Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

That's not how the periodic events work. They don't use properties. Their messages are all hardcoded in their respective scripts.

Sorry, I thought that with the mod event on equip the message could be sent to the periodic message queue in that way.

I guess papyrus is really different from languages I'm used to seeing. Guess I need to study more.

Edit: Some bugs I got while testing:

- If you equip a extreme hobblesuit and a pet suit. The only animation you get is the one from the extreme hobblesuit.

- If you equip a pet suit and a restrictive boot set, start a sex animation, sexlab clears the override from the boots only and sinks you into the ground. Making animations clip into the ground.

- There is some clipping on the thighs when you use the petsuit.

Edit2: More things

- Leather Pet Suit devices have the wrong world model (armbinder one)

- Some rope devices have wrong world models (rope dress points to hobbledress model, I believe the correct one is the rope?)

- Rope devices messages talk about keys

- Bondage Mittens (paw) gives message about not allowing you to equip itens, but still allows you to equip it

- Bondage mittens w/ manipulated locks give messages about dropping keys (posted before. Confirmed it is still in)

- Iron pear w/sign and Iron pear w/bell gave options to manipulate the locks, but require keys to be unlocked (not sure if a bug, but it is a neat bug - You never know if manipulating the locks will work. Althought in this case it always fails. Can we have manipulate lock failure chance for higher difficulties?)

- (Bug?) The bodyslide for ropebinders only has slider for the high weight

On 5/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, donkeywho said:

Check on DDi4.1 Follower Behavior, in particular bound combat

Aim was to check if DDi4.1 devices worn by followers properly restricted them to 'unarmed combat' techniques, as opposed to their still being able to annihilate every bad person in sight, as is the case using DDi4.0, despite their being trussed up like turkeys

Tested using

New Game

180508 DEVT FILE; DDa, DDi, DDx
DCUR 6.3

2 Followers.  

Managed by AFT, 2 1 x Ranger, 1 x Bow and Arrow. Neither had magic  

@Kimy

GREEN - SEEMS LIKELY TO BE FIXED

YELLOW - STILL NEEDS SOME LOOKING AT AND SOME NEW ISSUES

'Normal' Follower Behaviour

they no longer move along, in train, behind the follower, in that normal manner, after DD4.1 Devices are worn - this is significantly changed from behaviour when wearing DDi4.0 devices, which maintains standard follower behaviour

they wander off in the direction of the place where the devices were applied, or the last point into which they were ported. For instance, the player can be going in one direction and the follower in the exact opposite  This Seems to be fixed

they do not adopt a 'sneak' pose when the player 'sneaks'   This Seems to be fixed

ADD: OTHER ISSUES ARISING

WHEN DCUR MOVES PLAYER AFTER DEFEATED TO ANOTHER MAP LOCATION

2 - THE FOLLOWERS DO NOT CHANGE LOCATION WITH THE PLAYER.  THEIR MARKERS STILL SHOW THEM AT THE PLACE WHERE THE PLAYER WAS DEFEATED AND MOVED FROM.  (DCUR'S 'FIX FOLLOWERS' DOES NOT FIX THAT) IF THE PLAYER CAN 'WAIT' FOR A PERIOD, THEY REAPPEAR

3 - WHEN REAPPEARING, THE ARMBINDER ANIM (AT LEAST) IS BROKEN, IE ARMS SHOWING HANGING TO SIDE.  IS FIXED IF YOU CONSOLE/ENABLE/DISABLE FOLLOWER

-----------

'Combat related' behaviour

they seem to have inconsistent behaviour when changing from normal motion, on pressing 'R' or Left Mouse, to combat walk anims, and from combat walk anims to combat sneak anims  ANIMS BREAK INTERMITTENTLY,  BUT SEEMS TO BREAK LESS THAN FREQUENTLY THAN BEFORE

they will 'catch  up' on the player when the 'R' key is pressed, but as stated above will then turn about and walk away again back to wherever it was they were  BUT SEE ABOVE

they will engage in unarmed combat, if no weapons in inventory.

BUT

they will draw weapons, and even fight with them, if they possess them.  STILL NOT QUITE RIGHT ie IF STATIONARY, AND PLAYER KICKS, NO PROBLEM, FOLLOWER REMAINS IN BOUND ANIM.  IF PLAYER AND FOLLOWERS ARTE IN MOTION, FOLLOWERS WILL ALTERNATE, V QUICKLY, BETWEEN BOUND ANIM AND DRAWN WEAPON ANIM  

(I'm pretty sure that's not what's supposed to happen :frown:)

NEW ISSUE: WHEN THE PLAYER HAS BEEN DEFEATED, AFTER THE FIRST EVENT ON WHICH DD DEVICES WERE APPLIED TO THEM, USING DCUR AT LEAST, THE FOLLOWERS DID NOT GET SUBDUED WHEN THE PLAYER WAS, AND REMAINED IN 'COMBAT MODE'.  WHEN ANOTHER BANDIT CAME ALONG, IT WOULD START A 'FRESH' FIGHT WITH THE FOLLOWERS' EVEN WHILE THE DCUR BADDIE WAS DOING HIS OR HER THING WITH THE PLAYER.  MAY BE A DCUR ISSUE?  HAD RESTRAINED OPTIONS, RAPE AND COMBAT DEFEAT. SET AT 100% ALL THE TIME

++++++++++

Other weird Follower stuff

when the armbinder was removed from the follower wearing it, follower behaviour returned to 'normal', ie that follower played 'nicely', even while the other follower still wasn't,

BUT

when the player initiated combat stance with 'R' key, the follower adopted the armbinder animation as if still wearing one! :confounded:  SORRY - FORGOT TO CHECK THIS. WILL TRY TO GET BACK TO YOU ON IT

+++++++++++

Weird Player stuff

DCUR will boot the player back to the start of a location after the combat rape scene, or even - regardless of what post event MCM options you set - halfway to the rest of Tamriel if it's having a really hissy fit  

Anyway, when the PLAYER does get wherever, if wearing a device from DDi4, eg armbinder, something seems to get 'stuck', and the 'R' key/Lft Mse cannot be activated, so the followers get left where they were, and cannot be forced to do the 'catch-up to player' thing. (Using a mod that sets NPC markers, you can see that they are still where you were bounced from, but you can't get them to come to you)  

1 - COMBAT ANIMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE USING 'R' KEY/LFT MOUSE UNTIL AFTER THE PLAYER HAS EQUIPPED A WEAPON FROM INVENTORY - NOT SURE IF THAT'S HARD CODED SKYRIM BEHAVIOR OR IF THAT CAN BE BYPASSED

That's different from DD1 4.0, which didn't seem to stop you doing any of that

In fact, though I couldn't be absolutely certain, the player's return to 'combat' seems to need the player to take a 'hit' before being able to activate 'R', after which unarmed combat seemed to work OK, which it did in two situations, one with an armbinder and one with handcuffs - the anims for the latter look really good!  PRETTY SURE THIS WAS THE DRAWN WEAPON ISSUE MENTIONED ABOVE :smile:

=====================

Conclusion  TYVM for everything done.  It's really getting there nicely

APOLS FOR THE WEIRD FORMATTING.  I HAD TO TYPE SOME OF THIS IN 5 OR SIX TIMES FOR IT TO 'STAY' WITHOUT DISAPPEARING WHEN HITTING 'RETURN' AND GETTING A NEW REPLY 'BOX' :confounded:

@Kimy

Other weird Follower stuff

when the armbinder was removed from the follower wearing it, follower behaviour returned to 'normal', ie that follower played 'nicely', even while the other follower still wasn't,

BUT

when the player initiated combat stance with 'R' key, the follower adopted the armbinder animation as if still wearing one! :confounded:  SORRY - FORGOT TO CHECK THIS. WILL TRY TO GET BACK TO YOU ON IT

-------------------------------

OK, have now tried this again, using the 180508 devt versions, with FNIS and bodyslide both run afresh

What happened was:

1 - Take off follower's armbinder, follower retains armbinder bound arms pose, in both normal and combat modes.  

2 - Player Equip weapon, draws weapon with 'R' key, and the follower moves out of the armbinder bound pose, to normal combat pose with own weapon drawn, BUT, on player resheathing weapon, follower resheathes their's as expected, but returns to armbinder bound pose

So that still seems to be a bit squiff

In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure that this, and the other issues mentioned in the post above, are just minor glitches, and are probably not terribly hard for you to fix

Anyway, hope that helps

You know it may sound Crazy, but I would like a DDI verion ( call it DDI lite )

That did nothing as far as locking anything on any one. but if you wore the DDI equipment, the animations, and or Warning's vibration what ever were forced, but absolutely no Locking system at all.

You put and arm binder on, and you are forced into the arm binder animation, but it was not locked on you. you could take it off, put it back on, no problem, a true clothing resource.

1. Some times I just like to roll play, and Having to deal with the manipulate lock, struggle to get out even if I manipulate the lock's is bothersome.

2.   Reason is I could then use it as a true resource, I could set a ref for the items I wished to use in my Mod, and I could decide how to lock them, what effect they might have. This is something I can do easy, and I would not have to mess with all those darn keyword's, and concerns as to weather My mod affected anyone else's,  I could actually make a mod like I want to make.

I mean I can set up a script that will crash your game if you try to remove the item, that is not that hard. I can make it come off at a stage, or if you find and Item, or if you talk to a certain person, what ever with relative ease or just tell them in the quest " you can remove the item, but if you do I will know, and you will fail the quest." Or set up my own effect's of wearing the armor more freely

I just much prefer sometimes to have a full hand's on control of all things pertaining to any mod I might be making.

I really don't need the forced key, key break, lock jamb, your to tired, you have to get help, you have to fix the lock system.  I just need a clothing resource with the animations forced, when you wear it.

Just the clothing resource, which is very nice. Would quite often be much better for my need's.

I hope I am not hated for asking about such a possible version like this, I just think I would like it better for my Needs a lot of the time.

21 hours ago, Kimy said:

Also:

DD 4.1 is now feature frozen. No new features will be added to it. We're going to work on what's already in and fix bugs, but as far as new things go - that's it! So starting testing it! Hard! :smiley:

Known issues:

- rope binders need their texture path updated

- pet suits do not prevent characters from jumping

- new struggle animations need to be added to their respective device properties

Is the new pet suit supposed to have struggle animations?

12 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

@Kimy

Looks like someone may have found a possible reason for some of the reports of broken animations, at least for MO2 users.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99331-solved-kinda-going-crazy-armbinder-animations-not-working/

I'd really really like to say that this was maybe why I was having the follower armbinder animation problems I referred to in my posts above.

But I'm using MO1....

May be no rest for the weary, I'm afraid... :confused:

50 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

@Kimy

Looks like someone may have found a possible reason for some of the reports of broken animations, at least for MO2 users.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99331-solved-kinda-going-crazy-armbinder-animations-not-working/

Mod manager specific problems are...just that. In all honesty, the only mod manager I guarantee my mods to work with is NMM, because that happens to be the mod manager I am using myself. MO users are more than welcome to discuss issues and how to solve them, but I can't help them with it, nor will I design my mods around it.

8 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Mod manager specific problems are...just that. In all honesty, the only mod manager I guarantee my mods to work with is NMM, because that happens to be the mod manager I am using myself. MO users are more than welcome to discuss issues and how to solve them, but I can't help them with it, nor will I design my mods around it.

Yeah, I just figured it was worth knowing about, since it can be presented as a reason for/solution to the issues.

42 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

I'd really really like to say that this was maybe why I was having the follower armbinder animation problems I referred to in my posts above.

But I'm using MO1....

May be no rest for the weary, I'm afraid... :confused:

Oh no, this isn't about followers, this is about t-posing/missing animations on the player character.

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

Oh no, this isn't about followers, this is about t-posing/missing animations on the player character.

Yes, indeed so

I was really just trying to point out (probably very badly :smile:) for Kimy's benefit - I know, as she's often said before, that she uses NMM exclusively - that the sort of idiosyncrasies that I'd come across in looking at followers weren't MO mod manager related

I suppose that I was trying to soften things up a bit, as I hate waltzing in as some sort of Harbinger of Doom. 

Now there's a thought for a new DD for DCUR (I might suggest it there!).  An enemy arrow, the Harbinger of Devious Doom that, on hit, deploys a (notional) bolass which applies variants of rope harness, arms, legs, full body, to the PC or followers.  A rare event that can bring down the player.....Who needs fixed traps when you can have the equivalent of a Forsworn Drone Strike?  

\I'll get my coat......

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Now there's a thought for a new DD for DCUR (I might suggest it there!).  An enemy arrow, the Harbinger of Devious Doom that, on hit, deploys a (notional) bolass which applies variants of rope harness, arms, legs, full body, to the PC or followers.  A rare event that can bring down the player.....Who needs fixed traps when you can have the equivalent of a Forsworn Drone Strike?  

Whiterun Brothel Revamped has the "bandit drone strike" in it now :smile: they are called "Slooty Ninja".

If you have the keys, you can unlock the slave rubber outfit (gloves, boots, hood and suit) while wearing a yoke ("Yoke Shiny Metal").  I don't think that's intended since you can't unlock chests or doors in a yoke.

Great work, I love the new items :smile:

While trying some of the new items I found some minor things. Maybe they'll help improving:

1. Should the pet suits have bodyslide files stuff? I'm using cbbe and i can't find how to build the pet suits. I can build the other restraints. In my game the pet suits look great, except that the character's legs clip through at the thighs.

2. When walking in the transparent extreme hobble dress the character's butt clips through (because of the butt hdt movement i guess). Standing still looks good. Also the breasts hdt movement doesn't cause the breasts to clip through when moving. (if it matters: the body i use is cbbe curvy, no extreme slider stuff)

i'm looking forward to trying the bound combat system and the gag talk. Are there any changes to those since ddi 4.0 except for the bound follower behaviour?

2 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

2. When walking in the transparent extreme hobble dress the character's butt clips through (because of the butt hdt movement i guess). Standing still looks good. Also the breasts hdt movement doesn't cause the breasts to clip through when moving. (if it matters: the body i use is cbbe curvy, no extreme slider stuff)

Thanks for the report!

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? I'm not using CBBE so I'm a bit at a loss here as to what I may have done wrong in the slider set creation process. I'm fairly sure I used the CBBE Body HDT as the reference body.

13 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? I'm not using CBBE so I'm a bit at a loss here as to what I may have done wrong in the slider set creation process. I'm fairly sure I used the CBBE Body HDT as the reference body.

9 times out of 10, just a matter of copying the body butt weights over to the dress.

I did a double check:

- cbbe hdt body built

- transparent hobble dress built with the same slider preset

- all of the butt sliders are between 0 and 100, so no strange values

In game the hobble dress does move with the butt, but slightly differently, which means the butt pokes through the dress in some places around 2 times per second (once per step).

ScreenShot14.jpg

ScreenShot17.jpg

ScreenShot16.jpg

ScreenShot15.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mexicola88 said:

If you know exactly where your meshes and textures are just replace them with those that fit better, if you name it correctly it shouldn't be a problem at all doing that.

You sure? i think DDi is responsible for animations right? 

I saw in the DCL thread that bound animations using DD items are top-priority.

I'm kind off surprised as well how many bound animations there are on this site, yet almost none (I think actually none) are compatible with literally the only bondage devices available in the game.

I took a jab at making an elbow / armbinder blowjob animation

Spoiler

https://gfycat.com/CautiousHardAntarcticfurseal | Stage 1

https://gfycat.com/ShinyUnluckyGypsymoth | Stage 2

https://gfycat.com/SereneDimwittedAlaskajingle | Stage 3

https://gfycat.com/PointlessScratchyInchworm | Stage 4 looks rather wacky how both actors move at the exact same point, might change it if needed.

https://gfycat.com/BadDeadlyAppaloosa | Stage 5

It looks consensual, since it was a nice starting point for my first bound animation, but I can try and make another one or change this if enough people want to so it can make use of the agressive animation tag :tongue:

Also, the dick is below the lips, but this is done so it actually aligns super neatly ingame

I made unfinished animations before but this is probably the best one I made so far.
I also really like bound animations and feel that animations fit for DD items are really needed, so I'll be happy to make more if people like this.

My plan is to use the exact same animations, only changing the arms position depending on what device it is.

The only Issue I can think off is that if I do this, there will be a lot of animations. I don't know if this will be problem.
I can cut down on only using the armbinder animation instead of an armbinder + elbowbinder, since the arms of the elbowbinder pose can fit in the armbinder, so I can use one 1 animation for both devices. It can look weird and has some clipping but it cuts down on a whole single animation! wow!! :tongue:

Spoiler

c4288eec3951ecb62bb3a1bffefe4265.thumb.png.04cfaed08e789df712c966fbf6718e19.png

Anyhow, thoughts on this are really appreciated.

2 hours ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

I saw in the DCL thread that bound animations using DD items are top-priority.

I'm kind off surprised as well how many bound animations there are on this site, yet almost none (I think actually none) are compatible with literally the only bondage devices available in the game.

I took a jab at making an elbow / armbinder blowjob animation
  Hide contents

https://gfycat.com/CautiousHardAntarcticfurseal | Stage 1

https://gfycat.com/ShinyUnluckyGypsymoth | Stage 2

https://gfycat.com/SereneDimwittedAlaskajingle | Stage 3

https://gfycat.com/PointlessScratchyInchworm | Stage 4 looks rather wacky how both actors move at the exact same point, might change it if needed.

https://gfycat.com/BadDeadlyAppaloosa | Stage 5

It looks consensual, since it was a nice starting point for my first bound animation, but I can try and make another one or change this if enough people want to so it can make use of the agressive animation tag :tongue:

Also, the dick is below the lips, but this is done so it actually aligns super neatly ingame

I made unfinished animations before but this is probably the best one I made so far.
I also really like bound animations and feel that animations fit for DD items are really needed, so I'll be happy to make more if people like this.

My plan is to use the exact same animations, only changing the arms position depending on what device it is.

The only Issue I can think off is that if I do this, there will be a lot of animations. I don't know if this will be problem.
I can cut down on only using the armbinder animation instead of an armbinder + elbowbinder, since the arms of the elbowbinder pose can fit in the armbinder, so I can use one 1 animation for both devices. It can look weird and has some clipping but it cuts down on a whole single animation! wow!! :tongue:

Reveal hidden contents

c4288eec3951ecb62bb3a1bffefe4265.thumb.png.04cfaed08e789df712c966fbf6718e19.png

Anyhow, thoughts on this are really appreciated.

You need seperate animations for each device. Using the animations with the armbinder position as one for the elbowbinder will look quite broken and cause clipping. Amount of animations is not really a concern at the moment. We also don't mind if there was versions for yokes, bbyoke or cuffs in front for the same animations.

Regardless, the animations look really nice. Great job!