Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Erm, I also found John in the female name section. It's possible there is a woman out there called John that I'm not aware of but it might also be something worth reporting.

Posted
53 minutes ago, Balgin said:

Erm, I also found John in the female name section. It's possible there is a woman out there called John that I'm not aware of but it might also be something worth reporting.


I had an aunt name John.

Posted
6 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Oh yes, there is a plan.

 

The quest is about 80% done, and soon enough the player will get rid of the devices and locks, and at the end of the quest be totally free (unless they actively decide something else).

 

hehn.... so my game is on hold for a bit then :)

Posted

How can I tag high heels as high heels so that they are also recognised as such for the mod?

yps-ImmersiveFashion (6.5.2) + yps-SoundTexturePackage20230506 LE+SE
Skyrim AE 1.6.353

Posted (edited)

As v.6.2 passed, I thought that the mod was finally abandoned. And I'm glad it's not. I would like to thank the developer for returning to fashion.
And I would like to ask a question:
Even in the version before the break, seeing the plot of fashion and seeing chairs with... "seat belts" in salons? I wanted to ask a question, but then there was no one who knew the development plans, as there was an interruption.
These belts are just part of the chair model or something from the plans. (Judging from the general direction of fashion.)

Or something for the safety of the character?

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.9a5feb3ef07f14943e6dd7521fb49f59.jpeg

 

 

 


As I said, I played only in 6.2 and now I'm waiting for the end of the plot to replay it. Therefore, I apologize in advance if something like this has already been introduced, but I simply was not aware and asked an empty question.

Edited by skyrim696696
Posted
5 hours ago, GerdWagner said:

How can I tag high heels as high heels so that they are also recognised as such for the mod?

yps-ImmersiveFashion (6.5.2) + yps-SoundTexturePackage20230506 LE+SE
Skyrim AE 1.6.353

 I'm 99% sure you don't need to tag them, they just auto detect.  They either need the HDT high heels enchantment, or the NiOveride height offset high enough to count.  Most any high heel will already have these build in unless you use some of the super super outdated ones.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else get a purple scalp when using the some of the LE Holiday Gift HG hairs downloaded from the link on this page? Because I was and I bodged a fix together. I'll post it for everyone else if it's an actual problem and not just my personal setup playing up.

Edited by jib_buttkiss
Posted
20 hours ago, skyrim696696 said:

These belts are just part of the chair model or something from the plans. (Judging from the general direction of fashion.)

 

The barber chair model was created by Kakabishan, who maybe had some reason why to add the "seat belts" (I don't know myself). Currently, the player cannot move during hair or nail makeover sessions, so you might consider the belts are being used.

Recently I added the "hairstyle model" feature, which is some sort of "forced makeover". Maybe it would be nice to still extend it to include random nail polish, lipstick etc... interesting idea. :)

Posted
20 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

 I'm 99% sure you don't need to tag them, they just auto detect.  They either need the HDT high heels enchantment, or the NiOveride height offset high enough to count.  Most any high heel will already have these build in unless you use some of the super super outdated ones.

My HighHeels are usually lifted with one of these two values in the NIF:

NiStringExtraData
Name: SDTA
String Data: [{"name":"NPC","pos":[0, 0, 7.0]}]  

or

NiFloatExtraData
Name: HH_OFFSET
String Data: 7.000000

However, both seem not to be recognised by the mod. Because with "Arched Feets" the high heels with these values are always taken off... Unfortunately, deactivating the MCM option that activates this behaviour does not seem to work either.

I have now tried the keyword from Devious Devices "zad_DeviousBoots" and it works, but brings unwanted side effects...
Are there other keywords that will work? The ones from BakaFactory don't seem to work, because my high heels usually already have them.

Posted

Anyone knows if there is a voice package in the making for this awesome mod? A Dragonborn Voice Over patch (Bella) would be sooo fantastic. (I know it costs money to make)

 

If I finish my current projects, I might look into doing both. But that won't be for a while ?

 

Emily: Can't wait for the the quest to finish ? I dropped Hormones for YPS + Bimbos. So I need another way to turn the boy into a girl that loves fashion.

Posted
2 hours ago, GerdWagner said:

My HighHeels are usually lifted with one of these two values in the NIF:

NiStringExtraData
Name: SDTA
String Data: [{"name":"NPC","pos":[0, 0, 7.0]}]  

or

NiFloatExtraData
Name: HH_OFFSET
String Data: 7.000000

However, both seem not to be recognised by the mod. Because with "Arched Feets" the high heels with these values are always taken off... Unfortunately, deactivating the MCM option that activates this behaviour does not seem to work either.

I have now tried the keyword from Devious Devices "zad_DeviousBoots" and it works, but brings unwanted side effects...
Are there other keywords that will work? The ones from BakaFactory don't seem to work, because my high heels usually already have them.

My mod has the heels formatted the first way and I believe they detect. Although I haven't actually played recently.  I do know that their is a minimum height for boots to be considered heels, but the two of mine I just looked at are 7.0 and 7.5.

 

Could you clarify what you mean by "not recognized"?  Could you be a little clearer explaining the situation, you are bringing up a lot of seemingly unrelated topics.  Arched feet have nothing to do with with heels being recognized.

 

 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

My mod has the heels formatted the first way and I believe they detect. Although I haven't actually played recently.  I do know that their is a minimum height for boots to be considered heels, but the two of mine I just looked at are 7.0 and 7.5.

 

Could you clarify what you mean by "not recognized"?  Could you be a little clearer explaining the situation, you are bringing up a lot of seemingly unrelated topics.  Arched feet have nothing to do with with heels being recognized.

 

 

As I understand "Arched Feet", you can't wear anything else but high heels from the moment you receive it. And every time I try it, the high heels are taken off again, as if I had just wanted to wear normal shoes.
That's why I tried to deactivate the option "Arched Feet won't fit into normal shoes" in the MCM, but unfortunately it didn't change the behaviour.

 

The only success I had now was with the keyword "zad_DeviousBoots", but this causes heels to be recognised also as bondage boots, which then leads to a series of effects by Devious Devices...

Posted
6 minutes ago, GerdWagner said:

As I understand "Arched Feet", you can't wear anything else but high heels from the moment you receive it. And every time I try it, the high heels are taken off again, as if I had just wanted to wear normal shoes.
That's why I tried to deactivate the option "Arched Feet won't fit into normal shoes" in the MCM, but unfortunately it didn't change the behaviour.

 

The only success I had now was with the keyword "zad_DeviousBoots", but this causes heels to be recognised also as bondage boots, which then leads to a series of effects by Devious Devices...

Oh ok, so it's not that your heels aren't detecting as high heels, it's that they are not satisfying the requirements to wear high heels when you character has arched feet.

 

So I believe the intended function is that you can only reach the final stage of training by wearing bondage heels, I believe these have to be tagged with "zad_DeviousBoots" to get to tier 6 of training.  I would assume the intended functionality is for you to be able to work back to normal high heels after being trained to tier 6 with bondage heels, but I'm not sure the mod actually supports that.  I think you may just have to go barefoot for a while to progress back to tier 5. 

 

Honestly the Heel training progression has always just been ok in terms of it lining up with player expectations, this is largely a kink fantasy mod so "what makes sense" varies from player to player.  I made a post a few years back about how I would change it, but ultimately nothing about this mod is actually realistic so there is no correct answer.  I actual have a personal patch that I made that rescales the speed penalties.  I'm not skilled enough to edit much more than that though.

 

Either way it sounds like you problem is more "I don't like the way this mod is designed" than it is "this mod isn't working"

 

Maybe there is a problem with if you are supposed to be able to work backwards from bondage heels to regular heels, you'd have to ask emily1673 what her intent was.

Posted
15 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

I actual have a personal patch that I made that rescales the speed penalties.

This implies that it's possible to - from a different mod - access the training stage and $do_stuff with it? What's the variable it's stored in, do you remember perchance?

Posted
3 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

This implies that it's possible to - from a different mod - access the training stage and $do_stuff with it? What's the variable it's stored in, do you remember perchance?

I accessed the ypsSpellSpeedDebuff10, ypsSpellSpeedDebuff20 ect and rescaled them. A bunch of the buff/debuff spells are easily accessed (and well labeled!) if you want to mod them.

 

(heels/barefoot/bondage)

 

0 Untrained Feet: 60/0/40 to 60/0/40

1 High Heel Novice: 50/10/35 to 40/0/25

2 Flexible Feet: 40/20/25 to 30/0/25

3 High Heel Walker: 30/40/15 to 0/5/10

4 Arched Feet: 17.5/60/5 to 0/15/5

5 Bondage Feet: 10/65/0 to 0/50/0

 

The default settings on these speeds are logical to start, with consistently improving heel walking and consistently worsening barefoot walking.  I never liked this progression as it doesn't align with my vision of how high heel training should work. Stage 0 represents someone who has literally never worn heels before (think guys and preteen girls trying heels for the first time).  Stage 1 happens after a few moments later, it's the same group but after the have "figured things out", so they have a significant improvement, but still are very unconfident.  What shouldn't happen in stage 1 is a penalty for walking without heels, as spending 5 minutes learning to walk in heels isn't damaging so no penalty to barefoot walking. Stage 2 I think of as someone who knows how to wear heels but doesn't all the time, a prom date or a girl going to an important interview.  They know what they are doing but heels are impractical so they still cant run fast, and they aren't wearing heels all the time so they can go back to barefoot no problem.  Stage 3 is the "high heels every day girl" she's super comfortable in heels (maybe she even dances or works out in them) but constant wearing of heels can be damaging, so there is a small penalty when barefoot.  Stage 4 is Barbie, it's unnatural for her to be barefoot, and she has transformed herself physically to be stuck wearing only high heels.  Stage 5 is just a more extreme version of this.

 

"Realism" or "immersion" is important but I think the most important thing for this progression is narrative. The original progression makes heels punishing and keeps them punishing, while essentially locking them on your feet due to the HUGE penalty for taking them off. It encourages a story line where the PC puts on a pair of heels and from second 1 never considers taking them off.  The goal for my progression is to be a little more dynamic, at the early stages my PC wears heels for special occasions, important ceremonies like seeing the jarl, or when she needs the speech boost to persuade someone, she takes them off for combat.  As she gets more experience she progresses to wearing them more and more often due to needing the save the fashion buff.  Eventually she gets more confident in them and starts wearing them full time to stave off fashion addiction.  At that point she's not really getting anything positive out of them, but they aren't hurting her.  Eventually she ends up with arched feet and is trapped in her heels by both her physical transformation and her fashion addiction.

 

I think this plays well into the addiction mechanics of the mod and it makes for fun short term reward/long term danger choices for players.  As a side not I toned down the bondage heels due to the tendency for stacking speedbuffs to make the game unplayable, I ignored the obvious comparative "un-realism" 

Posted
On 7/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, Thorxx said:

Anyone knows if there is a voice package in the making for this awesome mod? A Dragonborn Voice Over patch (Bella) would be sooo fantastic. (I know it costs money to make)

There is a voice over patch for SE I posted in the mod description. (Not for the Dragonborn though.)

 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

@Darkwing241 That was not exactly the answer I was looking for, but thank you for your opinion piece.

 

int property HeelTrainingStatus = 0 auto conditional
; 0 = untrained; 10 = high heel novice; 20 = flexible feet; 30 = high heel walker; 40 = arched feet; 50 = slave feet

is what you want? YpsHeelsTicker.psc

more logic in Function CheckPlayerHeels()

Edited by TnkQV
Posted
On 7/13/2023 at 8:18 AM, jib_buttkiss said:

Does anyone else get a purple scalp when using the some of the LE Holiday Gift HG hairs downloaded from the link on this page? Because I was and I bodged a fix together. I'll post it for everyone else if it's an actual problem and not just my personal setup playing up.

 

I had the same problem and came here looking for a fix. If you're willing to share your fix, I'd love to try it.

Posted
On 7/14/2023 at 8:41 PM, Darkwing241 said:

The default settings on these speeds are logical to start, with consistently improving heel walking and consistently worsening barefoot walking.  I never liked this progression as it doesn't align with my vision of how high heel training should work.

Of course you may edit this mod to make it fit to your needs (I also do the same with some other mods). The heal training system is one of the oldest features in this mod, long before "fashion feature" was implemented, so I didn't have many incentives to encourage the player to continue with the training, other than walking speed. I might rewrite this in the future, but am not currently working on this.

 

On 7/14/2023 at 3:31 PM, NoirXiaoba said:

This implies that it's possible to - from a different mod - access the training stage and $do_stuff with it? What's the variable it's stored in, do you remember perchance?

If you want to $do_stuff with the heal training stages, a better way would be to ask me to add some mod events. ?

 

As for the problem that some heels cannot be worn once you got arched feet, that is a bug and should be fixed. (Feel free to tell me how to fix it :P ).

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, exploringedges said:

 

I had the same problem and came here looking for a fix. If you're willing to share your fix, I'd love to try it.

 

Sure! It's a bit of a sledgehammer fix, so I wanted to make sure it was a real problem before I uploaded anything. A sensible person would have just fixed the bugged scalp nif to have a texture, but I couldn't get that to work so instead I edited the .esp to redirect the bugged scalp's headpart to use the other scalp's nif.

 

Holiday Gift Hairdos.esp

Edited by jib_buttkiss
Posted

Do you think it would be great if the hair that was cut have more value (than it was right now) when it gets sold to the store? or maybe it could be use for something like crafting material equivalent (like a leather or something)

I think from RP standpoint it would be cool that keeping the hair long will give you some benefit in term of money or crafting material 

Posted
19 minutes ago, feedlr said:

Do you think it would be great if the hair that was cut have more value (than it was right now) when it gets sold to the store? or maybe it could be use for something like crafting material equivalent (like a leather or something)

I think from RP standpoint it would be cool that keeping the hair long will give you some benefit in term of money or crafting material 

Should be usable to make wigs :)

Posted
2 hours ago, feedlr said:

Do you think it would be great if the hair that was cut have more value (than it was right now) when it gets sold to the store? or maybe it could be use for something like crafting material equivalent (like a leather or something)

I think from RP standpoint it would be cool that keeping the hair long will give you some benefit in term of money or crafting material 

It would be a cool idea to add crafting in general.  Questing for ingredients for the various makeup items would be a good alternative to buying them direct just like potions.  It would create space for using skill t create different quality levels as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...