15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

blood stain

That was actually what made me want to revisit this theme. And the time of the year obviously.

I stumbled upon some nifty face overlays while doing the painted lizard and though "hey, I should probably do some vampires since it's October and one of my sharks is canonically a vampire." Also wanted to see how different my style is compared to 6 or so months ago in a sort of before-after kind of way.

Spoiler

HSaika1.jpg.e18922172af85148c222ae3dd72f85ea.jpg

SaikaVampire6.jpg.643242b1f2dfd9d523cf92b82474433d.jpg

I also really wanted to recreate this one since it's one of my favorites which is why the fact that Raven Castle's fireplaces don't act as actual light sources annoyed me so much. This one is from Volkihar Castle somewhere, probably Serana's room, which I assume is fixed by Relighting Skyrim. I guess I expected too much from one of the most popular castle mods in Nexus. ?

SaikaVampire5.jpg.253cc6c14c9047a216caa0c25234b1e0.jpg

??

ws1.jpg.e5f519be256407d40e8f7494266c5287.jpg

Spoiler

ws2.jpg.273411b908c20ec16e2a6fc9ca7b2157.jpg

This random shark kinda became a testbench for various wigs apparently.

Also if suggestions for features are still accepted, I though that race-specific RaceMenu overlays would be pretty nifty. Two that came into mind while were the belly/neck area as separate overlay so that you could color it individually and have killer whale color scheme for example and stripes since what @Tail Blehczar did previously looked pretty damn fine.

FO4 version seems to be coming along nicely too!

58 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

??

ws1.jpg.e5f519be256407d40e8f7494266c5287.jpg

Yet another strike of the evil 404 Error. Sundays are usually a bad day for the LL servers in the first place, so chances are that doesn't help either. I'd upload the pics somewhere else or wait until things cool down before trying to upload anything here again.

Also if suggestions for features are still accepted

Suggestions are always accepted, but the chance of me fulfilling them is slim. Usually because of my lack of skills and not of eagerness to do it, mind you, but still. :classic_unsure:

I though that race-specific RaceMenu overlays would be pretty nifty. Two that came into mind while were the belly/neck area as separate overlay so that you could color it individually and have killer whale color scheme for example and stripes since what @Tail Blehczar did previously looked pretty damn fine.

Custom overlays is something I've wanted to look into for a while, but I haven't managed to bring myself to putting work into it just yet. Stripes would be the main focus, but I'd also like to have Leopard Shark-like spots/markings. Still, don't expect them to happen anytime soon, if ever, unfortunately.

Thanks. And yeah, it is. Been working on it for a while alongside other stuff and I think it's nearing a release-worthy state.

Don't have an ETA yet, but all required permissions are secured and the race seems stable enough for a playthrough barring some chargen-related issues I can't really make heads or tails of (thanks to the stupid boneweight-based chargen system implemented by Bethesda. Face it, Todd, it doesn't just work :classic_dodgy:). Now it's just a matter of whether I get the urge to add/look into adding any other features and how long it takes me to get off my lazy ass and get the files packed, the description written and the pics taken.

So, like, pretty sure a release will happen before December, but that's as much as I can say for now.

17 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Yet another strike of the evil 404 Error.

Starting to get really annoyed of that and "insert image from URL" not working. ?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/638090772373176345/ws1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/638090776156569610/ws2.jpg

20 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Still, don't expect them to happen anytime soon, if ever, unfortunately.

Obviously I don't expect immediate magic to happen, just throwing the thoughts out there in case that hasn't come up before, never hurts. ?

25 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

stupid boneweight-based chargen system implemented by Bethesda. Face it, Todd, it doesn't just work :classic_dodgy:

All these """improvements""" big B has been putting in their more recent titles really make me wish that they dial it down a bit in future releases, aka Starfield and TES6, since I'd really like to see them be as malleable as older titles and I (not so) secretly want to see sharks there too.

9 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Note that the FO4 version will have lore and story to it too, it's not just thrown in for the sake of playing a shark in Fallout(maybe that was true at first, but once I got my hands on FO4 and the race....). Like the Skyrim version, I've created a blog for it - PROJECT HELIX - SELACHII DIVISION. I have a few pics of the race in that version too, here - FO4 - Shark Race.

58 minutes ago, Dagon123 said:

Question regarding the f4 version this shark race what body replacer will it require will it require cbbe and a male body replacer that idk of any yet 

The FO4 version of the mod does have female textures that work with CBBE - as it's UV layout is most common for the game. For males, both BodyTalk and EVB will work fine. Though I'm not sure about how it will work with vanilla bodies, but it might, since the mentioned mods might not be to far from vanilla in terms of the body textures mapping. 

Also, some screenshots.

Suna1.png.a1d527aadb9d2dc653d530556f4f39fe.png 

The face overlays are actually from Skin Feature Overlays. Not sure how all of them look with this race, but these look pretty good.

SpectacleIsland2.png.9c87d1365c5ef36a902a01f3a086e5b6.pngSpectacleIsland2a.png.60e2b1b3b7b31f2ffa0524239964c748.png

Along with a few mods to make Spectacle Island look a lot better, I have a few mods for some Halloween items, and hopefully I'll be able to put something together that looks good for more screenshots. Also going to throw these two into that linked blog post.

2 hours ago, Dagon123 said:

Question regarding the f4 version this shark race what body replacer will it require will it require cbbe and a male body replacer that idk of any yet 

As Kuroyami said, females use CBBE and males use BodyTalk2 by default.

Males should also be compatible with Enhanced Vanilla Bodies and with the actual vanilla bodies themselves. Females will also be compatible with anything that supports CBBE textures, i.e. Fusion Girl or Atomic Beauty (but not Wonder Body or Jane Bod).

There's also another caveat related to the beast feet. FO4 bodies have the feet built in, so the only way to get Selachii to use the beast feet meshes is to give them a custom body mesh with the feet included. I made a Bodyslide set and an alternate Nevernude variant for said body so you can customize it to your liking, but it's CBBE only (can't be bothered to make FG or AB versions). If you prefer human feet or want to use FG/AB instead, there will be an option in the LooksMenu to change the player to use a "Human Feet" body, which forces them to use whichever female body replacer is installed for human/default races (but it still needs to support CBBE textures).

Note that only females have beast feet for now so males will automatically use whichever male body is installed for humans, or the vanilla bodies if there is none.

8 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

sativa linked this in another thread:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99796

maybe it could help.

I'll make sure to give it a shot, then. Working on seeing if I can fix the stupid chargen crashes/bugs on the FO4 sharks but chances are I'll just fail at it and get frustrated, so hopefully my bad luck will have transfered to FO4 and the Skyrim CK will go back to working again now, lol.

Also I spy with my little eye a SLD update with new content, but also some issue you can't seem to solve. If the fix works, I'll look into helping you out with that. (If it doesn't, I can still look at the script sources themselves, but any edits that require the CK would have to be done on your end).

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

As Kuroyami said, females use CBBE and males use BodyTalk2 by default.

Males should also be compatible with Enhanced Vanilla Bodies and with the actual vanilla bodies themselves. Females will also be compatible with anything that supports CBBE textures, i.e. Fusion Girl or Atomic Beauty (but not Wonder Body or Jane Bod).

There's also another caveat related to the beast feet. FO4 bodies have the feet built in, so the only way to get Selachii to use the beast feet meshes is to give them a custom body mesh with the feet included. I made a Bodyslide set and an alternate Nevernude variant for said body so you can customize it to your liking, but it's CBBE only (can't be bothered to make FG or AB versions). If you prefer human feet or want to use FG/AB instead, there will be an option in the LooksMenu to change the player to use a "Human Feet" body, which forces them to use whichever female body replacer is installed for human/default races (but it still needs to support CBBE textures).

Note that only females have beast feet for now so males will automatically use whichever male body is installed for humans, or the vanilla bodies if there is none.

Ah ok thanks I mainly use cbbe anyways from r female so that fine as for the  male I thought one of the body replacers was deleted due to the mod author getting banned on nexus or something and for the tail does it use the same slot thing as the vulpine fox race does 

16 minutes ago, Dagon123 said:

as for the  male I thought one of the body replacers was deleted due to the mod author getting banned on nexus or something

Not really sure what you mean. Are you talking about Leito? I think I recall him and his mods being gone from Nexus for a while, but he made another account and uploaded everything again.

Still, the two supported male body mods for the race are BodyTalk2 (this is the recommended one) and Enhanced Vanilla Bodies (this was Leito's mod). Don't know of any other ones, but anything that uses the same UVs/textures as BT2 and EVB do should be compatible as well.

and for the tail does it use the same slot thing as the vulpine fox race does 

Yeah, the tail uses one of the extra slots, just like Vulpines. Some mod-added items may unequip the tail when worn, but there's simply no way around it considering FO4 never had a specific "Tail" slot like Skyrim did and mods aren't really consistent on what they use each "unused-in-vanilla" slot for.

The back fin also takes up another equipment slot like the tail, but that one uses the "Backpack" slot as designed by Bethesda (for example used by the Modern Military Backpacks from Creation Club), so it should only be hidden when wearing a backpack that would clip through it anyway, so it's not an issue.

58 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

If it doesn't, I can still look at the script sources themselves, but any edits that require the CK would have to be done on your end

i did not edit/add any scripts, i edited Durneviir's dialogue conditions to be usable on all dragons and added a ForceGreet Package called "aaaBendWillSeduceDragon" into the "DLC2TameDragon" quest's "DLC2TameDragonScene1"

it would/could/may be helpful to remove the "ride dragon" prompt when naked, or somehow get that multi choice black box menu thing to show up (Eg: The Tower Stone perk, vampire feed, Hentai Creatures)

edit: also i still have not gotten the "Paar teaching Oda" dialogue scene/s to run.

A shot of an outfit intended for the FO4 version of the mod. Also some technical information about the mod below as well. Hopefully not a problem. Not mentioning any story details yet, though at least one detail can be understood from the below shot. 

Carrier1a.png.093f6fca49cc1bcfedceebef90152b7f.png

The outfit is three parts at the moment, the cap, dogtags(necklace) and the main outfit. The main outfit has options for Weaves, addons, and linings(consistent with requiring AKWCR and Armorsmith Extended), and currently the top can be changed to one of several options, including topless, if desired(all part of the main outfit). An option for a jacket is being looked into, and bodyslide files for CBBE are likely once the main outfit is finalized options-wise. Not entirely sure of their placement in-game, but it can be an obvious detail on how these Selachii in the FO setting can be of great use to the Navy. 

Like the Skyrim version, the Selachii here also have a water breathing ability from the start. A mod such as, Clean Water of the Commonwealth, which has options to make water not radioactive is going to be recommended, alongside a alt-start mod, like Start Me Up - Alternate Start and Dialogue Overhaul, though playing as this race will be part of an optional plugin, so one can have Selachii NPCs, without playing one yourself. Additionally, a plugin currently exists at this point, where it changes a few in-game items to work with the Selachii, including mesh wise like the vanilla Patrolman's Sunglasses in the above shot - which currently requires the previously mentioned Armorsmith Extended and Eyewear and mask retexture.

The background in the above shot, however, is from this mod - USS Eden Aircraft Carrier Settlement.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

it would/could/may be helpful to remove the "ride dragon" prompt when naked, or somehow get that multi choice black box menu thing to show up (Eg: The Tower Stone perk, vampire feed, Hentai Creatures)

I'm not sure if the "ride" option can be swapped to a box menu, seeing how I don't recall that being possible with horses, but I guess I could look into it. Other mods have managed to enable looting in werewolf form while still keeping the "Feed" prompt, so if the Ride one is set up in a similar way, I may be able to reverse-engineer the way to fix it. No promises, but I'll look into it.

edit: also i still have not gotten the "Paar teaching Oda" dialogue scene/s to run.

No idea on scenes yet, but I'll have to look into them at some point. Moreso considering IIRC most FO4 dialogues are actually set as scenes, though AFAIK it's not a hard requirement so you can still make "normal" dialogues. But it would come in handy for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

41 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

A shot of an outfit intended for the FO4 version of the mod. Also some technical information about the mod below as well. Hopefully not a problem.

Sure, I'm fine with that. Actually I think it's a good thing, that way people can find out about the FO4 version before I even need to get everything packed and posted, lol. Once it's out, discussion on it should probably move to that file's thread, but in the meantime this one is fine. It's not like we would be disrupting any ongoing conversation or anything*

*-> while I still think Tail's and ASSD's pics are awesome, they are not a conversation or something that can be interrupted so there shouldn't be any problem with that. So they can keep posting as many as they want. :classic_rolleyes:

The outfit is three parts at the moment, the cap, dogtags(necklace) and the main outfit.

It should be noted that the dogtags shown here are not the final ones, as they come from a source that was originally uploaded to Nexus but taken down long ago and I don't know if permission issues were involved so I replaced them with an open perms alternative (sadly not as detailed as those, but still pretty serviceable).

Likewise, the cap comes from a non-kosher source (cough Rainbow 6 Siege rip cough) so it will have to be replaced or removed prior to at least Nexus release. I have yet to find a suitable replacement, so I may have to drop it, but hopefully I'll find one.

On top of that, also I'm looking into adding some tactical gear (i.e. vest + holster + leg pouch + kneepads) from the Dragonskin Tactical Outfit to complete the set, but I'm not happy with the result yet, and I won't be asking for permissions until I'm 100% sure I want to keep them in, so nothing is sure to happen for now.

bodyslide files for CBBE are likely once the main outfit is finalized options-wise.

For this, I'm kinda waiting for that "UniBoob" CBBE Reference body in the works to be released first, as otherwise the tops will get badly mangled by the sliders and I don't want that to happen.

In the meantime, female meshes are fit to Jmenaru's body preset.

Like the Skyrim version, the Selachii here also have a water breathing ability from the start. A mod such as, Clean Water of the Commonwealth, which has options to make water not radioactive is going to be recommended

Yeah, as mentioned here, they do have waterbreathing but only waterbreathing, i.e. they lack the "no radiation" effect of Aqua Boy/Girl (which also means the perk doesn't become useless). I do use the "radiation removed" version of CWoC myself and would suggest using it, but that's up to each user.

alongside a alt-start mod, like Start Me Up - Alternate Start and Dialogue Overhaul,

SMU will be strongly recommended, if not outright (soft) required. Won't force anyone to use it so the mod won't actually require it or anything, but the vanilla plot makes zero sense if the PC isn't human (which they obviously won't be if playing as a Selachii, duh).

This also means any content for the future/hypothetical quests added for the mod will probably assume the PC is just a random wastelander or just not make any assumptions about them being a Vault Dweller/pre-War "time traveler" if they are a Selachii.

though playing as this race will be part of an optional plugin, so one can have Selachii NPCs, without playing one yourself.

This. The mod is set up like the Vulpine race: the main mod comes as an ESM (actually an ESM-tagged ESP, just like in Skyrim), and there's an extra "SharkPlayer" plugin that turns the PC into a Selachii. This is required because of the lack of race selection in the FO4 looks menu and the weird way the PC and the Spouse NPC are set up ingame.

The background in the above shot, however, is from this mod - USS Eden Aircraft Carrier Settlement.

Heh. Looks like we had the same idea. I was actually considering using it as background for some of the mod's images when I got to the point of taking those. Seemed fitting and all.

Huh...you know, I never noticed this until I switched back from YA5,(Mainly because I never used these two schlongs until recently..but still. xD) but the human cut and uncut schlongs of this mod don't animate the vagina on penetration. And, I somehow got the Sofia Shark Replacer mod to work. Don't ask me how, I just kept *gently* bashing my head against it trying stuff until it worked. xD

8 minutes ago, Taven said:

Huh...you know, I never noticed this until I switched back from YA5,(Mainly because I never used these two schlongs until recently..but still. xD) but the human cut and uncut schlongs of this mod don't animate the vagina on penetration.

The human schlongs do have the proper link to HDT collision files, but they use the paths from Bazinga's Naturalistic HDT preset (as it includes custom-fit XMLs for the Regular addon they are based on that work better than generic ones). So either install the Naturalistic file or edit the paths in the nifs to point to the generic male XML instead.

Heh. Looks like we had the same idea. I was actually considering using it as background for some of the mod's images when I got to the point of taking those. Seemed fitting and all.

Yeah, I saw it and thought just that. It's a bit of a walk(or run...) to get around it, but that makes sense for what it is. The ships and sub around the carrier I don't think are explorable, and probably don't have any way beyond the console to get aboard. 

I'd find it interesting if the mod ever expands to be a bit more immersive, like for example having to fight your way through a horde of the carrier's ghoulified crew, in order to claim it as a settlement, along with having some terminals to suggest the battlegroup was outside of Boston with some foreknowledge of a possible impending attack, but they had zero chance to do anything that day.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

chargen crashes/bugs on the FO4 sharks

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Not really sure what you mean. Are you talking about Leito? I think I recall him and his mods being gone from Nexus for a while, but he made another account and uploaded everything again.

Still, the two supported male body mods for the race are BodyTalk2 (this is the recommended one) and Enhanced Vanilla Bodies (this was Leito's mod). Don't know of any other ones, but anything that uses the same UVs/textures as BT2 and EVB do should be compatible as well.

Yeah, the tail uses one of the extra slots, just like Vulpines. Some mod-added items may unequip the tail when worn, but there's simply no way around it considering FO4 never had a specific "Tail" slot like Skyrim did and mods aren't really consistent on what they use each "unused-in-vanilla" slot for.

The back fin also takes up another equipment slot like the tail, but that one uses the "Backpack" slot as designed by Bethesda (for example used by the Modern Military Backpacks from Creation Club), so it should only be hidden when wearing a backpack that would clip through it anyway, so it's not an issue.

Ah ok thanks also 

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

chargen crashes/bugs

What you mean by that