4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

With consideration for the redone text for the Racial Phyogeny book that @Blaze69 posted in the Yiffy Age, thread, here's something for that, for....well...

I like the idea, but I think it goes into too much detail about the race as a whole for the current version of the book.

The text itself is focused on reproduction, mostly of the cross-species kind, so the info should be only about their reproduction and compatibility (or lack thereof) with other races, and in the case it exists, the possible outcomes. More generic info on the race like the part about them "possessing a civilized society" and what not doesn't really fit there. It would fit if we ever did a book specifically on them as a race, perhaps like the ones I've suggested for YA, but IMO not here.

3 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Right, I think this is closest I can get

That is very close indeed. so kudos. :classic_tongue:

Also fake!Syrena doesn't look bad at all (and I bet she would look better if we ever get those stripes), but I'd say if we do more stuff with Shark Tits™, Saika should be featured instead.

the fact that there's no proper tail posing.

There is tail posing, or at least I assume there can be. If the tail can be animated for SL scenes, I don't see why it couldn't be "animated" as well for standard poses. I don't think anyone has actually done any tail animations (let alone tail poses) outside of @MadMansGun, though, so if anything you'd have to ask him.

EDIT: ninja'd by MMG, lol. So there you go.

Hmm. Now I wonder if that could be turned into a load screen. :classic_rolleyes: I assume breast bones can be animated there too, so we'd be able to do everything except for facial expressions, and those can simply be simulated by applying a fixed expression to the head mesh before adding it to the nif (as some of the existing load screens do already).

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:
1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

There is tail posing, or at least I assume there can be. If the tail can be animated for SL scenes, I don't see why it couldn't be "animated" as well for standard poses. I don't think anyone has actually done any tail animations (let alone tail poses) outside of @MadMansGun, though, so if anything you'd have to ask him.

EDIT: ninja'd by MMG, lol. So there you go.

I actually meant realtime ingame posing so that I could adjust it however I want/need without going into 3D Maxing and FNISing for one-off pretentious screenshots... but I actually figured out how to hook the tailbones to NiOPA so I can have exactly what I wanted/needed. ?

Spoiler

TailPoseDemo.jpg

This is static, non-physics tail. This also means I now have ridiculously more control over poses. Pardon for using the lookalike shark but it was just a quick test.

Also fake!Syrena doesn't look bad at all (and I bet she would look better if we ever get those stripes), but I'd say if we do more stuff with Shark Tits™, Saika should be featured instead.

Yah, I just made her in case we get the stripes (and also to see how near to source I can get). I also made various other [animal] tits versions of the shirt but the mesh is weird (and single weight) so I actually couldn't use it on YA races due to neck differences and the whole thing just exploding when I try to refit it in OS.

Hmm. Now I wonder if that could be turned into a load screen. :classic_rolleyes: I assume breast bones can be animated there too, so we'd be able to do everything except for facial expressions, and those can simply be simulated by applying a fixed expression to the head mesh before adding it to the nif (as some of the existing load screens do already).

I can send over the edited texture and recreate the expression somewhat and save it if you want to try it.

Hmm. Now I wonder if that could be turned into a load screen. :classic_rolleyes: I assume breast bones can be animated there too

did you forget about "AnimatedLoadScreenFemaleHerm.nif" ? the hand is moving the right breast.

35 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

This is static, non-physics tail. This also means I now have ridiculously more control over poses

the tail looks a bit kinked, i thought i fixed that, is that the old mesh or something?

32 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I actually meant realtime ingame posing so that I could adjust it however I want/need without going into 3D Maxing and FNISing for one-off pretentious screenshots... but I actually figured out how to hook the tailbones to NiOPA so I can have exactly what I wanted/needed. ?

Oooh, that sounds great...

This is static, non-physics tail. This also means I now have ridiculously more control over poses.

...and it is great indeed! :classic_tongue:

Pardon for using the lookalike shark but it was just a quick test.

You know what? This may be just dat tail sweep talking (and the hair too, which looks surprisingly good even if I'm usually not a fan of unusual colors), but I'd say she can be a keeper if you want. :classic_rolleyes:

I also made various other [animal] tits versions of the shirt but the mesh is weird (and single weight) so I actually couldn't use it on YA races due to neck differences and the whole thing just exploding when I try to refit it in OS.

I'd be happy to take a look at it and fix it up for use with YA races if you want to do shots with them too.

I can send over the edited texture and recreate the expression somewhat and save it if you want to try it.

I wouldn't mind that at all either, yes. Other species' variants too.

Think I'll leave the actual pics to you for now though, I don't think I could top any of your stuff.

6 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

did you forget about "AnimatedLoadScreenFemaleHerm.nif" ? the hand is moving the right breast.

It's been so long since I've checked the loadscreens I didn't remember, but thanks for the heads up.

the tail looks a bit kinked, i thought i fixed that, is that the old mesh or something?

Should be yours as far as I know, but if you still have your edit at hand do send it my way and I'll double-check in case I mixed it up with the old mesh or something.

9 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Should be yours as far as I know, but if you still have your edit at hand do send it my way and I'll double-check in case I mixed it up with the old mesh or something.

page 18 of the "Dragon Stuff" PM, 9 posts down.

Also, it's just been suggested I should look into adding brow options for the sharks, with this brow-ed out edit of Sly's pic above as an example of why:

Spoiler

image0.png

I don't know how feasible it would be to add support for the vanilla brows, and I would have to contact Bad Dog first for info on how brows and scars are done (since IIRC they are done pretty much the same way), but is this something there would be interest in?

I'm 99% sure it would require tinkering with TRIs and morphs, and that's something I'm not so sure about doing if people won't use it (because working with morphs sucks).

On 1/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, ASlySpyDuo said:

That's easy to fix since you can just literally copypaste the claws from the hand meshes into any open fingered gauntled meshes with nifskope. There's step-by-step instructions in Better Claws and Gauntlets page, you can skip editing the plugin and just overwrite the meshes instead which is what I do.

The problem with the dragon princess one is that the hands are all wrong, the meshes themselves don't even open up properly in nifskope either and I can't be arsed to look how to fix that for one-off screenshot.

Huh...how exactly do you overwrite the meshes? I've been trying to do that with say, a few open-fingered gloves/gauntlets from TAWOBA(The amazing world of bikini armor) by pasting over it from the beast claw hand(paw) mesh and it simply causes the hand mesh to disappear..and getting the claws to appear on said gauntlets is confusing...

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

Could be just me trying to get my bearings with this newfound power. NiOPA is very powerful, you can create some eldricht horrors with it since it has no constraints so I probably just went over "looks good" limit. Also since there's only 5 bones to manipulate, there's bound to be some unnatural curves when curving around like that.

And here is an example of "eldricht horror":

SalvadorTail.jpg

I'd be happy to take a look at it and fix it up for use with YA races if you want to do shots with them too.

I wouldn't mind that at all either, yes. Other species' variants too.

I'll package them up in a sane way then.

50 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

is this something there would be interest in?

I personally don't have interest, I don't think they fit that well even though they are very prevalent in anthro shark artwork, but let's see what others say.

16 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

-Striped Shark Textures Male & Female-

Man, the good things just keep rolling lately, don't they. I'll give them a try in a jiffy.

17 minutes ago, Taven said:

Huh...how exactly do you overwrite the meshes?

I just make an empty mod in MO2, recreate the file structure there and and drop my clawified mesh there and make sure it overwrites the original. Dunno if that's what you meant but hey.

51 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:
1 hour ago, Valehyena said:

Man, the good things just keep rolling lately, don't they. I'll give them a try in a jiffy.

Well hello there, great work.

Female (bikini):

StripedSharkFemale1.jpg

Spoiler

StripedSharkFemale2.jpg

StripedSharkFemale3.jpg

Male (nude):

StripedSharkMale2.jpg

Spoiler

StripedSharkMale1.jpg

StripedSharkMale3.jpg

Though you wouldn't have saved the texture in .psd or similar by any coincidence? Mostly asking if the stripes itself are on separate layer so that they could be made into Racemenu overlay. :classic_rolleyes:

(though that method doesn't work for tails since they are on separate texture)

19 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Though you wouldn't have saved the texture in .psd or similar by any coincidence? Mostly asking if the stripes itself are on separate layer so that they could be made into Racemenu overlay. :classic_rolleyes:

Hey thanks! wow they both look great! Nice shots. 

Here are PSD's maybe you can make the tail a bit more transparent to match the rest

SharkstripesPSD.zip

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Well hello there, great work.

Oh sweet baby Talos, that's good. Love the tail swipes too. ?

Mostly asking if the stripes itself are on separate layer so that they could be made into Racemenu overlay. :classic_rolleyes:

I think I can keep the default (markings-less) textures as they are and add the stripes as body/face/feet overlays for customizability, but also offer the textures with the built-in stripes as an optional download for those that would like to have them on the tail as well. The latter won't be tintable/adjustable in RM, though, and will show up on all Selachii when used, but should be better than nothing.

In the case of FO4, assuming these fit CBBE bodies well too, I should be able to make them fully selectable in LooksMenu. While the LM body texture-swapping function is buggy and doesn't persist across saves, the NakedSkin-swapping part of it seems to work fine, so swapping the tail AA for the striped one is/should be possible; couple that with the body stripes as a standard overlay, and we'll be cooking with gas. Won't know for sure until I actually try, though.

Turning them into overlays will mean extracting them from the final textures, though, so it would take me a while unless...

40 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

Here are PSD's

...yes. Thank you. :classic_laugh:

maybe you can make the tail a bit more transparent to match the rest

Huh. Interestingly enough, I was thinking about making them less transparent so they would match the tail instead. Pretty sure I'll have to make them fully opaque to turn them into overlays anyway, though, as RM itself handles the alpha.

14 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I like the idea, but I think it goes into too much detail about the race as a whole for the current version of the book.

The text itself is focused on reproduction, mostly of the cross-species kind, so the info should be only about their reproduction and compatibility (or lack thereof) with other races, and in the case it exists, the possible outcomes. More generic info on the race like the part about them "possessing a civilized society" and what not doesn't really fit there. It would fit if we ever did a book specifically on them as a race, perhaps like the ones I've suggested for YA, but IMO not here.

That is very close indeed. so kudos. :classic_tongue:

Fair point. Hopefully this works better?

Spoiler

Less clarity exists on the origins of the Selachii, at least concerning any kind of relations to the races of men and mer. With consideration for their history, it seems there is little to no connection to either, beyond basic body shape, and little difference in the way of bodily functions. Perhaps there may be more or less variety in offspring, though there seems to exist the idea that, while reproduction with the races of Tamriel is possible, the offspring may similarly be a Selachii(as it seems a dominating trait), though possessing fur may be unlikely. Among the race, little variety is known, save for certain members possessing markings from birth(usually hereditary?), which does not seem to denote them as a subspecies or variant of the Selachii - or at least most among the race do not consider the variation as such. One scholar of this race cited that the Selachii have interbred with the race of "men" from Akavir, this occurring before their arrival on Tamriel, and this factor is what makes similar physical traits(mostly considering genitalia), also seen within the races of Tamriel, appear among them just the same.

One detail about their history is there, but it is related, and clarifies a time frame of events, just to not suggest it was recent - though I'm not explicitly sure when this book is intended to have been written(though it can easily be defined for the purposes of either this mod or Yiffy Age), and it might be mess to figure that detail out.

12 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Also, it's just been suggested I should look into adding brow options for the sharks, with this brow-ed out edit of Sly's pic above as an example of why:

I don't know how feasible it would be to add support for the vanilla brows, and I would have to contact Bad Dog first for info on how brows and scars are done (since IIRC they are done pretty much the same way), but is this something there would be interest in?

I'm 99% sure it would require tinkering with TRIs and morphs, and that's something I'm not so sure about doing if people won't use it (because working with morphs sucks).

Not a bad idea, but if it is possible, I'd suggest looking into a new slider, like the females have for eyes - this possibly going for the earring options, and keeping the brows to the vanilla slider. As well as having a NoBrows option, which like the possible idea of pubic hair(even if that likely won't be a part of the mod at all), I'd suggest that basically any kind of hair beyond on their head, is a rarity.

Also, a bit from a book intended for the mod, which takes a bit of inspiration from a certain imageset by Incase.

Spoiler

"Oi, elfy. You often talk to yourself? Or is this something all ya' elves do?"

Looking towards Nuza, the Orc had a smirk on her face. "No, it is not. Do you think it is any better than what your thinking about this early?"

"Wha? Unless ya be a mage, I doubt ya kno' what I'm thinkin' 'bout. Tho' it could be a lo' worse, like the limp-dicked morons ya made meh deal with. Mus' ben the kinda louts tha'...nah, who cares."

Cirode sighed. "You think I haven't seen it? That I don't know what it means? Maybe I haven't seen it before on a woman, but I have on a number of men that only wanted-"

Nuza briefly looked down, then started laughing, cutting off Cirode's ranting. "HAH. Ya thinkin' I have meh eye on yah backside because of this? Mehbeh ah do, but jus' so yah know, if I wanted tha', you would be the first to know. As ah would ask if yer interested, and go wank mehself if not."

"So you are saying you don't force yourself on...anyone? Have you ever done so?"

Nuza croked her head slightly, and then shook it side to side. "Nah, but that is if yeh don' count the women I've paid, and even then, ah kept it civil. Have to, when ya need to not cause a fus for ya captain or commander. But av' never made it rough unless the' wanted it rough."

"So you are a soldier. With the Imperials, right? I saw your book in the tent."

Nuza nodded. "Over ten years, but ah have no' worn the outfit for a while now. It is in the blood thou', and from what ahv' heard, it dun leave." Standing, she entered the tent, and for a few minutes, it was fairly quiet, save for the sounds of what must have been the Orc rummaging around for, something. When she left, Nuza was carrying a fair sized leather bag, and a decent sized cooking pan. "Got sum decent food 'er. Ya fin wit eggs and bacon?"

"Why are you so willing to share? Though yes, that sounds good, actually."

Quickly using the steel of her blade to relight the fire, Nuza sighed. "Ya always want the bad, dun ya? Wan to see people at their worst? Mehbe not you, but many crave tha'. Ya see good, and always believe there's somethin' else to it." She started with the food, and shrugged as the pan began to heat up. "Ahv' seen too much bad in the world. Ah though once I saw bad in them damn strongholds. Grew up in wun up in Skyrim, and me parents wanted to travel to Orsinium, to really be among our people. It was...bad. Worse than the ones in Skyrim, wish I could tolerate, and could be fairly decent. Ah left Orsinum when ah lost me first tusk. " She looked back to Cirode, who had a puzzled look on her face. "When ah..." She seemed to be struggling with the phrase. "...came of age. Damn cryodillic."

11 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I think the leopard shark was mentioned earlier

Yes, I certainly wouldn't mind having a leopard shark option as well.

3 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Fair point. Hopefully this works better?

One detail about their history is there, but it is related, and clarifies a time frame of events, just to not suggest it was recent - though I'm not explicitly sure when this book is intended to have been written(though it can easily be defined for the purposes of either this mod or Yiffy Age), and it might be mess to figure that detail out.

I think I can work with that. I'd rather wait and see what's the plan for the YA version (since this mod will also have to include its changes) and add it afterwards, so just keep this on hold for now. Or work on if it you want, but I don't know when it will be implemented.

Not a bad idea, but if it is possible, I'd suggest looking into a new slider, like the females have for eyes - this possibly going for the earring options, and keeping the brows to the vanilla slider.

That could pose a problem. I know how to add RaceMenu sliders for morphs in the TRI file so they don't take up the vanilla morph slider "slots", but I don't know how hard it would be to add a brand new set of head parts and a slider to select them.

At first glance I assume I could add them in the facial hair slider, as that one won't be used otherwise and AFAIK beards to get the hair tint like brows do so that wouldn't be an issue either; otherwise I could add them to the standard brows slider indeed and move the earrings and fins to the Facial Hair one, but that could mess up existing characters and NPCs so I would have to check. Once the meshes and TRIs are made, swapping sliders should be trivial, though, so I can worry about that later.

To be honest, I'm starting to have second thoughts on this. I think whether this will happen or not will depend on how hard it is. AFAIK brows and scars are made by taking the head mesh, cutting out a piece, inflating it a tiny bit so it goes over the actual head, and then playing with the UV until the scar/brow looks good. Most of this should be easy(ish) except for the first two steps, which would require having a TRI file to match the face piece.

Think I'll just ask Bad Dog about how he did the CITRUS scars for YA, and depending on how much work it takes to do the TRIs, I'll decide whether to give this a shot or not.

As well as having a NoBrows option

Of course there would be one such option, and would be set as default for the race. Only Selachii that would get brows would be the PC for those that would like to have them and maybe specific NPCs if we deem it fitting for them.

like the possible idea of pubic hair(even if that likely won't be a part of the mod at all),

Yeah, chances are it won't. There's other mods that can take care of it already, they should all work on Selachii out of the box or after some minor tweaking, and I don't really see a reason to do it myself as it wouldn't be any better than those anyway.

I'd suggest that basically any kind of hair beyond on their head, is a rarity.

Fair enough. Not the default because it wouldn't really fit, but not impossible either so anyone that may want it can have it without going against the lore (for anyone that cares about that, anyway).

18 hours ago, Valehyena said:

So per some requests I got, here is my first version of the shark textures.

Man those stripes were a bitch to line up =p

Pics (nude)

Reveal hidden contents

20200106105240_1.jpg.0af63346cc7871cd46dc739d925e3821.jpg20200106105251_1.jpg.1452be37deba38798f39829fa83762fd.jpg20200106105300_1.jpg.342acb5560f572900c1f40a272048403.jpg20200106105335_1.jpg.344723cd520e4cf1b9fd6b9ba70dac48.jpg20200106110326_1.jpg.4e19a3a8ac1441b4bd9b72e45f8c47fc.jpg20200106110332_1.jpg.4c69765ae8dfc4cef2a3f711b253ded4.jpg20200106110339_1.jpg.8e7d923e17013ac444cd2903124db2f7.jpg20200106110347_1.jpg.6db1b598f00e9a7b3b974e56033a177f.jpg20200106110403_1.jpg.a42f9141f11984fc55856cbe4b27863c.jpg

Hope you guys like it! => 

StripedShark.zip 4.98 MB · 11 downloads

As you guys can see, you converted me to UNP 

Thanks a lot it was just what I wanted.

Since Blaze69 reminded me of the artist’s name several months ago.

I wanted the same shark stripes.

I love this shark named Zahn

Spoiler

72b0b318d1c8f807598c7812c84df552.jpg     de0da597e1627fb300266fa7e5ee1820.png

Drawings of some sharks and their color patterns

https://e621.net/post/index/1/vader-san shark

Alright, so here's my take on RM overlay stripes.

NoseStripes.jpg

Shark Stripes RM Overlays Fix.7z

Pretty much all credit to @Valehyena for these.

I included alternative body overlay for females since the back stripes cut off by default. The original stripes are included as "Shark Stripes Male".

Facepaints also included as warpaints in case you don't want to use head overlays since they cause CTD if someone gets decapitated. Warpaint versions are a bit crappier though.

And yes, glowmap works so you can be a rave shark if you want:

Spoiler

Rave.jpg

And as you can see from the screenshot, I also included (crappy) nose ridge overlay. There's alternative one with 4 stripes instead too, preview here:

Spoiler

4Stripes.jpg

Main caveat here is that tail wont get stripes since RM only supports overlays for head, body, feet and hands.