[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

No. They still bring other mail and just show up because a Patreon patron had a fantasy that they paid to have included that can't be turned off. ((( And always a male. I'm working on something... not sure when I'll have it ready. Not a change to the script, as that is above my pay rate (as my husband would say), but I made an unlocked female postal carrier outfit with not too short shorts. Use KW to change gender and give this outfit in CAS. Also trying to make hair/ hat replacement.

BUT, this probably won't cure the lag you have. So, which KW build do you have? Many things changed in MY game, but I did have that lag... now do not. But, I have a different house, world, household AND build 408. I had the issue with build 405 or 407.

So a long time ago I had used KW Debug to change the mailman to female. Then into CAS using the unlocked outfits and set her clothing up. She began showing up in everyday outfit to deliver the mail and I never looked any further into editing her outfits in CAS. 

I don't really notice any lag, and usually just send them home with nrass when they start to loiter. 

36 minutes ago, James2112 said:

the mailman to female.

Again, which build? As again, 405 or 407, yes, they ended up in everyday outfit. 408, the outfit I made seems to be staying, as is the hair/ hat. Still does the automatic autonomous greet that if you do not catch your sim, will stop doing what you had him doing and go greet the mail carrier. And as I also said, not sure if it's the build (408) or the fact I am in a different house, world, etc, but I don't have the lag (grind to a complete halt) when the mailman arrives.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:22 AM, LadySmoks said:

don't have sound

Ahhhhh... I'll have to nuke the others, then.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:02 AM, landess said:

moodlets

Yep. The "super horny" sometimes stays gone, other times comes right back. (I've been trying out adjusting the clock ticks setting of KW to see if that helps make some things not so "instant"... but haven't paid attention enough to know one way or the other.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:47 PM, landess said:

shake my head in wonder

I LOL'd a bit too many times at some of that... ? and I thought I had venom-like posts. esh!  "24 sim weeks" jail term?  That's about a life term for some settings.  SMH.  Doubt it'd be even possible w/ how EA has stuff, like if a single sim household.  There were a few semi-decent ideas hidden in that, but I kinda doubt anything will ever materialize.

But, yeah... why the heck would anyone post something like that in an upload thread. ? 

(Maybe they were just pissed off at their rude ass neighbors who are...errr...were having a loud party at 2am thus keeping them awake.)

On 3/17/2021 at 2:09 PM, IDidn'tWantToSignUp said:

laptops

Suggestion: do some research on graphics cards. There's info out there. For instance, this list might help... translation: find a laptop with something listed... https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=56&canMyGpuRunIt=Sims 3

There was a response here that fits your current (a don't get an HP for gaming) situation. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896557/graphics-card-compatibility-with-sims-3-all-expansions-cc

TS3 w/ good graphics means heavy heavy graphics card usage... aka: get a fast one.  Translation: don't buy a cheap slow ultrabook when you need graphics power.  I have one of those "20-hour battery life" laptops.  It'll load TS3, but it takes well over 30-45 minutes, and is not playable.

Dollar-for-dollar: you're going to be wishing you got a desktop for any serious gaming if you get another laptop.  They're designed for this sort of thing, laptops typically aren't.  (OK, so I do have on a shelf in storage a "laptop" that could, but it also has a 30-45 minute battery lifespan... that's not really a "laptop". Ran Photoshop well, though.  I'm also assuming you don't want to need to be plugged in...)

TS3 w/ all settings on minimum, very low CC, simple worlds, low detailed lots, few sims, no mods = basic laptop

TS3 w/ kw = very decent computer. It is what it is. Want KW? Get a gaming computer. Sorry.

Oh, and spreadsheets?  LOL  Good luck if they're like what a former colleague used to deal with. ?  He needed something about 20x more powerful.

Seriously, if it says "integrated graphics" RUN AWAY!  That is code for "we think users only browse the web and read email".
But, it's not as old as I thought.  I would've bet (before a bit of quick research) that your laptop was 15 years old.  But, it seems they brought the term back end of 2019.  Still looks like an i3 or i5 to me.  Oversimplified, i7 and i9 are power, the others are for "business users".  This isn't your work laptop, I hope. ?

Also, do yourself a huge favor and don't get another computer that doesn't have at least 8 gigs of ram.  16 is even better.  With only 4, yours is probably struggling just to run Windows.  Hold your nose closed and then try breathing only through one of those coffee stirrer straws while jogging up stairs.  That's, basically, what you're doing to your computer when you try to play heavy graphics games on it.  (legalish disclaimer: previous should not be attempted without approval of your medical doctor and emergency medical professionals standing by.)

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

That makes my 1060 look like a kids toy.

Back when I played Age of Conan at launch, that was a cutting edge game. My little 750 GT could barely keep up. I then got basically what you have (at that time) by upgrading to a 9600 GT. It was a night and day difference, but still that card was a 'toy' compared to the 8800/9800 architecture (and $500 price difference). The 8800/9800 cost more than my computer did.

People want to play computer games, but fail to take their computer specs seriously. I hate consoles, but see them as a necessary evil.

While recently playing an 'older' save I received another notification about an 'unroutable' Sim, and as usual I investigated....

THIS time I was able to find the sim by clicking on the notification portrait (usually doesn't work - but always start with the basics). I had to 'open' the lot/building and was quite surprised to see the Sim sitting on a couch 'watching' TV. While this sounds normal what wasn't normal was this Sim was a 'Role Sim' which I would guess should spawn at one of the rabbithole apartment (doors). Also of note is the sim was GRAY!. Like when one finds them inside a building area which is flagged for non-use. It was almost kind of spooky, like some ghost in the home of an inactive Sim. By the Tattoos one can tell this Sim was a Tattoo Artist Role Sim - Those tattoos are always the same on them.

Many times it's hard to track down these Sims as they haven't officially spawned into the game (probably because they ARE still in those unroutable building areas) but this sim could have easily 'gotten up' and left the apartment but since it was gray, well, that tells me the game thought it was still ?????

Anyways I took it into CAS because it's what I do, then I reset the Sim and everything was good.......

Screenshot-974.jpg.f81a2d424c3ba1753b9f5703c8383d46.jpg

Tattoo Artist from another save just to compare....

Spoiler

Screenshot-687.jpg.ec1d28c79c98cfcb6a9b0f35ac011f9d.jpg

On 3/11/2021 at 12:04 AM, landess said:

Huh? Why wouldn't I have my game anymore? Please expand on this statement which hints at some secret knowledge. We have developer level members here, some with experience at EA, and I myself, have been using computers for close to 40 years, so please share your wisdom. I'm never too old to learn something new.

Knowledge not known as secret any more....

"Custom" is the killer of Sims 3 This wisdom is on any EA forums. Use google to reach it!

Kinky injects custom traits, custom skills, custom characters, custom sims, custom objects...custom....custom...custom!

and all this when Sims3 lags and corrupts with its own custom EA things!!!!!!

and Since you have developer level members here, why KW is outdated?  

I hope that I Pleased you, expanding this statement with hints of secret knowledge....

On 3/11/2021 at 12:04 AM, landess said:

I myself, have been using computers for close to 40 years

WOW first MS-DOS release was on August 12, 1981

Are you Bill Gates?

5 hours ago, RisingSunPhoenix said:

WOW first MS-DOS release was on August 12, 1981

Are you Bill Gates?

Don't be a tool! Computers have been around a LOT longer than MS-DOS. Learn some history before climbing into the ring.....

I was using computers in the US Navy in an 'experimental' Air Traffic Control Facility (FACSFACJAX). They were the first Naval Facility to use computers to combine the radar inputs from the Marine Base in Beaufort, S.C./Jacksonville, FL. airport/Daytona Beach, FL. airport into a single usable signal to be displayed on CRT screens instead of the standard Cathode Ray tubes one usually sees depicted as radar with the sweeping line circling the screen. BTW, those sweeping lines are how one burns out a screen. The operator is to turn the brightness up enough to see the sweep, then back it off till the sweeping line is invisible. Then only the return 'hits' are displayed which slowly dim over time. As the sweep creates new 'hits', the dimmer ones provide a trail 'history' showing where the target previously was, allowing for a projected heading. TV/Movies show the sweep for information/eye candy, but it's bullshit - real radar operators never see the sweep while on duty.

These new 'radar' screens could display the warnings areas and/or any relevant information on the display, zooming in on a section or out to see the entire airspace under control. The facility was responsible for 'overseeing' air training offshore in the area east of Jacksonville, south of Beaufort and north of Daytona. Operations could be flight intercept exercises, air to surface target practice (ships towing targets), surface to air target practice (planes towing targets), helicopter sub hunting practice (out of NAS Mayport), carrier launch and recovery practice among many other things.

Sometimes it was very slow with no operations in progress. It was times like this when I experimented with the options, like creating my own 'airspace boundaries' which looked like a race track. Then I would 'create' radar tracks and use the training commands to 'fly' these tracks through the race course. Needless to say, my superiors were surprised with my ingenuity in utilizing the features of the equipment which was cutting edge for it's time. I guess my natural curiosity with computer use has served me well over the years.

I worked for a few different companies involved with computers through the 80's as well after leaving the Navy. One company was a computer dealer and repair facility - it was here I got my hands on the first Macintosh. I also worked for a computer supply company, so I was constantly seeing the change in consumable equipment created for computers (so many obsolete ideas now). So when I got my own Desktop and learned how to make boot disks to free up memory for programs to run I was pretty well entrenched in the nomenclature and concepts surrounding computer use. (the race between program need and computer hardware availability is nothing new)

Now that you've been schooled, please do everyone a favor and go troll somewhere else. This forum post is dedicated to players using KW and if you don't want to use it - fine - move on citizen, nothing for you to see here.....

>>> FACSFACJAX = Fleet Area Control and Surveillance Facility Jacksonville

We even had US customs agents occasionally come in at night and use our 'radar' to track low flying smugglers trying to sneak in 'under the radar'.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:51 PM, RisingSunPhoenix said:

Remember this when you don't have your game to play any more!

Hi, Btw I was just kidding, I still have all my things ok here , my games are OK, my installations are OK, my computer is OK , my saves for each mod I want to play with are OK ... I won't even ask what you were meaning there, but if this thing You seem to mean would ever happen, it would be coming from another cause! For example the fact of not preparing folders for each mod separately (I mean C:/ Documents / Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 ) , archives of the game itself in another hard drive. The thing You seem to not understand here is that the KW's Kinky interactions mod have only an impact on the C:/Documents/Electronic Arts/ the Sims 3 and not the whole game! So it's nice from You to worry hee but You just lack of informations and everything is here in the forum yet.  Or for example from the fact of being infected by a virus and it cannot come from here... Anyways. 

Best Regards. 

Hello.
I'm looking to get back into the sims 3 that I left a long time ago, so I reinstalled my mods.
But I seem to have a problem with Kinky world. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it at all. As soon as I remove them, it recognizes them. As if it doesn't want them.
Is there a solution?

4 hours ago, hana120 said:

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it at all. As soon as I remove them, it recognizes them. As if it doesn't want them.

I'd like to help, but I don't understand what 'IT' and 'THEM' are. The wording is vague and without context.

If English is a problem for you, we are 'fluent in google translate'.

Until then - Try using ONLY KW with the SIMS 3. This should work as we here all use various builds of KW successfully - it DOES work. If it doesn't then you have a problem with the files for one or the other. Once you get these two working, then begin adding other mods till you find the one(s) causing the issue(?).

You say 'getting back into it'? Could be you may be using older corrupted files? Could be a number of things.....  As mentioned - the post you made isn't enough to go on. 

Without the Kinkyworld mod files

Spoiler

2021-03-23_18-33-17.png.92e38ee14cf07bea0e242a6c72d97967.png

Scripts detected 

But in game, impossible to play and select a sim.
I find myself with this bug

2021-03-23_18-36-52.png.a608fdbfc018f6f061f42b3a1d1893e5.png

With the Kinkyworld mod and its files

Spoiler

2021-03-23_18-41-39.png.0293f8c746eabf8031b51fc337ec8ce3.png

The scrips window no longer appears.

In game, the portraits of my sims appear well but still impossible to play. Nor to see the needs of my sims.

2021-03-23_18-46-16.png.4f814c3a1e28abaac851d0e3a015467d.png

My sims are not dead. They are a family of ghosts that I created.

Here are the error files I got if I need them.

KWLog_Export_FC2B63E2.xml ScriptError_LAPTOP-K1B7HSLO__03-23-2021__18-46-33__71CA4686.xml

34 minutes ago, hana120 said:

You can not have Kinky World and Passion running in the same game. Not sure if the save can be fixed. You may have to go back to a save from BEFORE you installed both and start from there, with EITHER Kinky World or Passion, but not both. Check the Passion thread, as Twilightstorm says the same thing.

7 hours ago, hana120 said:

All those 'generic' portraits are what I get if I try to remove the HUGE merged package I made when I first started creating merged packages and then load a save I had used at the time - plus lots/buildings will be missing, etc. - it's just a big clusterfuck. Looks like you may have sorted it but for those not following: Using save files made with a particular set of mods can sometimes require those mods to be in the game. In my case it was because creating a large merged package had certain addresses committed to the mods, and by trying to remove it caused my game to bug out as shown in one of those screenshots above. I CAN take that large merged package into S3PE which I used to create it and make changes - replacing mods, removing mods (I surely don't add more :P ) without issue and everything works fine.... but if I take it out and 'try' to load a save that previously used it - UGH, just UGH!

Because I have many hours in most of my saves, I mentioned before I have transferred my entire Sims files from old PC's to new ones, overwriting the new installs, only needing to account for the new .INI files made while installing on a new system. Others know this but I'll still repeat: My game was started close to 10 years ago and has been moved across 3 different PC's to where it is now. It runs fine (actually better with each newer/upgraded PC) - Still - I always need to perform maintenance on the game saves to keep everything under control. The Sims 3 has problems that no computer can fix - it's up to the player to cover that and make it easier for the program to remain functioning.

Starting a new game will always let the player know if their game and mods are stable, even if older saves refuse to function correctly. If a new game has issues, then removing all mods and beginning the arduous process of troubleshooting is your only bet.

Screenshot-7.jpg.12c7a5d5812b1323e82f025df0a0ac3e.jpg

6 hours ago, landess said:

All those 'generic' portraits are what I get if I try to remove the HUGE merged package I made when I first started creating merged packages and then load a save I had used at the time - plus lots/buildings will be missing, etc. - it's just a big clusterfuck. Looks like you may have sorted it but for those not following: Using save files made with a particular set of mods can sometimes require those mods to be in the game. In my case it was because creating a large merged package had certain addresses committed to the mods, and by trying to remove it caused my game to bug out as shown in one of those screenshots above. I CAN take that large merged package into S3PE which I used to create it and make changes - replacing mods, removing mods (I surely don't add more :P ) without issue and everything works fine.... but if I take it out and 'try' to load a save that previously used it - UGH, just UGH!

Because I have many hours in most of my saves, I mentioned before I have transferred my entire Sims files from old PC's to new ones, overwriting the new installs, only needing to account for the new .INI files made while installing on a new system. Others know this but I'll still repeat: My game was started close to 10 years ago and has been moved across 3 different PC's to where it is now. It runs fine (actually better with each newer/upgraded PC) - Still - I always need to perform maintenance on the game saves to keep everything under control. The Sims 3 has problems that no computer can fix - it's up to the player to cover that and make it easier for the program to remain functioning.

Starting a new game will always let the player know if their game and mods are stable, even if older saves refuse to function correctly. If a new game has issues, then removing all mods and beginning the arduous process of troubleshooting is your only bet.

Screenshot-7.jpg.12c7a5d5812b1323e82f025df0a0ac3e.jpg

It's like any game that can be modded.
You have to be careful.
I was on sims 4 before but listening to the music from 3 makes me want to get back into it.
The Sims 4 is good, the graphics are good, the community places are finally alive but compared to the 3 I still find it very incomplete despite the number of addon packs. 
If you look closely, the expansions and packs in 4 are half of the addons from 3. For example, the latest one, Paranormal is half of the addon supernatural and Ambition from 3. Well, that's my opinion.
And then the 4 doesn't have what the 3 has, great music, very complete addons, that magic. The ability to create lands of all sizes, the tools to create buildings, incredible locations, houseboats, the ability to go to the future and so on. One addon from 4 that I don't think is very successful for me is At College. They put in a ton of homework for the student sims, which is hellish because you spend most of the time in this addon making them do their homework, and not enough places to relax.

At the moment, I'm looking for a mod for the 3rd one to have nicer female feet for the sims, a bit like the 4th one. And a mod that would allow the community places to be more lively like the 4.

20 hours ago, hana120 said:

Without the Kinkyworld mod files

Hide contents

2021-03-23_18-33-17.png.92e38ee14cf07bea0e242a6c72d97967.png

Scripts detected 

But in game, impossible to play and select a sim.

2021-03-23_18-36-52.png.a608fdbfc018f6f061f42b3a1d1893e5.png

With the Kinkyworld mod and its files

Hide contents

2021-03-23_18-41-39.png.0293f8c746eabf8031b51fc337ec8ce3.png

The scrips window no longer appears.

In game, the portraits of my sims appear well but still impossible to play. Nor to see the needs of my sims.

2021-03-23_18-46-16.png.4f814c3a1e28abaac851d0e3a015467d.png

My sims are not dead. They are a family of ghosts that I created.

KWLog_Export_FC2B63E2.xml 7.14 kB · 3 downloads ScriptError_LAPTOP-K1B7HSLO__03-23-2021__18-46-33__71CA4686.xml 2.21 kB · 2 downloads

Je vois que ton jeu est en français. Réinstalle le en anglais pour tester. C'est tout à fait possible que ton souci provienne de la.  Je n'ai plus non plus de message de scripts chargés au démarrage, toutefois tout fonctionne très bien.

(his game is installed in french, which has the potentionality to break some mods)

50 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

Je vois que ton jeu est en français. Réinstalle le en anglais pour tester. C'est tout à fait possible que ton souci provienne de la.  Je n'ai plus non plus de message de scripts chargés au démarrage, toutefois tout fonctionne très bien.

(his game is installed in french, which has the potentionality to break some mods)

Mon jeu est en français car je suis français. Et le soucis venait d'une save où mes sims étaient entrain de mourir. Sur les autres sauvegardes ça ne le fait pas.

4 minutes ago, hana120 said:

Mon jeu est en français car je suis français.

I believe that @Benmc20 is also French, and is sharing with you an experience of a problem which mods did not work properly. It would seem odd as computer language should remain in all languages the same, but it is possible there could be a problem? English is not my first language, but many game designers (companies) are in English speaking countries and cater to English speaking market. Everyone else is just extra work for them to translate 1,000 times. (((