Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

20 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

Don't be sorry... adjust. ;)

Your problem sounds suspiciously like you don't have the actual products of BodySlide working in your game. I'm not sure for NMM because it's been a long time, but for Mod Organizer you have to create a mod of the textures you build in BodySlide and actually activate it. If you're using NMM, it should be a similar process - whatever allows you to add the textures to your load order is the method you use here.

Note: you need your generated files from BodySlide to actually overrite or otherwise replace your base meshes from the files. e.g.: you need BodySlide generated files to replace XXXX.nif, where XXXX.nif is the original file. Meshes and textures disappearing is the hallmark of mods that can't compensate for BodySlide.

Hopefully that helps. :)

black restrictive collar
black restrictive corset
chestity belt padded
chestity bra  padded
cuffs lether arms
cuffs legs   padded
nipple piercing soulgem

and blindfold

then after 5min it said "the blindfold padded is now active" ! 

no I got it wrong :( it was just added but those do not apear :(

18 minutes ago, charfed said:

yes I did that of corse I kow that duh !

well thanks anyway 

it apears that the devious even if the're forced equipped by the master they don't show up until a msg apear "the device is now active !"

You're being arrogant and evasive.

"the master"

You're essentially telling me you have CD enabled. That's a mod I absolutely wouldn't stress test unless I 100% knew what I was doing, and I don't. It's complex, takes very considered edits from its author, and is a very poor indicator of the viability of the new DD items simply because it's not in any way been designed for said changes just yet.

EDIT: That seems a bit aggressive...
1) be very careful about what edits your scripts.
2) be very careful about what you think you know about SL mods. they're generally cutting edge for Skyrim and break most known "laws" of what can and can't be done with mods, so they're somewhat... particular. do what you can to understand those peculiarities as best you can and adjust. ;)

8 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

"the master"

You're essentially telling me you have CD enabled. That's a mod I absolutely wouldn't stress test unless I 100% knew what I was doing, and I don't. It's complex, takes very considered edits from its author, and is a very poor indicator of the viability of the new DD items simply because it's not in any way been designed for said changes just yet.

wait I have this mode is it not compatible ? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2476-all-in-one-hdt-animated-pussy/

Just now, charfed said:

no I'm not evading your advice ;( why would I do that I don't have this dc I'm sorry , cuz I don't undrestand how meshes works and stuff like that :(

Understand it's very difficult to understand what's causing your issues. If meshes and textures are a barrier, look here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6152/?

That's a lot more than you will ever  need, but it should, in parts, absolutely get you an understanding of how the game works from a graphical point of view.

13 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

"the master"

EDIT: That seems a bit aggressive...
1) be very careful about what edits your scripts.
2) be very careful about what you think you know about SL mods. they're generally cutting edge for Skyrim and break most known "laws" of what can and can't be done with mods, so they're somewhat... particular. do what you can to understand those peculiarities as best you can and adjust. ;)

I just don't get it only the head and you know what is showing the devices other than that no handcuffs in legs or hands either ,  bodywear no cups , or collar :( 

:( well sorry to bother you thanks for your help and taking the time to even look at my request I appreciate it :(

6 minutes ago, charfed said:

wait I have this mode is it not compatible ? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2476-all-in-one-hdt-animated-pussy/

That's known as AIO, and... can be incompatible depending upon your chosen HDT mods as well as texture mods. However... I'm still leaning much more toward a failure of BodySlide (user failure, mind you...) or a failure of HDT, which is a tiny possibility. You're 100% not giving me the tell-tale signs that point to other causes.

Sorry, it's a thing. :)

@charfed the problems you're describing do sound very much like what would happen if you haven't built the devious meshes in bodyslide, or something went wrong when you were trying to do so. Devious Devices Assets and Expansion both include some device meshes that don't need to be built, because they will fit almost any character. The rest have to be built using the bodyslide tool or they will not be present in your game at all and will be invisible, with some devices turning your character's body invisible when worn. Also be aware that the description for Devious Devices Assets specifically says in it's "Usage" section that the mod simply needs to be installed and it's ready, while this is incorrect.

To be certain you've done everything you need to with bodyslide I'd suggest having a look through this tutorial:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/71481-tutorial-building-dd-items-in-bodyslide-nmmmo/

3 minutes ago, charfed said:

I just don't get it only the head and you know what is showing the devices other than that no handcuffs in legs or hands either ,  bodywear no cups , or collar :( 

:( well sorry to bother you thanks for your help and taking the time to even look at my request I appreciate it :(

At this point I'd 100% recommend rebuilding your load order from scratch.

Add one mod at a time as well as be certain the attendant BodySlide files are there, then start expanding. 

I realize I have no real credentials to help/persuade people here.

I'll tell you this: I built the shit out of my mods, and relentlessly tested them because I knew I wanted to them to work to potential. I'm not saying trust me, but trust my painful experiences of constant failure when I speak in definitive voice.

30 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

At this point I'd 100% recommend rebuilding your load order from scratch.

Add one mod at a time as well as be certain the attendant BodySlide files are there, then start expanding. 

I realize I have no real credentials to help/persuade people here.

I'll tell you this: I built the shit out of my mods, and relentlessly tested them because I knew I wanted to them to work to potential. I'm not saying trust me, but trust my painful experiences of constant failure when I speak in definitive voice.

yeah man I know how you feel , it seems when I use body slide studio trying to match the preference with the outfits 

when I load the specific outfit the cbbe body chosen in prefence desapears like it's not compatible or something

but others seems to fit right in 

12 minutes ago, charfed said:

yeah man I know how you feel , it seems when I use body slide studio trying to match the preference with the outfits 

when I load the specific outfit the cbbe body chosen in prefence desapears like it's not compatible or something

but others seems to fit right in 

1) Not every BodySlide file, even given the best information, will get you what you want. I've absolutely had to go into Outfit Studio and build them myself. It's a hazard of the system.

2) I'm 100% convinced your generated files aren't being used. Yeah, you might build them, but they're probably just sitting there not being used. Again, not a personal criticism. ;)

31 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

1) Not every BodySlide file, even given the best information, will get you what you want. I've absolutely had to go into Outfit Studio and build them myself. It's a hazard of the system.

2) I'm 100% convinced your generated files aren't being used. Yeah, you might build them, but they're probably just sitting there not being used. Again, not a personal criticism. ;)

no don't worry man I'm all ears for advise ok you said I need to rebuild them ? how I have UUNP bodies so what to do

:( it seems some of the devices works only with ccbe :/

1 hour ago, charfed said:

no don't worry man I'm all ears for advise ok you said I need to rebuild them ? how I have UUNP bodies so what to do

:( it seems some of the devices works only with ccbe :/

No, everything in DD is for both CBBE and UUNP. Maybe this helps?

msg-641640-0-35650800-1508410277_thumb.jpgmsg-641640-0-18192800-1508410419_thumb.jpg

However, that you mentioned the Blindfold causing issues makes me wonder that something else is fundamentally wrong. Blindfolds and gags (and some other items too) don't use Bodyslide but are of a fixed shape instead. These should in any case show up instantaneously even if you have not run Bodyslide for the other items yet. At this point I would attempt to reinstall the mods in NMM/MO, create a new profile and start a new game with a minimal load order (just Skyrim itself, DD and its prerequisites) to see if it works like that.

1. wear a striptease collar and bondage mittens

2. have the 3 head restraint keys in inventory and attempt to unlock the collar

3. get the "success" message (but it's not removed)

4. get the "can't do that with bondage mitten" message

5. lose the 3 head restraint keys

I know in this scenario the collar should not be removed (and it isn't), but I don't think getting the "You successfully removed..." message and the loss of the keys should happen.

Can't decide if it's a DCL clash with DD4.0 or just a basic DD4.0 problem.

8 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

To answer your initial question? Immersion.

Consider this example: I recently made a throwaway playthrough to test a few mods. Usual stuff, i.e.: copy the MO profile, strip down the load order, load character preset, breeze through MCMs, etc. Well, it stuck with me because I ran the "I was attacked and left for dead" LAL start, and it occurred to me that it would make sense if my character had nothing at all to work with. Except I did. It's easy enough to toss everything on the ground, select it piece by piece in console, and type "disable", but my focus was on the new mod to test, so I just unequipped everything and pretended my inventory was empty.

However, I could not shake the knowledge that I had basic food, clothes, etc. if I wanted them. I wasn't going to use them and I wasn't tempted, but they were there and I knew it. It may seem insignificant, but as I do eventually plan to start making mods myself, I've been paying attention to the little things and how they inform the player about their environment. Two people at odds over an MCM setting might not seem a big deal, but if you can please them both at little cost and greater functionality it may well be worth the effort.

And right there in my next paragraph I said "You can't create a more immersive experience by locking a menu. "

Clearly, we disagree.

Here's my point of view.

If you are being "immersive", why are you even opening your MCM? Just don't go there.

Is there a moment, where you open the MCM, and look at all those words and numbers, and see the DD menu is locked, and you go "Wow, it's as if I'm really there?"

Surely you would get more immersion by not going in the menu at all, and simply sticking with quicksaves, quickloads and continues?

I see so many sad mods that think immersion can be achieved by adding some stat you can't see in the game. That's the opposite of immersion. Continually checking those debuffs (or buffs) takes you out of the game. They are sad, because it seems a pity to me that somebody put in all that effort to make something, completely misapprehending the eventual outcome of their effort. Immersion depends on immediacy and direct presentation to the user as part of the direct experience. You are immersed in the world. If you've gone into the MCM, you are sabotaging your own immersion.

You can't find immersion in a menu, or on a red warning on the status menu, with a hover tip saying your magica pool is reduced by 15%.

That said, I don't care if there is a box to lock a menu, as long as it is off by default (and in current DD it is on by default, which is nothing but a vexatious trap for new users). Player Exhibitionist added a box to lock the console too, and labelled it with incredibly bad English, so you couldn't tell whether ticked would lock or not except by trial and error. Such antics do not increase immersion one iota, they are simply aggravating wastes of time.

15 minutes ago, rjn said:

1. wear a striptease collar and bondage mittens

2. have the 3 head restraint keys in inventory and attempt to unlock the collar

3. get the "success" message (but it's not removed)

4. get the "can't do that with bondage mitten" message

5. lose the 3 head restraint keys

I know in this scenario the collar should not be removed (and it isn't), but I don't think getting the "You successfully removed..." message and the loss of the keys should happen.

Can't decide if it's a DCL clash with DD4.0 or just a basic DD4.0 problem.

The striptease collar is from DCL and the public version of that does not work 100% with DD 4.0 as far as I can telll. I had some similar issues on a much older release of DD 4.0. Kimy has said that she will update DCL with the release of DD 4.0  

5 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

No, everything in DD is for both CBBE and UUNP. Maybe this helps?

msg-641640-0-35650800-1508410277_thumb.jpgmsg-641640-0-18192800-1508410419_thumb.jpg

However, that you mentioned the Blindfold causing issues makes me wonder that something else is fundamentally wrong. Blindfolds and gags (and some other items too) don't use Bodyslide but are of a fixed shape instead. These should in any case show up instantaneously even if you have not run Bodyslide for the other items yet. At this point I would attempt to reinstall the mods in NMM/MO, create a new profile and start a new game with a minimal load order (just Skyrim itself, DD and its prerequisites) to see if it works like that.

hey man I've fixed that problem but now there's something else , how can I keep my changes after bodychange like changins skin color doesn't work I save a preset then again when I load the save it goes back to the previous one everytime 

even If I did restart the game over I get the same color skin after a while of play I'm just stuck ... ;( plizz help me thanks for listening to my request

7 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

hey man I've fixed that problem but now there's something else , how can I keep my changes after bodychange like changins skin color doesn't work I save a preset then again when I load the save it goes back to the previous one everytime 

even If I did restart the game over I get the same color skin after a while of play I'm just stuck ... ;( plizz help me thanks for listening to my request

58 minutes ago, charfed said:

Skincolor normaly hasnt much to do with Bodyslide, more with Skintextures, thou i think the topic is getting slowly out of "DD 4.0 Development"..

Some suggestion.

Variant of the third-person view with blindfold.

Sphere and plane equip as armor( In the form of the first person there is no sphere and plane).
The inner surface of sphere is black.
The outer surface of sphere is transparent(Like walls in cave or dungeons. No NiAlphaProperty).
The black plane has a hole along the boundary of the sphere.
This panel has same controller as bonfire.
This controller turning panel to player's camera.

In result. We can see distinctly our heroine. And can not see most piece of surrounding area.

As variant, you can make holes in the sphere and plane.