Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

17 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

Hello since all dd4/dcl threads are spammed i decided to post here:

First thing is that everything is kinda slow and "bugged?" for example after i put armbinder i need to wait few sec to see bound animation much slower than in old version 

Followers keep their hands bound after unlocking armbinder from them, even if i pull out the weapon they are still bound basically "invisible armbinder" looks like i have to enter new area or teleport to fix it.

I can enter inventory,spells when bound - not sure if its bug or its normal with dd4 

Uh? dialogue option - I guess its from DCL but i didnt find any option in MCM related to this 

No bound animation on Bound Girls from DCL 

Thanks!

For the Dialog, if you have DCL installed, there is an option (in DCL MCM) to set percentage for how often DD dialog vs DCL dialog will occur.

Was done for former DD(3), but seems to work the same with new DD(4).

3 hours ago, Anooon said:

Is it intentional that the cooldown after failed escape attempts from devices also applies to using keys to unlock them? I tried to take off a corset, the key broke and...then my character was too tired from turning a key so she had to wait two hours until she could try turning a key again. That seems pretty silly, if you ask me.

Every escape method has it's own individual cooldown. I think the reason unlocking has one, is that locks have a setting for how easy it is to access them.

On 05/12/2017 at 1:53 AM, Princessity said:

Oh it's not going to be absent. I for one want to keep it. We may simply stop adding new devices to it at some point but the existing ones should stay and continue to function as they are.

Anyways some items from this cycle will still make it ^^ Working on it right now.

Apologies for coming back to this again but I'm a bear of little brain...

Using generic device functions and or tags I am seeing some new gags but other than that everything else seems to be as version 3.x.

Certainly using the zad_DeviousHeavyBondage Kw doesn't seems to ever pick zad_DeviousStraitJacket, zad_DeviousCuffsFront or zad_DeviousYokeBB.

Is there a correct  way to register these as generic for an individual mod or should I be using a different approach entirely to ustilise these as random device picks alongside Armbinders and Yokes?

Apologies in advance if that has been explained before... I am just starting to test the new DD with SD+ and other mods.

Things are working smoothly so far except for one thing I noticed - the 'can you help me?' dialogues are gone when wearing armbinders.

What is the current mechanism for these dialogues? are they now linked to the difficulty settings or some other parameter? or are they gone for good?

30 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Apologies in advance if that has been explained before... I am just starting to test the new DD with SD+ and other mods.

Things are working smoothly so far except for one thing I noticed - the 'can you help me?' dialogues are gone when wearing armbinders.

What is the current mechanism for these dialogues? are they now linked to the difficulty settings or some other parameter? or are they gone for good?

They are gone. I seem to recall the reasoning being that there are several other mods with the same feature, so it wasn't really needed anymore.

13 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Would be interesting to know what mods remove the yoke or armbinder via dialog still.

So far i know of:

- Naked Dungeon 1.9+ (only Armbinder after a long walk to greybeards for a special ritual, not testet with D4 only with DDdev)

- Devious Followers 9c (for septims, just testet it D4 works great, followers only)

- DCL 6.2 (all NPCs have the dialog, consequences can be set in MCM, testet with D4, works great, especialy if you dont want to get out of the armbinder quick ;D)

- DDe (for selectiv removal of DDs without dialog, not testet with D4 yet on armbinders, but testet on other Devious devices of DD4)

- Captured Dreams (after moving to the shop, not testet with D4)

Add to that list:

- SD+ - removed once the player is free from enslavement. Humans will remove it for a fee if they have the equipment (craftsmen, guards, court wizards .. anyone with magic or tools/swords). Sanguine will remove them for a kiss... or worse... or not.

Thanks for the reply. It was a convenient way to convince people to remove armbinders but I agree it was not very immersive if you had locked hard metal devices on. Leather armbinders could be an exception.. I may add that option back to SD+ if I find the time.

39 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Would be interesting to know what mods remove the yoke or armbinder via dialog still.

So far i know of:

- Naked Dungeon 1.9+ (only Armbinder after a long walk to greybeards for a special ritual, not testet with D4 only with DDdev)

- Devious Followers 9c (for septims, just testet it D4 works great, followers only)

- DCL 6.2 (all NPCs have the dialog, consequences can be set in MCM, testet with D4, works great, especialy if you dont want to get out of the armbinder quick ;D)

- DDe (for selectiv removal of DDs without dialog, not testet with D4 yet on armbinders, but testet on other Devious devices of DD4)

It's better with  that feature gone.

Also add to list:

Shout Like a Virgin... not by dialogue... Nocturnal removes non-block-generic devices, including armbinders, during several events, usually because she's putting some Virgin devices on you

A question about BodySlide with Devious Devices. Is there some hacky way to use a HDT body under most circumstances, but to not have physics when certain DD items are equipped? It just looks weird to me that a chastity bra (for example) can flop around. I think DD comes with non HDT options for BodySlide, but if I'm using a HDT body the body will just physics clip straight through, right?

4 minutes ago, amasters said:

A question about BodySlide with Devious Devices. Is there some hacky way to use a HDT body under most circumstances, but to not have physics when certain DD items are equipped? It just looks weird to me that a chastity bra (for example) can flop around. I think DD comes with non HDT options for BodySlide, but if I'm using a HDT body the body will just physics clip straight through, right?

Devious Devices has an option called "breast node management" which when selected tries to compress breasts while wearing chastity bras.  That option + building the non-hdt version of the bra may be what you are looking for (it may depend on your body preset if you get any clipping or not).

1 minute ago, Reesewow said:

Devious Devices has an option called "breast node management" which when selected tries to compress breasts while wearing chastity bras.  That option + building the non-hdt version of the bra may be what you are looking for (it may depend on your body preset if you get any clipping or not).

You know, somehow that didn't occur to me. I've always just automatically disabled that setting because it's caused all sorts of problems in the past where the breasts end up completely flat or even concave, even after the bra was removed! I don't think I was building the non-HDT version though.

I'm guessing that's just something I haven't properly understood. Is there anything I should know or read that might tell me how to use that setting properly? Common issues and such?

11 minutes ago, amasters said:

You know, somehow that didn't occur to me. I've always just automatically disabled that setting because it's caused all sorts of problems in the past where the breasts end up completely flat or even concave, even after the bra was removed! I don't think I was building the non-HDT version though.

I'm guessing that's just something I haven't properly understood. Is there anything I should know or read that might tell me how to use that setting properly? Common issues and such?

Not sure, but it is pretty harmless to just experiment with it and see how it works for you.  At worst it doesn't work out and you can just build the HDT bra in bodyslide again and disable the option.  I don't use the option myself anymore because it conflicts with other mods I use that cause size changes to breasts (Soul Gem Oven 3 for example would fight with it over control, causing spazzing), and because I'm not a huge fan of chastity bras anyway.  If you aren't using any mods that affect breast size, it may work fine for you.

I think it is likely your only option however, since chastity bras do not replace the body mesh there isn't really a way to "turn off" your hdt body when you wear them.  Even the node management option is just crushing them so that they are too flat to show up when you move.

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

so here the list update:

- DDe (for selectiv removal of DDs without dialog, not testet with D4 yet on armbinders, but testet on other Devious devices of DD4 => emergency use only if something gets stuck or extensive DD use starts to break a quest or two)

- SD+ (DDs removed once the player is free from enslavement. Humans will remove it for a fee if they have the equipment (craftsmen, guards, court wizards .. anyone with magic or tools/swords). Sanguine will remove them for a kiss... or worse... or not.

- Shout Like a Virgin (DD removal not by dialogue... Nocturnal removes non-block-generic devices, including armbinders, during several events, usually because she's putting some Virgin devices on you)

dont let me start with compatibility issues here xD

Captured Dreams has not been updated to v4 as of yet so removal of armbinders and yokes is unlikely though it seems that they are still equipped using the old keywords.

24 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

So many ppl hate those bondage mittens,

what i dont understand: you can switch off the hardcore function of those mittens in the DD MCM

whats all the lament than all about? Did i miss something?

yes they can be annoying if you try to pick up keys, they realy make it hard to hold on to that strapon,  but they have some positive effects too

(after all those mitten laments i need to take a side for those poor mittens):

Spoiler

- with the right mod you still can cast, that forced me to learn to use skyrim spell the first time (other than heal, switch on light and to light a blowpipe => Spellmittens)

- it makes the SD+ enslavement escape much harder (sometimes even impossible)

- because you cant do much with those on your hands, you have to use followers a lot more (nice combo with Devious followers)

- they just look cute, grab some kitty ears and sneak on all fours (tail optional, and fits the SD crawling)

- they keep you longer in bondage, just because you get too annoyed to pick up those keys

- they come with a secret spell to explote the inventar of looted chests all over the place

- brawling with followers in mittens is just fun (saves a slot for the pillow mod)

- they come in different colors!

- they prevent you to change your bondage too often

- they keep fingers warm in the cold north (might be a good feature for frostfall)

- they force you to find those straponless lesbian SLAL animations

- they dont break animations like armbinders tend to do sometimes

- they are a must have for slave heels wearing slaves (be sure to choose a matching color)

okey, after the brainstorming,  maybe they could get optimized a bit, but dont nerv them too much pls!

I do kinda like the mittens... I just feel they need to be integrated into the new escape system a bit better, instead of having the old one, and then the new one kick in after.

At the very least I feel the check for tiredness needs to happen before I spend ages trying to get the key in the lock.

Because there's nothing more annoying than spending 5 minutes trying to get the key in the lock, only to be told "nope, that must have all been in your head, because you're too tired to bother trying the lock after all" when you "succeed".

There is a mod that modifies the scripts on the bondage mittens that gives you the ability to use magic, making them not totally useless in combat.

But I will admit that the escape system for them does need a bit of refinement. But even so, I love using them for magic characters, (especially with that mod I mentioned in the above paragraph,) or just for messing around with doing whatever to my character. Taking them off is a right pain in the ass, but for good reason. It's hard to insert a key into the mitts, especially if you're already gagged, making your mouth useless too.

1 hour ago, HyperonicX said:

There is a mod that modifies the scripts on the bondage mittens that gives you the ability to use magic, making them not totally useless in combat.

Out of curiosity, does someone have the link for this mod and does it seem to function with dd4 still?  I've seen it mentioned before and wouldn't mind trying it.

I personally don't mind the gloves with hardcore mode turned off, with the exception that they tend to show up more often in mods like DCL than their difficulty might suggest.  It might be simply that they are still considered "gloves" by those mods, when gameplay wise they are at least as restrictive as a yoke or armbinder.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Out of curiosity, does someone have the link for this mod and does it seem to function with dd4 still?  I've seen it mentioned before and wouldn't mind trying it.

I personally don't mind the gloves with hardcore mode turned off, with the exception that they tend to show up more often in mods like DCL than their difficulty might suggest.  It might be simply that they are still considered "gloves" by those mods, when gameplay wise they are at least as restrictive as a yoke or armbinder.

I'm fairly sure it's the one donttouchmethere linked.

On 18/12/2017 at 5:16 PM, Reesewow said:

Not sure, but it is pretty harmless to just experiment with it and see how it works for you.  At worst it doesn't work out and you can just build the HDT bra in bodyslide again and disable the option.  I don't use the option myself anymore because it conflicts with other mods I use that cause size changes to breasts (Soul Gem Oven 3 for example would fight with it over control, causing spazzing), and because I'm not a huge fan of chastity bras anyway.  If you aren't using any mods that affect breast size, it may work fine for you.

I think it is likely your only option however, since chastity bras do not replace the body mesh there isn't really a way to "turn off" your hdt body when you wear them.  Even the node management option is just crushing them so that they are too flat to show up when you move.

Just quoting this for context.

I've been playing around with the Breast Node Management stuff, and after creating a custom shaped, non-HDT padded bra, everything works fine.

A question or possibly a request for the developer: is there any way the breast node management functionality could be extended to apply to the nipple piercings, catsuits, zipsuits, and other similar devices included within this mod? DCL likes to sometimes throw everything on you at once, and the game seems to have no problem showing them all at once clipping through each other.

I should probably work out how to use Devices Underneath to hide the nipple piercings whilst wearing a bra, if anyone knows how to do that I'd appreciate some instructions. But I doubt that's the solution for the catsuit issue, since I believe the intention is for both to be visible at the same time.

1 hour ago, amasters said:

I should probably work out how to use Devices Underneath to hide the nipple piercings whilst wearing a bra, if anyone knows how to do that I'd appreciate some instructions.

In the second tab for devices underneath, go to the section for slot 56 and set the first line in it to slot 51. Nipple piercings should now always be hidden when a chastity bra is equipped.

33 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

In the second tab for devices underneath, go to the section for slot 56 and set the first line in it to slot 51. Nipple piercings should now always be hidden when a chastity bra is equipped.

Thanks for that. Works like a charm. Do you happen to know which slot the Rubber Suit uses? I downloaded a couple of mods to show my equipment slots, but none of them can work it out. I figure I'll just have the full body suits hide the bra for now.

11 minutes ago, amasters said:

Thanks for that. Works like a charm. Do you happen to know which slot the Rubber Suit uses? I downloaded a couple of mods to show my equipment slots, but none of them can work it out. I figure I'll just have the full body suits hide the bra for now.

The suits use the main body slot, 32 - which should already be set to hide bras, piercings, corsets and belts according to default settings - but catsuits might work to their own rules. I think I remember Kimy once had them programmed differently in cursed loot so that they wouldn't obey devices underneath settings, and I'm not certain if that's still the case for cursed loot suits or for the ones in DDx.

11 hours ago, amasters said:

It's a bit work, but if you really want to know which slot it's using... check sexlab strip options, it lists all slots and with mouse over tells you if it's occupied any by which item. Never failed me, worsed possibility is "unknown", usually that's hdt hair or something.

On 18/12/2017 at 5:42 PM, amasters said:

I wish I knew the answer to this, because it irks me that steel armor (any armor in fact) bounces around like boobs.

I think there ought to be a way for armors, because if you don't bodyslide them, you get a static non-bouncy armor, but I want to bodyslide them so they aren't all zero-slider settings (I have my UUNP special set to fake 7Base). For some items there is an HDT and a non HDT item, but for CT77 stuff there doesn't seem to be that choice, and for many devices, there seems only an HDT version.

I guess this could be fixed at the skeleton level somehow, but it seems the priority for modders is always making more things bounce, and not less.

Does anybody have insight on a hack for this that doesn't involve a modification to XP32 MSE?

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I wish I knew the answer to this, because it irks me that steel armor (any armor in fact) bounces around like boobs.

I think there ought to be a way for armors, because if you don't bodyslide them, you get a static non-bouncy armor, but I want to bodyslide them so they aren't all zero-slider settings (I have my UUNP special set to fake 7Base). For some items there is an HDT and a non HDT item, but for CT77 stuff there doesn't seem to be that choice, and for many devices, there seems only an HDT version.

I guess this could be fixed at the skeleton level somehow, but it seems the priority for modders is always making more things bounce, and not less.

Does anybody have insight on a hack for this that doesn't involve a modification to XP32 MSE?

My understanding based on what I've learned over the last few days:

If an armor set comes with HDT and non-HDT versions, just build the non-HDT version to eliminate bouncing. It's only a problem with Devious Devices because so many different items can be equipped to look like they're over the breasts at any given time, and you'd have to build the non-HDT versions of every one of them... But you don't actually want to do that, because you *do* want HDT in some circumstances.

For now I'm using Devices Underneath to conceal bouncing things such as nipple piercings whilst a chastity bra is equipped, which just makes sense anyway and should probably be on by default. It's pretty much just the Rubber Suit and similar things that are a problem for me now.

I do feel like a skeleton level fix might be possible, but I'm no expert.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

You can try using a non HDT or TBBP body as a base but it will likely come out with a different shape as they don't use the same sliders most of the time so you may have to make adjustments to get it close to the shape of the HDT items. I am not entirely sure that it will work though, it still may have movement as I have not tried it.