30 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Yes, very likely.  I'm not sure what part of the process is doing this, but it seems like it has to be something in outfit studio. You could save out the .nif from each stage of the process and see where the extra children are coming in.  Maybe it's from the pasting of block data?

There are a few other things, too.. maybe just try this and if it works, I'll explain what was changed:

ScarFemaleRight01-doesnt-show-in-ck-Fixed.nif

Okay, that's odd. I fixed the nif I posted just by reducing num children to 5, and making sure the 5 children were the TriShape and the bones. That worked. But yours, which seems to have that fix in it, doesn't work. ?

Gonna do the process again with a left-side scar and see whutup.

33 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Have you tried it in the game, or just in the construction kit?

The two other main changes were to change the consistency flags from Mutable to Static and to remove the PF_EDITOR flag from the skin partition. This matches what the other scar files do, though I don't actually have a good idea of the consequences. It could be that not doing those makes it show up in the editor, but mess up in the game, maybe?

Otherwise, yes it's weird that matching the other scar files from the game doesn't work, heh.

Hey BadDog, do you think you could make a patch for "A Naked World"? It plays fine with Yiffy Age except for the fact that it turns the furries into plantigrade form instead of digitigrade. I think I know how to fix it, though. It might involve deleting any reference towards footwear with xEdit. I could try this myself and see if that helps. It'd be tedious as hell though! :D

EDIT: Yep. I deleted the reference that was directed toward the footwear I was wearing, and loaded up the game and equipped the iron boots, and I am still in digitigrade form. Awesome. Now to do this for every single fucking boot...

:D

EDIT 2: Okay, nevermind the tedious part. The mod author made it easy to remove reference for a type of armor. In xEdit, just have to select naked_world > Armor Addon > remove InvisibleBoots and all furries will revert to their normal digitigrade form.

Yay! I fixed a ting by mysewf! :D

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Hmm  >.>  That's still weird. I've found that all the tools that deal with .nifs  just do weird things alot. Nothing is ever quite the way expected, so  I manually inspect all the important things when making changes. I think part of that reason is that Bethesda themselves do weird and non-standard things in .nifs, even within the same game's files, heh.

Been spending quality time with face tints. None of my tools really work to make the UV layout match the 3D model vert positions. They just reduce the angles in the UV faces, which can create zig-zags. I'm finding it hard to get the model so that what's flat on the UV is flat on the side of the face (for example). I can unwrap from scratch, and that seems to do it, but then I have to fit the new UV to the old texture which is hell on wheels. 

All the warpaints are getting a second look to make sure they fit beast heads. Having fun painting in blender.

Looking at the Lykaios tints, I think maybe a lot of my problem is that KK was going very much for wolf textures and I want to extend them to dog face patterns. Wolf textures mostly run lengthwise along the muzzle, for example, where as dogs have boxer and beagle patterns that run around the muzzle. Some of the Nords in the new version are going to be more dog-like than wolf-like. (KK did have a flop-eared dog morph, so clearly she was thinking along these lines too.)

Spent a little time looking at jackals and they don't inspire me much. But I'm doing the black-backed jackal thing for the Imperials and I'll give them muzzle variety. I'm thinking to give them brush tails instead of that thing they have now.

Same for the hyenas--I'm taking the muzzle color off the base texture and I'll make a range of muzzle tints from just around the nose through a full face mask. With colors from black to dark brown to red brown, that should give them some variety.

Foxes get the brush tail. Their face tints will be pretty limited--mostly how much white they get. 

Tigers, snow leopards, and cheetahs just have too much face patterning to get much mileage out of face tints. But I'm going to see if I can desaturate the base tiger texture so white tigers are possible. 

Panthers are looking good. They have panther spots on their back. On black panthers they only show up in the right light. Some NPCs will have a very dark brown shade and the spots are more visible there. All the NPCs will be very dark or black, but you'll be able to make a lighter leopard if you want. I didn't extend the spots to the face. I think they look pretty good, and should solve the black-hole problem panthers have now.

Still planning for the base mod to have planti feet and work with boots. Digi feet will be an add-on and make vanilla boots invisible. (Patches to other mods that have boots might have to make the boots invisible to handle either. Rats.) Greaves will be an add-on, if I get to them at all.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Been spending quality time with face tints. None of my tools really work to make the UV layout match the 3D model vert positions. They just reduce the angles in the UV faces, which can create zig-zags. I'm finding it hard to get the model so that what's flat on the UV is flat on the side of the face (for example). I can unwrap from scratch, and that seems to do it, but then I have to fit the new UV to the old texture which is hell on wheels. 

You've probably thought of this already, but doesn't texture projection take care of that?

Having to go through all the existing textures and tints for the head in question to get them projected and saved in the new UV is a pain, that's for sure, but if the base shape is close enough (or even the exact same, as I assume it is since you are only editing UVs), it has never given me particulary bad results. Or am I missing something?

Spent a little time looking at jackals and they don't inspire me much. But I'm doing the black-backed jackal thing for the Imperials and I'll give them muzzle variety. I'm thinking to give them brush tails instead of that thing they have now.

So we'll finally have black-backed jackals? Neat.

Panthers are looking good. They have panther spots on their back. On black panthers they only show up in the right light. Some NPCs will have a very dark brown shade and the spots are more visible there. All the NPCs will be very dark or black, but you'll be able to make a lighter leopard if you want. I didn't extend the spots to the face. I think they look pretty good, and should solve the black-hole problem panthers have now.

Also good to hear, panthers did need some improvement too. And the bit about making "lighter leopards" sounds great (one more species covered, I guess? I know panthers were technically leopards and/or jaguars already, but I count them as a separate species anyway).

Still planning for the base mod to have planti feet and work with boots. Digi feet will be an add-on and make vanilla boots invisible. (Patches to other mods that have boots might have to make the boots invisible to handle either. Rats.) Greaves will be an add-on, if I get to them at all.

Mods shouldn't really need patches for the planti (base) version of the mod, except for maybe those items that include (human) feet meshes and have texture bugs with YA's paw textures (and I'm not sure if that would be worth it except for very large and important mods). The digi version will need them, though, but there really ain't much to be done about it.

28 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

You've probably thought of this already, but doesn't texture projection take care of that?

Yes, that does work. The thing is when you look at the texture file, it's all jaggy (and then the mesh un-jags it). Fine as long as you don't do anything with it but as soon as you want to manipulate it--like, by adding a warpaint, or cleaning up a section of fur--the result's a mess. And especially for the paint, if the different heads have slightly different UVs then you need a bunch of unique paint files.

Some mods do have special armor--Kaiden and Helgen for two. Not gonna worry about that now. Maybe I'll make them special digi boots, hah.

23 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Some of the Nords in the new version are going to be more dog-like than wolf-like. (KK did have a flop-eared dog morph, so clearly she was thinking along these lines too.)

How difficult would it be to keep most Nords wolfy looking? Doable as a separate texture pack or something of that nature? I discovered looking at the latest screenshots that my personal preference is for the wolf patterning.

1 hour ago, KestrelSky said:

How difficult would it be to keep most Nords wolfy looking? Doable as a separate texture pack or something of that nature? I discovered looking at the latest screenshots that my personal preference is for the wolf patterning.

If the dog-ness comes from face tints and head shape, it should be possible to re-export FaceGen for the NPCs in question with more wolf-like looks and make drag-and-drop patch with the FaceGen files only (don't need any plugin edits as long as you don't change head parts). But you would have to go through each and every single dog-looking Nord, manually edit their appearance to be more wolf-like, and then export their FaceGen, so that may take a while because there's like a bazillion Nords in the game.

Anyway, changing subjects, it's been a while since I last posted pics of any of my characters, and I've been wanting to showcase Kritta's new vampire morphs for the Lykaios heads, so I thought this was as good a time as any :classic_tongue:.

Thus I give you Kara the Vampire:

Kara_Vampire_1.png

Kara_Vampire_2.png

Aand here she is on her "sexy death hound" costume*. Woof.

Kara_Vampire_4.png

Spoiler

Kara_Vampire_3.png

Kara_Vampire_5.png

*-> I thought it would have been cool to have her as an actual death hound (so a demonic undead wolf/Lykaios, I guess), but the only death hound-ish thing I could find was the collar, and hence the "costume" thing. Still, wouldn't mind having an actual playable death hound race. Sexy anthro death hounds, anyone? :wacko:

I do not know how I got the male Lykaios heads so screwed up, but I just tried a thing on the females and it was easy easy easy. This:

• Load the low-poly head
  • Dup and remove whiskers and neck ruff. Use a subsurf modifier to create a smooth mesh
  • Load up all the tris into the low-poly head
  • Subdivide, no smoothing. Now you have twice the verts but the new are all in line with the old, so it's just as blocky. But the seams haven't opened up.
  • Shrinkwrap the subdivided head around the subsurf head, excluding whiskers and ruff. Now you have a smooth double-poly head.
  • Apply the shrinkwrap as a shapekey.
  • Use "Blend from Shape" to apply the shrinkwrap shapekey to the base shape.

For whatever reason, the smoothed head is now a base for all the morphs, which didn't seem to work before. The morphs all stack beautifully. 

I do not understand modding at all when it comes to models/textures.

I've been trying to get v4.2 of this mod to work on Skyrim SE for about a week now.

I finally managed to get it stable to a point where it doesn't crash when I go to whiterun.

Everything that I did to convert it made sense, except for the very last thing which I just tried on a whim.

I got the mod to a point where I could get to whiterun without it crashing, but they all had the dark face bug.

So I thought, that's fine, I'll go generate facegen.

I did all of that, using Creation Kit for SE, and then I get CTD everytime I go to whiterun.

What I tried on a whim that somehow fixed it, is I put in all the original, unmodified facegen data that was in the download.

I have no idea why that facegen data could have been any different than what I generated myself.

15 minutes ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

[...]

When converting the normal meshes (not the FaceGen ones), did you make sure to convert the head parts separate from all of the other nifs?

Head Parts need to go through a slightly different process when converting them to SE, and that's why they need to be separated from other non-head-part nifs and converted using the specific "Head Parts" checkbox in the SSE Nif Converter. Maybe you forgot to separate some of the head parts nif and got the wrong conversion, and that's why generating FaceGen in the SE CK using the borked head parts causes crashes (i.e. one or more of the NPCs in Whiterun uses any of the borked head parts and thus their FaceGen is corrupt).

I did separate out the head part meshes and converted them correctly.

I just went back in to double check, and make sure I didn't mix any up into the wrong folder. (I still have the folders where I separated them)

I don't understand models and textures on skyrim, but I did a lot of research on how to convert from LE to SE.

I just have no clue why that last thing worked like it did.

1 minute ago, Bad Dog said:

Hmm. Maybe I'll reorganize the folders for V5 so head parts are in their own folders.

I assume that's heads, hair, beards, scars? 

Anything that is listed as a Head Part in the plugin data (and thus may end up in a FaceGen nif). Which in this case should be just that: heads, eyes, mouths, hairs, beards, scars...

1 minute ago, Bad Dog said:

Tri files don't need conversion, right?

Nope, they should work on SSE right away, without conversion.

Just wanna start off by saying i love this mod through and through, however ever since i installed it I've been crashing... and its only when i have the mod installed (i use the NMM to install YA and patches), the crashes normally happen in cities, and during specific quest lines. specificly in whiterun, windhelm, the companions quest "Proving Honor" whenever you return to jorrvaskr, and the first stormcloak quest after you return from killing the ice wraith, i havnt done to many other quests in fear of crashing... honestly i dont know if its my mod load order or if i just have conflicting mods but if anyone can help me figure out if im just retarded or just need to fix/move something so i can enjoy this mod i would be very very thankful!

i do use JK's skyrim, and a few armor mods such as cere's nightengale, and bikini armor's, and coverkhajiit head replacers

this is my load order below,

Spoiler

412165168_myloadorder.png.55bdf470820505d472672e4087964e65.png