4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

The human schlongs do have the proper link to HDT collision files, but they use the paths from Bazinga's Naturalistic HDT preset (as it includes custom-fit XMLs for the Regular addon they are based on that work better than generic ones). So either install the Naturalistic file or edit the paths in the nifs to point to the generic male XML instead.

Well..I've noticed one thing..the human schlongs for males work fine, for females, they don't. The thing is, after sifting around the nif files, the schlongs for males do point to the XML needed, but the female schlongs don't have that line.(or branch..I think..?) I've been trying to copy that one line from the similar male schlongs to the female ones, but have had no such luck..they'd always show up as something completely different. Is it even possible to somehow copy a branch from one nif to another? Because I have no idea how to create a branch from scratch to make it work...

8 hours ago, Dagon123 said:

What you mean by that 

Sometimes I get a CTD when trying to select an area of the face to edit it.

At first I thought it only happened with face bones that are actually missing from the head (the ones that can't be found by mousing over the head and can only be selected from the list), in which case the solution would be to simply only click on the face itself and not use the list. But I've also gotten a handful of CTDs when clicking directly on the head, so I'm not sure.

The race is playable and functional otherwise, and most face areas can be edited just fine. But I'd like to figure out what the hell is going on there so I can fix it.

5 hours ago, Taven said:

I've been trying to copy that one line from the similar male schlongs to the female ones, but have had no such luck..they'd always show up as something completely different.

You need the latest version of NifSkope, that way you will be able to copy-paste the NiStringExtraData line without screwing up the text.

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

No idea on scenes yet, but I'll have to look into them at some point. Moreso considering IIRC most FO4 dialogues are actually set as scenes, though AFAIK it's not a hard requirement so you can still make "normal" dialogues. But it would come in handy for it.

i assume it's because the player has a voice in fo4.

anyways the SLD update had a fun side effect on Hentai Creature's Dragon: it/they can talk now.

it will be interesting to see what other mods have been "effected" by it :naughty:

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:
15 hours ago, Dagon123 said:

What you mean by that 

Sometimes I get a CTD when trying to select an area of the face to edit it.

At first I thought it only happened with face bones that are actually missing from the head (the ones that can't be found by mousing over the head and can only be selected from the list), in which case the solution would be to simply only click on the face itself and not use the list. But I've also gotten a handful of CTDs when clicking directly on the head, so I'm not sure.

The race is playable and functional otherwise, and most face areas can be edited just fine. But I'd like to figure out what the hell is going on there so I can fix it

Ah ok was just wondering becuase I'm also a fan of sharks too other then just dragons which I love and am excited to play and us this mod in my next playthrough of FO4 so can't wait to play it whenever it come out 

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Those are some Grade A+ shark titties, I have to say. Not that I expected any less. Kudos. :classic_tongue:

Aye.

Carrier2.png.064721d6ffbb4434a1e5db2c9662c411.png

"You know anything about topology? Well, I'm sure there is more you can learn...."

Carrier3.png.ab8e71f965840332c449a64db103ea62.png

"Right, the Captain's ordering an inspection Sailor. Let me know if you feel...I mean, find anything unusual."

Carrier4.png.16361d5e3f5a9f45bce7459cd3bafc86.png

"What? You think the heels are a bad idea? What about the miniskirt? The General said it was fine. Good man. LOVED Dogs."

Switched to Fusion Girl, and I think I'm going to stick with it. Would having a bodyslide option for it be fairly easy, or....?

3 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Switched to Fusion Girl, and I think I'm going to stick with it. Would having a bodyslide option for it be fairly easy, or....?

The textures should be fully compatible already, as I added the required bits and everything else is the same as CBBE, so worst case scenario it should work when paired with the "Human Feet" skin option from LooksMenu (because it actually changes the PC back to using the default/human body path).

As for making a Bodyslide set for the beast feet body, I will look into it. Base shape of the legs and feet on FG is not the same as CBBE and I don't know if I will be able to blend the seam and get the bone weights right, but I'll try.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

The textures should be fully compatible already, as I added the required bits and everything else is the same as CBBE, so worst case scenario it should work when paired with the "Human Feet" skin option from LooksMenu (because it actually changes the PC back to using the default/human body path).

Seems like the textures do work fine, save for maybe the fingernails being a bit off, though I could be mistaken about that. Have not looked into or used Looksmenu's skin options at all, but I'll take a look at that. 

Also used this physics preset, which seems to give a much better bounce, at least over the CBP mod by itself, MTM CBP Physics Preset. Even worked with that Navy outfit, though I didn't look at any of the shirt only options yet.

Carrier5.png.46599b29bd84d812a79ffedd435d252c.png

Update on the mentioned jacket for this outfit - more a tactical shirt, but still in that direction. Also of note for the USS Eden mod - the ship has a built in power source(Gives 600 power), but you have to wire it yourself - all of the existing lights work, but any additional ones you build won't. I have a mod that allows connectors to go through walls, Wall Pass-Through Power Conduits, which made it a bit easier(the connector in the above shot, along with one just off-screen to the right, snap with a floor connector on the next level up). 

Also...

-Maybe have options to remove the leg straps(armor workbench), with options to remove one or both?

-On the same note, an option to remove the boots?

As for making a Bodyslide set for the beast feet body, I will look into it. Base shape of the legs and feet on FG is not the same as CBBE and I don't know if I will be able to blend the seam and get the bone weights right, but I'll try.

Well, I copied the base FG(replacing the vanilla female body) female mesh to cover the one that the Shark race uses, along with making a few edits(redirecting the .tri file, changing the material and textures used - even if that second one might be handled in-game by a texture set or whatever FO4's equivalent is). But I'd mostly prefer the human feet option, so I guess I really meant having a outfit/body option that can use Fusion Girl presets - the one I'm using being MTM Bodyslide Preset - UNPB like - Cleavage - Pushup. But obviously getting the beast feet mesh working with FG would be good too, for those that would want it.

Also going to add those images to the same blog post as before, just in case.

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

Seems like the textures do work fine, save for maybe the fingernails being a bit off, though I could be mistaken about that.

Hand textures are straight out of the Skyrim CBBE set, though IIRC I didn't change them much from the originals which were built for the UNP/vanilla Better Claws meshes, so maybe that's why the nails aren't completely dead-on. Also don't know if FG's hands are different from CBBE ones somehow.

Have not looked into or used Looksmenu's skin options at all, but I'll take a look at that. 

Yeah, I thought using that system was better than relying on a separate plugin like it did in previous versions. Just need to go to the body tab (with the shape triangle) and hit "Q". Should get a list of available skins, with the only option (so far) being "Shark Race - Human Feet". It will change the player to using the default/vanilla path for the female naked body, which obviously means they will get human feet too. And will also allow for insta-Fusion Girl or Atomic Body compatibility without the need to make Bodyslide sets for them (though obviously they won't have beast feet).

This LooksMenu skin system is pretty neat, could allow for some interesting customization that isn't/can't be available in Skyrim. For example, if we ever got alt tail or back fin shapes or body markings that also need to cover the tail (and thus can't work as simple body overlays), it can be used to allow the PC to access them easily on runtime.

-Maybe have options to remove the leg straps(armor workbench), with options to remove one or both?

Think I'll look into splitting the options up so they can be toggled separately. It would be holster / left leg plate / kneepads. Shouldn't take long, and more customization is always better.

Also want to look into replacing the holstered Deliverer with something better (and hopefully modern). Just doesn't look right to me. And maybe check if I can make the holster compatible with "Visible Weapons" mods, though that would depend on the weapon placement they chose and whether it looks good with the current holster position.

-On the same note, an option to remove the boots?

Hmm. Not sure about that. If I do, I would have to make an alternate "barefoot" mesh for each top option, plus beast feet variants as well (because the outfit is meant for Selachii after all, even if end up releasing it as standalone at some point).

I may consider doing it for the "no top" option so you can basically combine the pants with stuff from other mods (like for example Jmenaru's/Vtaw's tops and the K-Girl Shoes), but it would be for that one top option only.

But obviously getting the beast feet mesh working with FG would be good too, for those that would want it.

As I said, I'll look into it, but no promises so far.

6 minutes ago, CassyBaerr said:

So I seem to be having a massive issue. I keep getting a CTD when I try to select Selachii as a race, specifically with a female character. Do you have an idea on what could be causing that?

Did you make sure to install all the requirements (especially XPMSE)? Does that happen with any other races? I would need your mod list/load order too.

10 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Did you make sure to install all the requirements (especially XPMSE)? Does that happen with any other races? I would need your mod list/load order too.

I had everything down, and weirdly i found it.  "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - COMPLETE FULL" was the reason for the CTD. I'll still provide my load order if you'd like. But yes, i had all the requirements I made sure several times. Also, no, i had the succubus race installed and it worked perfectly fine. 

28 minutes ago, CassyBaerr said:

I had everything down, and weirdly i found it.  "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - COMPLETE FULL" was the reason for the CTD. I'll still provide my load order if you'd like. But yes, i had all the requirements I made sure several times. Also, no, i had the succubus race installed and it worked perfectly fine. 

Well, if the issue is solved, there's no need for load order or whatever. Do make sure to post it right away if you come across any similar issues, though; that should speed up the troubleshooting process a bit (and note that this applies to all mods, not just this one).

No idea why a mod like that could conflict with this, but with Skyrim you never know. :classic_dodgy:

3 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Well, if the issue is solved, there's no need for load order or whatever. Do make sure to post it right away if you come across any similar issues, though; that should speed up the troubleshooting process a bit (and note that this applies to all mods, not just this one).

No idea why a mod like that could conflict with this, but with Skyrim you never know. :classic_dodgy:

Any Bethesda game is like that. 
speaking of the Selachii mod, i'm hyped for the FO4 version!

24 minutes ago, CassyBaerr said:

speaking of the Selachii mod, i'm hyped for the FO4 version!

Well, glad to hear there's hype for it, lol. :classic_shy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, I'm currently finishing up some touches, but the mod should be mostly final/release-ready now. Mostly just a matter of getting everything ready for a release. Still can't give an ETA yet, though.

Also, while I'm at it, here are some of the FO4 shark pics I've taken so far. Not all of them are shark-focused (i.e. display the race and its features), but all of them involve sharks, so that should be good enough.

New Freckles paint/overlay:

Bubbles_Freckles.png

Dev pic of a new paint I'm working on:

Spoiler

unknown.png

(Tattoo and runner outfit sold separately)

Navy Outfit shots:

Shark_Tac.png

Spoiler

Mako_1.png

Random shots:

Bubbles_1.png

Spoiler

Bubbles_2.png

Shark_Hoodie_1.png

Spoiler

Shark_Hoodie_2.png

Shark_Hoodie_3.png

(as inspired by this):

Spoiler

5f4c577b5b965241075432373055733f.jpg

Nanami_Scuba.png

Spoiler

Nanami_Sis.png

Bubbles_Traci.png

2 hours ago, CassyBaerr said:

I had everything down, and weirdly i found it.  "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - COMPLETE FULL" was the reason for the CTD.

Since that's just textures, educated guess would be that you ran out of memory when switching to Selachii since they use higher-than-vanilla resolution skin textures by default.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Speaking of which, I'm currently finishing up some touches, but the mod should be mostly final/release-ready now.

That wetsuit fits and looks pretty good on them, I have to say.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:15 AM, Dagon123 said:

Oh another question I have Will this use the same vanilla skeleton as say for instance the vulpine race skeleton does to keep it compatible with most other mods 

Oof. Sorry about this, totally forgot to reply. :classic_wacko:

Yeah, FO4 Selachii don't actually use any custom skeletons or anything, and they point to the vanilla skeleton path, so they will be compatible with any replacers like the CBBE Knee Fix or the ZeX Skeleton.

If at some point a custom skeleton is made that includes proper support for tails, I'll probably add it to the race and/or make it a requirement, but for now any skeleton will work fine.

1 hour ago, Dagon123 said:

Meh my take at some Shark pic for Skyrim 

Well, not a bad take at all, I'd say. :classic_shy: