Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Without an animator making me that AA set, I can't put it in, unfortunately. Even when I'd really like to get a boxbinder pose in.

You could put it in as a straitjacket, until an animator shows up! ?

?

3 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

You could put it in as a straitjacket, until an animator shows up! ?

?

Doesn't work like that, unfortunately. Armbinders are not completely encasing the arms, so they can't just be temporarily made invisible, which is what the straitjacket does.

11 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Doesn't work like that, unfortunately. Armbinders are not completely encasing the arms, so they can't just be temporarily made invisible, which is what the straitjacket does.

Are you sure the straitjacket route is not possible? There are no arms or hands visible while wearing the binder. If you can "recycle" the straitjacket AA that is.

Capture.JPG.0c55e1c92a73e1e3390ddb3ab1ea5ea0.JPG Capture2.JPG.5735b6916cb5f971db9ce124970002fe.JPG

57 minutes ago, Kimy said:

44 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Are you sure the straitjacket route is not possible? There are no arms or hands visible while wearing the binder. If you can "recycle" the straitjacket AA that is.

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.0c55e1c92a73e1e3390ddb3ab1ea5ea0.JPGCapture2.JPG.5735b6916cb5f971db9ce124970002fe.JPG

Yeah, that's why I suggested it. ?

If I remember correctly, none of the models from that mod uses animations, so they can be used like normal pieces of armor.

The majority of "creative" mod outfits around uses as the main body a partially deleted base shape to avoid clipping:

for example, an outfit using stockings would have its body deleted from tights down, mainly to avoid knee clipping in animations.

This way you won't need need an animation for the arms, because there are no arms! ?

(I'm sure you knew already, but in case you didn't ?)

?

ps: Anyway, I'm sure I saw a boxbinding animation somewhere, maybe in the zaz animations pack? Or maybe in SD+? I think it was using the vanilla leather cuffs.

22 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

The majority of "creative" mod outfits around uses as the main body a partially deleted base shape to avoid clipping:

for example, an outfit using stockings would have its body deleted from tights down, mainly to avoid knee clipping in animations.

Another example:

recently I made a BS conversion for the Rubber Resources mod. ?

It uses a transparent version of the catsuit, but the original didn't have a body beneath at all! ?

So I had to inflate it here and there, using tools and sliders, to make room for a body shape inside it. ?

But I totally understand why the original author did that: it was the best way to make sure there wouldn't be any clipping issue (except for neck, wrists and ankles ?, but fixing that, for DD and RR, is on my list of things to do ?).

?

On 1/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, Kimy said:

Without an animator making me that AA set, I can't put it in, unfortunately. Even when I'd really like to get a boxbinder pose in.

I did! It's on the to-do list!

On 1/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, Kimy said:

Oh wow, you guys are right! There is really no portion of the arm visible when wearing the boxbinder.

In it will go! :)

Please note that this is the same way for the other ones in this mod and the expansions as well:

20200520112842_1.jpg.32ebff9dad92b47d83f1fde14f543752.jpg

The arms behind the bakc are not a pose.... they are part of the body.  It occupies the hand slot as well so that doesnt appear.

Hi everyone, ?

I noticed that, when equipping any restrictive boots with a catsuit, boots' calves use to disappear:

Spoiler

528955385_enb2021_01_1110_28_33_23.jpg.3fb511450b5eac59899dc4261035ac1d.jpg

So I checked the nif, and I found that boots had too many partitions: probably it was done on purpose, to give the effect that the boots were being worn under the catsuit, but that wouldn't explain why the tights part is visible...

I deleted the exceeding ones in OS and this is the result:

Spoiler

1813217686_enb2021_01_1110_21_55_56.jpg.42c5bf28a888140d88debc76b7d72d5f.jpg

If you wanted to test them, to see if everything is fine, I'd be really grateful ?

Fixed Restrictive Boots.7z

1 hour ago, Racoonity said:

Hi everyone, ?

I noticed that, when equipping any restrictive boots with a catsuit, boots' calves use to disappear:

So I checked the nif, and I found that boots had too many partitions: probably it was done on purpose, to give the effect that the boots were being worn under the catsuit, but that wouldn't explain why the tights part is visible...

If you wanted to test them, to see if everything is fine, I'd be really grateful ?

With those partitions removed the boots will now clip heavily with hobble dresses, hobble straitjackets and clothing and armor. The partitions were there to help prevent such clipping, it had nothing to do with the catsuit as they were added to the framework well after the boots IIRC.

10 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

With those partitions removed the boots will now clip heavily with hobble dresses, hobble straitjackets and clothing and armor. The partitions were there to help prevent such clipping, it had nothing to do with the catsuit as they were added to the framework well after the boots IIRC.

Got it, thanks! ?

Just to clarify, I never intended this as a total replacement for everyone, but as a taste based replacement: I don't care much about that kind of clipping, but I know someone else does. ?

58 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

Got it, thanks! ?

Just to clarify, I never intended this as a total replacement for everyone, but as a taste based replacement: I don't care much about that kind of clipping, but I know someone else does. ?

Fair enough, just to note I wasn't trying to call you out or anything.

I may have a solution, though. It's something I tested before with earlier versions of the framework but couldn't get it to work, I tried again with the beta build and seems to work now. In the Armor Addon section of the CK there's a "Priority" setting. From my understanding the Priority setting tells the engine to favor displaying an article of clothing over another if their priority is set higher.

The restrictive boots have a lower Priority than the catsuit as it is now, I gave the boots a slightly higher priority and now they appear to display properly with catsuits without messing with partitions or biped slots. Also changed the priority of pony boots since they had the same issue. Because of the change to the boots I also had to change to priority settings for hobble dresses and straitjackets so they hide the proper partitions of restrictive boots to prevent clipping.

Appears to work but there could be unforeseen issues with other devices. Here's a patch if anyone wants to test, may need to remove any devices you're currently wearing and try putting them back on. If all is well with the priority changes then perhaps Kimy can merge them in to the framework.

AAPriorityTestPatch.esp

41 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I may have a solution, though. It's something I tested before with earlier versions of the framework but couldn't get it to work, I tried again with the beta build and seems to work now. In the Armor Addon section of the CK there's a "Priority" setting. From my understanding the Priority setting tells the engine to favor displaying an article of clothing over another if their priority is set higher.

The restrictive boots have a lower Priority than the catsuit as it is now, I gave the boots a slightly higher priority and now they appear to display properly with catsuits without messing with partitions or biped slots. Also changed the priority of pony boots since they had the same issue. Because of the change to the boots I also had to change to priority settings for hobble dresses and straitjackets so they hide the proper partitions of restrictive boots to prevent clipping.

Appears to work but there could be unforeseen issues with other devices. Here's a patch if anyone wants to test, may need to remove any devices you're currently wearing and try putting them back on. If all is well with the priority changes then perhaps Kimy can merge them in to the framework.

AAPriorityTestPatch.esp 72.32 kB · 1 download

This is awesome and definitely a better solution than mine!! ?

22 hours ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

[NIND] DD Armbinders 0.9b.zip 938.11 kB · 5 downloads

Can someone with CBBE try this bodyslide for the EboniteElbowBinders to make sure it works on their preset too?
image.png.4c505996e38ac99b1f217268339613fa.png

It looks good on mine, but I want to check before I do the others or add in the UUNP sliders.

I'll go ahead and add the UUNP sliders tonight for both binders and submit for merging @Kimy

20 hours ago, Racoonity said:

Hi everyone, ?

Reveal hidden contents

528955385_enb2021_01_1110_28_33_23.jpg.3fb511450b5eac59899dc4261035ac1d.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

1813217686_enb2021_01_1110_21_55_56.jpg.42c5bf28a888140d88debc76b7d72d5f.jpg

Fixed Restrictive Boots.7z 3.56 MB · 12 downloads

17 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

AAPriorityTestPatch.esp 72.32 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks! I tested it, and it seems to work. ?

I set already all catsuit straitjackets to use priority 5 or less (restrictive boots use p6). ?

I'm writing down a priority list: if anyone finds a conflict like this, tell me please, so I can add it there. ?