47 minutes ago, D C said:

so how are the pics with stripes above are possible ??

If only I posted the overlays I used. Alas, it seems like you have to join my patreon at $50 tier (charge upfront ofc), join my discord, pass the vetting test held by 3 scary users where they ask for your SSID and bank details, and complete the 10 trials I set for you to acquire them.

But seriously, you seem very confused. Since you keep going about FO4 and SSE here, I hope you realize that this is Skyrim LE thread. Everything that has been just posted is for LE. That includes this:

47 minutes ago, D C said:

and can you share the preset for the third pic if you don't mind?

Skyrim LE only, sorry champ.

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

If only I posted the overlays I used. Alas, it seems like you have to join my patreon at $50 tier (charge upfront ofc), join my discord, pass the vetting test held by 3 scary users where they ask for your SSID and bank details, and complete the 10 trials I set for you to acquire them.

But seriously, you seem very confused. Since you keep going about FO4 and SSE here, I hope you realize that this is Skyrim LE thread. Everything that has been just posted is for LE. That includes this:

Skyrim LE only, sorry champ.

i'm doing a enderal run , which is Skyrim LE too so please??

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

What? I don't understand the question. Install Sly's overlay file and apply them ingame as instructed above. It really doesn't get any easier.

i was talking about tail and face stripes

58 minutes ago, D C said:

i was talking about tail

Tail stripes are simply done by replacing the tail textures with alternate ones with the stripes built-in. Those cannot be tinted ingame or anything but it's the only way to add them considering the chances of RaceMenu adding overlay support for exotic body parts are exactly −273.15° C (or −459.67° F).

face stripes

Overlays do work on heads even if they are buggy and can cause CTDs sometimes (most notably when a (N)PC with them gets decapitated), so that's not an issue. And even if head overlays were disabled, they can still be added as standard face tints instead (which BTW is something I've done already and which I think will be in the next update, separate from the actual overlays themselves).

Speaking of face tints...

NanamiV2.png

Yes, I finally got off my lazy ass and added the FO4 freckles and the latest warpaint (the Mirror's Edge one, not pictured) to Skyrim. Also added Sly's nose stripes to the Dirt slider, because Bad Dog had a great idea when he added the Lykaios face patterns there and the only Dirt texture we had is crap anyway.

With the freckles and the neck stripes (now added the Neck Color slider too), that leaves all tint sliders enabled and working, though some of them could still use better maps if we ever get them (e.g. one of the eye shadow tints is barely visible because most of the tint ends up in the eye socket behind the eye mesh itself, and also some of the Argonian leftover tints don't fit the head that well either IMO).

Also yes, can confirm the new file seems to work and the stripes look good. :classic_smile:

On 1/6/2020 at 7:33 PM, Blaze69 said:

brow options for the sharks

So it turns out that was easier than expected.

ShrkBrws.png

Came across some weirdness with the meshes and TRIs that made me seriously consider dropping it, but I found a way to fix it that didn't require tedious morph creation and TRI rebuilding ad nauseam so I got it done.

Uses vanilla human brow textures so any vanilla replacers should also work on shark brows. Can also work with mod-added new brow options (assuming they match the vanilla brow UV) but would require a patch.

Fins and fin rings had to be moved to the facial hair slot, as they used the "Brows" one but we have proper brows now. There doesn't seem to be any downside to the change and NPCs seem to work fine at first glance, but I'll have to run through them to check. The Scars slider is still unused; the way scars are made is pretty similar to the one for brows so in theory I would be able to make those too, but it would require a ton of UV work to get the scars to look good and I'm not willing to put it in for the time being, so it shall remain that way for a while longer. I don't rule it out completely either, though, so there's that.

Also bonus shots, because why not:

Spoiler

ShrkBrws1.png

ShrkBrws2.png

Going to be making a new tail mesh at some point in the near future, so feel free to leave some references or suggestions like I don't know tail shape, thickness, maybe you want an anus on the tail instead, etc?

I believe the tail is all that is left over from the first shark race mod. That and the back fin, so may as well replace that too.

Also, new male heads will be worked on after that for both Skyrim and FO4.

2 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Going to be making a new tail mesh at some point in the near future, so feel free to leave some references or suggestions like I don't know tail shape, thickness, maybe you want an anus on the tail instead, etc?

I believe the tail is all that is left over from the first shark race mod. That and the back fin, so may as well replace that too.

Also, new male heads will be worked on after that for both Skyrim and FO4.

Can you make shoulder blades?

The tail looks good for now though

On 1/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, Blaze69 said:

Should be yours as far as I know, but if you still have your edit at hand do send it my way and I'll double-check in case I mixed it up with the old mesh or something.

6 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

this is the most up to date mesh i have (turns out the one in the pm was a older attempt) :

tailf.nif

On 1/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, Blaze69 said:

like the possible idea of pubic hair(even if that likely won't be a part of the mod at all),

Yeah, chances are it won't. There's other mods that can take care of it already, they should all work on Selachii out of the box or after some minor tweaking, and I don't really see a reason to do it myself as it wouldn't be any better than those anyway.

Here, let me demonstrate.

Spoiler

FireCrotch.jpg

Works out of the box. ?

4 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

it will in most cases if not all clip through armor and clothing

This, plus not being able to properly blend it with the arm (or whatever part of the body it's on) without a custom body made specifically for it are the main reasons I'm not really interested in "extra" fins around the body. If you want to make them I can try to rig them, but that's it.

EDIT: oof, don't know what happened here but this is in reply to Nightro's post below.

8 hours ago, D C said:

Can you make shoulder blades?

I can make some and have the tail, back fin, and hmm... I think you mean elbow fins? Anyhow, I can make them all with shared UVs and the extra fin part can be option. However, that is up to @Blaze69 and it will in most cases if not all clip through armor and clothing, but the back fin does the same anyways.

8 hours ago, D C said:

The tail looks good for now though

It's pretty good, but I still see some area for improvement.

15 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Some thick shark tail references. Close to anus or with anus, whichever way you all want it. If with anus, then may as well do an Argonian tail too..

I'd say adding the anus on the tail, while a great idea, would only work out if we could actually blend the tail with the body in a 100% seamless way, something which is impossible without a custom body mesh with a built-in tail (and even then I don't think Skyrim's tail animations and placement would allow for it). Better to just leave it on the body instead.

As for thickness, I agree it should have some meat/muscle in there, but we can't go too far either because Skyrim tails are basically "pin the tail on the donkey" stuff, so characters dragging around a hunk of meat like that can get jarring if we overdo it.

For the tail design itself, I think having only the caudal fin feels a bit bare, so adding a secondary dorsal fin and maybe "anal fins" too (meaning the ones tagged as such in the image below, as they wouldn't really fit that description since the anus would be on the body) could be a good idea. Would have to see how well they play with animations, though.

(For reference, here's a diagram of a (feral/real) shark's anatomy:)

Spoiler

1920px-Parts_of_a_shark.svg.png

In other news, seems like our idea of "dorsal fins only stiffen when swimming and are floppy/flexible otherwise" made up to explain how they could adapt to clothing and contraptions built for humanoids without fins on their back may actually have a (thin, but still present) basis in reality.

During fast swimming, when the problems of yaw and roll are greatest, hydrostatic pressure within the shark increases and the fibers around the body, including in the dorsal fin, become taut, thereby stiffening the fin. During slow swimming and feeding the hydrostatic pressure is reduced, the fibers are slackened, and the muscles are able to exert greater bending forces on the fin via the radials and ceratotrichia.

From Dorsal fin in the white shark, Carcharodon carcharias: A dynamic stabilizer for fast swimming.

(Not really relevant, I just came across that when searching for info on shark tails and thought it was an interesting fact).

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'd say adding the anus on the tail, while a great idea, would only work out if we could actually blend the tail with the body in a 100% seamless way, something which is impossible without a custom body mesh with a built-in tail (and even then I don't think Skyrim's tail animations and placement would allow for it). Better to just leave it on the body instead.

Maybe we can run a few test as far as thickness goes. As for seamless, remember what we did with the head fins? So long as your fine with mandatory normal maps we can do the same and bake normal maps that has a portion of the butt with both the tail and body, then you can blend it with an existing body normal map(s).