What's on your mind?

> Wonder why most of the things our people get/achieve only after strikes, protests, demonstrations, etc. Wouldn't it be easier if the government fulfilled their demands during negotiations since they know demands are grounded?

12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Wonder why most of the things our people get/achieve only after strikes, protests, demonstrations, etc. Wouldn't it be easier if the government fulfilled their demands during negotiations since they know demands are grounded?

Call me an ignorant outsider for not knowing how your people's government works but what are the demands grounded in exactly?

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Call me an ignorant outsider for not knowing how your people's government works but what are the demands grounded in exactly?

> Fair wages, the abdication of certain ministers (never fulfilled), lowering taxes and prices of food and services, and a few others but fair wages is the main demand.

12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I wonder why they call prostitution the oldest profession when it was agriculture and livestock.

Technically it was hunting and gathering. Agriculture and livestock or farming and domestication wasn’t until long after.

7 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Technically it was hunting and gathering. Agriculture and livestock or farming and domestication wasn’t until long after.

> Depends about civilization. Some of them were mostly hunters and some of them weren't. The history records vary. But I am not here to discuss what is right and what is wrong in this matter. My point was that prostitution wasn't the oldest profession.:classic_smile:

58 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Depends about civilization. Some of them were mostly hunters and some of them weren't. The history records vary. But I am not here to discuss what is right and what is wrong in this matter. My point was that prostitution wasn't the oldest profession.:classic_smile:

Historical records get uncertain past a certain date and while some societies advance faster than others we don’t know the whole story of how each civilization began. But I do find it highly unlikely that people had the time and patience to grow crops and breed cattle given their need for food and water.

As for prostitution I would not be surprised if men left gifts for women as women were worshiped as bringers of life before science revealed that man had a part to play in the birthing process. The prostitution is just guesswork on my part though. I always thought the saying was prostitution was ONE of the oldest professions.

On 5/3/2024 at 8:11 PM, Darkpig said:

But I do find it highly unlikely that people had the time and patience to grow crops and breed cattle given their need for food and water.

Crops and cattle were and are food. People settled on or near water. Somebody, somewhere had the time and patience to grow crops and raise cattle.

As for pre-money prostitution - two chickens and a rabbit for a shag wouldn't be very practical.

Desktop computer broke awhile back and I'm still procrastinating fixing it or rather sending it to a place to get it fixed since I know diddly poo about hardware.

Posted (edited)

While playing Skyrim I often think of the posts I have read about "Immersion" & immersion breaking lore, outfits, etc.

I ask you what is Immersive about swimming in freezing water? Get to, let's say Septimus Sigmus without getting wet in water at the temperature that would kill you in minutes.

Every time I have to swim, or fall in this water I think, what was Bethesda thinking.

I have been in freezing water, not fun, no, not fun at all.

Lord Of The Rings Gollum GIF - Lord Of The Rings Gollum Once GIFs

A paste of real time survival immersed in freezing water.

The United States Search and Rescue Task Force has a risk list for when hypothermia might set in if you are submersed in water:

Water temperature: 32 degrees or below
Time until exhaustion or unconsciousness: Less than 15 minutes
Expected time of survival in the water: Less than 15 to 45 minutes

Water temperature: 32.5 to 40 degrees
Time until exhaustion or unconsciousness: 15 to 30 minutes
Expected time of survival in the water: 30 to 90 minutes

Edited by Raven 54
1 hour ago, Raven 54 said:

While playing Skyrim I often think of the posts I have read about "Immersion" & immersion breaking lore, outfits, etc.

I ask you what is Immersive about swimming in freezing water? Get to, let's say Septimus Sigmus without getting wet in water at the temperature that would kill you in minutes.

Every time I have to swim, or fall in this water I think, what was Bethesda thinking.

The United States Search and Rescue Task Force has a risk list for when hypothermia might set in if you are submersed in water:

Yes, I have already thought about this. When lore fans criticize skimpy armor and the like, I think of the entire Forsworn population. They are often half-naked, or in armor that doesn't protect much, in snowy areas, even though most of them are Breton and not Nordic. After that, swimming in icy water, which has no consequences, doesn't even surprise me. Of course, the critics are not really interested in this anymore.

3 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

Better drink those frost resistance potions. You weren’t going to use them for anything else anyway. Too much immersion ruins gameplay and Bethesda knew this or rather Bethesda didn’t bother until later to release well basically a Frostfall like mod because for some reason people demanded it.

31 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

I'm eating a pickle (which means a pickled cucumber to me, in case it doesn't mean that to everyone). I really like pickles (and some other things) pickled in vinegar, but not pickled in brine.

> Try eating them with strawberries or Nutella. delicious, I mean, it was when I was pregnant.😁

9 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

I doubt I've ever seen someone describe maleness as "fascinating."

Well. When a male and a face hugger love each other very much-