[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 2/1/2021 at 5:48 AM, jdw6 said:

To end on a more positive note:  I think I started the whole KW code review project with a subconscious hope that I could figure out a way to get it to stop doing some of the stupidness that it does -- or at the very least, translate the bloody French that's stuck in the source -- but quickly found that would never be the case.  The conscious reasons (trying to gain a better understanding of WTF KW does what it does and take a fresh, hopeful, look at MS's dev languages), only partly succeeded.

Hi, I would be glad to help for the traduction here, I'm french and I'm very interested about an eventual issue about this! Best Regards.

3 hours ago, sim333 said:

WOW!  Interestingly, sexual orientation is set by the author of the sim (if I download it) or the game is giving out randomly?

Huh? I was referring to @spaceman1's comment regarding the difference in how Nraas mods more or less work WITH TS3 and fix things that EA never bothered to fix even though they knew it was busted, or that Nraas mods (see some comments from @namaradus on that subject) or "nudge" things within TS3 toward better playability... as opposed to KW, which tends to just overwrite things and often doesn't play well with anything other than itself... and even breaks things along the way... even itself on occasion. (

As for gender preferences, others may know more, but my understanding is that newly created sims have no gender preference. I honestly never looked at EA townie NPC's to see if they have assigned preferences. As you engage your sims in various activities with partners of whichever gender, they develop a score that can be seen in Nraas MC> Intermediate> Gender Preference. You can also adjust the rating by changing the numbers.

Again, KW steps on this concept with it's percentage of gay/ lesbian system, and will make a sim gay/ lesbian, regardless of anything you do. Even if you change the numbers in Nraas MC, it may not change what KW does. I experienced this with FemmeBot testing. I had FemmeBots with male and female partners to test how they looked during woohoo. Next thing I knew, I had a bunch of lesbian FemmeBots making goo goo eyes at each other. Checked and changed the settings in Nraas MC, but KW had decided and the goo goo eyes crap continued until I set gay/ lesbian chance to zero, disabled KW, saved the game, restarted, enabled KW, then restarted the game again. Seems to have cleaned out the KW influence.

Another example of KW busted script just happened in my game... again... Okay, aside from my perpetual virgins (sims with 10 woohoo and have woohooed more than enough that KW should recognize they aren't virgins and remove the virgin flag, which I tried removing using debug as suggested by @landess and didn't work)... breathe... so, aside from that, my sim who just engaged in woohoo 3 times with her husband, less than 2 sim hrs ago, just got the pop up that she feels neglected!!!!!! And.... WTF???????

In other words... KW script has a preset storyline that it wants to tell, and it really does not seem to care what your input is. Partnered sims woohoo, they still are virgins and still feel neglected... because KW said so. (((

57 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Partnered sims woohoo, they still are virgins and still feel neglected... because KW said so.

Reminds me of putting 3 people whom all speak different languages working on a project which must be completed by the end of the day. While each persons work may be fine - together there is likely to be some 'misalignment'. Thank god for duct tape.

Given what you've found by opening up some of the files - this may not be far from the truth......

9 hours ago, sim333 said:

WOW!  Interestingly, sexual orientation is set by the author of the sim (if I download it) or the game is giving out randomly? 

Generally newly created CAS made sims have no gender preference but the creator can set it if they put the sim in game.  Pre-made sims can have their gender preference set in the Character Import XML when the towns sims are being made with the Gene Splicing tool which is part of hidden personality profile that exists in the world file. New sims generated by the game also have no gender preference without the use of mods.

One thing to note about the Character Import XML is never ever edit it. It can't be properly edited without the Gene Splicing tool. Even though it looks like it would be a simple thing to do and it would be if wasn't dependent on the Chunk Offset remaining the same. If you've ever made tuning mods with S3PE you'll notice that the Chunk Offset of a modified XML is different from the original XML. The Gene Splicing tool is the only thing that can properly edit the Character Import XML as it would need to regenerate this XML and change several other files for the new information.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Miranda Vandom said:

I'm having trouble getting the mod to work in my game. I have been trying to play around with certain things in my mods folder hoping that it would work but it has not. How can I make it work in my game?

As you pose a very general, "It doesn't work" kind of question, here's a very general "How you fix pretty much everything" reply...

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/156041-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019-wikipage/

After several weeks of extensive testing, i came to the conclusion that aging up my sims from children to teenagers and from teenagers to young adults is just not possible with KW activated.

Like Landess suggested, I now go into CAS via the debug menu and age the Sims up manually. When I then go back to the game, the Sim at first looks like a dwarf, but when i reset them, they look normal and all the applied traits from CAS are there.

The only problem ist that KW really seems to hate the Master Controller, because it doesnt apply the traits, if i go to CAS. I also realised that it doesnt apply all the changes i do in the Stylist option of MC.

Now i found something else.

Due to a massive problem with KW i had to deactivate it and use a backup save from the previous sim day, because it caused my game to crash at start over and over. Sadly i can't read the script error files to find the problem.

After i resettled my family in a new town i kept KW deactivated out of fear that it would destroy the save again. When i was in CAS to create another Sim i saw CC that seemed to have disappeared when KW is activated.

And at the launch of the game i got that little popup again, that shows all the CC you have installed. With KW enabled nothing shows up there.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

1 hour ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

And KW takes the Han Solo defense by announcing... "But, it's not my fault"!!! I'm sure you saw those error messages. If you don't play the high school or any of the other features that use KW uniforms (I think the modelling career), you can turn off KW outfit manager in the settings.

One thing I will give the KW outfit manager credit for (can't be 100% sure, but...) I have a few unpopulated worlds... If I use MC populate world, I get a bunch of good old EA appearing sims that look like they dressed themselves from a donations box in the Walmart parking lot. ((( My apologies to anyone reading this who dresses themself from a donations box in a Walmart parking lot, but... With KW outfit manager on and using the KW populate world, I give it 75% to 80% of the sims look okay. And, some sliders are used, so they aren't all pudding faces.

And thank you for sharing your experience!

8 hours ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

at the launch of the game i got that little popup again, that shows all the CC you have installed.

I don't get this - and if I ever did, it was so long ago I don't remember it. What 'pop-up', and where does it appear (notifications?)? Do you use the EA Launcher? <--- Is this what you mean by CC installed? Are you using Origin? 

I use a shortcut made to the .exe found in the x86 program files of the lastest EP installed (base game if no EP's are installed). I use all Disks - no Origin/Online BS. Disabled all online options where ever found. (store/usage sharing/etc.)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hate the 'elitist' types and because I'm usually quite direct in my posts, might come off that way. In this case I make this distinction because I just NEVER have any of the issues so many want to blame on KW - seriously. If a feature or function seems to be in question - many times I'll do an experiment, or play style to try and see how my own experience unfolds.

If it make some feel warm and fuzzy to blame KW for all of life's woes, have at it. It seems to me if KW truly WAS responsible then I'd get the same shit as everyone else - but I just simply DON'T - so this tells me it could me any number of things or combination of things. Seriously - Why am I 'immune' to so many issues if KW is the PROBLEM? I don't have some magic computer......

One thing I have learned over 60+ years - people are stubborn, and when they get something in their heads - just let them be. If they want change or reassurance, I'm just saying that most of these issues aren't a universal fact - like death is.

2 hours ago, landess said:

I don't get this - and if I ever did, it was so long ago I don't remember it.

Probably the second part. I forget what triggers the shut off exactly, but I do think KW may have something to do with it, although not 100% sure of that. Similar to one of the script errors that will be written that lists all of the mods installed, this used to come up on my screen as well, and I think it was after I installed KW that this stopped... or it could be another setting? It would list all the Nraas mods, Cmar mods, a bunch of them. I believe it may have been on the first start up screen? Or perhaps, it's the "No Intro" mod that blocks that screen from popping up? And, I would imagine that you have "No Intro"... and have had it for so long that you don't remember what happened before you installed it??? ))))) In fact, I don't want to pull it just to verify, but thinking to when I was having issues and had pulled my mods folder and putting thing back, I did have "The List" back for a while... I'm thinking no intro...

But yes, KW does cause many issues, mostly as talked about in it's punch in the face total my way override approach, as opposed to how Nraas just nudged things in the right direction. Especially when it steps on Nraas, instead of trying to get along with an older, VERY successful set of mods.

As I have posted, I find the only use for the outfit manager is world populating, as I don't use schools or modelling career. Beyond that, for those of us with aging on, who play sims with babies, raising families, etc... KW is a PITA as EVERY (including NPC) age up get F'd by KW. Why do I blame KW? Because I don't recall having this issue to this degree before installing KW... again, if you don't have aging on, you'll never see it, and turning it on, doing one or two age ups, it doesn't bugger for you is far from the experience that most have when I should start posting the pics from each and every age up, including the last toddler to child dwarf that I had to take to CAS to fix and add the trait that didn't get added because "Something went wrong during age up. It's not Kinky World's fault, but Kinky World will try to fix it.... blah blah blah...." ____ "But it's not my fault"_____ Han Solo in Star Wars 1 thru when he got killed by his own kid.

So, turn on aging and play... not a sped up test a theory game, but a regular game. My current game is a couple of months old. Meet a girl or a guy. Romance... get married... get a job... raise kids... 2, 3, 4... normal aging. 

3 hours ago, landess said:

I don't get this - and if I ever did, it was so long ago I don't remember it. What 'pop-up',

There's a pop-up you can get that tells what mods or CC that use a script you have installed (but doesn't show all of them as the space is limted) when you get to the Main Menu when you load the game. But if you have discs and use Nraas NoCD you won't get that pop-up as it shuts it off.

28 minutes ago, namaradus said:

NoCD

Okay... as I was doing the everything out and put stuff back a few at a time thing, No CD was certainly out then in. As the mods pop up wasn't the issue, I wasn't keeping track of exactly which mod shut that off. landess has been running stable for so long, he forgets what problems smell like! )))

10 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Okay... as I was doing the everything out and put stuff back a few at a time thing, No CD was certainly out then in. As the mods pop up wasn't the issue, I wasn't keeping track of exactly which mod shut that off. landess has been running stable for so long, he forgets what problems smell like! )))

You can also use Nraas NoCD to turn off that pop-up if you have the digital downloads from Origin, even though it's main purpose is for disc installs to load the game without the need for a disc.

Awesome mod will also turn off that pop-up.

3 hours ago, namaradus said:

You can also use Nraas NoCD

I have it... have had it. Similar to landess, it's one of those "always there" mods, and the only reason I even thought about it being one of the Nraas mods that shut off that mod loading screen is because of the laptop problems I had beginning in August, and transferring files between 3 laptops, and then having stuff screwed up... going through the old remove everything (including Nraas mods that hadn't been removed since being installed) and loading the mods back in groups to find what was crashing my game after all the moving was done. As my Nraas mods are in a folder, that folder was installed and the mods pop up was gone... didn't know exactly which Nraas mod canceled it, but it doesn't change the game, so I never really cared. Just something that came up.

19 hours ago, namaradus said:

if you have discs and use Nraas NoCD

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

one of those "always there" mods

Yep Yep Yep Yep Yep

In my case the 'always there' is because of that rookie mistake I mention over and over concerning making a H U G E merged package which causes my game to go tits-up if I try to remove it and I can only make changes to it and still be able to use old saves I have been running for well over 5-6 years. When I first decided to make a merged package way back when I knew I could speed up the loading process I just dumped EVERY FREAKIN MOD into it - works fine, but as mentioned, for some reason unlike the smaller specialized merged packages I now create - trying to remove that one (even if I 'duplicate' it somewhat with multiple smaller ones) kills my game saves (they load but the portrait panel/bottom UI panel/MANY things go sideways).

1 hour ago, landess said:

MANY things go sideways).

Only thing I can think of is the version numbers, although even that is odd. I did pretty much the same thing, but bit the bullet... several times.

37 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Only thing I can think of is the version numbers, although even that is odd. I did pretty much the same thing, but bit the bullet... several times.

My KW mod IS located in that big ass merged package - and I can (and Have) updated it without problems. I have also had luck in 'removing' some mods from it. As long as I use that particular package, I'm good to go. It's only when I remove it - that I have problems, even if I replace those mods used in smaller multiple packages. The reality behind the problem is 'above my paygrade', but dealing with it isn't.

53 minutes ago, landess said:

My KW mod IS located in that big ass merged package

I always kept that separate, but had all of KW and animations merged. Now, KW and everything that goes with it is in a sub-folder in Packages. Nraas was one merged package, and I may merge them again, except for dresser, which I often remove when traveling to prevent it from randomly redressing MY sims. Currently, Nraas is group merged... MC and related add-ons, SP and add-ons, etc, and those merged packages are in an Nraas sub-folder in Overrides, even though most say not to put anything there. I do need to do another clean up though. My test (fail) folder is getting fat again.

3 hours ago, landess said:

trying to remove that one ... kills my game saves

Something I noticed earlier this year, when monkeying around with some older merges and trying to recreate newer ones (doing really geeky stuff like doing binary compares and stuff) was that when I created the original merged packages, I didn't notice that some of the things I brought in actually had the "same" resource, so s3pe's defaults of "replace existing" did just as it was told: replaced the version that had already been added.  Which that 1st was, or, rather, which was the last added, is kinda a random thing based on how the operating system sends the files to the tool.

Sooo... that might have something to do with why HUGEEEEEEEE wins... um... thinking BattleBots for a sec.  But, still.  That merge of yorn might've actually wound up with a (guessing more'n one) few resources that are actually different than the smaller merges you've tried later.  Thus your saves not having the exact resources (settings, tunings, what-not) that the big'n has.

(Side note:  This is also something that I suspected might be the case, so I've kept several whole game directories (aka the "My Docs" folder).  I figure that some of the saves would have stuff they need in the library, dccache, etc.  I do need to get around to deleting some of those... like the one ominously named "bridgeport, can no longer enter buildings", but I'm thinking I'll get around to "fixing" them... still I'm well over a TB for all things TS3-related, and that seems excessive.)

Anyone using build 409 have an issue where after your sim wears new panties (maybe other times, related to showering/towels, but not sure) their body skin goes all wonky (aka: turns pure black, like sim skin does if it's missing a file)?  Taking them into "Edit in CAS" (the NRaas MC version) and just saving w/o changing anything seems to get them back to normal.  I've seen it happen with a few different sims, and I'm pretty sure my main sim is the only one using that specific skin, so maybe it's an issue with KW trying to default to some skin I don't have, instead of being decent and always using the skin my sim has been built with.

It's annoying, since CAS is such a memory hog that it's generally best to save-and-quit after going into it.  (Resetting the sim does also seem to fix it, until she goes and puts her panties on again.)

retested... nope, not a fix.  the cas edit removed the panties & wearing again turned her black.  also tried removing that pair, cleaning up, then getting a new pair, but no luck, still black.  :( 

It's odd that it's only the body skin, not the face skin as well.

edit: I checked, the panties are from the ONIKI_Undies.package, and that package hasn't been changed since it was last updated way back at build 384.  (thought for a bit that maybe it was randomly adding in one of the 9 or 10 other panties that I'd registered, but nope.)   Also, NRaas Dresser's "log cas parts" does not log which skin is being used.  Kinda unfortunate, but I knew this from previous testing.

Pics...

Spoiler

Issue popped up...

bad.PNG.65b431ced35e08ee4f474e3fcffc8a02.PNG

Fixed it by opening CAS then saving...

good.PNG.e2a9edf9f8ba3036061e9ed2465df353.PNG

On an only slightly related note:  Anyone else having issues where NRaas Dresser winds up removing everything during a manual "check outfits", leaving your sim nude, or nude but still wearing the stupid-ass hat that you have dresser set to never allow?  I'm fairly certain that every outfit possible is not invalid.  But I've had that happen on 5 or 6 sims, so far, so maybe it's a setting issue.