It's my understanding the SSME was rolled into SKSE. ENBoost should go without saying.

Per chance, but there's the occasional oddball like me who likes the vanilla look of the game. So installing an ENB, something I figured was just a graphics mod till I looked into it in depth, never occured to me. So a warning about ENBoost would probably help quite a few more people.

It's my understanding the SSME was rolled into SKSE. ENBoost should go without saying.

Per chance, but there's the occasional oddball like me who likes the vanilla look of the game. So installing an ENB, something I figured was just a graphics mod till I looked into it in depth, never occured to me. So a warning about ENBoost would probably help quite a few more people.

Don't use SSME.Use the SKSE version. If your to lazy to setup your SKSE ini then download SKSE INI Pre-download for Lazy Users

Also for increased stability, install Crash Fixes and follow it's instructions for setting up. STEP doesn't list it, however it is a real godsend in fixing many crash problems I use to have. I would also recommend installing Load Screen CTD Fix to fix a very annoying one that makes it almost impossible to load up your most recent save. Sometimes needing to load up an older save first and then that save or start a new game and then load the old save after that.

Don't use SSME.Use the SKSE version. If your to lazy to setup your SKSE ini then download SKSE INI Pre-download for Lazy Users

Also for increased stability, install Crash Fixes and follow it's instructions for setting up. STEP doesn't list it, however it is a real godsend in fixing many crash problems I use to have. I would also recommend installing Load Screen CTD Fix to fix a very annoying one that makes it almost impossible to load up your most recent save. Sometimes needing to load up an older save first and then that save or start a new game and then load the old save after that.

I haven't figured out everything, but on the skyrim main menu, instead of loading a past game, use "coc ctest" in the console. It loads you into a blank cell, and fixes most of my loading issues. ctest "might" come with AS:LAL though.

I haven't figured out everything, but on the skyrim main menu, instead of loading a past game, use "coc ctest" in the console. It loads you into a blank cell, and fixes most of my loading issues. ctest "might" come with AS:LAL though.

That was the old method, before we figured out what the cause of that CTD was. We know have a better solution: use Load Game CTD Fix as suggested by foxia.

So, this is how it goes: the game engine has some faults in its code that could cause it to run an invalid multi-threaded load related command that causes a CTD (the more stuff it has to load, the higher the chances of it actually happening; that's why the more mods and anims you have installed the higher the chances of CTD). The fix hooks into the engine using SKSE and forces it to use a single CPU thread while loading so that the bad command is not run. This could increase the load times a bit (though TBH I've barely noticed any change at all) and causes the FPS during load screens to be very low (10 or so instead of the usual 30), but otherwise doesn't affect the game during normal gameplay and works 100% in preventing the crash.

TL;DR: use Load Game CTD FIx.

That was the old method, before we figured out what the cause of that CTD was. We know have a better solution: use Load Game CTD Fix as suggested by foxia.

So, this is how it goes: the game engine has some faults in its code that could cause it to run an invalid multi-threaded load related command that causes a CTD (the more stuff it has to load, the higher the chances of it actually happening; that's why the more mods and anims you have installed the higher the chances of CTD). The fix hooks into the engine using SKSE and forces it to use a single CPU thread while loading so that the bad command is not run. This could increase the load times a bit (though TBH I've barely noticed any change at all) and causes the FPS during load screens to be very low (10 or so instead of the usual 30), but otherwise doesn't affect the game during normal gameplay and works 100% in preventing the crash.

TL;DR: use Load Game CTD FIx.

Awesome, I didn't know that's what was going on. Thanks!

This may be something that is quite obvious, but the exact color of skin textures can really define what colors can easily be used in-game. Some Argonian texture sets can have this problem, as they have enough green in the texture that extremes(mostly black and white), don't look very good. The black ends up having a green tint that may not be wanted, and the white is more a pale green. This applies to some of YA's textures too, though I don't mean to say it is a problem. 

Still, say you want a color for certain races that goes quite far from the color of the base texture. Say a grey Redguard/Hyena. 

post-62699-0-10413200-1509157434_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-15630500-1509157466_thumb.png

Bit of desaturation makes that possible. Even edited the RG/Hyena schlong textures to be mostly black, though the base(or top) of the texture still lines up. 

Tried the same thing with the Cheetah textures, though I must have saved them with the wrong settings. Have to try that again. 

Also, for that Black loincloth recolor...

post-62699-0-35492300-1509157788_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-12055400-1509157809_thumb.png

Seems that under direct light, it has a bit too much shine to look any darker than grey, and in more moderate light like in exteriors(in likely semi-cloudy sky, not too sure about bright sun). it looks as intended. 

This may be something that is quite obvious, but the exact color of skin textures can really define what colors can easily be used in-game. Some Argonian texture sets can have this problem, as they have enough green in the texture that extremes(mostly black and white), don't look very good. The black ends up having a green tint that may not be wanted, and the white is more a pale green. This applies to some of YA's textures too, though I don't mean to say it is a problem. 

Yeah, well, that's due to how the skin tinting system works, so there isn't much to be done about it outside of tweaking the textures to be more "neutral" and offer a wider range of options; but even then, you could be losing a bit of tone definition on some races that are generally supposed to follow a single color palette (i.e. tan cheetahs and lions).

Still, say you want a color for certain races that goes quite far from the color of the base texture. Say a grey Redguard/Hyena. 

attachicon.gif DaintySload1.pngattachicon.gif Stroking1.png

Bit of desaturation makes that possible. Even edited the RG/Hyena schlong textures to be mostly black, though the base(or top) of the texture still lines up. 

Not bad, though I think I'll stick to yellow-ish hyenas for now.

Can't really see it in the pic, but looks like you simply painted the whole schlong black? I would have painted the actual schlong black while leaving the sheath the same color as the body, but that's alright too, I guess.

Also, for that Black loincloth recolor...

attachicon.gif BlackLoincloth1.pngattachicon.gif BlackLoincloth2.png

Seems that under direct light, it has a bit too much shine to look any darker than grey, and in more moderate light like in exteriors(in likely semi-cloudy sky, not too sure about bright sun). it looks as intended. 

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I haven't looked into it yet, but I'd say either the meshes have the wrong shader settings or the specular is wrong/missing.

For those that don't know yet, all meshes that use tangent-space normals (aka everything except for character bodyparts/asses) have the specular map included as the alpha channel of the normal map, so if the normal is missing an alpha, the game treats it as a full #ffffff while specular and makes things shine like a freaking supernova.

Anyway, I'll check it out and come back here if I find what the cause is.

Can't really see it in the pic, but looks like you simply painted the whole schlong black? I would have painted the actual schlong black while leaving the sheath the same color as the body, but that's alright too, I guess.

For the Anthro schlong, I blended the RG/Hyena base texture with the Panther texture - along with desaturating and darkening the tip to be more consistent. With the sheath, I just made the schlong part darker, leaving the rest of the texture as is - mostly because I'm not too sure of blending the sheath part in the same way. 

Also replaced the Imperial/Vaalsark textures with the diffuse/color textures of the Panthers. 

post-62699-0-68914000-1509193053_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-09826200-1509193074_thumb.png

Also replaced the Imperial/Vaalsark textures with the diffuse/color textures of the Panthers. 

attachicon.gifMainMenu1.pngattachicon.gifImperialLoadscreen1.png

Oh, so you went for the same I did for Jena in the NPC plugin for the Shark Race? Do you want anubian jackals as well :P?

Which reminds me, I should either update Jena's meshes and textures to the latest YA setup (specially the feet ones) or make her a regular Imperial. Ko'Maru would need some updating as well. Huh, I'll add it to the list.

Anyway, speaking of Imperials: BadDog, I take it you are indeed going to regenerate the heads for Vaalsark and Lykaios using CITRUS? Your previous wording didn't specify whether you intended to do it no matter what or it would just be if regenning the heads was the only way to fix the bugs, but looking at your latest posts (and what foxia said) seems like it's the former. So, which one is it?

The current textures are my compromise between the color of the creature and the desire to have a range of fur hues in game. Tigers and cheetahs are way desaturated from the textures I worked with so that there could be some variation. I didn't do that with the hyenas, but I like your gray hyena and I think some of them are way too garish-yellow in the current setup. I'll probably desaturate the base color and provide a near-gray as one of end of the color range for them in the next rev.

For heads, I was just planning on foxes, actually. Lykaios and Vaalsark heads aren't bugging me.

So, my return to Oblivion to take a break from Skyrim was short lived, because turns out the Windows 10 Fall Update that got rid of the DX9 VRAM bug also broke ENB/ENBoost for Oblivion, so no more extra memory/stability for the game. Add a very long mod list on top of that (so looking for heavy/rogue scripts hogging performance and/or causing memory leaks is practically impossible), and you get an unplayable crashy mesh, even more than Skyrim (lol  :classic_confused:).

Instead I simply decided to start a brand new Skyrim playthrough to take advantage of all the extra memory GBs I couldn't use before, and went for a cheetah too. Funny how it's the first time ever I play an Altmer, and it's not an actual vanilla Altmer. Anyway, I just started, but everything is working (and looking) great so far.

Some quick pics:

--- Removed ---

Using Bikini Maiden/The Amazing World of Bikini Armor, and it works surprisingly well so far with the furries (specially cheetahs, with their fur-layer-less necks). Of course circlets, crowns and other headwear look wrong, and the tighter neck covers do have a bit of clipping, but otherwise everything is fine.

So, yeah. In case it wasn't obvious already, I love this mod, lol  :classic_tongue:.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else think cheetahs look... overly smug? A similar thing seems to happen with female leopard heads as well in some situations/expressions, but the spotted kitties go overkill with it. Their default face just gives off that vibe. It may be the eyes, or the mouth, or both, I don't know. All I know is we couldn't have gone for a more fitting replacement for Altmer, lol :classic_laugh:.

So, my return to Oblivion to take a break from Skyrim was short lived, because turns out the Windows 10 Fall Update that got rid of the DX9 VRAM bug also broke ENB/ENBoost for Oblivion, so no more extra memory/stability for the game. Add a very long mod list on top of that (so looking for heavy/rogue scripts hogging performance and/or causing memory leaks is practically impossible), and you get an unplayable crashy mesh, even more than Skyrim (lol  :s).

Instead I simply decided to start a brand new Skyrim playthrough to take advantage of all the extra memory GBs I couldn't use before, and went for a cheetah too. Funny how it's the first time ever I play an Altmer, and it's not an actual vanilla Altmer. Anyway, I just started, but everything is working (and looking) great so far.

Some quick pics:

attachicon.gifShalia_Vilemyr_Inn_1.png attachicon.gifShalia_Vilemyr_Inn_2.png attachicon.gifShalia_Vilemyr_Inn_3.png

Using Bikini Maiden/The Amazing World of Bikini Armor, and it works surprisingly well so far with the furries (specially cheetahs, with their fur-layer-less necks). Of course circlets, crowns and other headwear look wrong, and the tighter neck covers do have a bit of clipping, but otherwise everything is fine.

So, yeah. In case it wasn't obvious already, I love this mod, lol  :P.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else think cheetahs look... overly smug? A similar thing seems to happen with female leopard heads as well in some situations/expressions, but the spotted kitties go overkill with it. Their default face just gives off that vibe. It may be the eyes, or the mouth, or both, I don't know. All I know is we couldn't have gone for a more fitting replacement for Altmer, lol :lol:.

Well it can't be perfect. Compromises need to be made between the head and mouth mesh to achieve different cat specific head shapes without making different mouth meshes for each head. In the case of the cheetahs, I would need to lower both the back lips/seams on both the head and mouth mesh. It can be done, just extra work.

Well it can't be perfect. Compromises need to be made between the head and mouth mesh to achieve different cat specific head shapes without making different mouth meshes for each head. In the case of the cheetahs, I would need to lower both the back lips/seams on both the head and mouth mesh. It can be done, just extra work.

Hey, not complaining at all, just curious if anybody had felt the same about the cheetahs.

As I said, it fits the race pretty well, and I kinda like it on my chars too. The only "complain" I could have (if you could call it that) is that If I wanted to go through a lewd photoshoot, the facial expression in most pics would be "smug sexy" instead of "cute sexy" or just "sexy", lol. As if she was teasing or something  :P.

But yeah, no need to touch them at all. If any more work is done on YA heads, I think it should go into the non-CITRUS races, to get them updated. BadDog has said he plans to do foxes, but Vaalsark and Lykaios would still be missing, so they would be top priority for me. Otherwise, felines (and Kygarra) are just fine as they are  :lol:.

LOL, I just switched from my cheetah mage and started a new sabrelion character. I have to say I freaking love those sabrelions. He just joined the legion to sneak into Cyrodill, but he may never make it back to return that jagged crown.

post-441330-0-32608700-1509331344_thumb.jpg post-441330-0-37437600-1509331348_thumb.jpg

Working on a "Beyond Skryim - Bruma" patch now. It's a bunch of work--seven new races, helmets and boots, plus NPCs. But I'm taking the opportunity to rework some of the coloring. Also foxes.

LOL, I just switched from my cheetah mage and started a new sabrelion character. I have to say I freaking love those sabrelions. He just joined the legion to sneak into Cyrodill, but he may never make it back to return that jagged crown.

attachicon.gifShomari.jpg attachicon.gifShomari jagged crown.jpg

Working on a "Beyond Skryim - Bruma" patch now. It's a bunch of work--seven new races, helmets and boots, plus NPCs. But I'm taking the opportunity to rework some of the coloring. Also foxes.

Also planned foxes with 3-4 shape variants, but too busy to do that for a good long while. I don't really wan't to do more heads ubtil I have, both genders of my bodies done, then I can just do full bodies for normal maps and shape the heads to the high poly versions instead of the other way around. I can probably just take A citrus head into Maya Quad draw and just relax it over the high poly head for fast and best results after some edits in Zbrush.

attachicon.gifShomari.jpg attachicon.gifShomari jagged crown.jpg

So the rabbits might be making a re-appearance through Bruma?

BTW for those currently using Windows 10, if you have the space for another HDD, its worth dual booting with Windows 7 for DirectX 9 games (I've got a couple of early 200GB HDD that I could use myself). I've been finding some strange issues with ENB (eg. missing textures+more frequent crashes) due to updates 1703 and 1709 and therefore stability+performance.

Hadn't thought of bringing the rabbits back, actually. The new elf races are wild elves, sea elves, and snow elves. Snow elves are taken care of (though I couldn't find any actual NPCs), wild elves are tigers with a darker range of fur, and sea elves are cheetahs with a white/gray range of fur (which is actually  a thing). 

The other races are old versions of redguards, imperials, and I forget what else, so they are just minor variants on the vanilla races.

So the rabbits might be making a re-appearance through Bruma?

I wouldn't mind having rabbits back at some point, be it as a custom standalone race or as a yiffy replacer for an existing custom race from another mod like Bruma (though the latter are very scarce). The more races, the better, after all; that's one of the things Oblivion is better at than Skyrim, 'cause it has more beast races available (regardless of whether their quality matches the Skyrim equivalent or not). Like for example all those different dog/canine breeds from Qaws' Race pack, I'd love to have some of them in Skyrim.

But anyway, the thing is, they would need some work, so they are not simply Khajiit with different heads. At the very least, they would need custom body textures, and a CITRUS head conversion would help too; the tail is mostly taken care of by BadDog's tail from YA 2.x but it could use some work as well.

Since in general rabbits and hares tend to have a roughly uniform fur color with the underbelly being lighter, maybe the Sabrelion texture could be used as a base for them? Desaturate it even further so it's almost gray instead of light tan (so that the gray fur shades can be achieved easily), do some edits here and there, remove the mane texture in the case of males, and it could be a good option for them. Huh, may give it a shot myself and see if I can come up with something.

Not a big fan of the rabbits myself. Though I more imagine they were the dwemer than anything else (And why they are not in Yiffy Age anymore. biggrin.png )

Now I know what your all thinking, it makes no sense since all the Elves in one way or another are a  form of cat in Yiffy Age and should be more relate-able to the dunmer since they were considered a separate tribe to them by elder scroll lore. Well here me out. Going by the UESP description in one single sentence we have "In reality, they are better described as having been fearsome, unfathomable, and even cruel, though also careful, intelligent, and industrious."

Dunno about the rest of you, but that one sentence just makes me think of "Watership Down". So in my head the rabbits were the dwemer. And they were extremely cruel especially to the Snow Elves/Snow Leopards and turned them into the hideous thing that is almost elfish but blind, ugly, and furless after many generations that we now have known as the Falmer.

Almost an ironic form of revenge from the days when they were mere predator and prey and problaby had there sights on doing the same to other races that would come to them for help. However never getting a chance after there one science experiment wiped majority of them off the face of Tamriel (All except one in Morrowind that is.) And to describe why so many of the ruins have metal sculptures of humans and automatons with a human like appearance, is in a sense there version and ideal form of god, a god of reason and logic (Ironic I know.)

Not a big fan of the rabbits myself. Though I more imagine they were the dwemer than anything else (And why they are not in Yiffy Age anymore. biggrin.png )

I am not particulary interested in rabbits as I could be in say Snow Leopards, for example, but it's something that's not too far off for me.

To be honest, I think most... let's say animal species (real and otherwise) have at least a fair shot at piquing my interest if done right; with certain exceptions, of course. Never though I would be interested in (anthro) sharks before, and now... well, if my race mod and even my avatar are not proof enough that things have changed, I don't know what is, lol  :P.

Now I know what your all thinking, it makes no sense since all the Elves in one way or another are a  form of cat in Yiffy Age and should be more relate-able to the dunmer since they were considered a separate tribe to them by elder scroll lore. Well here me out. Going by the UESP description in one single sentence we have "In reality, they are better described as having been fearsome, unfathomable, and even cruel, though also careful, intelligent, and industrious."

Dunno about the rest of you, but that one sentence just makes me think of "Watership Down". So in my head the rabbits were the dwemer. And they were extremely cruel especially to the Snow Elves/Snow Leopards and turned them into the hideous thing that is almost elfish but blind, ugly, and furless after many generations that we now have known as the Falmer.

Interesting theory, that. I like it, because it does have some "basis" (never would have thought of the Watership Down connection, but then again I barely know anything about it) and it fits somewhat seamlessly into the other YA lore.

[...] And to describe why so many of the ruins have metal sculptures of humans and automatons with a human like appearance, is in a sense there version and ideal form of god, a god of reason and logic (Ironic I know.)

This point is the only one I don't share, simply due to the fact that I assume those statues are not human looking lore-wise, but rather depict the Dwemer as they were in the YA world (be it rabbits, some other kind of feline as the other elven races, or whatever other species we may want to come up with). Likewise, all the skeletons laying around are canine or feline and there are no humans, and Draugr would be undead wolves as mentioned already. Just technical limitations preventing it from being like that ingame, but in-lore, that's how it goes for me.

But hey, we all have our own headcanon, so it's all fine  :lol:.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, got some work done on the rabbits. Did some cleanup on the original race plugin, and set up the proper RaceCompatibility quest and vampire support and stuff. Y'know, the usual custom race stuff (the original mod had none of it, and had some errors in the plugin including deleted worldspace references.

But I also worked on textures; this is what I've got so far:

post-90180-0-13726300-1509475305_thumb.png post-90180-0-93593400-1509475378_thumb.png post-90180-0-02869000-1509475391_thumb.png
post-90180-0-23423500-1509475412_thumb.png post-90180-0-37230100-1509475427_thumb.png post-90180-0-21543900-1509475436_thumb.png

Used human feet because the paw textures are done already in YA and it would take a minute to give them paws, but since human feet textures are non-existant in YA it would be harder to go from paws to feet. Also note that the male is wearing underwear because I don't have any SOS addon set up for them yet and thus males have an empty crotch hole when naked otherwise.

As you can see there, I'm also missing the tails, which leads me to this: @BadDog, could you post a file with the rabbit tail meshes and textures? Or alternatively, a link to the latest main release of YA 2.x? All of the drive links in the description and download section point to the specific files themselves instead of the Drive folder, so I can't access the old files and I don't have them on my PC anymore.

I'm thinking if this works out and you all think it's worth it, I could release the updated race in here and maybe in the Nexus too. Permissions for the original mod are fine on that aspect. Just an idea, though  :shy:.

Edited by Blaze69

I think the "mirror" link points to the YA 3 folder that has an "Old Versions" subfolder. But I can post the rabbits.

I like what you did--in fact I did something similar for my fox revision. But maybe for rabbits the belly should be closer in color to the back and side fur? They don't have so much of a bicolor thing going on.

LOL about the Watership Down reference. Those bunnies took no prisoners.