32 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Blaze, I didn't use the texture you suggest because I was doing it in parallel... I made sure all the texture sets were consistent and then loaded up an ENB to check. If this doesn't get rid of the seam I'll switch the SK paths. Which ENB are you using?

I use Kwanon ENB, made by HHaley (author of Fair Skin, among other stuff).

FS is one of the few (if not the only) skin texture replacer that includes proper SK maps, and I'm pretty sure Kwanon is specially tailored to work with the FS textures. Maybe that's why it's more sensitive to mismatches in the SK maps?

@ShadowKitty42 Yes, loading that version now as 01_Yiffy_Age_SE.B05.06. It has all the meshes converted and textures checked, but no facegen. Ulfric looks fine in CK BUTBUTBUT I get a crash flipping through the races in startup using LAL. So there's something still not right there. (And I don't think it's the old facegen because presets shouldn't use them. But maybe it does somehow.)

Also! Kaidan, Lucien, Clothing and Clutter Fixes and Cutting Room Floor all have patches. Kaidan has his scars and I've skimpified his armor for the next version of Bad Dog Skimpy Clothes. (Which might be a problem in a non-furry skyrim. Better check before I post that.)

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

@ShadowKitty42 Yes, loading that version now as 01_Yiffy_Age_SE.B05.06. It has all the meshes converted and textures checked, but no facegen. Ulfric looks fine in CK BUTBUTBUT I get a crash flipping through the races in startup using LAL. So there's something still not right there. (And I don't think it's the old facegen because presets shouldn't use them. But maybe it does somehow.)

Also! Kaidan, Lucien, Clothing and Clutter Fixes and Cutting Room Floor all have patches. Kaidan has his scars and I've skimpified his armor for the next version of Bad Dog Skimpy Clothes. (Which might be a problem in a non-furry skyrim. Better check before I post that.)

Ah, you've made a patch for Kaidan? Was it for the most current(somewhat reworked) version of him?

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I just checked through all the textures. I found 1 single file that's still not an SE compatible format. it's "\textures\actors\character\KhajiitFemale\femalebody_s.dds"

And from my experience testing on V4.2 and V5+, i have never had a facegen related crash. If the facegen is invalid for some reason, you simply get a grey face instead.

So Relationship Dialog overhaul adds NPCs, and the one that I've been using as a follower has the grey face bug in YA 5, but didn't in YA 4. Odd, but w/e. Google and this thread suggest that it's a facegen problem, so I used https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dark_Face_Bug as a guide on fixing it myself. Is there a way to view progress on the facegen process?

EDIT: Guess that didn't do anything. So, what am I doing wrong? How can I fix the grey face bug for this RDO npc?

@kingcupworld if you're up for minor modding and have the CK and TES5Edit, you can do it yourself. The "tools" folder has a T5E script that will furrify your NPCs. Or if there's only one just go into CK and edit it by hand. Then facegen, either way. And why the hell does RDO introduce NPCs?

Ya, Kaidan is the v2 version.

@Blaze69 you're infecting me. I've now tried a few SK maps and I do think there's an argument for using one. There's an oil-slick thing on the white females that can be made to go away with the sk map you found. But heads hands and feet will have to match.

No one interested in interesting/uninteresting NPCs these days?

38 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

@kingcupworld if you're up for minor modding and have the CK and TES5Edit, you can do it yourself. The "tools" folder has a T5E script that will furrify your NPCs. Or if there's only one just go into CK and edit it by hand. Then facegen, either way. And why the hell does RDO introduce NPCs?

Ya, Kaidan is the v2 version.

RDO adds a khajiit female follower, which is needed in skyrim. Also makes her marriable, which is one reason why I usually hunt her down. In the end, I like the Khajiit voices, so end up finding a khajiit follower 9/10 times. And I"m using mods which alter spouses, so again, more khajiit followers that actually use the khajiit voices is always appreciated.

EDIT: So new issues. I can't get SOS to work with YA SOS 5.05 patch ( I think i'm getting the numbering scheme correct). I've got the SOS MCM like I expect, the mod is enabled and all included ESM/ESPs, but there's no schlongs in the UI, which means there's holes in everyone's crotches. What should I be looking at to fix this?

The T5E transmogrifier script has an "Exception in unit UserScript line 2504: List index out of bounds (-1)" Error. I'm extremely new to using T5E to do anything except blindly fixing dirty edits, so i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

@Blaze69 you're infecting me. I've now tried a few SK maps and I do think there's an argument for using one. There's an oil-slick thing on the white females that can be made to go away with the sk map you found. But heads hands and feet will have to match.

I've got a full set of white-and-red SK files already (head + hands + body + paws) saved from previous versions of YA, so you must have created them a while back and included them in the 4.x downloads. Not sure if the complete set is in the 5.0 download, but if it isn't just let me know and I'll send them your way.

...In all honesty, I've yet to use the 5.0 version of yiffy because I'm slightly scarred of the impact it will have on my skyrim.. ONLY SLIGHTLY. Now, I know there's a way to somehow save your load order and mods and such in a profile(I THINK), but I don't know how to do that with MO, and I probably won't because I'm crazy, and soon I'm just gonna dive feet-first into Yiffy 5.0. xD To make my landing a little softer, I'm going to tell you guys in the spoiler what yiffy patches I have, and I'd like to ask you guys...What do I do with them going into yiffy 5.0?(And beyond) Do I need to get rid of some of them, wait for a better patch version, or are they fine..or what?

Spoiler

USLEEP Patch

Imperious Patch

Immersive College of Winterhold Patch

Yiffy ApachiiHair(I know it's not a patch..but still)

OBIS Patch

Inigo Patch

3dNPC patch

@Blaze69 I loaded up your ENB and OMG. I see what you mean by the neck seam. Also it's enhancing the shininess of pretty much everything. 

I'm not sure what to do about it. What I've done is take the gray/red SK you found, darken it a bit, and make special head SKs for every race and sex to pick out noses, eyes, and ears. I'm not sure that's noticeable even with the ENB. But the issues is, with that SK set consistently on every body part I'm still seeing a noticeable seam. I don't know what that ENB is doing, but just making all the texture layers continuous across the seam isn't enough to get rid of it. 

Have you been able to get rid of it? Just a black SK layer might do it, maybe. I don't have much experience with this stuff.

45 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Have you been able to get rid of it? Just a black SK layer might do it, maybe. I don't have much experience with this stuff.

Yeah. All I did was edit all the character texture sets to point to your white-and-red SK textures, and then edit the texture paths in the head nifs to point to the proper head SKs as well. I guess you already edited the texture sets, so maybe it's the nifs that need to be edited?

I think I remember reading about some kind of engine bug that sometimes caused the game to ignore some of the head textures defined on the texture set and use the ones on the nif instead. Maybe that bug is causing the game to load the SK path in the nifs, and that's why the seam is still there after fixing the texture sets (because the head nifs still point to the diffuse texture in the SK slot).

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I think I remember reading about some kind of engine bug that sometimes caused the game to ignore some of the head textures defined on the texture set and use the ones on the nif instead. Maybe that bug is causing the game to load the SK path in the nifs, and that's why the seam is still there after fixing the texture sets (because the head nifs still point to the diffuse texture in the SK slot).

<goes out in the back pasture and shoots himself>

30 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

<goes out in the back pasture and shoots himself>

Hey, that's Bethesda for you. "If a bug doesn't make the game literally unplayable unsellable, don't even bother fixing it. Even if we've known about it since Morrowind and even the intern that brings your coffee could fix it (for free) after just 10 minutes in the CK, it won't bring in the $$$$$$ for the shareholders, so don't waste your effort! Better work on adding more stupid monetization into the game, though, that's time well spent alright." ?

On a happier note, I've finally gotten YA 5.0 to work mostly fine and I'm impressed. Seriously, that's a lotta work gone into the update. @Bad Dog, that's some awesome work. Seriously, kudos on that, dude.

Also have some pics y'all, because it was about time I posted more of them!

Finally managed to update my she-wolf to 5.0, and I'm loving her so far.

Kara_1.png

Spoiler

Kara_2.png

Kara_3.png

Kara_4.png

Kara_5.png

The amount of fluff on that mane is a bit overkill (seriously, I used Goma's bikinis with the 7BO body because otherwise the breasts looked tiny compared to the fluff), but it works out pretty well.

Still have to go through my characters of other species and update them as well, but I'm certainly looking forward to that. It will also be a good chance to bugtest all the chargen options for the races to make sure everything works as intended and we didn't miss anything.

Bonus photoshoot: here are a few more pics I took of some random "cosplay" outfits I've been working on from time to time, because why not?

Set 1:

Kara_Cosplay_1.png

Spoiler

Kara_Cosplay_2.png

Kara_Cosplay_3.png

Set 2:

Kara_Cosplay_4.png

Spoiler

Kara_Cosplay_5.png

Kara_Cosplay_6.png

(For anyone wondering: the one in the first set both is and isn't the character you are thinking of. That may be a tough one to guess ?.)

(And disclaimer: I specifically used the word "cosplay" because while I think I nailed the outfits, getting the specific character looks without edited race assets was impossible, so it was better to pretend it's Kara doing cosplay instead of an extremely poor attempt at recreating those characters in Skyrim, lol :classic_unsure:)

Ffffffark. Blaze, did you increase the size of your she-wolf's paws for these pictures, or is this just the result of Bad Dog pumping them up a bit? BD's were too small for me, and in the past yours were too big for me, but these look just right, in large part because of those beautiful new paw shapes. So that's why he didn't want to use Kritta's, these are extremely better. I don't care about everything like everyone else does, that's why I'm cool with waiting, but now I'm startlingly eager to see those paws on the digitigrade skeleton. Damn nice work Bad Dog.

33 minutes ago, Voldearag said:

Ffffffark. Blaze, did you increase the size of your she-wolf's paws for these pictures, or is this just the result of Bad Dog pumping them up a bit?

Yup, those are Bad Dog's. He did pump the scale up and now they are (IMO) properly sized. I still think Kritta's paws are a tiny bit better suited for the plantigrade skeleton and look more like "generic anthro" paws while BD's will probably be at their best when digi, but I think I'll just go for BD's as plantigrade anyway.

Fuck me with a spoon, editing the head nifs to point to the right textures did make the seam go away. So yay. I'll post an update with this fix and a few other minor tweaks. Unless anybody's got something else that's not working, that might be the real V5.

Ya did some more fussing with paw size and shape for this version and I'm happy.

I have a few more mod patches to post: immersive college and Interesting NPCs. Immersive college isn't really tested because Faralda won't let my refugee-from-Morrowind panther ass into the place. But it should be fine.

So, for some really dumb reason, I decided to try to run YA 5.0 (At least I think it's 5.0.  It says it's the version from 2019, so I'm assuming that's 5.0) using ModOrganizer 2.  Of course, prior to installing that, I had a warning from FNIS that wasn't causing an issue prior to enabling YA 5.0, so I ignored that.  Pretty dumb, right.  As far as mods go, the only stuff I have installed other than SL and its required mods was cosmetic stuff, so I basically have no idea what is wrong.  Whoops, forgot to mention.  I tried to start the game, and it CTD'd right when the main menu screen showed up.

This is what the overwrite file looks like right now: image.png.ce4cadd59da762f961b398802a247270.png

So, can anyone tell me if any of this is meant to go in a specific mod?