20 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I didn't save the sparkleshark abominations for obvious reasons since the clashing colors were just to show where the overlays are. Besides, it's just one of these with different hair, colors and minor tweaks to face.

BangSub.jpg

thanks lol

not gonna mess around

SharkOverlaysV3.jpg

I decided to fiddle with this a bit more so have a new and improved(?) Shark Overlays.

SharkOverlaysV3.7z

Changelog from V2:

Spoiler

New stuff:

- 'Shark Stripes Body Full Female' overlay that extends the backs stripes and adds hip stripes

- 'Shark Stripes Nose Quadruple Straight' head overlay and warpaint

- 'Shark Whites Hand Female' hand overlay

Changes:

- All stripe overlays retouched and made uniform in color, this should get rid of any artifacts that were present in previous versions and make coloring them more consistent

- Smoothed the edges of all stripes, they should blend a tiny bit better but still not perfect

- Restructured the file and overlay names, should be more logical and consistent now

- Warpaint versions redone, should be somewhat better now but head overlays will always be superior

- Very minor tweaks to 'Shark Whites Head Female'

I'd still want to tweak the body and head whites more, the chest area for example is a tad blocky and the head around nasal area has weird UV layout which makes it difficult adjust. Also male versions of extended stripes and maybe whites but these take surprising amount of time and effort so that's just maybe in the future, seeing as how I don't really use males and it will always look bad with schlongs.

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

SharkOverlaysV3.jpg

I decided to fiddle with this a bit more so have a new and improved(?) Shark Overlays.

SharkOverlaysV3.7z 628.02 kB · 3 downloads

Changelog from V2:

Hide contents

New stuff:

- 'Shark Stripes Body Full Female' overlay that extends the backs stripes and adds hip stripes

- 'Shark Stripes Nose Quadruple Straight' head overlay and warpaint

- 'Shark Whites Hand Female' hand overlay

Changes:

- All stripe overlays retouched and made uniform in color, this should get rid of any artifacts that were present in previous versions and make coloring them more consistent

- Smoothed the edges of all stripes, they should blend a tiny bit better but still not perfect

- Restructured the file and overlay names, should be more logical and consistent now

- Warpaint versions redone, should be somewhat better now but head overlays will always be superior

- Very minor tweaks to 'Shark Whites Head Female'

I'd still want to tweak the body and head whites more, the chest area for example is a tad blocky and the head around nasal area has weird UV layout which makes it difficult adjust. Also male versions of extended stripes and maybe whites but these take surprising amount of time and effort so that's just maybe in the future, seeing as how I don't really use males and it will always look bad with schlongs.

wish we could do something more with the tail stripes

47 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I tried to reproduce him myself, I think I did okay, but the colors seem off

It's just the 3rd male from the dudes I made a while ago with added stripes.

Keep in mind that my whole gimmick is making stuff look better than you'd think Creation Engine is capable of and ENB/weather/lighting has a huge impact on how characters look.

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

It's just the 3rd male from the dudes I made a while ago with added stripes.

Keep in mind that my whole gimmick is making stuff look better than you'd think Creation Engine is capable of and ENB/weather/lighting has a huge impact on how characters look.

Really? I thought it might be because of the facial marking but the color was/is so different cause of the ENB, but I still like how he turned out anyway

Theres nudity in here

Spoiler

20200119155856_1.jpg.20e95ed9a2af72e9f55cb8f9a4c54acf.jpg20200119155818_1.jpg.4d10e87f6039a5043053bf071d1a2181.jpg

1 hour ago, Tail Blehczar said:

Assuming these are only UNP?

UNP for females, SOS for males yes, though I would assume that the non-"full" stripes look fine on CBBE too. It's mostly the hip area and chest that has different UV mapping.

I would also assume that SAM uses SOS's UV mapping since they were made by the same guy but I wouldn't know for sure.

E: By the way, has anyone tried using these in SE? I think they should work as-is aside from warpaints since SE dropped DXT1 support. And no, you don't need to convert the .esp.

3 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

UNP for females, SOS for males yes, though I would assume that the non-"full" stripes look fine on CBBE too. It's mostly the hip area and chest that has different UV mapping.

I would also assume that SAM uses SOS's UV mapping since they were made by the same guy but I wouldn't know for sure.

E: By the way, has anyone tried using these in SE? I think they should work as-is aside from warpaints since SE dropped DXT1 support. And no, you don't need to convert the .esp.

IDK why but i was getting ctd too

2 hours ago, D C said:

IDK why but i was getting ctd too

• Try converting DXT1 to DXT5 or BC7. There's plenty of tools that automate this.
  • Remove warpaints completely from the script and recompile it.
  • You told me that you CTD on changing hairs on sharks, your setup doesn't seem overall very stable or good test environment.
3 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:
  • Try converting DXT1 to DXT5 or BC7. There's plenty of tools that automate this.
  • Remove warpaints completely from the script and recompile it.
  • You told me that you CTD on changing hairs on sharks, your setup doesn't seem overall very stable or good test environment.

ya but now any saves with female shark just ctd 

15 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

[...]

You know, I'm usually not a fan of non-common color palettes (aka "sparkledogs"), but I think this one turned out great, lol.

Also is this specific color palette selection intentional in any way? Because it reminds me of something... :classic_rolleyes:

(Would need the golden markings on the snout and the lower belly to finish the look, though).

7 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Also is this specific color palette selection intentional in any way?

Inspired by heavy metal and the million black-and-red dragons I see frequently in FA frontpage.

8 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Because it reminds me of something... :classic_rolleyes:

(Would need the golden markings on the snout and the lower belly to finish the look, though).

Well, color me interested. I have no idea what you actually have in mind, don't think I'm familiar with whatever it is?

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Inspired by heavy metal and the million black-and-red dragons I see frequently in FA frontpage.

Huh. Well I guess it's no wonder, those two colors work together pretty well and just look cool.

I do wonder if Duke has anything to do with it too or it's just a consequence of it like the others, though.

Well, color me interested. I have no idea what you actually have in mind, don't think I'm familiar with whatever it is?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140329040416

Funnily enough I don't think I've seen any anthro one I liked (yet?), so maybe just having a Selachii do a "cosplay" of it will be as good as it gets, lol. :classic_wacko:

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I do wonder if Duke has anything to do with it too or it's just a consequence of it like the others, though.

Just part of black and red being the edgiest complimenting colors. It's very popular color scheme for "evil" and "edgy" characters and things because it just works, though that also makes it cliché and overused but can't fault 'em.

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Selachii do a "cosplay"

Spoiler

PocketMonster.jpg

roar

I have to admit that I don't really know my pocket monsters from gen 2 onwards, original Gold was the last one I played.

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Just part of black and red being the edgiest complimenting colors. It's very popular color scheme for "evil" and "edgy" characters and things because it just works, though that also makes it cliché and overused but can't fault 'em.

Fair enough, I guess. And yeah, can't fault them either, as I said it does look good. Same as teal and orange; it's a cliché but it's so because it works in the first place so there is a reason to overuse it.

Reveal hidden contents

Heh. Guess that's it. Wonder if I can bug Nightro about making the head-fins-slash-jet-wing-fuel-tank thingies as an extra customization option/easter egg. Or maybe just try creating them myself even though they will most certainly look like crap in that case.

Garchomp is one of the two 'mons I'd like to replicate in Skyrim at some point, both because I like it, I haven't seen any anthro design I really liked, and using the Selachii as a base should make it much easier. The other is Latias/Latios (IIRC those two are supposed to be different species but I consider them the same, just with some serious sexual dimorphism).

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

[...]

Ooh, nice! Love how that black/white combo turned out. So far I haven't really used black skin tones because A) the belly gets darkened too much as well and B) my ENB doesn't really like black skin tones in the first place, but I may give a shot at it using the overlays.

Also, that looks somewhat orca-y. Did you go for that for anything in particular? Just wondering. :classic_rolleyes:

(Also also, maybe I should thinkg about doing an "orca eye"-like warpaint for use with this skin setup)

AKA I tweaked the body whites no nipple overlay. Does this look any better than the previous (shitty) one? Might cover a tad too much areola.

I'll admit I haven't gotten around to trying those out yet too busy working on FO4 mashups for custom races that will probably never happen, but that looks pretty good to me. Will get back at you once I've tried the previous one, but otherwise this can be a keeper.

28 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Also, that looks somewhat orca-y. Did you go for that for anything in particular? Just wondering. :classic_rolleyes:

No particular reason, I just felt like doing an orca while testing the improved(?) no nipple overlay and slapping stripes on it too because why not.

29 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

(Also also, maybe I should thinkg about doing an "orca eye"-like warpaint for use with this skin setup)

Yes please, looking forward to freckles and Faith's tattoos too! I was actually thinking that this might look decent with freckles too which is why I left the nose empty for now. Not that I know if this is going to become yet another character since she's just the not!Syrena with Emissary's hair and some overlays slapped on and named 'Orcaptain',

1 minute ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Yes please, looking forward to freckles and Faith's tattoos too! I was actually thinking that this might look decent with freckles too which is why I left the nose empty for now.

Oh crap, right, I haven't released those yet, lol. :classic_wacko: I'll see what I can do. Been a while since I last touched the Skyrim files, had to put it on hold because RL kept me busy for a while and then I've been sidetracked by FO4 ever since. Can't help it, the "Ooh, shiny!" effect is too strong, lol.