Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

6 minutes ago, a626943491 said:

Well,for instance,the initial belt acquired in cursed loot LAL add-on start , heavy gag and obsidian equips.It occurred not only in old version save game,but also in newly started game.

Should I reinstall NetImmerse Override and try again?

20171229200152_1.jpg

20171229200222_1.jpg

20171229200352_1.jpg

That is an issue with missing textures not a NIO or mesh problem. Any time items look like that it usually means the textures are missing or in the wrong place.

10 minutes ago, a626943491 said:

Well,for instance,the initial belt acquired in cursed loot LAL add-on start , heavy gag and obsidian equips.It occurred not only in old version save game,but also in newly started game.

Should I reinstall NetImmerse Override and try again?

20171229200152_1.jpg

20171229200222_1.jpg

20171229200352_1.jpg

Hmmm... These textures should be included in Cursed Loot. Could you try reinstalling it?

My game has been wantonly unstable  since I updated to the lastest version of the devious stuff. To the point where the game was freezing and crashing far more than even vanilla skyrim should. I think I nailed it down to either captured dreams (which I did install for the first time after I updated.) or EtaC (which I've always used in oldrim.). I've pulled both and reverted to the prison cell save and will try again today...

I am looking forward to seeing whats new and trying some new settings, but it's not an auspicious start.

Hi, I've been using the latest DD mods with Captured Dreams for many months now and never had any stability issues. Same with ETaC. Actually, I doubt there are any things in DD that could cause crashes unless you overload your game engine by demanding too much from it. DD is quite resilient but, particularly when used with many NPCs, can have a performance impact so tread lightly if your game is heavily modded and don't put every Whiterun NPC into a hobble dress, armbinder, plugs and belt (or whatever).

2 hours ago, Wonko486 said:

I've pulled both and reverted to the prison cell save and will try again today...

That method only works if the prison cell save never had the two mods which you removed in it. Otherwise, the results will be the same as when removing them later in the game. If the mods in question were part of your load order for that "prison cell" save (which really is just another savegame as far as the game is concerned), then you should really start a new game (by pressing the "NEW" button on the main menu). Most mods and the main game itself initialize stuff right at the beginning and that then stays baked into your savegame no matter what.

Also, for further troubleshooting please upload a log and your load order.

Oh, I keep a "clean" save with only the game core (and LAL, obviously.) from just after character creation. While I would lose progress, at least I don't have to remake the character entirely, but usually end up having to stop by the face sculptor at some point to tweak things. Makes it easier to revert and saves me from having to completely wipe and restart... I've done more than enough of that already.

Edit: I was completely off the mark. Seems like a big part of my problem was an old cut of submit. I upgraded for  submit and DD, and much smoother, much cleaner, much more stable. It did freeze when I went to level my character so something is still off, but still better than it was.

We're all very busy with holiday stuff on *shudders* the other side of the screen ^^ I'm finding some time to respond in support threads and collect reported issues but neither me nor Kimy are able to work on mods at the moment. But we are keeping track of bug reports and will start addressing them as soon as we escape the high-security new-year-madness straightjacket n_n

6 minutes ago, Princessity said:

We're all very busy with holiday stuff on *shudders* the other side of the screen ^^ I'm finding some time to respond in support threads and collect reported issues but neither me nor Kimy are able to work on mods at the moment. But we are keeping track of bug reports and will start addressing them as soon we escape the high-security new-year-madness straightjacket n_n

Maybe get yourself a nice and cozy dungeon. Put that other-side-of-the-screen in that lovely spot and tell them "now, be nice, behave, or else ....". Leave the chest with some devices open, lock close the door and enjoy the sudden peace  :classic_rolleyes:

On 12/30/2017 at 10:45 AM, El_Duderino said:

Also, for further troubleshooting please upload a log and your load order.

[12/23/2017 - 08:57:42AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:42AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:42AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 153600 (max total)
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:44AM] Cannot open store for class "DLC1TestPhilAtronach", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "ddunequiphandlerscript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "ddunequipmcmscript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "PF__0201313D", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Error: Unable to bind script PF__0201313D to  (0A01313D) because their base types do not match
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "PF__02014174", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Error: Unable to bind script PF__02014174 to  (0A014174) because their base types do not match
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "wispCoreScript_lyu", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_ArmorHolderScript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_Weapon_Script", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_SoulGem_Script", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_MiscObject_Script", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_MiraakScript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:48AM] Cannot open store for class "BYOWForgeScript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:48AM] Error: Unable to bind script BYOWForgeScript to  (2E0012CA) because their base types do not match
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:53AM] VM is freezing...
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:53AM] VM is frozen
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:54AM] Log closed

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1
Falskaar.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=1
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
Legendary Skyrim Crossbows.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp=1
Immersive Patrols II.esp=1
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp=1
portal2mod.esp=1
DudestiaMultiMarriages.esp=1
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp=1
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp=1
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1
ArgonianFins.esp=1
ArgonianTints.esp=1
Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp=1
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
FNISSexyMove.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorPatch.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
Glowing Vampire Eyes.esp=1
Glowing Eyes.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Book of UUNP - Textures.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Devious Devices - BRRF.esp=1
DD - Interactions.esp=1
DD - BRRF_Patch - Cursed Loot.esp=1
DeviouslyHelpless.esp=1
CD - Female Embassy Guards.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
mslDeviousCaptures.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1
Babette.esp=0

I read the papyrus log, and I seem to understand that it's VM freezing... but I couldn't tell you what VM is after examining my mods and load order.

11 hours ago, Princessity said:

We're all very busy with holiday stuff on *shudders* the other side of the screen ^^ I'm finding some time to respond in support threads and collect reported issues but neither me nor Kimy are able to work on mods at the moment. But we are keeping track of bug reports and will start addressing them as soon as we escape the high-security new-year-madness straightjacket n_n

Ah, ok. It's usually the other way around for me, I'm too busy during most of the year to work on my own projects, and the holiday season is the only time where I can get some serious progress done.

Okay, turns out a new years eve spent at home (thank you 10 minute exposure time!) is good for something. I wiped, reinstalled and tripled checked all my mods and requirements. Seems like my problem WAS... captured dreams. But it was entirely my fault, I had the new version and old versions installed together as I had not properly read the install instructions.

I think this years resolutions will include "read more thoroughly".

Before I start delving into individual scripts, is there a reason I should be aware of why ALL of my custom device events fail to register with DDi 4.0?

They used to work fine in DDi 3.0 after a call to 'SendModEvent("zadRegisterEvents")'.

Now they are just ignored by the mod event and not present in the final registry.

45 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Before I start delving into individual scripts, is there a reason I should be aware of why ALL of my custom device events fail to register with DDi 4.0?

They used to work fine in DDi 3.0 after a call to 'SendModEvent("zadRegisterEvents")'.

Now they are just ignored by the mod event and not present in the final registry.

What do you mean by "fail"?

Are you actually getting warnings in your papyrus log that they failed to register or nothing at all?

The last time anyone changed anything about the Event system was 7 months ago and we haven't touched it since then. It was... actually a merge from you. This one: 65cdd101c642e36319d296b087403fce387e9ba8 (compiled by Kimy in 908e1e68e4c0187e010bd29929bf411080d9a8c3)

25 minutes ago, Princessity said:

What do you mean by "fail"?

Are you actually getting warnings in your papyrus log that they failed to register or nothing at all?

The last time anyone changed anything about the Event system was 7 months ago and we haven't touched it since then. It was... actually a merge from you. This one: 65cdd101c642e36319d296b087403fce387e9ba8 (compiled by Kimy in 908e1e68e4c0187e010bd29929bf411080d9a8c3)

I remember that change and it was enough to make it work at the time, but something else happened since apparently.

I can see the custom events registered and loaded in my logs on game load, but they are immediately replaced by a reset of the event slot registry and a call to 'zadEventSlots::Maintenance()', which eliminates new events.

I will keep digging and figure out why DD wants to reset the event slot registry on each game load.

Edit: Turns out the issue is the check for None in the Initialize function of zadEventSlots. It should be looking for "" instead.

Function Initialize()
    If (Registry.Find("") <= 0) ; SkyrimLL - Disable if already initialized

I will change the code and request a merge.

1 hour ago, skyrimll said:

I remember that change and it was enough to make it work at the time, but something else happened since apparently.

I can see the custom events registered and loaded in my logs on game load, but they are immediately replaced by a reset of the event slot registry and a call to 'zadEventSlots::Maintenance()', which eliminates new events.

I will keep digging and figure out why DD wants to reset the event slot registry on each game load.

Edit: Turns out the issue is the check for None in the Initialize function of zadEventSlots. It should be looking for "" instead.

Function Initialize()
    If (Registry.Find("") <= 0) ; SkyrimLL - Disable if already initialized

I will change the code and request a merge.

Wait! Apparently your change was breaking something else, here: cab989e53fd8e357242271fff78225cc03c51bfd

So maybe let's wait on Kimy. I'm not sure what's going on anymore ?_?

Potential bug report.

I have a player character wearing a 'CuffsFront' device (Heretic Wrist Irons from DDx).

When I use 'kwDeviceKeyword: [Keyword <zad_DeviousCuffsFront (18063AD9)>]', I can check the player is indeed wearing that keyword ('if PlayerActor.WornHasKeyword(kwDeviceKeyword)' checks out).

And yet, when I try to retrieve the worn device with this:

aWornDevice = libs.GetWornDevice(PlayerActor, kwDeviceKeyword) as Armor

aWornDevice is None and I cannot remove the device.

Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

6 hours ago, skyrimll said:

Potential bug report.

I have a player character wearing a 'CuffsFront' device (Heretic Wrist Irons from DDx).

When I use 'kwDeviceKeyword: [Keyword <zad_DeviousCuffsFront (18063AD9)>]', I can check the player is indeed wearing that keyword ('if PlayerActor.WornHasKeyword(kwDeviceKeyword)' checks out).

Check for heavy bondage, if it is there then that is likely the keyword you need to use in equipping / unequipping the device. From what I understand pretty much any device that binds the hands of the player is classified under that keyword.

8 hours ago, skyrimll said:

Potential bug report.

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Check for heavy bondage, if it is there then that is likely the keyword you need to use in equipping / unequipping the device. From what I understand pretty much any device that binds the hands of the player is classified under that keyword.

Another option that I think should work is to use libs.GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch, though I think using the heavybondage keyword could be better in this case.

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

That issue again?

I understand why that decision has been made but it sure makes things harder on this end to have to think about treating wrist restraint type devices differently from the rest.

Thanks.. I will make the changes.

3 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Another option that I think should work is to use libs.GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch, though I think using the heavybondage keyword could be better in this case.

That gets you the rendered device but there is no command to look up an inventory item using the rendered device. It is fine if you want to get the rendered device to look up keywords on it or other things but useless as a starting point to remove an item.

If you want to remove any sort of device there are 4 steps to get all the info and remove it but it takes some work:

1 - WornHasKeyword(actor, keyword) - you look for a specific keyword on the player. Since the HeavyBondage items also have an identifier keyword as to what it is if you find the identifier keyword  then you know it uses HeavyBondage. Of course you can always just look for HeavyBondage and if it is there then you know their hands are bound.

2 - GetWornDevice(actor, keyword) - this gives the inventory item which you can then feed into...

3 - GetRenderedDevice(armor) - this will give you the rendered device.

4 - <rendered device>.haskeyword(questitem) to check if it is a quest item, if so you can stop the process or switch to the command to remove a quest item.

This is basically the process I use in my device removal function, I tell it the item keyword and actor and everything else gets looked up. I have one function for non quest items and one for quest items though it looks for my own custom quest item keywords as I have them for each device type. If the rendered item doesn't have it and is a quest item then it aborts the removal.