Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

9 minutes ago, Nymra said:

The problem lies not with POP ?
Since I am using POP for years and it never broke the guards 

Not saying that it has to be the issue, but it also gets updated which can break stuff. It is probably some kind of incompatibility between it and Cursed Loot. Trying to play without POP for a time can help you figure out if guards at least work as intended if POP is not active. 

If I were Kimy I would start collecting responses from people about who has working or not working guards - people with POP and SL Survival, people with SL Survival and Cursed Loot, just Cursed Loot and finally those with all three. Would be interesting to see if there is a pattern. 

I personally will keep trying POP from time to time. The basic idea is great. But it feels too repetitive and lifeless to my taste. Also I use Palaces and Castles Enhanced which makes some of those walks take an eternity. I got Equip installed for the Dwarven mech thingy, so POP is not hard to drop in anyway. 

Also I don't overly like to drop mods into my modlist of which I know that I will end up with instabilities while playing them. And as Dragonar exists as a completely different, but also awesome prison mod alternative that is more stable...

Alas, I digress. 

2 hours ago, Eisenkocher said:

Not saying that it has to be the issue, but it also gets updated which can break stuff. It is probably some kind of incompatibility between it and Cursed Loot. Trying to play without POP for a time can help you figure out if guards at least work as intended if POP is not active. 

If I were Kimy I would start collecting responses from people about who has working or not working guards - people with POP and SL Survival, people with SL Survival and Cursed Loot, just Cursed Loot and finally those with all three. Would be interesting to see if there is a pattern. 

I personally will keep trying POP from time to time. The basic idea is great. But it feels too repetitive and lifeless to my taste. Also I use Palaces and Castles Enhanced which makes some of those walks take an eternity. I got Equip installed for the Dwarven mech thingy, so POP is not hard to drop in anyway. 

Also I don't overly like to drop mods into my modlist of which I know that I will end up with instabilities while playing them. And as Dragonar exists as a completely different, but also awesome prison mod alternative that is more stable...

Alas, I digress. 

FWIW, I have had POP and DCUR in almost every game since time immemorial and, on the whole, they usually functioned fairly well together, even since Kimy added Long Slow Walk Prison  ?

In the current game, which has a few other mods I hadn't tried before, POP never progresses past an abortive arrest. 

I've not really tested it thoroughly, but in the contexts in which I have seen problems, I'd almost put money on Survival and POP having a stand off, which POP loses.  But this is Skyrim, so anything's possible .... ?

I'm working my way through another long quest mod right now, but I might revisit this later if I can

@Kimy an update on the Device manipulation race condition topic.

My SLaV use case of Horny/Melting swapping devices... not seen any fail since latest of my own function plus your updated Equip/Unequip code. Looking good.

I HAVE seen 2 different gags get "hidden/broken"....

• These are not intentional immediate "swapping" cases, I have no gags like that. So this is a more random race condition, or something else
  • Did not catch the moment it occurred though, thus can't locate in logs. This was not during manual equip/unequip
  • They show as worn in inventory, but you don't see them rendered. They were fixed just by tossing the inventory item, so nothing nasty like the ages old hidden/broken device scenario which I have never seen with DD5 thus far
  • I also noticed that in the DCL prison, when you get your items from the chest back (i.e. upon escape), all my devices were re-equipped like they should (block_Generic), except the gag. Likely unrelated but mentioning just in case this is somehow, above, related only to gags. Gags are the only thing that keeps going wrong for me so far

Can someone please help me. Ive been experimenting but to no avail. Both this test version and my sse version have the same problem. The armbinder does not require a key to unlock. It can be equipped and all functionality eg. struggling and examining etc works just fine. However, it is free to unlock and no animation is played. Is this a known incompatibility or was I just a (repeated) idiot with my load order?

42 minutes ago, Mr.Zed said:

Hello, im not sure if it is a bug from this mod or form DCL but when im bound i get the option of sex for keys, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Npcs say "so what are you gonna do" and you can't continue the conversation.

I have no idea which mod that is, but it’s definitely not the framework. Framework only adds devices and keys for other mods to use. Please try asking in content mod threads.

1 hour ago, Mr.Zed said:

Hello, im not sure if it is a bug from this mod or form DCL but when im bound i get the option of sex for keys, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Npcs say "so what are you gonna do" and you can't continue the conversation.

Sex for Key's is "SexLab Dialogue"

59 minutes ago, Richard1234 said:

I have no idea which mod that is, but it’s definitely not the framework. Framework only adds devices and keys for other mods to use. Please try asking in content mod threads.

It could easily be caused by a difference in the framework. For example, the mod is likely trying to start a sexlab scene, but nothing is starting due to the filter not finding a valid animation. This may not have been the behavior it was designed for.

2 hours ago, Mr.Zed said:

how long are you waiting in the dialog for the next prompts? I've seen where the dialog is very laggy and I  either need to wait it out (minutes sometimes) or exit and retry a few times.

11 hours ago, UCAB2020 said:

Can someone please help me. Ive been experimenting but to no avail. Both this test version and my sse version have the same problem. The armbinder does not require a key to unlock. It can be equipped and all functionality eg. struggling and examining etc works just fine. However, it is free to unlock and no animation is played. Is this a known incompatibility or was I just a (repeated) idiot with my load order?

How are you equipping the armbinder? Is it getting equipped from events, or are you using add item to get it?

40 minutes ago, zarantha said:

How are you equipping the armbinder? Is it getting equipped from events, or are you using add item to get it?

Both through DCL and through regular equipping. It still plays the manipulate locks and the lockit on option but that doesnt make a difference

The day has finally arrived! It took a little bit longer than I first anticipated, but Devious Devices 5.0 has now officially released for LE. My guess is that the SE version will follow shortly, when the porters had a chance to apply needed tweaks etc.

Get the new release here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157168-devious-devices-le-50-2020-11-18/

My thanks go to everyone how has downloaded and participated in the beta and provided me with all the feedback, bug reports and ideas! And of course, to everyone supporting me on Patreon and keep me going!

Have fun with DD5!

Oh, and yes, of course DCL9 will follow shortly! Stay tuned! ;)

21 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Gags are the only thing that keeps going wrong for me so far

What kind of Gag? I am asking because panel gags have a history of causing issues, at least for me. If I understand correctly they are technically working different, the "model" that you see is not directly from the rendered device, it is added by a magic effect (to allow different models for plug and without plug). Sometimes the magical effect can get "lost", for example in some loading screens.

15 hours ago, UCAB2020 said:

The armbinder does not require a key to unlock. It can be equipped and all functionality eg. struggling and examining etc works just fine. However, it is free to unlock and no animation is played.

The armbinder has no key (e.g. the deviceKey property of zad_armBinderInventory is set to None). I have seen this previously, but I assumed it was on purpose. Can you confirm that it is on purpose @Kimy?

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

What kind of Gag? I am asking because panel gags have a history of causing issues, at least for me. If I understand correctly they are technically working different, the "model" that you see is not directly from the rendered device, it is added by a magic effect (to allow different models for plug and without plug). Sometimes the magical effect can get "lost", for example in some loading screens.

I've only been testing with SLaV's own "Virgin Gags". The models are appearing correctly but likely not treated as a panel gag.

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

The armbinder has no key (e.g. the deviceKey property of zad_armBinderInventory is set to None). I have seen this previously, but I assumed it was on purpose. Can you confirm that it is on purpose @Kimy?

Some armbinders are indeed keyless. They are still not easy to escape, because there is another property that makes it hard for you to reach the "lock". Many rope devices have the same mechanics.

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Some armbinders are indeed keyless. They are still not easy to escape, because there is another property that makes it hard for you to reach the "lock". Many rope devices have the same mechanics.

Is there a way (for example using tes5edit) I can change this so they play the animation and require a key?

Thank you for your patience, i am rather new to editing mods.

1 hour ago, UCAB2020 said:

Is there a way (for example using tes5edit) I can change this so they play the animation and require a key?

Devious Lore - Lore Patch adds those animations to many devices, not sure if armbinder is 1 of them or if it concerns that specific armbinder (which you never said which one) is one of them. Either way adding the struggle animation is possible.

And yes you can change the key with TES5Edit, if i recall it's "_inventory" version of the armor where the script property is. If it doesn't have "devicekey" property you can perhaps add it manually but more robust to do from CK. I actually changed key from TES5Edit just not many days back, find the ID of the key, then right click on the deviceKey for "Edit" and paste ID in the field.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:03 PM, UnEvenSteven said:

@Kimy Wondering if you saw my post regarding 1stPerson TextureSets, didn't see any changes or additions in Beta 12.

Also, hoping the following files can be sneaked in the next Beta or official release of DD5. It's new BodySlide files for the CBBE version of the Catsuit. The proportions of the CBBE were complete whack, it had some weird jaggedness and even had an odd bump between and slightly above the breasts. This new slider is based off of the UUNP HDT version which is a superior conversion and has far better proportions. These files also include sliders for the Catsuit Ballet Boots and Long Gloves, these currently don't exist for CBBE version.

This was something I had done for myself quite a while back but I figure other CBBE users might appreciate the new sliders.

CBBE Improved Catsuit Stuff.7z 2.28 MB · 17 downloads

Don't delete any files, just overwrite when asked to do so. Build the new catsuit which is still labeled DDX - CBBE - MXW_Catsuit or build DDX - CBBE - MXW_Catsuit HDT whichever you prefer, the old TBBP version or whatever is no longer used. Also build the new DDX - CBBE - MXW_LongGloves and DDX - CBBE - MXW_BalBoots sliders.

@Kimy I think that you forgot to add these catsuit CBBE files in DD5. Also, I think that they can be added to DCL. I've been using them now for DD5 and DCL and they look great :)

• 4 weeks later...