Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the SE instead of the development discussion.

First let me say that the Devious mods are what I enjoy most about Skyrim.  They are AWESOME!  Hoping to see Aradia devices ported to SE sometime soon so that I can select them in DCL.

After finally getting Treasure Hunter Whore (THW) to work with SE, I wanted to make a suggestion on a set of items that would be extraordinarily devious and I think would really emphasize the "damsel in distress" concept.  The items that I would like to suggest would be locking clitoral piercings, locking anal plugs, and locking ball gags that inject Skooma or other drugs from Skooma Whore into the wearer.  The piercing is already in THW but as soon as you retrieve the "trinket" the effect stops.  These items would inject a random drug into the wearer, say every 4 to 6 game hours, for as long as they are worn.  I think it would increase the urgency to get the device removed if you are trying not only to escape so that you can defend yourself but also to avoid becoming addicted.  Also, with the option active to disable fast travel while bound, it makes the journey to find keys or get help much more urgent and eventful.

3 hours ago, Skullered said:

@Kimy

For Him update... again.

-Forwarded PermitAnal and PermitVaginal keywords from DD 5.1 on straitjackets.

Devious Devices For Him.esp 777.91 kB · 1 download

Not sure if this would allow me to place keywords on vaginal and anal devices so they would randomly inject Skooma Whore drugs.  Would it only be when wearing a straightjacket?  Also, I have absolutely no idea how to assign keywords.  Lastly, where can I get the DD 5.1 update for SE?  I'm currently running DD 5.0.7 for SE.

14 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the SE instead of the development discussion.

First let me say that the Devious mods are what I enjoy most about Skyrim.  They are AWESOME!  Hoping to see Aradia devices ported to SE sometime soon so that I can select them in DCL.

Seconded, those devices are really quite nice.

Hi all,

Here's a little Not-a-bug-report for Contraptions:

Currently, most of the furniture devices are set to unequip both HeavyRestraints and HobbleSkirt keyworded devices. However, after sampling probably all of the contraptions in-game, I've found that the animations on many of them perfectly fit even the strict hobble dresses, so I guess the dress could very well be kept on the char who is bound in those contraptions. I've observed this with the wall shackles, most of the poles, and the pillory -- though I can't say for sure if I've witnessed all of the animations that might be attached to them.

My thinking here is quite simple really: contraptions = sexy! hobble dresses = sexy! Ergo contraptions + hobble dresses = 2 * sexy! It's very simple maths. :D

Hi there,

here is another feature suggestion: Currently the corsets behave like all other Bodyslide items, follow the bodyshape on the wearer correctly. However the function of the corset is quite different, it is supposed to change the bodyshape.

It would be nice if corsets could be tightened and modify the proper bodyshape areas, making the waist of the character visually smaller. The tighter corsets could also add more debuff.

The Devious Training mod already done this, so there is a working example.

Peace,

M

2 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hi there,

here is another feature suggestion: Currently the corsets behave like all other Bodyslide items, follow the bodyshape on the wearer correctly. However the function of the corset is quite different, it is supposed to change the bodyshape.

It would be nice if corsets could be tightened and modify the proper bodyshape areas, making the waist of the character visually smaller. The tighter corsets could also add more debuff.

The Devious Training mod already done this, so there is a working example.

Peace,

M

Have a look to my signature and you will find what you seek :)

2 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Looks nice, however I don't play on LE any more. Any plans for SE version maybe?

It looks like a few meshes and some scripts. The scripts don't contain version checks for nioverride (racemenu), so they don't need updated for SE. Run it through CAO and you should be good to go.

I doubt you will really address this issue, but I have to report it anyway. Plugs and piercings simply don't use the framework the way they should (or at least what seems to me like the way they should). Instead of filling EquipConflictingDevices and UnEquipConflictingDevices to interact with chastity devices, they implement it via checks in their own scipts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to find the .hkx files DD uses for its pet suit animations. I'd like to work off that as a base for some furniture animations for a rubber facility by Prime/Serah.

I've tried to look around in the DD folders, scripts etc but so far I just cant figure out which .hkxes  are relevant.

Any help or pointers to where I can find the info?

4 hours ago, OpheliaComplex said:

I'd like to find the .hkx files DD uses for its pet suit animations. I'd like to work off that as a base for some furniture animations for a rubber facility by Prime/Serah.

I've tried to look around in the DD folders, scripts etc but so far I just cant figure out which .hkxes  are relevant.

Any help or pointers to where I can find the info?

Everything in the meshes\actors\character\animations\DD3 folder.

Behavior file is FNIS_DD3_Behavior.hkx

They're used in zadBoundCombatScript.psc, search "pon"

Edit: My mistake, I hastily checked before posting this. As stated in the next post, these are the ponygirl animations.

2 hours ago, Hylysi said:

Everything in the meshes\actors\character\animations\DD3 folder.

Behavior file is FNIS_DD3_Behavior.hkx

They're used in zadBoundCombatScript.psc, search "pon"

Thanks for the reply, however...

I've gone through from pon0 to pon6_mt_idle as well as pon0 to pon6_mt_walkforward

All of these are ponygirl animations unless I messed up and missed the exact one with the petsuit animation.

I mean the animation where the PC crawls on elbows/knees.

Are those really in there?

Looking at the old (deprecated) DD github, a commit (this commit) seem to hint at it being the animations\DD\abc5_mt_... hkxes, but those are armbinder animations

I'm still lost :(

On 1/24/2021 at 11:23 AM, dridikus said:

Waves all. I got a problem that i noticed since version 5.0 and in 5.1 it remains. It touches the clipping part of the transparent restrictie boots (what it looks like in the screenshot. body used UUNP) If anyone came across this i would be glad to get some advice on what to do about it.

20210124185911_1.jpg

I am having the same issue as dridikus, just the transparent restrictive boots seam to be bugged...all the other boots are fine, just these have missing lower leg. I'm using UUNP 7B Natural body, I ran batch build with morphs ticked, and also tried building the boots separate in bodyslide but it didn't help. Does anyone have an easy fix for these?, they are my favorite boots. 

@DD Team....Also just wondering why there were no transparent restrictive gloves to complete the set like the black, red, and white sets have ?

DD Boots01.jpg

DD Boots02.jpg

@dridikus @Jehuty599  As i said before, you have built body differently than the boots. The skin you see clipping through boots is from the armor you are wearing in chest slot. Or if you are not wearing anything then it's from the base body. In fact it will clip differently if you build each piece of chest armor with different sliders.

For example these screenshots i took after building only the main body in Bodyslide with custom thick sliders for thighs and knees:

Spoiler

transparent_boots.jpg.25aa88907f2a11a4f3c49045e5d06deb.jpg

So the chances are you already built the boots correctly, but you made a mistake with the body or some armor you are wearing. Maybe you are mistakenly moving files after closing Bodyslide, rearranging install order in mod manager or something else... Maybe with MO2 you are already auto-outputting Bodyslide into a mod, but you have another mod overriding it with higher priority.

Basically the auto-output folders should be at the bottom of the mod list, with highest priority. Same with Bodyslide mod which contains the body meshes.

4 hours ago, Zaflis said:

@dridikus @Jehuty599  As i said before, you have built body differently than the boots. The skin you see clipping through boots is from the armor you are wearing in chest slot. Or if you are not wearing anything then it's from the base body. In fact it will clip differently if you build each piece of chest armor with different sliders.

For example these screenshots i took after building only the main body in Bodyslide with custom thick sliders for thighs and knees:

Hide contents

transparent_boots.jpg.25aa88907f2a11a4f3c49045e5d06deb.jpg

So the chances are you already built the boots correctly, but you made a mistake with the body or some armor you are wearing. Maybe you are mistakenly moving files after closing Bodyslide, rearranging install order in mod manager or something else... Maybe with MO2 you are already auto-outputting Bodyslide into a mod, but you have another mod overriding it with higher priority.

Basically the auto-output folders should be at the bottom of the mod list, with highest priority. Same with Bodyslide mod which contains the body meshes.

I don't think it's anything I'm doing wrong in bodyslide, and when I took those pictures my character was completely naked except for the boots. And how is it that all the other boots work perfectly fine except the transparent ones. If I made a mistake batch building, wouldn't the other sets of the exact same model boot have the same issues?...but from my pics you can see they do not.

I don't use MO2, I use NMM, and I haven't been moving files around or rearranging load order or anything like that. I build my UUNP body using UUNP special...body, hands and feet, with the 7B Natural Preset. I then select DD framework UUNP from the group filter, then batch build with morphs checked with no errors. I have no issues with any other DD items, everything fits perfect, all my other armors fit perfect...I always build with the same body and preset. I know what you're saying about clipping, and I can also recreate that kind of clipping, but it's not that. It's like the boots were made in three separate pieces...top, middle and bottom, and when equipped the middle piece doesn't show.

I've seen a similar issue when wearing this particular model restrictive boot and trying to equip ankle chains, the top half of the boot would disappear making the boots look like knee highs right at the same seem, except it's the middle that's not showing instead of the top. 

DD Boots03.jpg

On 3/14/2021 at 2:05 AM, Jehuty599 said:

I don't think it's anything I'm doing wrong in bodyslide, and when I took those pictures my character was completely naked except for the boots.

I think you're right. Looks like there may be a mismatch between the transparent boots' .nif and .esm body slots. I originally created the transparent version long ago (too long to remember what exactly I did) and I think they worked okay back then.

Have there been any slot changes with the boots lately (in the .nifs or in the ArmorAddons?) There's a good chance that the transparent boots just slipped through a crack there and haven't received the same update. That would be my guess anyway.

/Edit: The missing section in your screenshot probably matches what should be the calves slot.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:49 PM, Kimy said:

I wouldn't remotely know how to do that and what kind of resources would be required. Since the DD team these days consists of me...and...well...me, and I have zero clue about these things, there is nobody that can and wants to tackle an endeavor like that, particularly not if it (presumably) involves touching every single model in DD. Generally, my stance regarding supporting new body mods other than CBBE and UUNP is that it's not going to happen unless there are dramatic changes in the popularity of body mods. I don't know the current situation, particularly not SE-side (I have no SE installation), but unless a new body took over at least 1/3 of the market, I'd not even think about supporting it.

@Kimy, just revisiting this conversation.

3BBB (both variants of it) are about at half of UNP's popularity in SE, and about a third of CBBE SE's popularity in regards to downloads. Regardless of the variant, the 3BBB body is just a version of CBBE SE that only needs re-weighted for breasts and the vagina/anus (only where visible for the last). Since the 3BBB variants (CBBE 3BA and CBBE SMP) use the same bodyslides, I've been counting them together.

CBBE SE == 1,305,858 unique / 4,192,568 total
UNP SE == 942,814 unique / 2,739,139 total
3BBB (CBBE 3BA) == 224,595 unique / 530,559 total
CBBE SMP (3BBB) == 176,300 unique / 312,718 total
BHUNP == 76,136 unique / 173,380 total
TBD == 126,636 unique / 247,721 total

May I start cleaning up and updating the 3bbb conversions for DD and DCL to add into the next versions?

I'm just asking about bodyslide support here, not for adding bodymorph support in scripts to the nioverride bones already in use as asked before.

Edit: I had some wrong numbers, I fixed them. I was looking at the views, not downloads on some, sorry. Still it maybe worth noting that 3BBB requires CBBE SE to be installed, so I don't think we can ever see the numbers replace or approach the original numbers.

so just finished DCL9 quest arc and it's awesome. Genuinely feels like a super clean addition to the skyrim world not just some extra quests and a shop glued onto the universe and i cannot stress enough how much praise you all deserve for making it! ❤️

(but and i have no idea how to implement any of this because i'm not a big-brain. however not knowing what i'm talking about has never stopped me opening my mouth before)

the two parts of the quest arc that felt kinda janky were courier in chains carriage use and learning the ropes final test struggle spam both of which were caused by more global DD limitations:

CIC - if you complete chloe right off the bat you won't have fast travel unlocked for like 90% of the locations so you're going to be using carriages; however even without looting too hard the "cost" of carriages is negligible. So it'd be cool if there was some sort of cost to use carriages while in bondage to prevent them trivialising bound gameplay while still allowing players to use them. not 100% what i had in mind for this but something along the lines of "you cant reach your gold with your hands bound to pay your medieval uber. offer to pay by... oral/vaginal/anal/dance/lick boot/fuck horse/whatever perverted degrading thing"

LTR - struggle spam, it's a thing. I guess i got unlucky with that final test step because i sat there hammering those buttons in order to the point where they lost all meaning and i had completely forgotten what they meant. "I" as in the player didn't feel like i was actually struggling or trying to pick the lock, i was just opening and closing a popup i stopped reading like 5 minutes ago. well aware this one is a massive ask because it's pretty integral to how DD works but struggling should have a minigame and lock picking should use the vanilla lock minigame, same for cutting device and there should be a reason to use one over the other. eg.

• struggle - guitar hero style "up up up down left right a b" or similar challenge where you either get out or don't.
  • pick - use vanilla minigame and chance to jam lock by breaking pick in it, however gets easier with lock picking perks.
  • cut - slower than struggle but simpler so insert generic stop the dial in the green bit minigame.

well aware that's a complete shitshow of custom UI elements and scripts but figured it was worth opening/re-opening the conversation since the devious universe is looking so polished at the moment!

1 hour ago, green365 said:

global DD limitations:

CIC - if you complete chloe right off the bat you won't have fast travel unlocked for like 90% of the locations so you're going to be using carriages; however even without looting too hard the "cost" of carriages is negligible. So it'd be cool if there was some sort of cost to use carriages while in bondage to prevent them trivialising bound gameplay while still allowing players to use them. not 100% what i had in mind for this but something along the lines of "you cant reach your gold with your hands bound to pay your medieval uber. offer to pay by... oral/vaginal/anal/dance/lick boot/fuck horse/whatever perverted degrading thing"

LTR - struggle spam, it's a thing. I guess i got unlucky with that final test step because i sat there hammering those buttons in order to the point where they lost all meaning and i had completely forgotten what they meant. "I" as in the player didn't feel like i was actually struggling or trying to pick the lock, i was just opening and closing a popup i stopped reading like 5 minutes ago. well aware this one is a massive ask because it's pretty integral to how DD works but struggling should have a minigame and lock picking should use the vanilla lock minigame, same for cutting device and there should be a reason to use one over the other. eg.

First one is semi-solved by mod Devious Carriages. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/164064-devious-carriages-continued/

Second is DD Escape Overhaul https://www.loverslab.com/topic/160130-devious-devices-escape-overhaul/

I know it's difficult to find these because the mod threads are created where they're not supposed to be. DD is derivative of SL, and so all DD mods are SL mods, not just Adult mods. But moderators don't care so... we are left off having to read 2 forums sections for same thing.

On 3/16/2021 at 6:53 AM, El_Duderino said:

I think you're right. Looks like there may be a mismatch between the transparent boots' .nif and .esm body slots. I originally created the transparent version long ago (too long to remember what exactly I did) and I think they worked okay back then.

Have there been any slot changes with the boots lately (in the .nifs or in the ArmorAddons?) There's a good chance that the transparent boots just slipped through a crack there and haven't received the same update. That would be my guess anyway.

/Edit: The missing section in your screenshot probably matches what should be the calves slot.

Great job on creating those boots, they're one of my favorites, I use them on every playthrough...which is why it's a real bummer for me that they're bugged. I was just browsing this thread and notice dridikus's post about this issue, and I thought I'd check my game, and sure enough I have the same problem. They were working great before I updated to DD 5.1, so hopefully someone can fix them for the next update, I would try myself, but I have no clue how to do it. Maybe if I get desperate enough I'll try playing around with TES5edit, and Nifscope....would it just be a matter of changing a few values in the .esm to match what's in the .nif , and then saving the .esm?

21 hours ago, Zaflis said:

First one is semi-solved by mod Devious Carriages. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/164064-devious-carriages-continued/

Second is DD Escape Overhaul https://www.loverslab.com/topic/160130-devious-devices-escape-overhaul/

I know it's difficult to find these because the mod threads are created where they're not supposed to be. DD is derivative of SL, and so all DD mods are SL mods, not just Adult mods. But moderators don't care so... we are left off having to read 2 forums sections for same thing.

I just feel like both of those mods are things that should be part of the core DD experience, although that's probably my naivety when it comes to how this forum works but has anyone asked shakx88 if they'd be cool with having their overhaul bundled into an MCM tab? 

I know theres a bunch of politics involved when it comes to credit with mods since nobody is getting paid but (and it would be interesting to know if i'm alone here and speaking out my ass) surely the paradigm would be that as many of these core mechanics are managed as part of the DD framework as possible? Honestly it'd be interesting to poll DD users and see how many are using DD standalone vs how many use the various add ons and overhauls and then reach out to the authors of the most popular ones and at least explore the possibility of actually integrating them in DD?

but i'm stepping on peoples toes at this point... not 100% sure who's, probably kimys? sorry to whoever :)

• 2 weeks later...

After disabling ZAZ in my loadorder I found the HR_HarnessBoots01HDT and HR_HarnessBoots02HDT NIF's are broken.

After some investigation I found that they still require the HDT XML's from the ZAZ data file. The HR_HarnessGlovesHDT seem to point to the right location. (meshes\devious\Zaz)

Capture.JPG.214a5eb630ba0e7b357b7e77ef3db8af.JPG

I've added the required files for those who need them until the files are NIF (and bodyslide NIF) modified

ZaZ HDT for DD.7z