Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

This will be sooner rather than later!

Is this "Zara should get off her ass now and make sure all the SE bodyslide fixes are merged and waiting for the conversion" soon?

Or "Zara can continue procrastinating til the end of the year soon?" :D

Don't really need an answer, since I'm waiting for the release to see what outfit files from were actually added. Just idle curiosity. :)

12 hours ago, Kimy said:

You will need to add the elbowbinder to the allowed devices formlist in the wooden horse's script properties.

Thank you. Sorry that I'm feeling rather daft right now. By the wooden horse's script do you mean zadcFurnitureScript in zadc_WoodenHorse (activator, ID xx006963, in DD - contraptions.esm)? I unfortunately couldn't find the allowed devices formlist. I've attached the script found in my installation. By the way, my contraptions.esm only contains one formID list, i.e., zadc_CellFurnitureList, which I presume is not the one we want. I'm using DD 5.1.0 (which I presume is the up-to-date version). I downloaded and looked at DCL (version 9.0.0) but it didn't seem like it overrides the furniture. Is it possible I'm missing a patch or mod, or am I looking at the wrong script entirely? (Or I'm daft?) Once again thank you for your patience. Good day!

zadcFurnitureScript.psc

16 minutes ago, sebakax173 said:

Thank you. Sorry that I'm feeling rather daft right now. By the wooden horse's script do you mean zadcFurnitureScript in zadc_WoodenHorse (activator, ID xx006963, in DD - contraptions.esm)? I unfortunately couldn't find the allowed devices formlist. I've attached the script found in my installation. By the way, my contraptions.esm only contains one formID list, i.e., zadc_CellFurnitureList, which I presume is not the one we want. I'm using DD 5.1.0 (which I presume is the up-to-date version). I downloaded and looked at DCL (version 9.0.0) but it didn't seem like it overrides the furniture. Is it possible I'm missing a patch or mod, or am I looking at the wrong script entirely? (Or I'm daft?) Once again thank you for your patience. Good day!

zadcFurnitureScript.psc 56.53 kB · 2 downloads

If I'm correct, there are two cases possible:

1) The actor already is wearing an elbowbinder when getting locked on the Wooden Horse. In that case those two lines (l 33-34) are important

Bool Property HideAllDevices = False Auto				; If set to true, the code will hide -all- DD restraints while the actor is using the devices. For more fine control, use InvalidDevices.
Keyword[] Property InvalidDevices Auto					; List of keywords of DD restraint types that cannot be worn while using this furniture device. The code will hide these items in a quest-safe way.

Keep the bool false and do not fill InvalidDevices with the armbinder/elbowbinder keywords (maybe something else, like hobble dresses don't fit)

2) No DD item is worn when getting locked on the horse and you want the elbowbinder to get equipped during the action. Then, you'll need this property (l 39)

Armor[] Property EquipDevices Auto						; List of DD devices or regular armor that will get equipped when an actor enters a device.

Fill it with anything, that should get equipped, when the actor gets locked in the contraption.

For 2) I'm not sure though, if only the inventory device, only the rendering device or both are needed to be present in the array. For that, Kimy surely can give the answer ;) 

Maybe I'm even totally wrong, then also Kimy can correct anything, of that I'm sure ?

Regarding furniture and devices. I tried to remove some devices (belt + plugs + suit) when in a pillory. But I'm guessing due to the animation reset/update thing it broke the furniture amination for a couple of seconds. Pillory was gone and PC was reverted to the default idle pose.

So I called the function on the pillory that hides and restores the devices from "InvalidDevices" and fed it a couple of keywords. That works sort of (plugs don't unequip, suit and belt do so need to look into it). But it's a bit of a hack.

Perhaps it would be possible to skip the animation revert/update if a actor is locked in furniture? Then the regular removedevice and equip function can be called. Which of course is what we want.

alternatively to prevent another check is to add a remove/add function that is furniture aware?

13 hours ago, Mister X said:

If I'm correct, there are two cases possible:

1) The actor already is wearing an elbowbinder when getting locked on the Wooden Horse. In that case those two lines (l 33-34) are important

Bool Property HideAllDevices = False Auto				; If set to true, the code will hide -all- DD restraints while the actor is using the devices. For more fine control, use InvalidDevices.
Keyword[] Property InvalidDevices Auto					; List of keywords of DD restraint types that cannot be worn while using this furniture device. The code will hide these items in a quest-safe way.

Keep the bool false and do not fill InvalidDevices with the armbinder/elbowbinder keywords (maybe something else, like hobble dresses don't fit)

2) No DD item is worn when getting locked on the horse and you want the elbowbinder to get equipped during the action. Then, you'll need this property (l 39)

Armor[] Property EquipDevices Auto						; List of DD devices or regular armor that will get equipped when an actor enters a device.

Fill it with anything, that should get equipped, when the actor gets locked in the contraption.

For 2) I'm not sure though, if only the inventory device, only the rendering device or both are needed to be present in the array. For that, Kimy surely can give the answer ;) 

Maybe I'm even totally wrong, then also Kimy can correct anything, of that I'm sure ?

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both approaches in fact. Indeed both make the armbinder visible, but the actor still plays the standard wooden horse yoke animation, with their hands besides their head. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the armbinder animation, where the actor would sit on the wooden horse but with their hands bound behind their back. Cheers. ?

7 hours ago, sebakax173 said:

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both approaches in fact. Indeed both make the armbinder visible, but the actor still plays the standard wooden horse yoke animation, with their hands besides their head. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the armbinder animation, where the actor would sit on the wooden horse but with their hands bound behind their back. Cheers. ?

Can you try it with a device that does not alter the animations? So cuffs or a belt. As the horse is a pose/animation the actor is put in, I'm guessing it needs custom animations for horse with armbinder on.

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Can you try it with a device that does not alter the animations? So cuffs or a belt. As the horse is a pose/animation the actor is put in, I'm guessing it needs custom animations for horse with armbinder on.

Well, as far as I know devices without special animations work seamlessly. You don't need to alter anything to make a wooden horse work with cuffs or a belt (I haven't tried actual cuffs because I repurposed the rope arm cuffs into an elbow binder, but I've tried belts with wooden horse plenty of times), because a wooden horse only removes items with the 'heave bondage' keyword (e.g., armbinders). If you allow the 'heavy bondage' keyword in the device's script properties, an armbinder can show up too, just without the desired effect of...binding arms. I only got the idea that there might be a way to use an armbinder on a wooden horse due to the description in DD 5.1's mod page --

- Alternate poses can be set to accommodate DD wrist restraints (e.g. for wearing armbinders while sitting on a wooden horse)

But I could have interpreted it wrong. I definitely don't want to act unappreciative, because I really love this mod. I'm simply curious and keen to see it work (also armbinder plus wooden horse pushes buttons for me that yoke plus wooden horse somehow doesn't). Cheers.

11 minutes ago, sebakax173 said:

Well, as far as I know devices without special animations work seamlessly. You don't need to alter anything to make a wooden horse work with cuffs or a belt (I haven't tried actual cuffs because I repurposed the rope arm cuffs into an elbow binder, but I've tried belts with wooden horse plenty of times), because a wooden horse only removes items with the 'heave bondage' keyword (e.g., armbinders). If you allow the 'heavy bondage' keyword in the device's script properties, an armbinder can show up too, just without the desired effect of...binding arms. I only got the idea that there might be a way to use an armbinder on a wooden horse due to the description in DD 5.1's mod page --

But I could have interpreted it wrong. I definitely don't want to act unappreciative, because I really love this mod. I'm simply curious and keen to see it work (also armbinder plus wooden horse pushes buttons for me that yoke plus wooden horse somehow doesn't). Cheers.

Maybe those two properties are those you need:

Package[] Property BoundPose Auto						; Packages containing the actual poses
Package[] Property StrugglePose Auto					; Packages containing the struggle poses

You would have to search for/create a pose for wooden horse+armbinder to put it in a package and offer it there. I don't know, maybe DDf already has the fitting poses on board? I never looked for something like that yet.

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Maybe those two properties are those you need:

Package[] Property BoundPose Auto						; Packages containing the actual poses
Package[] Property StrugglePose Auto					; Packages containing the struggle poses

You would have to search for/create a pose for wooden horse+armbinder to put it in a package and offer it there. I don't know, maybe DDf already has the fitting poses on board? I never looked for something like that yet.

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed I believe those two properties store the currently in-use wooden horse yoke animations. Unfortunately, I haven't found any package or idle animation for wooden horse + armbinder, but I could have missed something (I hope that's the case). As for creating animations, I can safely presume that I'd be more skilled at playing the guitar wearing a pair of bondage mittens than creating animations -- and I don't know how to play the guitar.

Interestingly I found this property in the code

Package[] Property BoundPoseArmbinder Auto                ; Packages containing special poses for armbinders.

It's only declared, but not used in the code. I'd be happy to try to update the code to intelligently detect an armbinder and play the appropriate animation, and I can share it here if I manage to get it to work. But I have no knowledge in animations. I'm just humbly asking, if someone could create the animations, that would be great. Cheers.

6 hours ago, sebakax173 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed I believe those two properties store the currently in-use wooden horse yoke animations. Unfortunately, I haven't found any package or idle animation for wooden horse + armbinder, but I could have missed something (I hope that's the case). As for creating animations, I can safely presume that I'd be more skilled at playing the guitar wearing a pair of bondage mittens than creating animations -- and I don't know how to play the guitar.

Interestingly I found this property in the code

It's only declared, but not used in the code. I'd be happy to try to update the code to intelligently detect an armbinder and play the appropriate animation, and I can share it here if I manage to get it to work. But I have no knowledge in animations. I'm just humbly asking, if someone could create the animations, that would be great. Cheers.

Finding animators has always been an issue. It's quite a specific thing to do and not many can make them. Don't want to be a buzzkill but don't think those animations will be made anytime soon.

Or perhaps Kimy will surprise us with the next beta which should be here quite soon :P 

Hello I would like to report a bug

When my character gets dressed in lots of devices at once she sometimes also receives a leather collar with ring which is not visible in inventory and can't be removed by "Free me" command, deleting devious quest in DD MCM.

The DD Escape Overhaul detects this collar but beyond  that is just says that something went horrbly wrong 

5 hours ago, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Hello I would like to report a bug

When my character gets dressed in lots of devices at once she sometimes also receives a leather collar with ring which is not visible in inventory and can't be removed by "Free me" command, deleting devious quest in DD MCM.

The DD Escape Overhaul detects this collar but beyond  that is just says that something went horrbly wrong 

And I would really like to know if there is any fix for that 

6 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Finding animators has always been an issue. It's quite a specific thing to do and not many can make them. Don't want to be a buzzkill but don't think those animations will be made anytime soon.

Or perhaps Kimy will surprise us with the next beta which should be here quite soon :P 

That's understandable. If I become less busy in the near future, I do intend to learn a bit of animation (just for the sake of satisfying my fantasy, oh the things I'd do for that). Right now, I think the mod has got more than plenty of good stuff, so I'm not unhappy in the slightest. Good day. ?

On 8/12/2021 at 8:45 AM, naaitsab said:

I actually have a few new furniture devices to add for the next update! :D

On 8/10/2021 at 6:40 PM, zarantha said:

Is this "Zara should get off her ass now and make sure all the SE bodyslide fixes are merged and waiting for the conversion" soon?

Or "Zara can continue procrastinating til the end of the year soon?" :D

Don't really need an answer, since I'm waiting for the release to see what outfit files from were actually added. Just idle curiosity. :)

Somewhere in between. As I said in my latest Patreon update, I do expect to be able to release a new version somewhere around end of summer/early fall.

As for the outfits going to be added, it will namely be UnevenSteven's contributions, plus all the other things posted here.

14 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Somewhere in between. As I said in my latest Patreon update, I do expect to be able to release a new version somewhere around end of summer/early fall.

As for the outfits going to be added, it will namely be UnevenSteven's contributions, plus all the other things posted here.

Good news :)

I'll start catching those up then. I'm thinking it may also be about time to start adding in the 3bbb bodyslides, but I want to see how much that increases the archive before I commit to it. The numbers will never come close to the base cbbe, because cbbe itself is a requirement. I haven't heard as much about bhunp in the SE threads, so leaving that out still.

@Roggvir was able to greatly decrease the bodyslides for cbbe/3bbb by combining several of the outfit variants together and using some zap magic, so that will help.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Kingslayer101 said:

Not sure if its the right place to ask but I noticed that the gags dont actually fit quite well when you have a custom sculpted head in Racemenu. Is there way to fix the scale or make it match the character's head? This is ygNord
Default races fit fine but if I go with a custom sculpt, it looks like that.

unknown.png

This one might help but custom heads are in general a pain for gags.

I have question regarding straitjackets. Why don't they use slot 45 (heavy bondage one)? They only ocupy slot 32 which is used by suits. Problem is that using function like  SwapDevice with straitjacket will not work because GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword will return none. And if it returns none the function will take it like the actor is not wearing any heavy bondage device, which is obviously untrue.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, iprollyneedhelp said:

Are there any specific steps you need to go through if you want to add DDI items to a classic vendor? Whenever i try to equip a purchased item, it force equips a bunch of unrelated items.

What if you just give the same item with console command or AddItemMenu mod? If it still equips random things then your device is made wrong and issue is unrelated to the shop. I think it should be _inventory item (it contains the script) you should refer to in CK, not _rendered version of a device.

Edited by Zaflis
11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

-snip-

Additem menu works fine, cursed loot vendors work fine, its just adding _inventory items to a vendor through leveled lists, causes them to work like some kind of loot box, spawning a ton of other items.

Edit: somehow, my plugin works now, i am quite confused. Thank you for the help.

Edited by iprollyneedhelp
On 9/18/2021 at 2:40 AM, iprollyneedhelp said:

Additem menu works fine, cursed loot vendors work fine, its just adding _inventory items to a vendor through leveled lists, causes them to work like some kind of loot box, spawning a ton of other items.

Edit: somehow, my plugin works now, i am quite confused. Thank you for the help.

i can confirm that adding inventory items to leveled lists tends to cause very unexpected and bad results, including inventory items getting confused and thinking they're different items or even combinations of multiple items

1 hour ago, incrediblysecure said:

i can confirm that adding inventory items to leveled lists tends to cause very unexpected and bad results, including inventory items getting confused and thinking they're different items or even combinations of multiple items

On LE or SE? On LE it's not something I can relate to. As my mod has a very large assortment of custom items buyable from a vender.

@Laura as you have a vendor option in your mod as well. Have you run into this? If so perhaps it's something to check further.