and am including loadorder and plugins files for those who wish to see what else i have running.

edit 

i do have Outfit Redress Fix loading before RC9.

end edit

loadorder.txt 6.46 kB · 1 download plugins.txt 6.61 kB · 0 downloads

O wow thiz iz good to know! Outfit Redress Fix is just an F4SE plugin so it doesn't load before or after RC lol Thank u. I don't seem to have any issues with it either, and am not noticing broken stand guard behavior as was mentioned as a symptom of the issue I guess. I mean peeps look back and forth sometimes when trying to find pathing when patrolling, but that seems to be a normal oddity in any playthrough I've ever attempted. So I don't see any problems I can link to running them both.

21 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

O wow thiz iz good to know! Outfit Redress Fix is just an F4SE plugin so it doesn't load before or after RC lol Thank u. I don't seem to have any issues with it either, and am not noticing broken stand guard behavior as was mentioned as a symptom of the issue I guess. I mean peeps look back and forth sometimes when trying to find pathing when patrolling, but that seems to be a normal oddity in any playthrough I've ever attempted. So I don't see any problems I can link to running them both.

Right, load order between the two would be irrelevant anyway. I've been using them both together and haven't observed any problems, but that doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I haven't noticed them if they're happening.

1 hour ago, mulliganplummer said:

I unequipped and removed all through through command prompt

There's a reason you never do that. It breaks things beyond repair.

You can try crafting the items you forced removed, color doesn't matter, equip each item, manipulating the lock for easy removal, exit the Pip-Boy, open it and remove the item.

You "might" have to do it more than once for certain items, which indicates they were still equipped, script wise.

Or the simple way, roll back/start a new run.

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I made this property for previous mention fix.

Silly Fallout doesn't allow define a idle, what starts with number - returns compilation error.

Idle Property FstPSheathe Auto Const                ; Exit Battle pose

If you define

Idle Property 1stPSheathe Auto Const                ; Exit Battle pose - it returns compilation error

If you know how to made compile this idle without made this silly property in DD library, i will likely hear and fix.

That's probably a limitation of the underlying compiler for the game itself. e.g. In VB and C# variable names must begin with a letter or underscore.

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

If (UI.IsMenuOpen("ContainerMenu") || UI.IsMenuOpen("PipboyMenu") || UI.IsMenuOpen("Console")) ;EgoBallistic fix

If you only need to check those menus and not all of them, isn't it better to register for them "RegisterForMenuOpenCloseEvent("ContainerMenu"), RegisterForMenuOpenCloseEvent("PipboyMenu")..." and

OnMenuOpenCloseEvent(string asMenuName, bool abOpening)
 if !abOpening
	player.playidle(FstPSheathe)

instead of a timer.

1 hour ago, lee3310 said:

If you only need to check those menus and not all of th

I need be sure, that player not in any menu, trade, pipboy etc (about console not sure) - so player is in state to be ready a play animations. Or if not, idle is played without effect.

Edited by Elsidia
9 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I need be sure, that player not in any menu, trade, pipboy etc (about console not sure) - so player is in state to be ready a play animations. Or if not, idle is played without effect.

If you need to check all menus, you can use "if Utility.IsInMenuMode()" and the timer but if those 3 menus you posted suffice, then events are more suitable (smoother). Just a suggestion.

If Utility.IsInMenuMode()
        StartTimer(0.5, 69)

I didn't know about property names starting with number don't compile, need to try it.

Edited by lee3310
21 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I didn't know about property names starting with number don't compile, need to try it.

This is all I can find regarding papyrus variables. Nothing in the CK wiki for Skyrim or FO4.

https://wiki.beyondskyrim.org/wiki/Arcane_University:Scripting_Best_Practices

#13 - Don’t start properties, variables, functions, or any type of Papyrus identifier with a number --- the compiler will fail (i.e. 123function() fails).

7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Idle with number is original bethesdas idle. How they use it? )))

The names of script variables/properties don't have to match the form names in the plugin, they can be (and often are) entirely different. But also, most idles you see happening in the game aren't being triggered by Papyrus scripts, they're from things like idle markers or packages which are implemented entirely within the game engine and never touch scripts.

The "don't start things with digits" requirement is specific to Papyrus scripting.

9 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Idle with number is original bethesdas idle. How they use it? )))

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The names of script variables/properties don't have to match the form names in the plugin, they can be (and often are) entirely different. But also, most idles you see happening in the game aren't being triggered by Papyrus scripts, they're from things like idle markers or packages which are implemented entirely within the game engine and never touch scripts.

The "don't start things with digits" requirement is specific to Papyrus scripting.

The name of the idle as it appears in the CK isn't a variable within the CK and within the game itself.

The game is also a database with everything identified by a unique form id and having properties depending what type of thing it is. "1stPSheathe" is just a value of the editor id (EDID) property of that particular idle. The form id is also a property value of the thing with a constraint that it must be a hexadecimal number padded with leading zeros to always be 8 digits and a max value of 00FFFFFF (16,777,215).

Edited by jbezorg

I don't want to disturb your discussion but I need to know how to get restraints, specifically handcuffs off. I have keys, but I can't access them and buying some from goodneighbour just places them in my inventroy which doesn't help me. Right now I need to reload a save whenever handcuffs are applied since I can't seem to figure out how to escape them,

Maybe I'm just being dumb and overlooked something

24 minutes ago, TheNewGal said:

I don't want to disturb your discussion but I need to know how to get restraints, specifically handcuffs off. I have keys, but I can't access them and buying some from goodneighbour just places them in my inventroy which doesn't help me. Right now I need to reload a save whenever handcuffs are applied since I can't seem to figure out how to escape them,

Maybe I'm just being dumb and overlooked something

If they're handcuffs from Devious Devices, you should be able to try to unequip them in your Pip-Boy, which will bring up a menu where you can try to unlock them, struggle out, pick the lock, etc. If the handcuffs are from the Real Handcuffs mod, trying to access your Pip-Boy will bring up a menu where you can struggle or investigate the lock.

Depending on which mod they're from, your options for removing handcuffs differ. There are other mods which give you additional ways to unlock or remove restraints from both DD and RH (DD Armorbench Unlocker, Sex Attributes, Sexual Harassment, Hardship, Boston Devious Helper, and probably more I'm forgetting).

Alright thanks that kind of fixed it, however one of the restraints is still causing issues. I was wearing something that slowed my character down and even after removing it the effect still happens, putting it on and off again doesn't help. I can sprint but my walking speed is drastically reduced. Any idea what to do?

On 9/8/2023 at 5:40 AM, TheNewGal said:

Alright thanks that kind of fixed it, however one of the restraints is still causing issues. I was wearing something that slowed my character down and even after removing it the effect still happens, putting it on and off again doesn't help. I can sprint but my walking speed is drastically reduced. Any idea what to do?

It might not be related to DD gear.  If you have Sex Attributes installed, the physical wear effects may be causing the speed reduction.  I get annoyed by this function as well, if you get group banged by a bunch of Super Mutants, it can turn into a never-ending chain.  You can't get away fast enough for them to not to reengage (thus making the effect worse after round 2+), without changing mod settings to get away.

The wear effects will wear off with sleep/time/stim packs, or you can disable the effects in the MCM.

Anyone else just have their body completely destroyed upon exiting Power Armor???? Just frozen mid-morphing all over the dam place? I swear I saw a fix either on Loverslab or Nexus just for this, but no related search term on 11 different search engines seem to bring me anywhere near such a fix

36 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

Anyone else just have their body completely destroyed upon exiting Power Armor???? Just frozen mid-morphing all over the dam place? I swear I saw a fix either on Loverslab or Nexus just for this, but no related search term on 11 different search engines seem to bring me anywhere near such a fix

Does it look like the pic below? If so, you have a mod that's messing with the race change on PA exit. ie; from power armor race back to human race.
The pic below was caused by a slaver mod I had installed.. back in 2017. LOL

Fallout 4 02.10.2017 - 14.16.23.02.png

Edited by izzyknows
3 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Does it look like the pic below? If so, you have a mod that's messing with the race change on PA exit. ie; from power armor race back to human race.
The pic below was caused by a slaver mod I had installed.. back in 2017. LOL

Fallout 4 02.10.2017 - 14.16.23.02.png

O no it's the physics, my 3BBB body parts are stretching 2 feet away from my body all to the left whenever I put on any outfit now. It appears to be permeant too, so Ima have to load. Only happens with Devious Devices on I just confirmed. I guess no using Power Armor with Devious Devices installed is the safest bet for now for me. I swear to hell I saw something about this bug in the reqs for Devious Devices or somewhere on the Loverslab. There's a fix included with one of these mods somewhere but I just can't find it.

Edited by LynErso666
6 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

You shouldn't be able to use PA while wearing restraints. But then again, I haven't used PA in 5+ years. LOL

I know it's a known issue with some mod, I just can't for the life of me place it. I remember downloading a mod and it saying "Use this if your body stretches when exiting power armor" and nope can't recall more than just thinking "Why would I ever need that!?" like a dumbass lol

But not being able to use Power Armor with just like a harness on? I can understand cuffs and whatnot but I just had a slave harness on.

Edited by LynErso666
20 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

But not being able to use Power Armor with just like a harness on? I can understand cuffs and whatnot but I just had a slave harness on.

None of the items. As you well know they will cause issues when changing races. But IF I remember right, it's just items that restrain movement "should" block PA usage.

At least with RC8 & RC9.