[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 3/2/2021 at 2:45 AM, landess said:

I don't get this - and if I ever did, it was so long ago I don't remember it. What 'pop-up', and where does it appear (notifications?)? Do you use the EA Launcher? <--- Is this what

you mean by CC installed? Are you using Origin? 

As Ladysmoks and the others already said, it is a pop-up that comes in the main menu, where you select your save file.

I completely forgot about it too, but after i took out KW in order to save my save-file, i got it again and realised while i was testing a new save, that there was make-up and clothes in CAS that i haven't seen for a long time.

I thought it was KWs fault because that were the only files i took out of my mods folder.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:45 AM, landess said:

I hate the 'elitist' types and because I'm usually quite direct in my posts, might come off that way. In this case I make this distinction because I just NEVER have any of the issues so many want to blame on KW - seriously. If a feature or function seems to be in question - many times I'll do an experiment, or play style to try and see how my own experience unfolds.

Oh i didn't read it as unfriendly but as LadySmoks said too, those troubles with the aging only appeared after putting KW in my game. I never had seriously game-breaking bugs before that, even though i have a lot of mods in my game.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:16 AM, LadySmoks said:

As I have posted, I find the only use for the outfit manager is world populating, as I don't use schools or modelling career. Beyond that, for those of us with aging on, who play sims with babies, raising families, etc... KW is a PITA as EVERY (including NPC) age up get F'd by KW. Why do I blame KW? Because I don't recall having this issue to this degree before installing KW... again, if you don't have aging on, you'll never see it, and turning it on, doing one or two age ups, it doesn't bugger for you is far from the experience that most have when I should start posting the pics from each and every age up, including the last toddler to child dwarf that I had to take to CAS to fix and add the trait that didn't get added because "Something went wrong during age up. It's not Kinky World's fault, but Kinky World will try to fix it.... blah blah blah...." ____ "But it's not my fault"_____ Han Solo in Star Wars 1 thru when he got killed by his own kid.

Yes yes yes! That's exactly my problem. It started with the 2nd generation for me, when i posted about it a few weeks ago...

I wish i would have the ability to modify the mod, so there could be a main mod and several add-ons. There is so much stuff that i don't play with or don't even want, but the main features like the menstrual cycle, etc. are now a core element in my way of playing the game that i don't want to miss out on.

24 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Anyone using build 409 have an issue where after your sim wears new panties (maybe other times, related to showering/towels, but not sure) their body skin goes all wonky (aka: turns pure black, like sim skin does if it's missing a file)?  Taking them into "Edit in CAS" (the NRaas MC version) and just saving w/o changing anything seems to get them back to normal.  I've seen it happen with a few different sims, and I'm pretty sure my main sim is the only one using that specific skin, so maybe it's an issue with KW trying to default to some skin I don't have, instead of being decent and always using the skin my sim has been built with.

That happened to some of my townies too. I didn't know, what caused it, so i went into the game CAS (not the one from MC). In one case it went normal again, in the other one it didn't.

I think it might have happened after i upgraded to build 409, but I'm not entirely shure.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

body skin, not the face skin as well

The panties are a body overlay, so have nothing to do with the face, as they occupy a completely separate UV and texture mapping set. Feet do use the same map sets. Kind of looks like a lost image texture? Try disabling then deleting the KW panties package, then install a fresh package from the new version. If you just dropped it in, it may not have overwritten properly. Also, if it is a new package, are the numbers the same as the old package? Any changes can cause the new package to not find all of the information stored in your old sim. I have run into this many many times with my custom sims if I update my own custom work. 

Don't get me started on Dresser! I have turned off everything in the xml, and only use it to allow for more than 3 outfits per category, and will remove the package when I travel to prevent it from trying to redress sims. Twallan, Chain Reaction, Igazor... love all they have done to make TS3 playable, but Dresser needs Geranimals plugin!

1 hour ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

a main mod and several add-ons

That thought has also been talked about... similar to Nraas mods. The main SP or MC mod, with modules that work together with the main mod, which you can add or not add to suit your personal needs or preferences for game play... AND have some degree of in game screen tuning. Sadly, I found that much of what I would like to tune in KW either can't be, or the tuning simply doesn't work... and never has, through multiple builds... AKA, never got fixed.

27 minutes ago, Dickhead8888 said:

disable Repairman/Pizzaman?mailman feature

No. As far as I know, that crap was hard coded in... No options, no off switch, no choice of male or female.

Seriously, learn handiness skill and fix it yourself, don't order pizza and not sure if you can delete the mailbox, because the mail comes every day. When your game slows, pause, find him and reset him. 

Although, depending on the build you are using, I haven't had the game freeze caused by the mailman with 408.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

No. As far as I know, that crap was hard coded in... No options, no off switch, no choice of male or female.

Seriously, learn handiness skill and fix it yourself, don't order pizza and not sure if you can delete the mailbox, because the mail comes every day. When your game slows, pause, find him and reset him. 

Although, depending on the build you are using, I haven't had the game freeze caused by the mailman with 408.

I swear I found the option somewhere in the settings, back back later and nowhere to be found. anoying part is they keep spamming a new mailman/pizza/repair to the thousands and if i have register on, premade service sims gets deleted instead of these trashs.

2 hours ago, Dickhead8888 said:

Repairman/Pizzaman?mailman

Those were things that KW messed with, in a way that is not user-controllable.  Only way to get KW to stop messing with the mailman is to remove KW... not really a good option.  The others, well, they only show up if you call for them.

My game does slow a tiny bit when starting a new world (or replacing a lot with multiple cashiers) and I've probably got a faster gaming rig, so I've figured that it's either the game itself that is just slow to spawn NPCs or (as I mentioned elsewhere) NRaas Dresser that is causing the slowdown (since it is stepping in to limit what CC is used).  Thus, I would suggest to not delete those NPCs daily, as once generated they're less taxing than having to spawn a new one.

But, if you absolutely must have your sims eat pizza... and don't want KW to have the pizzaguy (yes, hardcoded in KW to male, or, well, it was) try to fuck whatever female (pretty sure KW is hetero- for that but didn't check the last few versions), then use this mod:  https://modthesims.info/d/362004/buyable-pizza.html

Another suggestion:  if your computer is having issues with KW -- any part of it -- and you can't afford a better computer, then learn about controlling KW's interactions.  (click on sim, kinky world, settings, interactions tuning)  Need I even have to tell you that you should be backing up your game directory before touching anything?  Anyway, go in there, read, think, read, think, increase or decrease the numbers.  Disable autonomy for most or all of the things you don't want happening.  Then go to 'global settings' and decrease the "arousal gain multiplier".  Cut it in half, or to a tenth (that'd be 0.5 or 0.1, just in case).  Doing that will reduce the frequency that the town population tries to woohoo.  Most of the time, slowness is not from what you see on the screen, but what is happening off the screen.

Seriously, though, how did you determine that it is only the mailman showing up that is "glitching" your game?  And what specifically do you mean by that term?  I'm truly curious how you determined that.

6 hours ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

after i upgraded

Not sure which version I had used a few months ago, don't think it was 408, probably 404 or 405, but it felt as if it was an issue in 409.  I just am not quite sure.  At least there's someone else who saw it, so it's not just me.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

panties are a body overlay

? ohhhhh the list of things I'd like to slap an EA designer for just keeps growing.  SMH.  But, that seems less of a surprise since the whole "accessories" area is one massive clusterfuck, that forced people using "left garters" as "panties".  It was fine for a sim-week.  That oniki package is identical at the binary level to the older one, meaning not a single bit is wrong in it.  Which is where my confusion stems.  Maybe they tossed an updated OBJD/K in the main package when doing the latest build.

Only change I'd done recently, was to replace a few of the Jericho lots with those the creator released separately after updating them to include Supernatural EP items.  But I'd noticed it on other sims before.  I just can't recall if those others were townies or NPCs.  I think they were townies, which means they were sims I'd created (or downloaded then updated) and thusly all had "better quality" skins (than EA defaults).

I'm kinda partial to black turtlenecks, but sheesh! not when it's 90°F!!!

The current sim-in-question, though, was newly created.  Not in this world, but with the same packages (well, except for the kw stuff).  Anywho, I'm gonna do some more testing.  And, for now, disable the borked underwear "feature" of KW.  I'm getting kinda tired of the notifications from other families about "omg so-and-so isn't wearing panties"... yeah, so what!  (same a-hole keeps trying to grope my sim, when he later goes on-and-on about no panties on someone in his own household). 

I might, also, try taking some of my own suggestions (above post) and reduce how quickly the idiots, I mean other sims, get horny and also disable autonomy as much as possible.  This particular world's population isn't progressing how I'd imagined, so since it's only been a few real-days, starting over fresh (with new settings) isn't a huge loss.

But first, where'd that 394 build go to? (hahaha, it's in that directory over there) I'm gonna drop back to that.  It seemed more stable than some of the others, yet having some of the stuff I wanted... (whatever that was, I've forgotten over the last !$!#$!@#$!@ year.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

just dropped it in

BTW, You should know me better than that by now. ? Seriously, who does that?  Unzip into a directory of the name of the archive.  7-zip's "extract to *\" or extract to "archive_name" options are the only ones any serious modder should really be using.

18 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

laughing

:D Made me smile knowing I still can make someone laugh, even when I'm not.

I tend to have that reaction anytime anyone tries to use the "minimum supported hardware" for anything except the minimum.

Anywho... back to fighting KW.  Funny, those months away were referred to as either "playing" or "running" TS3.  But when I stick KW into it, it suddenly becomes "fighting".  (Yeah, I even revisited Passion... found it, well, lacking.  It's basically a glorified Animations Player that builds on top of NRaas Woohooer -- which it lists as a requirement.)

Okay... the "interactions tuning"... As there is no information on this, it's been try, try, try... Mostly, it doesn't seem to work and is just there to make you feel good about wasting your time going through it. After going through the entire menu and setting everything as I would LIKE it to be, I found many interactions that I thought I had disabled were autonomously still happening. So, went through it again, and set things again, export settings. And same thing. Import settings. Import settings doesn't work! Oh goodie!!! Long to short, it seems that interactions will only work one time, when starting a new game if there are no other KW settings that KW automatically imports... after notifying you there are no settings to import. Just another broken piece that was never fixed.

4 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

BTW, You should know me better than that by now.

I meant the extracted package (just the panties package) into your KW folder, if that is how you are set up. Yes, I have seen where some stuck the 7zip in their mods folder!

@landess, these are for you, as a picture is worth 1,000 words... In Cronor, daughter aged up using birthday cake... 

1.PNG.db9fbc17308905f1f33545879bf3a70a.PNG

Oddly, she looked fine. Was even dressed okay... not great, but passable. Still, took her into CAS to change her shoes and found she hadn't received a 4th trait, so added that. Next, She sat down, ate her cake, then went to put the cake away and...

2.PNG.fa72cec64cf2ae24e33840b316e4dec7.PNG

DWARF!

But it's not KW's Fault? ))

2 hours ago, namaradus said:

the game will regenerate a new one.

Hmmm... For some reason, I remember having tried that quite a while ago... even before I had KW installed, and the result was, the mailbox was NOT regenerated, no bills were ever left to pay and the repoman was stopping by every 3 days.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:10 AM, namaradus said:

digital downloads from Origin

Or from Steam.  (Although there are a few instances when that pop-up will still show up, even with NoCD installed.  One is... unless I did a n00bie mistake... this w/o the C# scripting mod it requires:  https://modthesims.info/d/648599/enhanced-vampires-update-31-12-20.html )  And, yeah, it was a "WTF! Why am I seeing that again?!?" moment.

But it's not KW's Fault?

Noooooo it's never ever ever ever KW's fault.  NEVER!  (At least that makes KW's dev sound like a "true" dev. lol)

BTW, that's a hard-coded string in the AgeState.cs source.

It seems to uncache, then clear, any maternity outfits the sim may have, then uncache and clear any other outfits.  Then it mucks around with setting ages, generating new outfits, forcing a switch to the 'everyday' outfit.  And, somewhere in all that is "MakeAgeAppropriate", "MakeGenderAppropriate", "MakeCategoryAppropriate", and "AddMissingParts"... all of which are calls out to EA code. ?  Since we all know how fugly EA's outfits can be, sigh, KW might actually be right... still.  WTF was KW's dev smoking when "she" thought it necessary for a sex-simulator-mod to even touch outfits or ages?!? ?

At least it wasn't this error:  "This Sim can't age up because no valid outfit can be found." 

FWIW, this chunk of code was last heavily changed back at build 404, when a bunch of stuff involving Opportunities was added.  There's been a fair amount of change, over time, to the other aspects of this class, but those appear to be dealing with general "growing" of teens.  Last for that was changing how the breast sizes are supposed to increase.  I guess that's one thing I've blindly not even notice (distracted by other crap) that KW "grew" sims over time.  [headdesk]  No wonder it runs so bloody slow!  It's doing all this crap computation all the time on every sim in the game.  SMH.  [disclaimer: didn't read the whole 1200-lines of source, so maybe there's a few "if aging disabled, skip" type things, or even "if age==teen, do, else don't do", somewhere in the mess.]

Um... she kinda looked like a teen, so was that an aging up to young adult?

Tech question:  teens and young adults use different meshes, right?  It's young adult and adult that share a mesh, but all others are separate?  Or am I off my rocker again?

edit to add:  other issue (wear panties & messed up [fully black skin]):  went back to a backup of the game directory from the 27th. Loaded up a save from the 28th (same one I tested with above) and it seems to be working then.  So it must have been some unwanted "baggage" in one of the 5 lots I grabbed... or in this world's creator's household I accidentally (and like a !$!#$!@ moron) installed... I really need to undo the default program setting for sims3pack files.  ?  I checked* the lots, and that household, but none of them had objd files.  The 'unkn' files didn't appear to be embedded packages, so I (like an idiot) assumed they were OK. 

* how I check sims3packs:

Spoiler

1) use sims3pack cleaner to look for indication of unwanted objects

2) use s3su to unpack the sims3pack

3) use s3pe to look at any packages

3a) check for OBJD/OBJK tags

3b) check for UNKN tags

3b-i) look at the hex data for every single UNKN file to look for DBPF header information, or anything else that looks wrong

4) check the PNG files unpacked -- this time around I ignored that they were corrupt and not viewable in any graphics program... again: I was a f***ing moron to do that.

Unfortunately I've had relatively ZERO luck getting pre-built lots into the game by unpacking and including the package file.  So I'm stuck using the launcher to install those type of things.  Sims, on the other hand, I've had good luck unpacking, finding the one .package that's really a .sim file, renaming it, and tossing them into the SavedSims folder, then putting all the other packages into the packages folder... yadda yadda yadda... they're available as a premade in create a household w/ all their goodies... (naturally I check fully any of the packages before including, and pull out anything that's not a sim file item from the .sim before I include it... I've found CC sneak in that way.

Oh, and then I run sims3 dashboard to look for bad things.

Check, check, and triple check.  But still, sometimes things slip by... mostly when I let my guard down just a tad.

Anyway, got it (at least my sim) working correct again, and since I was considering starting over, going back to Day-2 (from Day-8) isn't too horrible.  Still has me wondering WTF caused it.  Well... only 6 sims3packs.  Not too many to test.  groan.  There goes the rest of tonight.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:45 PM, landess said:

Why am I 'immune' to so many issues

Well...

I use all Disks - no Origin/Online BS

many times I'll do an experiment, or play style to try and see how my own experience unfolds.

over 60+ years

people are stubborn

?

This one, turned out, was your disc only mentality.  (Which really points to EA asinine stupidity... delivery method should have zero impact on program, but noooooo.... punish some, reward others, it's all corporate assholery.)

But really, it's that you're stubborn (in a good way) in how you are protective of your working game directory, and also unafraid of actually trying something.  Both of which are behaviours I hold in high esteem, and wish upon wish that even a skosh more would be that way.  (Huh! That's a Japanese word?!? I always thought it was Yiddish. [shrugs] Checking spelling is fun.)

I hate the 'elitist' types

:'( Aw shucks. I guess that means we can't be friends no more.  [or that I need to get off my own damn high horse again]

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

"This Sim can't age up because no valid outfit can be found."

Haven't seen that one. Han Solo age up is a minor issue for me as KW issues go. You have to take the sim into CAS most of the time anyway. Just annoying that another thing that just doesn't work as it should, and has been that way through several builds.

That was age up child to teen, yes. Yes, teen is totally different set of meshes from head to toe. @namaradus may know what does it, but there is something that the game also does to the mesh that "shrinks" a teen mesh, as a tf and af mesh are the same bone alignments in Blender, yet teens are smaller in game... like the game applies shrink sliders. Similar to AF boobs drooping. But, even teen heads and feet are different. This is why I say, use Nraas to have adult clothes for teens, but it never looks right. You get squatty teens, females with huge boobs and seams at the neck and ankles. YA and A, not 100% sure on the head mesh itself, think it's the same one, but there are different facial overlays applied, particularly the normal map which adds light wrinkles and laugh lines. 

12 hours ago, jdw6 said:

It's odd that it's only the body skin, not the face skin as well.

Not the same, but somehow related I suspect is the situation I've had where a Sim WITH KW panties was saved to the CAS bin, and after updating KW, the body now has the Pantie texture instead of the skin tone. Removing the Panties fixes it, and wearing new panties (even the same 'ones/style') works normally. Who knows - even the 'infamous' horse with no skin - just hair and a cock - might be related....

12 hours ago, jdw6 said:

NRaas Dresser winds up removing everything during a manual "check outfits"

As a self-proclaimed CAS Whore, my feelings about letting ANYTHING make changes to my Sims from the OCD point of view is simple:

no.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I already have to jump through enough hoops creating outfits and using selections in one category to others (not flagged) in multiple outfits within a category without changing the CAS settings to allow EVERYTHING which makes loading CAS a slogfest.

11 hours ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

I think it might have happened after i upgraded to build 409, but I'm not entirely shure

Yes! Another possible confirmation on the pantie/upgrading KW issue I referenced above.....

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

game itself that is just slow to spawn NPCs

My guess is during the autonomous set up during a new game, creation of service NPC's is a low value Queue, and get's pushed back while the game is running. The larger the world and population, the longer it takes to complete is my experience. While setting up a new game, I could be getting 'new npc' notifications for well over an hour. Of course, visiting a lot scheduled for npc assignment would create a 'push' event - allowing the game to immediately spawn the needed assets for that lot.

One see's this when adding an object with a NPC script attached, like a bar or register, and leaving build/buy. Almost immediately a new npc(s) notification appears.

4 hours ago, jdw6 said:

maybe there's a few "if aging disabled, skip" type things

This would explain why I don't see many of the issues reported by others.

You have to take the sim into CAS most of the time anyway

There must be various sorts of 'flags' added after a Sim goes 'live' - I'll explain. I find a bartender NPC which looks like ass. I go into CAS and choose another Sim from the bin. Because the Bartender was already in game/live, the name/traits and other things attached to this Sim's record remain intact and only the visuals are being changed - BUT - If I try and set a career uniform for this sim at this time, when I return to the game and change them into the career outfit I just made - it's gone, replaced with a new mash-up. Now I have to return to CAS after this 'rendition' of the Sim has gone 'live' - make the changes, and NOW they stick. Knowing this I don't bother with career outfits till a 'new Sim' is brought into the game, regardless if they were 'live' before.

I mention this as a possible reason sims 'act-up' after an aging event. I'm sure many things come into play, but I know for a fact about the example I provided above and think it's related somehow. Adding milk and ice cream into a blender is fine - dropping a spoon in there also can create undesirable effects.

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

-snip-

7-zip's "extract to *\" or extract to "archive_name" options are the only ones any serious modder should really be using.

-snip-

I'm the type that opens the compressed archive (using 7Zip) and drags what I want to the place I need it. I guess I do it this way because as a non-typist, it's faster and I can visually see exactly where it's going. I've never had a problem, so am not sure if this statement is meant as advice, or satire :P .

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Okay... the "interactions tuning"... As there is no information on this

-snip-

I get the feeling this 'tuning' thing is more a queue Hierarchy. Even set to zero(?) won't disable it, but instead allows other possibilities to be chosen ahead of it - at least this is how stuff like this works in other games I've played. I like to use EA's Dragon Age Origins as a placeholder for explanation. The player has control of a single character, but can switch to any other character within the party. Any character not under player control has options for action controlled by the 'computer'.

A player can choose to make options 'more or less' usable based on a value system whereas making a choice #1. Then another #2 and so on. The game looks at #1 to see if it can be used - if not, it then looks at #2 - on and on. It 'may get down to #5 or 6, but then #1 becomes available again, so changes back to #1 and repeats the process over and over.

Now without fail, no telling if something controlled by KW alone isn't 'immune' to this selection by the game's default mechanics in league with KW's own settings. It makes my head hurt to think of the web being spun, so I'll stop there.

2 hours ago, Dickhead8888 said:

Anyone got a successful foursome or fivesome or gangbang yet? idk Maybe I need some more animations for the game keep telling there no animation available. I have all the packs from Maryjane, Kinky himself, lady666,... maybe I need latest version.

Short answer - YES.

Long answer - Only certain animations support multiple partner events. Only certain locations support these animations. Sims must fulfill certain requirements before the mod will try to include them as possible participants. Even then, these same sims must also be free of certain flags which would deny their participation. Are you still following?

If all else fails - including your patience - set KW debugging to 'always accept' (the universal answer to most everything) and try.

>Sideways answer - if the animations fail with always accept on - you may have accidentally duplicated an animations package as KW now comes with a few 'pre-installed', but I don't believe the OP reflects this and still recommends them for download/use.

Spoiler

Screenshot-139.jpg.ebc598e9c764951316f7295099e9f762.jpgScreenshot-46.jpg.65624195c93ce1c0898a5dbedfaf46d0.jpgScreenshot-713.jpg.43b681b49bab90a956f5a51b21d11492.jpgScreenshot-4.jpg.5eaafaf709ee6669167571f7e3aa628b.jpg

Since you make no mention of issues with solo/twosomes/threesomes, I'm forced to make a few assumptions but hope the above shots give you encouragement.

17 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Hmmm... For some reason, I remember having tried that quite a while ago... even before I had KW installed, and the result was, the mailbox was NOT regenerated, no bills were ever left to pay and the repoman was stopping by every 3 days.

Save the game exit and reload and it should regenerate. Deleting the mailbox is useful for when the thing bugs out which it sometimes does. If it still doesn't regenerate that's not something that should happen but go into buydebug and get a new mailbox.

It's possible that an update to the OS is interfering with the game this happened once before when an update to Win 7 broke part of the Launcher preventing people from being able to install simpacks until MS fixed it on their end as it wasn't possible to do on ours.

14 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

that does it, but there is something that the game also does to the mesh that "shrinks" a teen mesh,

Hidden height slider would be one thing that could do it within reason as long as the height offset isn't drastic.