Incorrect SKSE installation, most likely.

Installing SKSE64 into Skyrim (Special Edition or Legendary Edition)

It's easy to configure Vortex to install ALL OF SKSE64 into your game with only a half-minute's extra work. Here's how to do that: Installing Script Extenders With Vortex. There is also a tutorial video but the author was apparently late for an appointment or whatever, so be prepared to stop it at the important spots so you have at least a fighting chance to read what he's doing.

If you're not using Vortex or do not wish to take the 3 minutes required to learn how to do it, then you will need to do a manual installation of SKSE64:

1. Choose the correct version of SKSE64 to match the game version you are using- here is a list:

Game  / SKSE64
1.5.97 / 2.0.17 (Current versions as of November 20, 2019)
1.5.80 / 2.0.16
1.5.73 / 2.0.15
1.5.62 / 2.0.12
1.5.53 / 2.0.10
1.5.50 / 2.0.8
1.5.39 / 2.0.7
1.5.23 / 2.0.6
1.5.16 / 2.0.5
1.5.03 / 2.0.4

2. Install SKSE64 manually:
  2a- Download the SKSE64 7z archive to your desktop
  2b- Extract the SKSE64 7z archive to your desktop
  2c- Open the top folder of the SKSE64 extracted archive (the one named the same as the 7z archive)
  2d- Copy the SKSE64 archive's Data folder, skse64_n_n_nn.dll, skse64_loader.exe and skse64_steam_loader.dll
  49156178033_c2c9e06573.jpg

2e- Open your Skyrim Special Edition main folder, ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

2f- Delete any and all files you see there that begin with "skse"
  2g- Paste the 4 objects you Copied in Step 2d into the open SSE folder
  2h- Authorize the folder merge with the existing Data folder- if you already have a Data folder and do not get a Data folder merge warning, try to find and delete the files you just pasted into the wrong location and start over, this time reading these instructions more carefully. If you do NOT already have a Data folder, meaning SKSE64 is the first mod you have installed, you will not get a folder merge warning and that's OK.
  2i- Authorize all overwrites/overrides if any

3. Right-click the new copy of skse64_loader.exe in your Skyrim Special Edition folder

4. Select "Send to" then "Desktop (create shortcut)"

5. Close your game folder and the extracted SKSE64 7z Archive folder if they are still open

6. Manually launch Steam (if it is not already running) using the Steam shortcut >>>NOT<<< skse64_loader.exe.

7. With Steam already running, double-click your new skse64_loader.exe shortcut to launch SSE with SKSE64 properly installed

8. Later, when Vortex (or whatever mod manager you use) tells you there have been external changes and asks for guidance, be sure to select "Save All Changes" so Vortex does not undo what you just did

9. Never again use the Mod handler of the vanilla game launcher because it will disable SkyUI_SE.esp*

10. Always and forevermore make sure Steam is already running before you launch SSE via skse64_loader.exe*

*You can eliminate this restriction by adding Skyrim.esm as a Master to SkyUI_SE.esp using SSEEdit as follows:

1. Launch SSEEdit

2. Right-click any of the plugins and select "Load None" to clear all of the checkmarks

3. Select (tick the checkboxes) Skyrim.esm and SkyUI_SE.esm

4. Wait until you see "Finished loading" at the bottom of the right-hand pane

5. Right-click SkyUI_SE.esp in the left-hand pane and select "Add Masters"

6. Click "Yes, I'm sure" when SSEEdit warns you that you are about to destroy the known universe and your dear mother as well

7. Select (tick the checkbox) Skyrim.esm in the dialog box and click OK

8. Close SSEEdit using the Windows Exit button (red-squared X at the top right corner of the SSEEdit window)

9. Make sure the Save Plugin dialog box shows SkyUI_SE.esp and "Back up plugins" checked, then click OK

Enjoy your SKSE64 and SkyUI_SE game.

Thank you so much for your detailed response Vyxenne but I do have the correct skse installed. The game was working fine until I installed the new body and physics components. Before I installed those I removed the old body (7baseAmazon) that I had been using. After that I made sure to reinstall the skeleton etc to make sure that the right mods had priority and ran FNIS etc.

Perhaps the problem can be traced to an .ini file that hasn't been updated but i wouldn't know what to look for. I may just have to accept removing mods one by one until I get it working again.

4 minutes ago, Illana said:

Has anyone got a good set of configs for proper vagina collisions? It just doesn't move very far at all during penetration

This depends on which mesh is doing the penetrating and which mesh is being penetrated so there is no "good" set of configs in existance apart from the one you create for your own specific setup. If this is an issue then I'd recommend using CBPC instead of HDT SMP as it is much simpler to achieve what you are asking.

5 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

This depends on which mesh is doing the penetrating and which mesh is being penetrated so there is no "good" set of configs in existance apart from the one you create for your own specific setup. If this is an issue then I'd recommend using CBPC instead of HDT SMP as it is much simpler to achieve what you are asking.

SOS smurf addon and a cbbe 3bbb body, very standard.

1 hour ago, Illana said:

SOS smurf addon and a cbbe 3bbb body, very standard.

As I said before there is no "Standard" setup. If you are interested in learning about how it works then look at the xml and nif files. If you just want it to work after stamping your feet a few times then remove HDT SMP and install CBPC...

1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

As I said before there is no "Standard" setup. If you are interested in learning about how it works then look at the xml and nif files. If you just want it to work after stamping your feet a few times then remove HDT SMP and install CBPC...

you essentially replied to me saying "it's tricky so just use CBPC" implying it's possible yet you either don't have the knowledge or are deliberately withholding it. Either way it would be much more helpful maybe directing me to where I can learn how to set this up then I would appreciate some more substantial resources than directing me to look at uncommented xml files.

There is a problem that the clothing or tattoo cannot be displayed completely.

When the character wears translucent clothes, other clothes or tattoos under the clothes cannot be displayed in certain directions.

display :https://imgur.com/5ynQlOm
not display: https://imgur.com/zBe9siV

HDT Skyrim Ordering Independent Transparency (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51505/)can solve it in LE, but SSE I dont find .
Does anyone know?

On 4/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, RebelX said:

Recently returned to the game and updated all mods (around 180) etc for a quick playthrough, everything good, got to level 20 without a stutter or crash.

'So lets see what the situation is with physics these days, like I used to have in LE'. I said to myself. Well I saw some of the examples in here and couldn't wait to try it out.

Only problem is I'm thick, even looking at some guides hasn't helped me. Launching from Vortex/SKSE just leads to a CTD that doesn't even show the black screen.

Reading all the log files none report a problem except skee

"skee
couldn't get trampoline interface
NetImmerse Override Enabled
config path = F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\skse.ini"

...whereas SKSE reports SKEE loaded

I've installed

CBPC, HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics), Realistic SMP & XPMSSE

What I haven't done is anything in Bodyslide, and I've read their Wiki and watched Kokan's help vids, read 40 plus pages of this thread. Still an understanding of Bodyslde eludes me, I just don't knw what I'm supposed to do, when I start it it loads the body but with brush settings and editing options.

No problems reported in Vortex, Loot, FNIS. Thanks for reading and feel free to call me an idiot but last time I was editing stuff was in DOS :)

Presumably you have no missing masters and it sounds like you've already started this process:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/troubleshooting_guide#wiki_skyrim_won.27t_start.2Fstarts_windowed

If not, it's a good start.  Your mod total is fairly low, but if it's script heavy,  count the number of .dll's in your SKSE/Plugins folder.  powerofthree is reporting a 49 dll limit for SKSE - at 50 you crash.

The only other suggestion I can think of off hand is check your last save with ReSaver - sounds a bit of a long shot though.  As Vyxenne noted, the first possibility is always a borked install, so rolling back changes in reverse order might be a first option.

Eventually, you will get it!  Hopefully, sooner than ...  ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

On 4/12/2020 at 10:14 PM, Illana said:

you essentially replied to me saying "it's tricky so just use CBPC" implying it's possible yet you either don't have the knowledge or are deliberately withholding it. Either way it would be much more helpful maybe directing me to where I can learn how to set this up then I would appreciate some more substantial resources than directing me to look at uncommented xml files.

The problem is that SMP config is largely undocumented and there is no "guide" so to speak other than a few which are highly speculative due to undisclosed details. Hopefully this will change in the near future due to HDT SMP going open source. This is why I say to look at the files and try to garner what you can which is what the rest of us do....

Edit: there is one thread  on the nexus here which is worth reading but as I say some of it is speculative and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

3 hours ago, fritzfried said:
3 hours ago, Yinkle said:

He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough ~ Lao Tzu

Gotta love the tag, man.

My version is slightly different:

"She who claims that enough is enough has had a bigger dick in her than I have so far." ~ Vyxenne LaCoquine :classic_biggrin:

Heyas, so, I've been having an issue with HDT-SMP that has been driving me insane for like the past month. the majority of outfits I use in Skyrim SE, with the exception of a very small few and including literally everything by Zynx or SunJeong that I've tried has been effected by it so far.

Whenever I put on one of the outfits, My character's breasts are suddenly crushed to about UNP size, despite being much bigger. the outfit stays the proper size, but my character's breasts are crushed into a much smaller size.

I'm hoping someone can help me out on this, because it is driving me insane trying to fix it.

Attaching Image as well as Modlist Plugins & other such lists from MO2 with this post, thank you tons in advance to anyone who can help.

modlist.txt plugins.txt loadorder.txt

20200414151958_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Kai4Nitya9842 said:

the outfit stays the proper size, but my character's breasts are crushed into a much smaller size.

This isolates the issue to your player character's default body.

You didn't mention what happens when a female NPC gets naked- do her breasts shrink as well?

• If so, then your solution may be as simple as building your default body to your (large-breasted) preset in BodySlide
  • If not, then you must be using a unique Player body, usually facilitated by one of the Unique Player Race mods, in which case simply copy the 6 female body nifs (femalebody_0/1, femalehands_0/1 and femalefeet_0/1) from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\ to your unique player race body folder.
38 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

This isolates the issue to your player character's default body.

You didn't mention what happens when a female NPC gets naked- do her breasts shrink as well?

• If so, then your solution may be as simple as building your default body to your (large-breasted) preset in BodySlide
  • If not, then you must be using a unique Player body, usually facilitated by one of the Unique Player Race mods, in which case simply copy the 6 female body nifs (femalebody_0/1, femalehands_0/1 and femalefeet_0/1) from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\ to your unique player race body folder.

Right sorry, forgot to explain that part. >_<' When my character is naked, her body goes back to the sizing it should be without issue. To my knowledge I don't have a unique player body mod installed, and I'm using a Breton for my character's race.

On 4/12/2020 at 4:14 PM, Illana said:

you either don't have the knowledge or are deliberately withholding it

Yinkle has the knowledge, but maybe not the time, inclination or pixel ink :classic_tongue: to tackle the highly-complex topic of SMP XML-tweaking. So he steered you to a simpler solution.

That said, I can't think of any more certain way of assuring that people will be disinclined to help you than belittling them, with the alternative conjecture that they must bear malice toward you for some reason.

The info's in this thread. I'm sure you'll find it.

3 hours ago, Kai4Nitya9842 said:

Right sorry, forgot to explain that part. >_<' When my character is naked, her body goes back to the sizing it should be without issue. To my knowledge I don't have a unique player body mod installed, and I'm using a Breton for my character's race.

does it happen with any outfit?

On 4/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, Yinkle said:

The problem is that SMP config is largely undocumented and there is no "guide" so to speak other than a few which are highly speculative due to undisclosed details. Hopefully this will change in the near future due to HDT SMP going open source. This is why I say to look at the files and try to garner what you can which is what the rest of us do....

Edit: there is one thread  on the nexus here which is worth reading but as I say some of it is speculative and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Thank you for this, gives me somewhere to start.

7 hours ago, Kai4Nitya9842 said:

for some reason it seems to happen primarily with SMP outfits made by SunJeong or Zynx, but I've only had an extremely small few outfits not effected by this, at least that I've seen.

I think I can tell you what's happening, but not quite what to do about it.  I've encountered this with a few other 3BA conversions.  I believe what you are seeing is the SE 3BBB base body attached to the outfit nif.  The outfit has been morphed to your preset shape leaving the base body "inside" unchanged.  This can sometimes be corrected by redoing the 3BA conversion - but it's an evolving process so there are conflicting how-to's on the 3BBB site(s) and the fact that there are really no standards for the construction of outfits anyway makes for each case being more or less unique.  So, if you really want those outfits (and of course you do or you wouldn't be here) it's probably going to take some playing around in  OutfitStudio.  Just make organized copies and experiment with it.  Best.

Edit: Just looked more closely at your attachments and see you aren't using 3BA, but in any case it does look like a 3BBB body that's not making it through BodySlide correctly.  Check the nifs in nifSkope or OutfitStudio and see if they have ref forms named 3BBB or any other name but with 01, 02, 03 numbered breast bones.  If so, the above applies.

Edit 2:  One last thing - if you open the file meshes/Armorname_1.nif  in nifskope you can probably  see exactly what you see in-game above; a morphed outfit on a smaller body.  This would show that the problem really is rooted in the mesh.

17 hours ago, fritzfried said:

I think I can tell you what's happening, but not quite what to do about it.  I've encountered this with a few other 3BA conversions.  I believe what you are seeing is the SE 3BBB base body attached to the outfit nif.  The outfit has been morphed to your preset shape leaving the base body "inside" unchanged.  This can sometimes be corrected by redoing the 3BA conversion - but it's an evolving process so there are conflicting how-to's on the 3BBB site(s) and the fact that there are really no standards for the construction of outfits anyway makes for each case being more or less unique.  So, if you really want those outfits (and of course you do or you wouldn't be here) it's probably going to take some playing around in  OutfitStudio.  Just make organized copies and experiment with it.  Best.

Edit: Just looked more closely at your attachments and see you aren't using 3BA, but in any case it does look like a 3BBB body that's not making it through BodySlide correctly.  Check the nifs in nifSkope or OutfitStudio and see if they have ref forms named 3BBB or any other name but with 01, 02, 03 numbered breast bones.  If so, the above applies.

Edit 2:  One last thing - if you open the file meshes/Armorname_1.nif  in nifskope you can probably  see exactly what you see in-game above; a morphed outfit on a smaller body.  This would show that the problem really is rooted in the mesh.

So, I took a look at the mod I used to take that screenshot earlier, and apparently you were right, they left a body inside the shirt's mesh in the shape that i keep getting in game, which means for whatever reason either that's interrupting it or something's not applying like it should, i dunno 3d modeling well enough to be sure. attaching a screenshot in case someone here can tell me what i'm looking at and if i can fix it on my end or not.

LRD In Nifskope 1.jpg