Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Right. Here we go, I guess. This release will mainly be a bugfix release, to get some important fix out in a timely fashion. There won't be any major new features, but if people have any suggestions for a little thing extra here or there, they are more than welcome to suggest it. If people have any new devices/animations they'd like to contribute, I can add these as well. I do not plan to keep this beta cycle open for too long, though. I have to admit that the recent drama still left me with limited desire to work on DD right now, but I wanted to get these fixes out, so...

Devious Devices 5.1 - Beta 1

- Added: New MCM Toggle "Use Animation Filter for Creatures" that if disabled, will make DD bypass the animation filter completely when creatures are present in any animation. Otherwise, the filter will at least try to hide restraints etc. This toggle is meant as a debug/fallback solution if people are experiencing filter-related issues with creature animations.
- Fixed: The animation filter is now using a workaround preventing it from occassionally replacing animations when SexLab's internal state isn't ready for it. Stuck/Stacked/T-boned etc. animations should no longer happen.
- Fixed: The MCM "Use Bound Animations" toggle actually works now!
- Fixed: The prisoner chains had its HDT setup fixed. The item should no longer glitch.
- Fixed: The Heavy Bondage effect is now removed properly upon device unlock.
- Fixed: If the DestroyOnRemove device property is set to true, the item will now also get properly removed if the device is not a quest device.
- Fixed: DD For Him had several devices fixed.

- Fixed: DD Beast Races had several devices fixed.

People using DD for Him and DD Beast Races need to install the two updated ESPs. Do NOT install them if you are not using these components!

Devious Devices LE 5.1 Beta 1.7z  Devious Devices For Him.esp  Devious Devices - BRRF.esp

Just mentioning a previous request as a possible addition to 5.1 (I won't bring it up again).  It's minor, but also very simple.

For the shock event message in zadEventVibrate.psc, rather than 2 lines (with a misspelling):
A devestating [sic] jolt of electricity rocks through you,
leaving you writhing in pain.

Shorten it to one (less notification scrolling), something like:
A painful jolt of electricity rocks you.

40 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Bodyslide should put the output mesh into /data/meshes/devious/devices. That's where the armbinder mesh is currently residing and mods are expecting it to be. The textures are in /data/textures/devious/devices for the standard leather variant, and /data/textures/devious/expansion for the ebonite variants, respectively.

Need any other info, just ask! :)

in the devices directory, is it supposed to be armbinder01_1.nif?  (Asking because I don't have a FT_ArmbinderElbow_1.nif in that directory and my DD may need updating.)

4 minutes ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

in the devices directory, is it supposed to be armbinder01_1.nif?  (Asking because I don't have a FT_ArmbinderElbow_1.nif in that directory and my DD may need updating.)

Both the standard and Ebonite version of the Elbowbinder are located in data\meshes\devious\devices\feuertin

30 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Right. Here we go, I guess. This release will mainly be a bugfix release, to get some important fix out in a timely fashion. There won't be any major new features, but if people have any suggestions for a little thing extra here or there, they are more than welcome to suggest it. If people have any new devices/animations they'd like to contribute, I can add these as well. I do not plan to keep this beta cycle open for too long, though. I have to admit that the recent drama still left me with limited desire to work on DD right now, but I wanted to get these fixes out, so...

Did you had the chance to look at the items from the kziitd conversions that where posted here and we PM'ed about? (those with explicit permissions to use like the boxtie armbinder and the latex corset+stockings).

Would be cool to have at least the boxtie binder as an armbinder alternative :)

Just now, naaitsab said:

Did you had the chance to look at the items from the kziitd conversions that where posted here and we PM'ed about? (those with explicit permissions to use like the boxtie armbinder and the latex corset+stockings).

I actually already made CBBE conversions of this as well.

8 minutes ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

I actually already made CBBE conversions of this as well.

Yeah I was referring to those as well because DD requires CBBE and UUNP. But Kimy requested specific permission of the original author to use the DaZ items. I got those from 'Noone' the maker of the boxtie binder set. So these are safe to use.

3 minutes ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

Guess I need to update?

That's not the correct folder for Elbowbinders, the folder you want is data\meshes\devious\devices\feuertin:

\data

\meshes

\devious

\devices

\feuertin

Yes there are two "feuertin" folders.

7 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

That's not the correct folder for Elbowbinders, the folder you want is data\meshes\devious\devices\feuertin:

\data

\meshes

\devious

\devices

\feuertin

Yes there are two "feuertin" folders.

Perfect.  Thank you!

Adding this here too, just in case:

NOTE:  If SE users want to test DD 5.1 Beta 1, the files included do NOT need conversion at this point. Just install over DD 5.0 and go.

Edit: Delete the mesh folder from the archive before installing - the HDT PE xmls  overwrite the HDT SMP xmls.

Hi,

Many thanks for the new update, Kimy!

I've run the new .esp's through xEdit and come up with this in BRRF. Is anybody else getting this or am I missing something?

Spoiler

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [0F] Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyIronCollarRendered [ARMO:0D01E689]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [05000ABE] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyChainHarnessBodyRendered [ARMO:0D01E68C]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [05000ABA] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyChainHarnessFullRendered [ARMO:0D01E699]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [05000ABA] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyNippleChainCollarRendered [ARMO:0D01FC42]
[00:00]     ARMO \ Armature \ MODL - Model Filename -> [05000ABE] < Error: Could not be resolved >

1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

Hi,

Many thanks for the new update, Kimy!

I've run the new .esp's through xEdit and come up with this in BRRF. Is anybody else getting this or am I missing something?

Hide contents

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [0F] Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyIronCollarRendered [ARMO:0D01E689]
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyChainHarnessBodyRendered [ARMO:0D01E68C]
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyChainHarnessFullRendered [ARMO:0D01E699]
[00:00] zadx_HR_RustyNippleChainCollarRendered [ARMO:0D01FC42]

I don't remember sending @Kimy a new .esp for BRRF, it looks like someone tried to add new armor addons to the armature. I only made refits for Khajiit in this instance because there weren't issues with Argonians and Orcs.

EDIT:

Comparing the plugin with my own doesn't show any outstanding changes except adding those non-existant armor addons as well as a slash in the texture sets for the Collygon gags' environment file path.

Spoiler

image.png.1f46ba3f7e489c2f4fb64ba1221254c8.png

image.png.a3b5384ec015d2087f82fbc4b3e4e689.png

This update to the plugin should probably be reverted...

EDIT2:

Apparently 5.0 includes the same plugin with errors in it, the file in 5.0 and 5.1 are identical.

Here's my current plugin - without errors in it: Devious Devices - BRRF.esp

@Kimy The "Use Bound Animation" toggle seems to working correctly when it's toggled off now. Heavy restraints are temporarily removed when a scene starts and placed back after the scene ends. regular SexLab or SLAL animations are used instead. Vaginal, Anal and Oral animations are still correctly filtered out when wearing blocking devices such as belts or gags when "Use Bound Animation" is toggled off.

The only oddity I've seen so far is the Pet Suit. When "Use Bound Animation" is toggled off the Pet Suit is not removed when the scene starts, regular, non-bound animations still play as expected but the pet suit remains on. Also when cycling animations the scene with a pet suit will forcibly switch to another animation each time. Remember this is when "Use Bound Animation" is toggled off.

Lastly none of the Straitjacket variants are removed when "Use Bound Animation" is toggled off. This is mostly fine since there aren't any specific bound sex animations for straitjackets and regular SexLab (or SLAL) will be used. The keywords on the straitjackets already filter out various animations such as Vaginal and Anal. The problem is with the normal, non-legbinder, non-hobble dress versions. These still block vaginal and anal animations when they clearly shouldn't. To fix this I simply added PermitVaginal and PermitAnal keywords to the normal straitjackets. Vaginal and Anal animations will now be allowed regardless of "Use Bound Animation" being toggled on or off. I'll upload a patch file for merging.

StraitjacketKeywordPatch.esp

(Skyrim LE)

Hi everyone, ?

I made a UUNP and CBBE BS conversion of the pet suits. 

If you would be so kind to test them, I'd really appreciate it. ?

How they look for me:

Spoiler

Before

1.jpg.262b6bce0a5aff139d397be32fef7113.jpg

After2.jpg.968e8ec0b8ebcb6fddf2e2150d8ea811.jpg

??

4 hours ago, Racoonity said:

Hi everyone, ?

I made a UUNP and CBBE BS conversion of the pet suits. 

If you would be so kind to test them, I'd really appreciate it. ?

How they look for me:

Reveal hidden contents

Before

1.jpg.262b6bce0a5aff139d397be32fef7113.jpg

After2.jpg.968e8ec0b8ebcb6fddf2e2150d8ea811.jpg

??

I forgot to copy the environment texture paths for the ebonite ones. ? ?

Here is a fixed version:

BS Petsuit by Racoonity.7z

(Removed typos)

45 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

@Racoonity I get an error when trying to build:

Hide contents

error.png.37477f0df351c4ce1dceafa5ae799ac7.png

Try downloading the new version I uploaded.

The underscores version is a typo, sorry. ?

Also those are in "Unassigned" group in BS.

That's because I didn't add them to any slider group yet.

?

On 1/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, naaitsab said:

Right! That's still on my to-do list. I will have to check our past messages to see which items are covered by the permissions and which aren't. Right now, I have no clue! Haha!

The boxtie armbinder is probably one item I can't implement, at least not right now. It would require a full new AA set, since the position of the arms is different from regular armbinders.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:11 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Just mentioning a previous request as a possible addition to 5.1 (I won't bring it up again).  It's minor, but also very simple.

For the shock event message in zadEventVibrate.psc, rather than 2 lines (with a misspelling):
A devestating [sic] jolt of electricity rocks through you,
leaving you writhing in pain.

Shorten it to one (less notification scrolling), something like:
A painful jolt of electricity rocks you.

Implemented it like this! :)

20 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Right! That's still on my to-do list. I will have to check our past messages to see which items are covered by the permissions and which aren't. Right now, I have no clue! Haha!

The boxtie armbinder is probably one item I can't implement, at least not right now. It would require a full new AA set, since the position of the arms is different from regular armbinders.

I have no idea how the animation system works but it's a shame if it would not make the cut. The CBBE converter of the set is also present here so if there are any questions just post them :)

Did you by chance also spot my post about the petsuit and the horny/idle animations? I'm working on a quest part with that device but every time the plugs fire I get reminded about it again :P I've fixed it at the moment by creating a custom vibrate event but that's not the most efficient way of course.

10 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I have no idea how the animation system works but it's a shame if it would not make the cut. The CBBE converter of the set is also present here so if there are any questions just post them :)

Without an animator making me that AA set, I can't put it in, unfortunately. Even when I'd really like to get a boxbinder pose in.

10 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Did you by chance also spot my post about the petsuit and the horny/idle animations? I'm working on a quest part with that device but every time the plugs fire I get reminded about it again :P I've fixed it at the moment by creating a custom vibrate event but that's not the most efficient way of course.

I did! It's on the to-do list!

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Without an animator making me that AA set, I can't put it in, unfortunately. Even when I'd really like to get a boxbinder pose in.

I did! It's on the to-do list!

There aren't a lot of animator around sadly so let's hope it can be done in the future.

And thanks for adding the bug to the list, it messes with my OCD :P . Perhaps an idea if you have read a bug-report in the thread if you click the like button on the post then the person that made the bug-report/suggestion knows for sure it's been read. As there are frequent 'has this been noticed' posts in the thread.