Hi All.

I'm having a problem with the KS Hair mod's physics, where the hair collides with the clavicle area.  All of the hairstyles that lie over that area will spontaneously jump around rapidly (it jitters-- nothing wild). Other KS hairstyles (like ponytail ones) don't seem to do this.  In Racemenu, the hair stays still, like it should, but in-game they jitter/ jump around.  The wig form of the KS hair mod produces the same problem.  I tired another hair mod-- YanDao-- and that one seem to work normally.

I don't think it's a generalized physics problem (I've also added the havok fix and tested limiting FPS). I also don't think my using CBP for my BHUNP body and HDT for hair/armor is the problem, since those other hairstyles work.

This seems to be a problem with the KS hair mod's collision settings at the clavicle.  
I tried adjusting the XML for the hair (increased linear dampening), but that didn't work.
Is there anything else I can edit to fix these particular hairstyle?

thanks!

12 hours ago, Nepro said:

Converted HDT-SMP to 1.5.97 and converter. Someone posted it deep in the thread. Just bumping it for those who need it.

HDT-SMP-Patcher-1.0.7z 51.4 MB · 9 downloads HDT-SMP Plugins 1.5.97.zip 451.43 kB · 10 downloads

It's been freely available on the Nexus for months, including important bugfixes and optimizations by aers, ousnius and possibly others.

13 hours ago, ftlum said:

I'm having a problem with the KS Hair mod's physics, where the hair collides with the clavicle area.  All of the hairstyles that lie over that area will spontaneously jump around rapidly (it jitters-- nothing wild). [...] This seems to be a problem with the KS hair mod's collision settings at the clavicle.

I'm having a different kind of clavicle non-collision issue with another wig and I'm struggling to find a way to fix it. As long as I stand upright, it hangs where it should- straight down my back, or maybe realistically blowing in the wind. But the moment I lean forward for any reason (run, sneak, sit, combat, sex) the beautiful long hair falls right through my back and hangs out the front of my clavicle despite the fact that it has a collision proxy "body" in the mesh whose only job is to prevent this.

Hanging perfectly while I'm standing:

20200311043322_1.jpg

Hanging through my back and protruding through my clavicle when leaning even slightly forward:

20200311030948_1.jpg

The xml was written by an expert, so I'm assuming that it must be something else, but I don't know what to look for.

Does anyone know how to "toughen up" collisions to transform "suggestions" into "hard boundaries?"

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

It's been freely available on the Nexus for months, including important bugfixes and optimizations by aers, ousnius and possibly others.

I didn't know you could use HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) instead of HDT-SMP when HDTPhysics and HDTFramework dlls were required thanks for tip.

13 hours ago, Nepro said:

I didn't know you could use HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) instead of HDT-SMP when HDTPhysics and HDTFramework dlls were required thanks for tip.

You only need the Framework if you are using HDT-HH. Otherwise, the new Nexus SMP file by aers and ousnius (and maybe others?) is all you need.

1 hour ago, Tooneyman23 said:

I fixed the male body with my older scripts. =P

hey nice  :)  i  noticed  you have  been posting quite a lot lately , i  would like to  ask ,  is this going to be a replacement or  an upgrade for SOS with  working  physics/collisions ?

18 hours ago, agiz19 said:

hey nice  :)  i  noticed  you have  been posting quite a lot lately , i  would like to  ask ,  is this going to be a replacement or  an upgrade for SOS with  working  physics/collisions ?

Replacement. You'll have to use the light version since I'm not good at coding at the moment. I'm studying it, but I'm to busy working on busy models, clothing and trying to fix sliders, textures and other stuff.

21 hours ago, lordregnis said:

has anyone made a body mod that has working anus collisions like the vagina?

BHUNP and CBBE 3BBB Advanced have bones for the anus, but by default there are no settings for smp physics, you need to add them manually and adjust weights and collisions.
About COSHD I will not say anything :)

Hi Folks,

i seek your help with SMP.

I used "Custom Races"  to make a speacial Race for my favourite follower Lumi and i gave her SMP hair.

She has a very curvy body so it has three shapes for naked, pushup and clothed body.

I made a low poly collisionshape which works fine, but i have to equip the wig according to the clothing.

Then i red this:

"

It is useful to use the parameter: 

<shared>{private, internal, public}, default value is public: Set the effect scope of a collision shape. "private" for only this XML (or nif), "internal" for this character, "public" for all characters. Default value is "public", should set to "internal" or "private" if you don't expect it to interact with other characters. (c) Senpo

"

My plan is to make a "internal" or public collision shape which changes with the body so i dont have to equip the according wigs.

Unfortunately i have no idea how to do this.

Could you please help me out?

i'm sorry if that was answered already, but i'm to dumb to find it

On 3/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, Gromilla said:

BHUNP and CBBE 3BBB Advanced have bones for the anus, but by default there are no settings for smp physics, you need to add them manually and adjust weights and collisions.

do you know how to do that? i dont know how to do that at all

21 hours ago, noreg said:

It is useful to use the parameter: 

<shared>{private, internal, public}, default value is public [...] My plan is to make a "internal" or public collision shape which changes with the body so i dont have to equip the according wigs. Unfortunately i have no idea how to do this.

1. Make a backup copy of your xml in the same folder as the xml is in. Name it [whatever its name is].xml.bak to prevent it from working as an xml. Click OK if you get a dire warning about changing a file extension.
  2. Open the xml in Notepad++ so you retain the xml formatting
  3. Hold [Ctrl] and press F to enter the "Find" dialog
  4. Type
    <shared>public</shared>

into the "Find" dialog box and press [Enter].

5. Manually change the declaration your cursor lands on so that it reads

<shared>private</shared>
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 as required until you can no longer find any <shared>public</shared> declarations
  7. Hold [Ctrl} and press S to save the xml file
  8. Close Notepad++ unless you plan to do more tweaking.
  9. Test whatever wig(s) the xml pertains to in-game and make sure your actions do not have any uninconded tensequences. :classic_biggrin:

The reason I didn't suggest that you shorten the search term to just "<shared>pub" or use Notepad instead of Notepad++, or use the Replace All function is so that you will gain some familiarity with Notepad++ and your xml in the process of making these changes since you said that you are totally unfamiliar with editing an xml.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, Gromilla said:

do you know how to accomplish that because i have no idea

Spoiler
  1. Make a backup copy of your xml in the same folder as the xml is in. Name it [whatever its name is].xml.bak to prevent it from working as an xml. Click OK if you get a dire warning about changing a file extension.
  2. Open the xml in Notepad++ so you retain the xml formatting
  3. Hold [Ctrl] and press F to enter the "Find" dialog
  4. Type

<shared>public</shared>

into the "Find" dialog box and press [Enter].

5. Manually change the declaration your cursor lands on so that it reads

<shared>private</shared>
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 as required until you can no longer find any <shared>public</shared> declarations
  7. Hold [Ctrl} and press S to save the xml file
  8. Close Notepad++ unless you plan to do more tweaking.
  9. Test whatever wig(s) the xml pertains to in-game and make sure your actions do not have any uninconded tensequences. :classic_biggrin:

The reason I didn't suggest that you shorten the search term to just "<shared>pub" or use Notepad instead of Notepad++, or use the Replace All function is so that you will gain some familiarity with Notepad++ and your xml in the process of making these changes since you said that you are totally unfamiliar with editing an xml.

Hi Vyxenne, i really appreciate your help but it seems that i didn't make myself clear.

I have basic knowledge in SMP-XMLs but a full SMP setup is to heavy for my machine so i use CPBC for body and SMP for tail- ,hair- and some clothesphysics

I use the different collision bodies, one for naked, one for corset and one for clothes collision, but this means that i have to make three different Armoraddons per hair and have to change them according to the clothes.

I do know to edit xml-files, what i try to achieve is, when i make a Outfit or body in bodyslide i want to integrate a collision mesh for Hairwigs ( the hairtypes i use mainly one called unbp). So when the clothing changes the hair-wig itself reacts to this external collisionmesh.

I hope this was understandable..

23 hours ago, lordregnis said:

do you know how to do that? i dont know how to do that at all

"I will not say anything"... I think it's crucial in this case