1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Am I missing something? I can't seem to find the overlays in RaceMenu

Dunno what to tell you aside from "works on my machine." You sure you are looking at the right places? They are under body paint, foot paint and face paint (or makeup if you don't have face paint enabled),

ASSD out.

Dab.jpg

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Alright, so here's my take on RM overlay stripes.

I was wondering if you'll make them yourself before I could; guess now I have the answer, lol.

Anyhow, I'll check them out as soon as I get the chance, but I assume they will work fine.

Facepaints also included as warpaints in case you don't want to use head overlays since they cause CTD if someone gets decapitated. Warpaint versions are a bit crappier though.

Yeah, I was considering making the neck stripes (and I guess now your nose stripes too) into "standard" face tints/paints to the race data to avoid issues with head overlays. I can still ship both as the overlays will look better overall, but for anyone that would rather not risk CTDing or some other head-overlay-induced-bug, the paints should be good enough.

And as you can see from the screenshot, I also included (crappy) nose ridge overlay. There's alternative one with 4 stripes instead too, preview here:

I'd say it looks good, but if you'd rather have them be even and symmetric like the body stripes are, I could project-paint them using Mudbox. I could use a "stencil" textures with the stripes as they would be supposed to be painted on the head, and then it should be pretty easy to do.

Main caveat here is that tail wont get stripes since RM only supports overlays for head, body, feet and hands.

I'm still thinking about what to do about the tail. Maybe if the overlays/warpaints work well enough instead of doing a full texture replacer I can add an optional tail-only texture replacer and let people combine it with the overlays (or not, since striped tails with plain bodies is something I think I've seen in pics as well).

1 hour ago, Valehyena said:

Throw me another ref of a shark texture you guys wanna see, i got some time. 

Well, there's the reference pic I posted two pages back (reposted here for convenience):

Spoiler

image0.jpg

And also the suggestion for Leopard Shark markings, which I don't have any (anthro) references for yet. I can search for some if you want to give that one a shot sometime soon too, though. :classic_shy:

32 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

This is all that's listed in body paints

Well I dunno then, the plugin and script are made exactly the same way as any other RM overlay plugin. Have you tried other overlays like Coenaculi or Community Overlays? I didn't include racemenuload.pex since that's supposedly not needed according to expired. It's kinda 50/50 if other RM overlay packages include it so I don't know if it's actually needed.

25 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'd say it looks good, but if you'd rather have them be even and symmetric like the body stripes are, I could project-paint them using Mudbox. I could use a "stencil" textures with the stripes as they would be supposed to be painted on the head, and then it should be pretty easy to do.

I was trying to go for a normal stripe like the bodies and neck have but it ended up looking like some weird fish tail which while yes is fitting wasn't exactly what I was after. I kinda dig how it ended up looking though but I certainly wouldn't mind normal stripes as 3rd alternative either.

37 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Have you tried other overlays like Coenaculi or Community Overlays? I didn't include racemenuload.pex since that's supposedly not needed according to expired. It's kinda 50/50 if other RM overlay packages include it so I don't know if it's actually needed.

I can give it a try and see if it works

(Edit) I tried other overlays, they seem to work just fine, but still nothing called shark stripes, I give up.

36 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I can give it a try and see if it works

(Edit) I tried other overlays, they seem to work just fine, but still nothing called shark stripes, I give up.

I know it's sort obvious.

But have you tried just manually installing them, to make sure they are in the right folder?

6 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

So it looks like the ESP you packed is actually empty, which means there's no (otherwise empty) start-enabled quest to force the overlay-adding script to be read and run by the game, which would explain @TheLastKhajiit's issues getting them to load.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

So it looks like the ESP you packed is actually empty, which means there's no (otherwise empty) start-enabled quest to force the overlay-adding script to be read and run by the game, which would explain @TheLastKhajiit's issues getting them to load.

...the hell, where did CK put that quest then because it has to exist somewhere considering it loads in my setup. But yeah, apparently the plugin was empty, my bad, here's a fix.

Shark Stripes RM Overlays Fix.7z

2 hours ago, D C said:

so can anyone teach how to use those LM files?

First, it's RaceMenu. LooksMenu is only for FO4.

Second, you need to download and install Sly's Overlay plugin and the Fix patch above, go to the "Body Paints" tab in RaceMenu, highlight one of the slots, press "T", and select one of the shark paints from the list. First colored diamond to the right of the tint name controls glow, second one controls color and opacity of the overlay (without glow); click on them to open a RGBA color selector and pick the color you want. Do the same for head and feet to get the other overlays.

43 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

what would you like?

Do note that females from the FO4 version of the mod uses CBBE textures, so while the layout isn't exactly the same as in Skyrim (some differences around the neck, for example), most tints or markings made for Skyrim's UNP should also work on FO4 unless they are particularly complex or happen to fall in the few areas in which CBBE and UNP UVs are very different. And even then, I have a "CBBE to UUNP and UUNP to CBBE" texture conversion project in Blender that should take care of those problematic ones.* So whatever markings DC suggests doing can be done for Skyrim first and then ported to FO4 CBBE afterwards.

*-> As I've mentioned before, IMO going from CBBE to UUNP usually looks like crap compared to the opposite (i.e. UUNP to CBBE), so I still think textures should be made for UNP first to be ported to CBBE (Skyrim's or FO4's alike) afterwards.

FO4 males can be problematic, though, as their texture doesn't match SOS' own and would need a separate texture set for them. But the rough layout of the body should be similar enough to allow porting them if you include source PSDs like with the stripes, and worst case scenario some work on Mudbox can probably take care of whatever's not doable directly on GIMP/Photoshop themselves.

1 hour ago, Valehyena said:

what would you like?

well whatever the best you can do for fallout 4

and sadly tail and face are the only thing fallout 4 which i couldn't touch with tattoos or anything

so give us anything you can and we'all love it anyway

Blaze how did beardofscrates made his race in fallout 4 compatible with face tattoos?

9 minutes ago, D C said:

Blaze how did beardofscrates made his race in fallout 4 compatible with face tattoos?

He made the fox head UV as close to the vanilla human head one as he could and then edited the tattoo textures that wouldn't fit so they would look good. So basically by creating fox-compatible versions of the vanilla textures.

I don't like the vanilla tattoos/paints so I don't think I would be willing to work on getting them ported for the sharks, at least not anytime soon, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Second, you need to download and install Sly's Overlay plugin and the Fix patch above,

I the new archive actually contains everything needed. Though I'd just reupload it since I tweaked one of the nose overlays too since it was off-color compared to rest and it bothered me. Also because it compresses ridiculously well so I saw no reason to keep the old broken one.

E: I should probably also mention that the stripes work wonderfully on other races too, especially argonians. ?

If Vale makes more patterns, I'd like to make a pack of various overlays from them since they are pretty universal and look damn good. Should be pretty easy to just add more now that I have a plugin and script already, just add them to script and compile.

18 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

NoseStripes.jpg

Shark Stripes RM Overlays Fix.7z 173.5 kB · 9 downloads

Pretty much all credit to @Valehyena for these.

I included alternative body overlay for females since the back stripes cut off by default. The original stripes are included as "Shark Stripes Male".

Facepaints also included as warpaints in case you don't want to use head overlays since they cause CTD if someone gets decapitated. Warpaint versions are a bit crappier though.

And yes, glowmap works so you can be a rave shark if you want:

Reveal hidden contents

Rave.jpg

And as you can see from the screenshot, I also included (crappy) nose ridge overlay. There's alternative one with 4 stripes instead too, preview here:

Reveal hidden contents

4Stripes.jpg

Main caveat here is that tail wont get stripes since RM only supports overlays for head, body, feet and hands.

so how are the pics with stripes above are possible ??

and can you share the preset for the third pic if you don't mind?

22 minutes ago, D C said:

so how are the pics with stripes above are possible ??

What? I don't understand the question. Install Sly's overlay file and apply them ingame as instructed above. It really doesn't get any easier.