Just load up the Lungari/bunnies, Birds, and Cellan/otters. Plenty of NPCs for companions there. If anything's incompatible tell me and I'll fix it but I don't know why there would be. Think I tested the Cellan with YA.

@PaulGreen I've lost the bubble on what you're trying to accomplish but OMG I wish everyone making mesh tools would just maintain vert order always. Since it sometimes matters, there's no good reason not to. I have one--one--somewhat fragile method of producing a new mesh with tris that match and if it ever breaks I'm screwed. (Importing the obj into the nif either through ObjectStudio or NifSkope always breaks. The only thing that works is Anton's MeshInjector and I have to use it exactly right.)

I've lightened the male body color from slightly from those photos. KK made the female lighter so this matches, and it allows a better range of colors. You can now make a white wolf about the same shade as the feral white wolves. 

Agreed about Balgruuf's beard. I think the rule has to be that beard hair has to either match fur color or head hair. (I'm not really sure why this doesn't. Something off in the hair texture files, I think.)

@PaulGreen just checked upthread and you need to know the Citrus morphs suck donkey balls. Well, maybe not quite, but there are a few wild verts, the whiskers don't move with the muzzle, and the ears get scrambled on some of the expressions. I have cleaned-up versions I use with YA.

16 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

@PaulGreen just checked upthread and you need to know the Citrus morphs suck donkey balls. Well, maybe not quite, but there are a few wild verts, the whiskers don't move with the muzzle, and the ears get scrambled on some of the expressions. I have cleaned-up versions I use with YA.

I was attempting to create subdivided version of head mesh keeping facegen and expression morphs intact, with having new vertices of the the morphs be well-positioned without needing manual fixes. The tri files were versions of the lykaios male head with khajiit expressions and facegen morphs on which this was attempted. But, I understand that there is new data not part of the current available lykaios race download:

""" The old/Legacy version of the Lykaios does use the vanilla Khajiit morphs, but the new (unreleased) heads Kritta made (which Bad Dog has been showcasing in the pics above and will include in YA 5.0) have their own custom morphs and expressions, and they are incompatible with the vanilla ones. """

Are the head meshes in the 'unreleased' version of the lykaios race the same as the available 'legacy' version, with only the morphs being customized? Or are both the morphs and head mesh altered from the released 'legacy'  version?

Do you mind sending me the new .tri morphs and new mesh to try this with? I'm trying to see if there is technique for accomplishing this type of work, or (poorly) writing necessary script to help with this.

Is Object Studio = Outfit Studio? I recall several years ago mentioning to the bodyslide person that functions on obj files may re-order vertex order, but I do not think it accomplished anything. It's possible I don't understand the reasoning for it and if there is a good reason, but I have seen this as well.

I have noticed, unfortunately, that blender can too do this easily. One has to be careful. If you subdivide, then save a mesh,  the vertex ordering can be different than if one subdivides, UNDO, the subdivide again and save. I've even noticed that the resulting subdivision or face cutting will change after undo / redo .. it seems that an undo does not entirely return to previous state in such a way that re-doing the action actually produces different results.

yeah, Outfit Studio.

To say truth, I haven't compared the old and new lykaios heads. It's possible there's no difference and it's just the tri files that changed. The old version used the khajiit tris, so was definitely a morph of the khajiit head mesh. Much of the goal of the new version is to keep the new tris so when you're doing your subdivide you definitely want them all loaded. That way it doesn't matter if the subdivide changes vert order--just re-export the tris and re-export the head in a vert-order-preserving way and it's all good. I see you're not working with Citrus heads, so that info was irrelevant.

What you want to test is after you do your subdivide, apply a bunch of morphs at once. What I found was even areas of the mesh the morphs didn't touch would distort--every other vertex being misplaced.

I'll send the heads and tris when I'm back at my other computer.

5 hours ago, Kardienlupus said:

I thought replacing HagRaven mean Good Way to introduce new race Ulri Raven into Bad Dog's Yiffy Age World. I'll keep watching this issue and is there any way to add more Furry race while keep lore?

You don't really need a "good way" to introduce new races to the game, even if you are using Yiffy Age. Whether humans and elves look like vanilla humans and elves or like YA dogs and cats doesn't really affect any other beast races that you may want to have in the lore. Simply use the race mods you want, and be done with it. As Bad Dog said, all of our four beast race mods (Birds, Cellan, Lungaris and Selachii) include plugins that add NPCs of those races to the world, so that's already taken care of.

Also, if you want to better integrate Ulri into the world by saying that Hagravens are simply evil Ulri witches instead of gross transformed humans, that's cool, but it's unrelated to vanilla races and I don't really see why it would need to be "integrated" into YA.

1 hour ago, PaulGreen said:

Are the head meshes in the 'unreleased' version of the lykaios race the same as the available 'legacy' version, with only the morphs being customized? Or are both the morphs and head mesh altered from the released 'legacy'  version?

Nope. The UVs have been edited at the very least to make the ear texture layout symmetric (the vanilla Khajiit ear UV used by the old heads was asymmetric) and to tweak some other areas, and the mesh shape has been refined. Vertex count seems to be the same as the Khajiit/previous Lykaios heads but vanilla Khajiit morphs don't seem to work on the new heads so I assume whatever Kritta did to them changed the vertex order.

1 hour ago, PaulGreen said:

Is Object Studio = Outfit Studio? I recall several years ago mentioning to the bodyslide person that functions on obj files may re-order vertex order, but I do not think it accomplished anything. It's possible I don't understand the reasoning for it and if there is a good reason, but I have seen this as well.

Outfit Studio can keep the vertex order intact just fine. In fact, that's how the heads for my shark race mod are made: I export the Argonian CITRUS head as an OBJ, Nightro changes the shape in ZBrush (which seems to keep vertex count and order untouched if you follow a specific procedure), he sends me the new shape as an OBJ and I import it back into the NIF using Outfit Studio.

If everything goes well, OS shows a message stating that both the loaded NIF and the imported OBJ have the same vertex count and order, and whether I want to import the OBJ data into the NIF (both vertex position and UV can be selected separalately). Say "Yes" to both, boom, you have the new head shape while keeping the morphs fully functional.

36 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

To say truth, I haven't compared the old and new lykaios heads. It's possible there's no difference and it's just the tri files that changed. The old version used the khajiit tris, so was definitely a morph of the khajiit head mesh.

See my explanation above. The new heads are not the same as the old ones, though I'm not sure of the extent of the changes outside of the ear UV and the shape refinement.

54 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

If everything goes well, OS shows a message stating that both the loaded NIF and the imported OBJ have the same vertex count and order, and whether I want to import the OBJ data into the NIF (both vertex position and UV can be selected separalately). Say "Yes" to both, boom, you have the new head shape while keeping the morphs fully functional.

This I can do and it mostly works. (A few meshes have been uncooperative.) But I have never been able to create a new nif this way, or, for example, import a low-poly nif into OS, export the OBJ, subdivide the OBJ in blender, and then import the new OBJ back into OS and export a working nif. The obj doesn't have weights, of course, and I've tried copying weights from the original mesh to the new inside OS, but the resulting nif isn't usable. 

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

This I can do and it mostly works. (A few meshes have been uncooperative.) But I have never been able to create a new nif this way, or, for example, import a low-poly nif into OS, export the OBJ, subdivide the OBJ in blender, and then import the new OBJ back into OS and export a working nif. The obj doesn't have weights, of course, and I've tried copying weights from the original mesh to the new inside OS, but the resulting nif isn't usable. 

Then something must be wrong on your end, I've been able to create brand new NIFs from scratch using only OBJs just fine. Hell, I've ported several armors from FO3/FNV to Skyrim using that method (remember the white hoodie and pants from the pics posted here? Well, do they look familiar?). Head parts work fine as well, I recently ported Nightro's new fin meshes for the shark race (he created them 100% from scratch) to a game-ready nif and I didn't have any issues.

What process did you follow? And why wasn't the nif usable?

I think I remember what it was..

Review of the the code for outfit studio, it develops the array of vertices in memory by reading them in from the face list (things call it the 'index list' sometimes) in the order in which they are encountered. When the obj, .nif, or whatever is later exported, the vertex array is exported in the order in which it resides in memory.

So, if the face list references the indexes of the vertex list in order, then nothing happens and is fine. If the verticies are referenced not in order in the face list, then the verticies are re-ordered on import and will be changed in any subsequent export.

For instance, try saving this as an OBJ and importing it, then just directly exporting it. See if it changes the order of the V:

v -1.000000 0.000000 1.000000
v 2.000000 0.000000 1.000000
v -3.000000 0.000000 -1.000000
v 4.000000 0.000000 -1.000000
f 2 4 3
f 1 2 3 

If this is correct, then the exported obj should have a V list like:

v 2.000000 0.000000 1.000000

v 4.000000 0.000000 -1.000000

v -3.000000 0.000000 -1.000000

v -1.000000 0.000000 1.000000

Then, any program that changes the order of the face list will likely cause outfit studio to alter the vertex order when this is imported. This might not be a great practice for a program to do, but it is also entirely valid. There is no requirement for obj files to reference vertex indicies in order.

Outfit studio is pretty well written.. another function it has in the code is to re-order verticies on import to match the UV layout of an OBJ. I forget how this works, too, but it's something like,  even if the V ordering changes, as long as the UV is identical and the UV's only overlapping components are X-mirrors  ( NOT like the mane-fur area on khajiit head OBJ's for instance), then outfit studio will actually fix the ordering automatically on import to match. If ordering is messed up, you can alter the UV temporarily ( reversibly ) to make non X-mirrored sections not overlap, import into outfit studio as a morph and export the result to get back the original V order  ( I THINK..  It's been years since looking at this)

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Just load up the Lungari/bunnies, Birds, and Cellan/otters. Plenty of NPCs for companions there. If anything's incompatible tell me and I'll fix it but I don't know why there would be. Think I tested the Cellan with YA.

@PaulGreen I've lost the bubble on what you're trying to accomplish but OMG I wish everyone making mesh tools would just maintain vert order always. Since it sometimes matters, there's no good reason not to. I have one--one--somewhat fragile method of producing a new mesh with tris that match and if it ever breaks I'm screwed. (Importing the obj into the nif either through ObjectStudio or NifSkope always breaks. The only thing that works is Anton's MeshInjector and I have to use it exactly right.)

I've lightened the male body color from slightly from those photos. KK made the female lighter so this matches, and it allows a better range of colors. You can now make a white wolf about the same shade as the feral white wolves. 

Agreed about Balgruuf's beard. I think the rule has to be that beard hair has to either match fur color or head hair. (I'm not really sure why this doesn't. Something off in the hair texture files, I think.)

I'm using other Furry Race mods with Yiffy Age. Things I hoped is Yiffy age basically include other races thus don't install additional mods. That's all of my personal thinking. Don't mind my word. :)

48 minutes ago, Kardienlupus said:

I'm using other Furry Race mods with Yiffy Age. Things I hoped is Yiffy age basically include other races thus don't install additional mods. That's all of my personal thinking. Don't mind my word. :)

Well, I'd imagine if perhaps YA does add this race as a replacer for the Hagravens, then it won't be playable(as I think the test Blaze did of this suggested). So perhaps at most, some things could be changed for characters like Melka and Moria to not go hostile unless you provoke them to that, though things like new Hagravens NPCs or followers might be something for an optional plugin, though I can't say that would be something I'm that interested in, unlike for the Shark Race. 

On 10/4/2018 at 9:25 PM, Voldearag said:

Same, I've always been planning to remove it all whenever I next install again.  Bad Dog once said they weren't sure about the males having hair, but I'll just remove it from everyone.

May I ask how you plan to do this so I can do the same?

On 10/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, Bad Dog said:

Here are the results of the new transmogrifier, some of your favorite people. I'm running the thing on all the guys and IF it seems okay then I can move on to... 

Females

Nord Vampires

Elders

Elder Vampires

DLC2 nords

bleaugh

not gonna change the children, there aren't enough to matter. 

Hide contents

Kodlak.jpgFalk.jpgBalgruuf.jpgSiddgeir.jpg

Just noticed they all have beards but Siddgeir. I tried to assign hair so beards wouldn't be that common. But I'm not unhappy with those three.

I'll admit the heads and the textures look really good, but as I said before, the hair just ruins it for me. ?

As long as there is a way to remove the hair, I'll update to YA 5.0. 

I'm really excited that you're still constantly working on and updating YA however!

One question though... I know you said uninstalling the mod could be dangerous, but is it safe to update the mod mid-playthrough? Would it be a good idea to back up all my mods and saves before attempting? Just wondering if I were to start a new playthorugh, whether to start now or wait until YA 5 is released (Which I believe I heard was around Christmas?)

If I increment the major version number, that means I'm not confident that you can just upgrade mid-game. Probably if it's just skin tints and meshes it's fine, but I just don't know. And I do plan to clean up the schlong mechanism so it properly uses the latest hoodies and that likely will be incompatible. 

@PG, I get what you say but I've tried exporting OS -> obj, obj -> blender, <no changes>, blender -> obj, obj -> OS and the import is messed up. I think it's the scars nif that shows the problem.

Re creating a good nif from an obj, what's exactly the process you use, Blaze? How do you get bone weights right if you're starting with an obj? If you're copying from a reference body model, I get that, but then how do you end up with a good nif with good texture mapping and proper Dismember partitions? Where do you get the bones that a rigged nif has? I've never been able to assign textures in OS but that may just be that I usually don't run it through MO so it doesn't have access to the texture files. 

Usually what I do is something like: nif -> OS -> obj; edit in blender adding verts or whatever; blender -> obj -> OS, which loads it as a new mesh because the verts don't match; copy bone weights from old mesh to new in OS; delete old mesh; export to nif. New nif never works for me.

Okay, sorry for the spam... but...

I have another problem.

I do not want to include beast schlongs, (Nor any nudity for that matter), so I have disabled the schlong.esp and have not installed SOS.

Now whenever I go to add a patch for the Sofia follower, it says I am missing a master file, which turns out to be SOS. I am kinda confused as this is a female follower, and I have no idea why it would require it? Is it truly required or can I ignore it? I also have the Inigo patch, yet does not say anything is missing for him? Hmm...

4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, I'd imagine if perhaps YA does add this race as a replacer for the Hagravens, then it won't be playable(as I think the test Blaze did of this suggested). So perhaps at most, some things could be changed for characters like Melka and Moria to not go hostile unless you provoke them to that, though things like new Hagravens NPCs or followers might be something for an optional plugin, though I can't say that would be something I'm that interested in, unlike for the Shark Race. 

I mean, it can be playable, but I didn't want to add the Birds mod as a requirement so I copied the Ulri race into a separate plugin, and then made it non-playable because only the required female assets are included, and thus males are non-functional.

No added NPCs so far, only changed the existing Hagravens from the vanilla game. But I've changed Melka to use the Female Argonian voice (closest one to their original voice files so the difference isn't very blatant) and given her the follower and marriage factions, so once you complete her quest, she should become a potential follower and spouse if you have RDO installed (because it adds follower dialogue support for the Female Argonian voice; if you don't have RDO she won't be a follower but she should still be a potential spouse).

For Moira I'm considering a SL Solutions-like option for her scene in A Night To Remember where she gives you the ring peacefully and remains friendly if you agree to "consummate your love" when she asks. Should be able to make her a potential follower and spouse that way too, and thanks to the soft SL dependency method I created for the shark NPC plugin, the mod wouldn't require SL but would still use this functionality if it's installed. I may even implement a fade-to-black failsafe scene if SL is not available so she can still become a follower even without SL. But I'm not completely sure about this yet so nothing has been done so far.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Re creating a good nif from an obj, what's exactly the process you use, Blaze? How do you get bone weights right if you're starting with an obj? If you're copying from a reference body model, I get that, but then how do you end up with a good nif with good texture mapping and proper Dismember partitions? Where do you get the bones that a rigged nif has? I've never been able to assign textures in OS but that may just be that I usually don't run it through MO so it doesn't have access to the texture files. 

Usually what I do is something like: nif -> OS -> obj; edit in blender adding verts or whatever; blender -> obj -> OS, which loads it as a new mesh because the verts don't match; copy bone weights from old mesh to new in OS; delete old mesh; export to nif. New nif never works for me.

I dunno, I don't do anything special. Import the OBJ, load a reference mesh (usually a body, if I'm working on clothes), fit the new shape to the reference if needed, copy bone weights, assign the proper partitions to the new mesh (OS automatically assigns the 32 Body slot to imported OBJs when you copy bone weights, but you can change the slot and/or add new partitions if you want). Then once all of that is done, I save it as a nif and then edit said nif to make some last changes like setting up the proper Shader flags and textures.

The only thing that is bugged and doesn't seem to work in OS is assigning a new texture on runtime (i.e. opening the Textures tab of a mesh and changing the path to a different texture or adding a new texture altogether if there wasn't any). The mesh becomes invisible when you do it so you can't work on it anymore. But I usually get around it by not adding any texture in OS and simply adding it manually in NifSkope afterwards.

What version of OS are you using? Maybe it's outdated/very old and that's why it doesn't work out for you.

Otherwise, if you send me the OBJ(s) you would like to turn into nifs (and the originals/references as well if possible), I could try to get them ported.

3 hours ago, Leviathan1110 said:

Okay, sorry for the spam... but...

I have another problem.

I do not want to include beast schlongs, (Nor any nudity for that matter), so I have disabled the schlong.esp and have not installed SOS.

Now whenever I go to add a patch for the Sofia follower, it says I am missing a master file, which turns out to be SOS. I am kinda confused as this is a female follower, and I have no idea why it would require it? Is it truly required or can I ignore it? I also have the Inigo patch, yet does not say anything is missing for him? Hmm...

It's possible she is set up to use Yiffy Age's "No Schlong" addon, which is used to prevent characters from being assigned an actual schlong addon, when you intend for them to be female. 

Although depending on the file the Sofia patch is looking for (the base SOS .esp or .esm file), you could get away with installing SOS, but none of the default addons, or the YiffyAgeSchlongs.esp(i.e disabling this as you may have already), which would give you the SOS body, males being covered by underwear. Though if the Sofia patch is looking for the YiffyAgeSchlongs.esp specifically, then it likely does have her set up to use the mentioned addon, hence the requirement. 

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

No added NPCs so far, only changed the existing Hagravens from the vanilla game. But I've changed Melka to use the Female Argonian voice (closest one to their original voice files so the difference isn't very blatant) and given her the follower and marriage factions, so once you complete her quest, she should become a potential follower and spouse if you have RDO installed (because it adds follower dialogue support for the Female Argonian voice; if you don't have RDO she won't be a follower but she should still be a potential spouse).

I'd go as far as to consider a Solutions-style option for her too, given her comments about wanting to "eat" you. Though in this case, due to the change in appearance, and the idea of it being something more sexual, a blow...er...beakjob. No idea if it will even look decent, though. 

8 hours ago, Leviathan1110 said:

May I ask how you plan to do this so I can do the same?

I'll admit the heads and the textures look really good, but as I said before, the hair just ruins it for me. ?

I dunno yet, I just felt confident that I can figure it out for some reason.  I figured since they're separate parts I can cut an xEdit string somewhere to stop the hairs from reaching their destination.  Future me puts up with a lot of my crap.

@Blaze, Huh. I'll give it a try next time I'm fooling with meshes. I never found the partition functionality in there but maybe didn't look hard enough. I'm using the latest which understands SSE format--I assume it's still good to use on oldrim meshes?

The sophia patch needing SOS is probably a bug. If you can use TES5Edit, cleaning the masters will probably do it. If not, the above suggestions should help.

10 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

I'd go as far as to consider a Solutions-style option for her too, given her comments about wanting to "eat" you.

Not so sure about that. The one with Moira makes more sense and is kinda needed if you want a way to keep her alive and friendly while completing the ring recovery objective, but with Melka I already make her a friend of the player. If you want to bang her, work for it with some other mod (but the relationship upgrade should help with SLEN or similar mods).

And last, but not least, I can't think of any proper (read: non-cheesy) dialogue for that at the moment, while with Moira I only need to have the PC say "Huh, okay" in response to her vanilla line and that's it.

10 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

[...] a blow...er...beakjob. No idea if it will even look decent, though. 

Nope, not really. BD even has a small note about it in the Birds mod page, lol.

And I'm pretty sure it would also look bad if she tried to eat out a female PC, so there's that (with the beak closed you could maybe pretend it's being used as a dildo, but I'm not sure if that would be comfortable and/or safe; and SL will probably force the beak open due to the coded expressions anyway). Guess if I do set up the scene with Moira, I'll also have her be the receiver with a female PC, just in case.

8 hours ago, Voldearag said:

I dunno yet, I just felt confident that I can figure it out for some reason.  I figured since they're separate parts I can cut an xEdit string somewhere to stop the hairs from reaching their destination.  Future me puts up with a lot of my crap.

You could always edit all the hair and beard records in xEdit to remove the mesh path, and then re-export FaceGen. It worked with the vanilla humanoid scars and beards (we did it that way so we didn't need to remove them from the NPC records that used them), so it should also work with hairs and such.

Will probably take you a while and be tedious as hell, though, so keep that in mind.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

@Blaze, Huh. I'll give it a try next time I'm fooling with meshes. I never found the partition functionality in there but maybe didn't look hard enough. I'm using the latest which understands SSE format--I assume it's still good to use on oldrim meshes?

AFAIK there's only a main Bodyslide release that works for all supported games (FO3/FNV, Skyrim LE, SE and FO4), so yeah, it should be good.

You may also want to check out the Bodyslide/OS wiki. Doesn't have info about everything OS can do, but what's actually there may be of help.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I tested what I mentioned above in outfit studio. It is indeed still the case... So any obj file with non-sequential vertex index reference in the face list will cause the vertex list to re-order. The case of 'non-sequential' lists is common when using other programs that work on OBJs.  Most programs don't bother to change the order of the face list if you don't adjust the topology, so anything exported from bodyslide will still be okay when imported as long as the list wasn't changed,  but anything generated outside or if the topology is adjust has a good chance of causing alteration.

For instance, maybe the NIF you are working from already has a non-sequential face list, so that order is preserved through NIF export, through to blender, and then the import into outfit studio re-orders them. Additionally, changing the topology in blender has a good chance of causing a non-sequential face list as well.

Additionally, I observe that the newest versions of Nifskope ALSO now do this... the same code style that re-orders verts on import made its way into nifskope apparently, heh.  The old versions like 1.3.3 do not do this,  but the latest 2.X versions do.

So, basically, you have to be careful. Since bodyslide / outfit studio,  and now nifskope 2.X have a good chance of vert re-order when working with OBJs generated from outside,  it might be best to simply import / export as soon as possible in your working chain to get it in the style of OBJ those programs demand.

I might even be able to write a script to fix this situation...  One can maintain the vert order, but just move around the order of the face-list lines (which no program should care about either) to try and maintain sequential order. It might not always be possible if doing so would mess up winding orders on the face lines, but some obj's could be fixed.

Hello people, i'm having an issue that may or may not be my fault. My question is does EBD conflict with Yiffy age in some manner? I've installed yiffy age of skyrim along with the relevant patches but I also have Every Body's different installed as well. I created the EBD patch before loading the game while only using it to effect only khajiit's and argonian's so i'm unaware if it is the cause of my issue. The actual issue is that all of the races are using the original skyrim textures for races rather than the ones provided by yiffy age. I've since removed EBD and reinstalled Yiffy age but that didnt work to correct the issue. I also have the lykaios legacy mod installed specifically for applying a few textures available from that mod applied through Vortex. I used vortex when installing all of this on a fresh install of skyrim. Any help would be appreciated. I've also included to pictures: one is showing the issue and the other is showing the odd man out who seems to be unaffected. 

20181011145432_1.jpg

20181011145503_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ginzored said:

applied through Vortex. I used vortex when installing all of this on a fresh install of skyrim.

I was going to say you probably have a load order issue (i.e. some mod that edits vanilla race data is loading after YA and reverting the changes to the naked skins), which you probably have, but turns out you have a mod manager problem.

Thing is, apparently some very bright mind thought it was a good idea to remove manual load order editing from Vortex and force the LO to be sorted through LOOT only. But, big surprise, it is a bad idea. Very bad. Like, really, really bad. So you while in a real mod manager fixing it would be a matter of making sure YA loads after all of the other plugins by dragging it to the bottom of the load order, you probably can't actually fix it due to the way Vortex works (or you would need to somehow edit LOOT's materlist to do so, which sounds like quite a hassle).

Do yourself a favor, dump Vortex, and get MO2 instead. Trust me. MO2 is the only good way to mod Skyrim.

BTW, in case you are wondering, IIRC the Torturer dude uses the Elder (old people) race, which isn't playable so it's usually not touched by most vanilla-race-editing mods. So chances are that's why he is unaffected by the bug, and means I'm probably right about the load order issue.

No idea on EBD; I get the feeling it isn't exactly compatible with YA but I won't know for sure unless I check out the mod and see what it actually does.

11 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I was going to say you probably have a load order issue (i.e. some mod that edits vanilla race data is loading after YA and reverting the changes to the naked skins), which you probably have, but turns out you have a mod manager problem.

Thing is, apparently some very bright mind thought it was a good idea to remove manual load order editing from Vortex and force the LO to be sorted through LOOT only. But, big surprise, it is a bad idea. Very bad. Like, really, really bad. So you while in a real mod manager fixing it would be a matter of making sure YA loads after all of the other plugins by dragging it to the bottom of the load order, you probably can't actually fix it due to the way Vortex works (or you would need to somehow edit LOOT's materlist to do so, which sounds like quite a hassle).

Do yourself a favor, dump Vortex, and get MO2 instead. Trust me. MO2 is the only good way to mod Skyrim.

BTW, in case you are wondering, IIRC the Torturer dude uses the Elder (old people) race, which isn't playable so it's usually not touched by most vanilla-race-editing mods. So chances are that's why he is unaffected by the bug, and means I'm probably right about the load order issue.

No idea on EBD; I get the feeling it isn't exactly compatible with YA but I won't know for sure unless I check out the mod and see what it actually does.

Well shite. I knew that loot thing was going to catch me sooner or later, too bad it was sooner. Thanks for the heads up on all of this, I really didnt think EBD had an affect on it seeing as I didn't even add the normal races to its modify list. Sadly I just switched to Vortex and spent 7 days getting my mods up to standards and without major errors. I'll have to modify the Master list for the built in loot system somehow or spend another 7 days fixing everything with MO2

Edit: I just checked my load order to confirm and Yiffyageconsolidated.esp is number 37 on my list which from what i understand about my load order is exactly what i wanted. Its supposed to come before the few files that rely on it. no other mods ovewrite Yiffy age.......hmmm I'm definitely missing something here.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Is it actually worth it to move from MO Legacy to MO2? I've been interested in trying MO2 just not sure if it's all that worth it. Will I need to relearn everything? I've mostly learnt everything about MO Legacy. I'd like to know before I start a new playthrough though.