[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

13 hours ago, landess said:

Not the same, but somehow related I suspect

No, it sounds exactly the same, as @jdw6's issue IS the panties. I'd have to look inside the packages to see what is different, but it appears a change was made, similar to when I have changed things within my own package files and needed to then reapply those pieces of CC. Example: Making a bot... There are several changes that either can't or I simply don't know how to make in TSRW that I must make, so I make them in s3pe after the package is made. This includes shaders and bonedeltas.

This means that those changes are not in the original workshop file and must be reapplied each time. I try to remember to then take the package with the changes back into TSRW and make a new workshop file and new package that includes the changes, but often... in a hurry and speed kills. Another, and more common is an older package that you may see where you can make some improvement, but if like me, with 100's of workshop files unorganized on 3 laptops, you can't find the original. So, take the package, open it in TSRW, make changes , make a new package and copy and paste the CASP number of the original to the new. NOT the whole resource, just the number. 

What happens is that your old sim has that old number attached to it. The game sees it, applies it, but for some reason, does not see the new files attached to the actual new CASP that has that old number, so you get image texture issues. Oniki may have remade her panties package this way, and as soon as you reapply the same panties, the game rereads the package and all of the internals and applies them.

That this seems to be a 409 thing, I think I'll have to take a peak inside.

While setting up a new game, I could be getting 'new npc' notifications for well over an hour.

Again, one of the few things I found KW is really pretty good at is new world populating. It seems to use sliders within reason to create sims with various attributes, including face, boobs, height and butts, and it dresses them 80% passable as NPC's go. Not the populate service option. This is from the city hall. Most notifications are done in a few minutes, but as they get jobs, etc, those notifications do pop up.

I mention this as a possible reason sims 'act-up' after an aging event

No, probably nothing to do with age up. I've gone through what you mentioned regarding YA/ A replacement sims... I have a couple in my bin also. The semi generic, semi custom that you just use to fill a bartender role or things like that. ) No, the age up issue (I know you seem to be ant-blaming KW for everything, but...) seems to be something caused by KW involving itself in the age up process. Again, just did an experiment (never take the game laptop online and would need to transfer images to this one, but...) I made a clone baby and used KW change to droid. I forget which are given, but babies get 5 trait chips, and sexbot is NOT one of them!!! Well, I never got an option to recharge the baby and she was in the red, but her portrait stayed green. Finally, I used Nraas to age her up. Actually, no problem that I noticed, except, she reverted to human. KW droid again. Taught her to walk/ talk. She gave an option to put her on the charging station. Nraas age up to child, revert to human, and made KW droid. Then Nraas age up and she lost her face! A bunch of notifications about outfits not found, etc. So, KW in general has an age up problem, even with stuff that is ONLY found in KW... KW droids.

I think KW is a spoon in this case!

12 hours ago, landess said:

Even set to zero(?) won't disable it

Some does, some doesn't, but it seems to be a matter of when and how it's applied, and as there is no guide, I just continue to play with it. Some things, I disabled, and they remain disabled. Other things, I disabled, next time I play, my sims are doing what I had disabled. Look in the menu and this or that is disabled, but other things that I had disabled are enabled again.

10 hours ago, namaradus said:

Save the game exit and reload and it should regenerate.

That was something I did Y E A R S ago... Other tricks in my basket now. ))))

10 hours ago, namaradus said:

Hidden height slider

Probably only hidden to the point that it only has a reskey, so basically impossible to identify among all of the other unnamed files in the build packages.

NOTE TO NEWBIES: NEVER play with any of the files or packages in EA/ Origin/ Steam C://Programs (unless you really know what you're doing or have a death wish)!!!!! Make a copy and play with the copy. If you mess up the original, who knows what will happen? Ummm... total reload!!!

16 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

use Nraas to have adult clothes for teens, but it never looks right

Pretty sure I've changed that to be disabled... never quite understood why it was allowed by default in their mod. ?‍♂️

16 hours ago, Dickhead8888 said:

successful foursome

Once, a long time ago, and, heck, that might've even been when I was using Passion instead.  Your best bet is to use s3pe to read the xml files in the OKW files to find which animations are made for 4 or 5 sims (called "actors" in those files, and starting with 0) and then look at what order they need to be added to the woohoo scene.  Order seems to be important.

Before I hit 'reply' I realized I had extracted those files out a few days ago.  Looks like there's only 4 animation scenes with a 5th actor that I'm finding, in the 12 I have.  All in KinkyLucasAnimations.  RE order:  I checked one of them. 1st M or F, 2nd F, 3rd M or F, 4th M.  If you were trying different genders or trying, for instance, all F, that specific animation wouldn't be available.... but this was a quick spot-check.  Like I said, your best option is to learn to read these files yourself.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I made a clone baby and used KW change to droid. I forget which are given, but babies get 5 trait chips

LOL-WUT?     Sorry, couldn't help it...   I NEVER considered using KW to make a KWbot on anything under a teen.

The semi generic, semi custom that you just use to fill a bartender role or things like that.

I was using fully custom Sims - ones I had made for the game but saved a copy to the CAS bin - many times after going live with said Sims. I think I have 4 variations of Morrigan herself. Anyways - when I choose one of these (or ANY Sim) from the bin for an NPC/Service Sim, I usually make a few changes to the looks - but as mentioned - don't bother with a career outfit since after taking them back into the game, it just re-rolls the career outfit, requiring me to return to CAS one more time to set it properly.

If one is a 'purist' and wants the Career outfit selected/created by EA default, one needs to know the outfit parts and texture/colors since it won't be duplicated upon return. This only applies to Sims having a saved Sim from the bin used - just taking a Sim into CAS and making manual changes is fine. It's possible that one 'might' be able to change the venue before the service sim(s) arrive (spawn) and then this would reset the career choice, but it's just an educated guess open for testing.....

Now as far as KW uniforms are concerned, I guess that depends on the type of uniform created. As KW school uniforms are set for multiple students - pretty sure these would always remain the same - even if customizing a sim by selecting a saved one from the bin. Uniforms like a prostitute wears, seems to use the standard career outfit selection, which falls in line with what I was talking about.

27 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

If you were trying different genders or trying, for instance, all F, that specific animation wouldn't be available....

This pretty much falls under what I was trying to say in my reply:

"Long answer - Only certain animations support multiple partner events. Only certain locations support these animations. Sims must fulfill certain requirements before the mod will try to include them as possible participants. Even then, these same sims must also be free of certain flags which would deny their participation. Are you still following?"

There are many different requirements, but one needs to be aware of their existence, and use some logic to apply those to the situation at hand.

31 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

allowed by default

Not that I'm aware. Pretty certain you must turn it on, just as allow adult clothing for elders, accessories for all, etc.

11 minutes ago, landess said:

I NEVER considered using KW to make a KWbot on anything under a teen.

I neither until recently. My sim had collected so many dna samples from other sims, I decided to see what would happen. So, a baby pops out of the science station with a name, specimen 6,867. (Is that how many total sims I have created???) Then the pop up, "you can't leave specimen 6,867 alone, do you want to call a baby sitter?" I clicked yes. The baby disappeared! Not even in my family portrait panel, but in my sim's relationship panel. So, I made another clone and this one clicked no. The baby was in my family now. So, for giggles I made her into a KW droid to see what would happen. ))) They do not age up naturally, just as any bot does not age up, and because it is not a real Plumbot, it reverts to human when you force an age up. Experiment concluded. I made the teen human, fixed her in CAS and used Nraas MC> Advanced> Set Service and made her into an NPC babysitter. ) Still not sure where that first clone is?????

20 minutes ago, landess said:

4 variations of Morrigan

I have just one that I will update from time to time, and then as I created MY little story of her family, I just cloned Morrigan, took the clone to CAS, changed clothes and minor changes to features to make her mother, and really did nothing but change age to teen to make her dead identical twin sister.

My "role fillers" (as opposed to townie NPC's) are as I said, just semi custom. Maybe a quick Nraas genetics reroll or play with genetics, change everyday outfit, make up, hair and stick them in the bin to use as non-pudding faces in bars, etc.

19 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Han Solo age up

Not sure I'm familiar w/ that.

17 hours ago, landess said:

allow EVERYTHING

Yeah, I kinda figure that my issue (w/ Dresser's check, which was a manually initiated thing btw) is that I've been trying to not allow everything everywhere, but to apply "common-sense" to the CC that's in my game.  If I never see jeans in a swimming pool again, it'll be too soon.  Or jeans for a naked outfit.  Or... ? before I get rolling.

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

old sim has that old number attached to it

If only it was that... but this sim was created in a KW-free env w/o any panty... er, um... left-garter accessories. Then was brought into a KW 409 game and panties added. No other version of KW was ever used, at least for this sim. What I'm no longer clear on, is whether I added panties in CAS (which might've been from your fix of Marcos's panties) or not. I know I did that, I'm just not sure if it was for this sim or this outfit. I also know that the InstanceID of the pan...left-garter accessory (as reported by Dresser) is that of KW's default panties.

I'm back to confused w/ this situation.  I went back to the last gamedir backup from before I added those other lots (and accidentally other household) and re-added each lot, individually, went into the game, did the whole remove panties, cleanup, get fresh, wear series of actions, that caused the issue before, and was unable to reproduce.  Perhaps it's a memory-related issue.  I did also have a graphics display issue w/ a Cyclonesue fence, where instead of the fence mesh (chicken-wire), it went all solid black.  That was fixed only by deleting and rebuilding the fence.  Come to think of it, that fence issue happened, no... it happened before, yes, but it was a few sim-days before, so since she's been needing new panties every day, I had her change at least once.

As for the KW packages, there wasn't anything obvious in the main package -- like a new OBJ for those panties -- and that package was the only one changed in december (per timestamps inside the 7z).  I got sidetracked trying to re-KW-ize a few of the lots that world's designer updated, and I was trying to replace, so haven't gotten back to trying an older KW version in the broken gamedir.  Was having annoying max-memory reached crashes a bit too frequent last night. Some after only adding 1 condom dispenser then changing floor to add a 2nd. ? 

Gotta be stubborn to deal with tweaking TS3 (really anything computer related)...

16 hours ago, landess said:

advice

Drag 7z to desired location, right-click, choose "extract to..." option. No typing involved.  (Annoyingly, to me, I haven't ever managed to get 7z command-line friendly.  I'm much more a fan of rar than any other common archival formats that TS3 creators use... personally, I'd really rather it all be tar-gzipped... but that's only the unix-geek in me.)

I'm just as user-friendly or help-desk-capable as a honey badger crossed with wolverine crossed with velociraptor...

'tuning' thing

The numbers KW's setting shows are the numbers that would be put into an ITUN file (as s3pe tags them) in the Tradeoff-Output section of that xml file. More specifically, they appear to be the "advertised" value.  Which would be how much pull a certain interaction has to sims with various traits.  They're easier explained by how many of the "make sim do X more" tuning mods simply adding "fun" to that section, or increasing the amount of fun payoff (another way to look at it) that "X" gives.  On a side note, in double-checking for a "good" example, I figured out why the heck sims in my world write so many novels. I increased "fun" from 10 to 30 for WriteNovel... and changed "DisallowAutonomous" from true to false.  :/  I may have to revisit those decisions.

But back to numbers, changing to would make them think it didn't "give" them anything, but making large negative would make them actively avoid it.  For that WriteNovel tuning, it has "RoleCafeteriaWaiter" with an advertised value of "-200", so that waiters don't go off to write novels instead of, oh, you know, working!

I've spent so many months inside those files, that I forget others haven't as well.

game's default mechanics in league with KW

Think MTV's "celebrity deathmatch". Sometimes KW can override EA, sometimes KW only thinks it can, and, rarely, KW knows it can't, but tries anyway.

14 hours ago, namaradus said:

should regenerate

Could this explain why some custom worlds wind up having the mailbox and/or trash can place in very awkward looking locations?  That, perhaps, the world (or lot) designer inadvertently deleted one or the other and the game regenerated them at the "default coordinates"?

NEVER play with any of the files

Never say never! ? Just make good backups! (use timemachine, windows backup, something that will copy files as-is [timestamps, attributes, permissions, etc.])  But if you never try, you'll never fail, and failure is necessary for learning.  Those afraid to try never learn.  (Just have the decency to know you f'd up and fix it yourself instead of posting things like "I deleted something inside GraphicsRules.sgr because I saw on some forum someone suggesting to edit it and thought deleting would be safer now my game won't load, why?"  smh...)

I had disabled are enabled again.

There's some code in the KW loading procedure that checks values and sets them back to default values.  I think this is supposed to only happen during a version change (aka "upgrade", but KW also calls going from 409 to 375 an "upgrade", so, well... yet another dev-type-person who doesn't understand "downgrades" are sometimes necessary).  Anyway, it's entirely possible that it's messing up and thinking it needs to run that code when it really doesn't.  That's not part of KW's code I really looked at heavily, but go to when I want to know what it's set to use or what options are available for this or that.

17 hours ago, landess said:

Almost immediately

After a good night's sleep, and re-reading some of these responses, I remembered something from NRaas's docs that says it'll throttle adding sims in certain situations. One of those may be what I'm running into lately, (due to specific custom worlds w/ a shit-ton of service-sim-needing objects), which is that if you start a new world that suddenly needs 30 or 40 new NPCs, it'll only add about 7 or 8 at a time until it has them all added. Seems almost to be about a sim-hourly check for adding new ones. But it also could be based on if any inactive sims were routed to that lot.

Now, after the world has been up and running, then, yeah, it's pretty immediate... or, well, since I've got time slowed, a few minutes. Helpful if you want to replace someone with a specific someone else. :) 

On that, do any of you allow Register to use residents?  I gave that a shot a few weeks ago, and even though there (numerically) were enough residents, it still spawned some NPCs, thus leaving many residents as "retired" or "unemployed".

based on a value system

Turing machines, finite-state machine, something like that... if you really want to make your brain melt, go read up on FSMs ? ? ? ? Yeah, no! I'll pass! Barely, but I'll pass! hahaha... (I'll spare you the long story.) More entertaining examples would be Asimov's 3 laws, as portrayed in "I, Robot", or Directive #4 from "RoboCop"... actually those might be more how KW's code tries to control EA's normal functions.

revert to human

It's been a while since I read up on this sorta human-looking plumbot, but isn't this a "known-limitation" of using NRaas to make one of those?  I seem to recall something about aging up removing technically invalid (just not designed for it by EA) occult flags.  (Which has me wondering if a multiple occult sim looses all but one during age-up as well.)

edit: I see you posted while I was typing something that basically answered this

KW droid

Er, um, is this something added in one of these newer-ish (aka: not actually released on LL) versions?  And, is it somehow different than using NRaas MC to add the "plumbot" occult* flag?

*replace w/ exact term, it's an odd time that the game isn't running so I didn't double-check.

1 hour ago, landess said:

my reply

Yeah, saw that after-the-fact. Sorry 'bout that.

59 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

must turn it on

Hmmm... guess I mis-remembered, then.

what would happen

Ohhhh is that how that works. Never quite got curious enough -- for that. Plantsims, yeah... thankfully the interaction to get the plantsim baby is not autonomous, otherwise I'd have had about 15 of those at one time. lol The "left alone" thing sounds like the babysitter-daycare type thing... Odd it just disappeared instead of still being in the family. I wonder, but you might not have checked, if it still showed in the family tree. That's one of those "where the heck is the in-game help for what the heck these options actually mean" moments. EA dumbed-down some of the verbiage too much. (per earlier rant RE learning, yeah, yeah, I know, I should just try it to see, but some of their lack of good wording scares me off too much.) Maybe the clone went the same place that abandoned (or whatever the game calls them) children go when the EA version of child protective services comes to take the kid out of the home. (I think that translates to removed from the active world in such a manner that the sim can never be brought back, but isn't "killed". Witness Protection. lol Or, sent to live with distant relatives who broke off contact with the family long ago.) Did EA do a "Sixth Day" type of thing with clones, giving them genetic defects that shortens their lifespan? Probably not. That'd be way too dark for a Teen rated game. ?

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Not sure I'm familiar w/ that.

As for whatever reason, KW involves itself in age up. Only thing I can possibly think of is to generate outfits for high school uniforms on child to teen? But, as it has gotten involved in the age up process, it broke it, with the results discussed and shown above with kids appearing as dwarfs and KW pop up saying "But it's not my fault", which my husband and now I refer to as The Han Solo Defense, as that was what he always said when something went wrong.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

created in a KW-free env

Hmmm... Honestly, going to be a bite the KW bullet thing and just redo all the sim's outfits and resave her.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

a new OBJ for those panties

Would not be a new "obj". It might be a different set of numbers (or even just one) for the image files with the same CASP number. But, as this sim didn't have KW panties, it sounds like a mystery.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Never say never!

For clueless newbies, I ALWAYS say NEVER!!! ))) It's my disclaimer for when someone says, "LadySmoks said to change the xml or change the other thing..." NOPE! I said make a copy and play with that!!! I could post a screenshot of my desktop with the folder full of EA build and delta packages that I COPIED from my game's program files, which I regularly open, pull images and whatever other resources from to use in projects and never worry that my game is messed up by doing it. YOU being a programmer... me being closer to the average computer user!!! ))))

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I think this is supposed to only happen

Well, supposed to and does seem to not quite coincide. And as I've said, my biggest gripe is that import settings simply doesn't work... (disclaimer) at least not for me. I can set each and every setting in the KW menu, export it and try to import those settings to a new game and always get an import failed message. There is a file that shows in my library, along with Nraas saved settings, which we all know import just fine.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

human-looking plumbot, but isn't this a "known-limitation" of using NRaas

A known limitation of using ANY voodoo magic!!!!!! And so, FemmeBots were born. I don't know or understand how or what the game reads, but it will revert any bot to human if you break the rules. That's why ultimately I made the FemmeBots using Plumbot parts as the clone donor base, instead of just "renaming" human parts as bot parts. There still seem to be some paths to them going human, but I also found regular EA Plumbots break in the same ways.

KW droid is accessed in the debug menu. You can click any sim and "change to droid", similar to the options to change to male or female or futa (I believe). And, 375 has it. 

I did try a Plantsim, but I think it died because my household was full? Or it may have been that my FemmeBot robogardener harvested it??? I think a human sim with high gardening skill has to harvest it for the Plantsim to happen???????? I did take a look on Carl's Sims, but that was a couple of months ago.

For clueless newbies,

I've been known to suggest... (for unix, and now mac) open a terminal then type rm -rf / or (for windows) format ?

But I also think people should have to suffer to get to where they want to go. There aren't any real-life brain enhancing machines, podcasts don't give knowledge, and it takes many more weeks to actually learn from skill books than it does in-game. (And, yet, in my game, I've made book reading faster, probably more effective if that was possible, and the brain machine faster at giving knowledge, able to give more knowledge, and recover faster.)

Some people (unbeknownst to them) are glad MC doesn't exist in reality. muahahahahaha ?

[brb, gotta flip back a page of posts & that's been causing previously typed replies to go join your 1st cloned sim]

edit: oops, what I was gonna add was in a diff thread... and I loaded the wrong dang world, darn it!

But...

Plantsim babies, imho, just look evil. gotta be the eyebrows. Bald, they look even more evil.  You're right, I think, on needing to have level-10 gardening. It's still not been the normal "harvest" interaction to get the baby. Normal "harvest" gives the "forbidden fruit".  The "salad-bowl-looking" diapers are kinda cute, though.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.e9525f29766e02383ea1ef961a288346.PNGCapture2.PNG.f0ee6dbb834f0e0caae81556ccccaf58.PNG

Oh, and this is yet another old game that I've loaded up and am left wondering which hair I had set... this might explain baby1's expression... he's seeing this... (her hair, btw)

Spoiler

Capture3.PNG.6180d252888d7e7d090dfb21b5440d12.PNG

So this time I'm remembering to check in CAS before exiting... not that it helped, only found the InstanceID in a DCBackup file and the CASThumbnails package.... so, it looks like it came in w/ a sim I got off 'the exchange' ? I wasn't as cautious or careful back then as I am now... one of those "learned from my mistakes" things.  But, of course, the person who uploaded that sim didn't even bother to mention whatsoever anything about anything used.  They did more than most & selected one of the EPs. lol  Anyway, one of the hair image files had this logo [below] which is different than the "Juice" logo shown on NewSea's site.  edit:  I'm blind... or, well, didn't notice the site's logo.  It is from there.  Yippie!  That's over 2 months of searching, which could've been avoided had I actually looked at the DCBackup package file.

Spoiler

Capture4.PNG.7dd75126ea20952bf82cf6edc19aee88.PNG

...Oh, and in this particular save, I was using 399, in Isla Paradiso, and I don't remember any issues whatsoever with either world or specific version of KW.

I do seem to pick really weird places to save and then abandon a world. :/

30 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

people should have to suffer to get to where they want to go.

A little effort, yes... but to kill their game files because they were not warned to not mess with them? Now, if I warn them and they do not listen, and alter the game files and mess something up, THAT is their opportunity to suffer a little as they reload their game from step one. )

And I can be the one to say, "I told you so." ))) More fun that way!

40 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

because they were not warned

Most car owners don't need to be warned to not mess with their car's engine unless they either know what they're doing, or have the money to pay to get it fixed when they break it.  Yet, when it comes to a computer, people think reality doesn't apply.  ?‍♂️?‍♂️  Been a longgggg time since those PC Users Group meetings... especially that one where the "experts" literally caused a computer to spew rubber smoke thanks to a virus they were planning on using to show how to remove viruses. lol Hardware makers got smarter too. I kinda doubt software can tell a drive to park the head in the middle of the platter and keep spinning. But hot metal shavings going into the rubber gasket is a great (expensive, too) way to have to vacate a room for 20 minutes while the smoke subsides.

Depends on the snarkiness level for me as to how I feel like treating users...

non-kw linguistic thought meanderings.

Spoiler

Grabbed my copy of this. Opened it to just randomly look for something. Found выпердеть. Decided to stop looking. I've probably been doing a lot of that lately.

That book wasn't as "helpful" to the, then, college language student, it's R->E only. But it's kinda fun to look up stuff they say in movies that wouldn't be allowed in English for the rating/broadcast method. :)

9780933884540-us.jpg.280734e4c1f43f1f6ea47dbd00b4fe09.jpg

@LadySmoks Just curious, since it hit me as I was checking something else, but have you tried disabling aging via NRaas SP custom caste for your femmebots?  Or even by just changing the Sim's progression options by way of MC?  (The latter is easier for one or two, the former is easier to save off for future use.)  Although, I'm kinda surprised they're aging, since one of the default castes is a plumbot one that disables aging.  Probably a KW vs NR thing. ?

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

Most car owners don't need to be warned to not mess with their car's engine unless they either know what they're doing, or have the money to pay to get it fixed when they break it.

You have been to Ukraine recently? )))

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

disabling aging via NRaas SP custom caste for your femmebots?

Why? Bots age (sort of), but don't age up that I am aware of. So, despite grave markers in ITF, they really don't die... although, I did kill one just to see if I could. ) I only wish there was a way that they were YA when created, but all bots are adult. I have changed the age and had them not revert to human, and outlined the procedure on the first FemmeBot page.

Or, you more refer to the KW droid experiment? That was merely a one time experiment. And that is not KW v Nraas. That is simply the fact that all of those methods people outlined on making a "human looking Plumbot" does not really work. I tried them all last year. As I said, that is how FemmeBot was born. It must be a bot... made from bot parts, so I make the parts appear as close to human as I know how. )))

Exactly how and why things work as they do, I do not know. I can take female sim body parts do as I do with them in Blender, save as object, convert to geom, add bones, convert to workshop object, fix seams and install the "parts" into a Plumbot cloned CAS item in TSRW via the project contents panel, NOT the mesh tab. Save, reopen and they are now bot parts. Other ways of making them as bot parts and they retain references to having been human sim parts... and so can more easily revert to human. There is a glitch where bots can turn human that is an EA issue, and I can't fix that. Other things I do in the mesh tab, and then to changer the shader I do in s3pe. Then test... adjust... test... adjust... each time repackaging. Finally when I'm ALMOST happy, I will make LOD 2 and 3 as they are not seen except at distance. Then, I may continue more work on LOD 1.

But I digress... Yes, the bot age up was just an experiment. )))

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

change to droid

Ohhhh... is that what that does. I vaguely recall seeing that and never was curious enough to click it... or, well, have always been overly protective of "my" sims.

panty/skin issue update:

Put 392 into the game, removed 409 (so it did the whole "upgrade" process), no luck. Found I had deleted a couple gigs of CC between when it worked to when it broke. Putting that back didn't fix it either. Put the older KW settings files back into the Library, removing the newer ones... nope.  Checked the other library files, the 5 new lots had different filenames, but their contents were identical. The other few were lots I made & saved.

About the only few files that are not the same are the dccache files. I suppose I could check their contents, but, meh...

But, well, it does seem like I figured out a fix.  I also remembered which panties I had originally given her when I brought her into this world.  Adding them back on her, oddly put them into her inventory, and not wearing them, once I teleported her back home after exiting CAS... (I doubt the teleporting home did it.)  So I had her clean up those from her inventory, get new from the dresser, and voila, skin was fine after wearing the new ones.

So, apparently, somehow, it wound up thinking there were panties, but without actually having any showing in CAS.  ?  At least that's the best "reason" that I can come up with.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.e5f34b00f99e8aa1fad935885f77b3e7.PNG

Interestingly enough, when I 1st checked in CAS (after reloading this save), CAS didn't show any panties on her.

despite grave markers in ITF, they really don't die

Ya know. I never really thought about that discrepancy.

Ukraine recently?

Nope. I'm guessing there's quite a lot who are making frankencars there?

On 3/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, landess said:

I'm the type that opens the compressed archive (using 7Zip) and drags what I want to the place I need it. I guess I do it this way because as a non-typist, it's faster and I can visually see exactly where it's going. I've never had a problem, so am not sure if this statement is meant as advice, or satire :P .

I get the feeling this 'tuning' thing is more a queue Hierarchy. Even set to zero(?) won't disable it, but instead allows other possibilities to be chosen ahead of it - at least this is how stuff like this works in other games I've played. I like to use EA's Dragon Age Origins as a placeholder for explanation. The player has control of a single character, but can switch to any other character within the party. Any character not under player control has options for action controlled by the 'computer'.

A player can choose to make options 'more or less' usable based on a value system whereas making a choice #1. Then another #2 and so on. The game looks at #1 to see if it can be used - if not, it then looks at #2 - on and on. It 'may get down to #5 or 6, but then #1 becomes available again, so changes back to #1 and repeats the process over and over.

Now without fail, no telling if something controlled by KW alone isn't 'immune' to this selection by the game's default mechanics in league with KW's own settings. It makes my head hurt to think of the web being spun, so I'll stop there.

Short answer - YES.

Long answer - Only certain animations support multiple partner events. Only certain locations support these animations. Sims must fulfill certain requirements before the mod will try to include them as possible participants. Even then, these same sims must also be free of certain flags which would deny their participation. Are you still following?

If all else fails - including your patience - set KW debugging to 'always accept' (the universal answer to most everything) and try.

>Sideways answer - if the animations fail with always accept on - you may have accidentally duplicated an animations package as KW now comes with a few 'pre-installed', but I don't believe the OP reflects this and still recommends them for download/use.

Hide contents

Screenshot-139.jpg.ebc598e9c764951316f7295099e9f762.jpgScreenshot-46.jpg.65624195c93ce1c0898a5dbedfaf46d0.jpgScreenshot-713.jpg.43b681b49bab90a956f5a51b21d11492.jpgScreenshot-4.jpg.5eaafaf709ee6669167571f7e3aa628b.jpg

Since you make no mention of issues with solo/twosomes/threesomes, I'm forced to make a few assumptions but hope the above shots give you encouragement.

I know this gonna take a while but Can I have your list of animations installed?

1 hour ago, Dickhead8888 said:

I know this gonna take a while but Can I have your list of animations installed?

Already posted a screenshot previously.

packages.png.41b6ec7f3f2d20eb6940a5a492d77e92.png

Since this was taken I've upgraded a few, but the names are the same while the number of animations will have increased. The only name changes would be Clydie's, from what is shown to kw_clydie_anims, and the addition of kw_ollcity_anims. As mentioned in the 'reply this was part of' - the part unseen (unless one scrolls down) is just the 'add animations' menu option.

As for the L666 animations, I have replaced those in the default KW file with the 'fixed' versions (including patreon released) found near the end of that stickied download post. Because the Patreon for L666 was removed, and L666 deleted that account (hense the guest tag being used), there has been no fall out concerning the posting of those 'paywalled' animations being uploaded here. As of now - it's the only place I know one can get them.

I went through my existing attachments to find that shot so no one would have to do a search for it......   (Am I really at 162 pages of attachments?)

12 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Probably only hidden to the point that it only has a reskey, so basically impossible to identify among all of the other unnamed files in the build packages.

If they want that to stay hidden it won't be in any of the build packages. Trust me if we want to keep something hidden you'll never find it. Here's a little secret about the Sims 3 there are in fact 2 or 3 test worlds in the game that I know of there might even be 6 but you'll never find them no matter how hard you look through the game files. That's because they are totally invisible and can only be seen with specialized software that only game studios have. That slider could very well be right in front of you but you can't see it because it's invisible.

10 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Could this explain why some custom worlds wind up having the mailbox and/or trash can place in very awkward looking locations?  That, perhaps, the world (or lot) designer inadvertently deleted one or the other and the game regenerated them at the "default coordinates"?

Maybe but it'll be random location. 

10 hours ago, jdw6 said:

children go when the EA version of child protective services comes to take the kid out of the home

I've often wondered if they are added to the file EA uses for adopted Sims?

As for @LadySmoks Clone baby - I have a theory:

Spoiler

500full-soylent-green-photo.jpg&f=1&nofb    giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

7 hours ago, jdw6 said:

gotta be the eyebrows

I remove eyebrows from all PlantSims (and most Aliens - rarely using the eyebrow types that look painted on)

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Yet, when it comes to a computer, people think reality doesn't apply

Long story made short: Many moons ago I had decided to remove files from my system thinking they were placed there by some program/game/etc? I used the dates to determine this. When I went to start my computer again, I got messages from the BIOS stating why it couldn't start and would mention a specific file. I then found and copied that specific file from an older computer to a 3.5 floppy, and copied it to the 'broken' computer using DOS. I then proceeded to repeat this procedure till all the necessary files for Windows/etc. were replaced (could then use the disk to finish repairs) and learned a lesson about PC's, Windows, dates, and system files......     Not as smart as I thought I was, yet smart enough to fix it. Lesson learned!

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

but to kill their game files because they were not warned to not mess with them?

Well, while not the same one could use the analogy of firearms. People used to be smart enough to handle guns carefully. Then manufacturers began adding 'safeties'. Now we have trigger locks and are recommended to keep guns locked in a safe or other form of lockable containers - unloaded!

We sort of see that with software - read only, hidden files, and other changes meant to keep idiots from shooting themselves in the foot.

>>> I mentioned above an experience I had which taught me a VALUABLE lesson. I was lucky I knew enough to get myself out of that jam. I don't have the same faith in the general PC user population - Corporations have made it too easy for just anyone to use a PC now. Stick to consoles and mobile phones. Want to play with the big boys? Then man up and don't cry like a little bitch when one fails (to read/comprehend/pay attention to detail/etc.)

11 hours ago, jdw6 said:

As for the KW packages, there wasn't anything obvious in the main package -- like a new OBJ for those panties -- and that package was the only one changed in december (per timestamps inside the 7z)

Because my version of KW is located in the merged package from hell, I must upgrade KW through S3PE. Knowing many of the package files used are more or less 'default' to the mod, plus having certain ones replaced like the Kinky TV and L666 animations, I tend to look at file size for confirmation of replacement. While the date is 'probably' the best way to be sure when thinking about it, I can say I may have actually avoided some issues other's experience by using 'older' files which doesn't impact the mod working. Perhaps a 'change' was made to one of these files, yet the mod works fine with an older version - while the new one introduces a problem? Food for thought.

11 hours ago, jdw6 said:

making large negative would make them actively avoid it

This is pretty much how gender attraction works. Also seen in relationship values. I found it interesting skills not 'learned' are usually -1 and not 0.

11 hours ago, jdw6 said:

do any of you allow Register to use residents? 

I don't. I'd prefer Inactives have jobs in places like bars, maids, register attendants, etc. But the hours are brutal. If the game had a tune-able mod that could set hours and days (like the KW Brothel feature) even allowing role sims to take up the slack, I would most definitely have 'townies' working in places outside of rabbitholes or Ambitions/Showtime careers. Somehow these EP careers seem stable for inactive Sims although I never see them actually performing those duties.

BTW - the 6th day clones didn't have a genetically engineered lifespan, that was Bladerunner. The 6th day clones had the ability to update the 'memory data' used for new clones when the old one died. A 'goof' in the 6th Day was when a clone complained of being able to 'feel' something like a 'ghost' of the damage done which killed the previous clone - this could never happen as the event was never recorded to the memory data. The best they would achieve is realizing they were suddenly back in a lab instead of the location where the last memory capture had been taken, and saying "I guess I died".

>>>Maybe someday I'll figure out how to do -snip- Quotes (highlight/babytab quote) from multiple pages instead of having to use the multi-quote feature and then butcher the original quote to the relevant sentences.

9 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

And as I've said, my biggest gripe is that import settings simply doesn't work... (disclaimer) at least not for me. I can set each and every setting in the KW menu, export it and try to import those settings to a new game and always get an import failed message. There is a file that shows in my library, along with Nraas saved settings, which we all know import just fine.

Same here, impossible to import settings while the file is exported as a KWexport... forcing me each time I want a new game to set everything for an hour in order to have a fairly smooth game (in theory ?

1 hour ago, BulleCore said:

impossible to import settings

Not sure 'why' but I can only import settings to a new game. If I try to make a change to the settings and then import that into a save which already had 'used' the import feature - it fails.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>>> I mentioned something above about using KW files from an 'older build' and if someone wants to test for themselves to see if it makes a difference, I suggest using Build375, then ONLY adding in the package from a newer build which adds the changes made to the main body of work. Now the dates shown in the 'latest' build would appear to show there have been no changes to many of the files included. I myself did have to add the newest KW animations package when it 'updated', but then I just made sure the mod was using the newer L666 animations I have instead of the default ones included with that build.

Obviously making back-ups/new folder to test this would make sense. Also like myself leaving the oldest 'unchanged' files from an earlier build even if included in the newer one. I just don't understand why I have less problems than many and because of so many variables with mods/mod selection/player settings I decided ANYTHING could be causing issues and remembered how I myself was updating KW (minimally - not completely) and thought "Hell, it might be something simple as this".

KinkyMod.png.e5df4e9cf55b7fe08c1ac5e3aa3a225c.png

KWmod.png.df4dbb4692cccc908579e2f73a4589d1.png

I know shit happens - and in an attempt to maybe find a simple reason for the discrepancies often cited, I thought just MAYBE, one of the older 'stable' files has become corrupted, or other ones like 'medicines/objects/outfits/etc.' might have something changed which isn't required for operation, but include code which causes many of these problems. I just don't know - yet decided to throw out something which just may answer a few questions.

>>>I've often mentioned the old "if it ain't broke. don't fix it" over and over. Before the internet became the patching playground of the western world - games released, they worked, case closed. Now with changes in hardware and other stuff, I get why things may sometimes need to be patched. But if the user has made no such changes, being 'forced' to update drivers or other game code when EVERYTHING was fine before is just intrusive IMO. Because of this mentality, I often never update software or other things to the newest versions/builds unless I HAVE A PROBLEM. So many times I notice I'm using much older versions of things other users may not have access to, or have chosen to update like good little boys and girls.

This concerns me as it's just another monkey in the wrench.

4 hours ago, landess said:

MAYBE, one of the older 'stable' files has become corrupted

NOPE! You could have asked, as I have done complete redownloads of YOUR build 375 that I reposted (unless your 375 is corrupted?), to make sure I wasn't using corrupted files, a while ago. ) 

4 hours ago, landess said:

update software or other things to the newest versions/builds unless I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Ahhhhhh.... You and my husband should get together and chat about your conspiracies, although you are both NOT conspiracy theorists!!!

I must admit that in many ways, he was and is proven right on this one, that new computers are "ticking time bombs". They have a timer and a preset lifespan. My game laptop was online one time in November when I got it back from repair. Why did it want to be updated in Dec and Jan? Apple admitted they slowed their phones to force people to buy new ones. OY!

NOPE! You could have asked, as I have done complete redownloads of YOUR build 375 that I reposted (unless your 375 is corrupted?), to make sure I wasn't using corrupted files, a while ago. ) 

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying the files from 375 ARE good, and those same ones in later builds 'may' be corrupted somehow or the other files which had updates along the way like medicines/characters/objects/outfits which are larger and have newer dates might also be the cause... I understand that those files which aren't updated should just be an archive included with the newer packages for compression and upload. This is why I never bothered to use the 'same' ones included with newer builds.

Since I have to merge KW packages into my 'big merge' - I have no way of looking at it to see exactly which packages from what builds I used, but I can say this much - I haven't replaced files which appear to be the 'same' when merging, and not sure if I even added ones that have been updated. I know the main changes to KW are with the KinkyMod.package therefore that one DID get merged/used for certain every time.

I can't confirm they are the cause. I simply realize that as I have updated my KW mod packages, I DID NOT use all of them. I had a brain fart based on knowledge I hadn't considered, as an answer to some troubling questions plaguing KW mod users.

As much as I dig on KW, I also think about the reasons for our issues which can't be solved. I'm talking the advanced troubleshooting above our pay grades and certainly not anything a new user whom can't unpack a file before using would think about. We keep racking up situations. I can't figure them out from a coding standpoint - therefore I looked at cause and effect, and perhaps the way I was handling my KW installs could be the reason for my different experience.

Many users mention issues with service sims like the mailman. This may be due to the characters file which has changed since 375. This is the type of thinking I can do. Problems with outfits? That file also changed. I'll just leave it at that. 

29 minutes ago, landess said:

I never bothered to use the 'same' ones included with newer builds.

Got you. You do check package size? As I did notice a couple of newer packages (aside from the KW Mod itself) were larger, which I take as having new, more, different content, or some combination thereof. Also, I found that Windows does not necessarily do a great job of simply overwriting files. If replacing files, it seems to be better to delete the old ones and then install the new ones, instead of relying on Windows to correctly overwrite them and replace them for you. 

34 minutes ago, landess said:

KW packages into my 'big merge'

An issue I was forced to fix a while ago. Actually, never merged KW with anything other than KW and KW animation packages, but then the animation updates, and I separated everything with a fresh KW in a separate folder to make replacing things much easier now. Same with Nraas and a few other script mods. They were one merged package. Now, Nraas has a folder, and groups are merged... MC and related modules, SP and related modules, etc. And having taken a page from you, the zips are in an archive folder. )))

53 minutes ago, landess said:

main changes to KW are with the KinkyMod.package

Just by package size, there are more Oniki animations. I noticed animations for "sneaky woohoo" if the female is passed out sitting on a sofa, and I'm sure there are a few more.

Your install... Well, we HAVE said that individual installs, other mods installed, mod settings and interactions... results will vary!!! Just that you turn off aging, who knows how that changes things in the world of 1010010100010100001?????

Here's one... a "sleeper"... (maybe)... Okay, so as always, I'm testing as I'm playing. I'm in Cronor and decided to make a bar out of the laundry. There is an issue with Tipplers Bottle that I know of, so I use it to generate "Norm", but then do not touch it and all is well. Perhaps 30 mins sim time and CTD! No freeze, nothing, just blip! Restart... same. Nraas total reset... blip! Okay, what is new? 1 test bot and a CC toilet. The toilet came in a downloaded world, but I had never used it before and the bot was easy enough to replace, as there was only 1 of that model in testing, so BOTH gone and no problem. I doubt it was my bot, but as I have remade that model 4 times since then, I don't care. I may try that toilet again, but it isn't THAT important to me. Point being, just one of those things that happens. Is that CC toilet a "sleeper"? OK if just in the folder, but will CTD if used??? 

For those aching for FemmeBots... all this testing is why! When YOU get this bot, she will NOT crash your game!!! ))) 

The mailman issue is something @jdw6 looked at. That, repairman and pizza delivery have been hard coded by Oniki to always be male, for whichever patron's fantasy, and there's no off switch. AND he said, his male sim was autonomously doing a Kinky dance or something for the mailman... and his sim isn't gay! Or someone posted that happening.

I briefly turned on the strapon for bot testing with "manual" and forgot to turn it off. I had a male ask a FemmeBot for anal and the FemmeBot got the penis attachment!!! AND... the male is not gay!

46 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I briefly turned on the strapon for bot testing with "manual" and forgot to turn it off. I had a male ask a FemmeBot for anal and the FemmeBot got the penis attachment!!! AND... the male is not gay!

Saw the same in my game even with strapon "off".  Bet my male sim will not touch the Fembot anymore ?