Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

On 7/12/2020 at 5:47 PM, gekker said:

Okay that's fine, thanks again.

I'm trying to tweak the values but not sure what values are affecting what in the game.   The naked thing was a big help though.

I disable Must have naked.... cause that means, if no one is naked, arousal does not change. It's almost the same thing as pausing SLA in the MCM.

Arousal gains, uses a formula, that includes time rate change that increases that arousal gain value. If the NPC or PC have a lot of sex, their arousal gains are a lot higher, while the opposite is true as well. Not having sex, arousal gains are harder to obtain. And that is why, when you go to a new location, or have been gone from a location for a long period of time, the arousal gains are usually quite low. - I feel a high time rate should effectively cause the character to become numb to normal stimulants, making it harder to gain arousal. AKA oversexed, and needs to take a break from it.

There are mods that effect arousal when you arrive to locations, when it really needs increases also on time rate to actually indicate they have been sexually active.

I have found that cell scan frequency set to 15 seconds, speeds up the timer for when arousal is checked and does it's thing a lot faster. However, it increases the papyrus load as well, so if you have a lot of running scripts, it's best to keep it slow, at the 2 minute timer. If the active scripts remains low, you can speed this up. I use SaveTool from nexus to check active scripts periodically, bellow 100 active, I set to 15 seconds, 100-200 to 30, 200+ to 60, 500+ and I start evaluating mods to pull or adjust timers due to heavy script activity.

8 hours ago, Airianna said:

I disable Must have naked.... cause that means, if no one is naked, arousal does not change. It's almost the same thing as pausing SLA in the MCM.

Arousal gains, uses a formula, that includes time rate change that increases that arousal gain value. If the NPC or PC have a lot of sex, their arousal gains are a lot higher, while the opposite is true as well. Not having sex, arousal gains are harder to obtain. And that is why, when you go to a new location, or have been gone from a location for a long period of time, the arousal gains are usually quite low. - I feel a high time rate should effectively cause the character to become numb to normal stimulants, making it harder to gain arousal. AKA oversexed, and needs to take a break from it.

There are mods that effect arousal when you arrive to locations, when it really needs increases also on time rate to actually indicate they have been sexually active.

I have found that cell scan frequency set to 15 seconds, speeds up the timer for when arousal is checked and does it's thing a lot faster. However, it increases the papyrus load as well, so if you have a lot of running scripts, it's best to keep it slow, at the 2 minute timer. If the active scripts remains low, you can speed this up. I use SaveTool from nexus to check active scripts periodically, bellow 100 active, I set to 15 seconds, 100-200 to 30, 200+ to 60, 500+ and I start evaluating mods to pull or adjust timers due to heavy script activity.

I guess I'll have to play around with it more.  I just have a hard time noticing any changes in realtime for the PC.  the NPC values seem to change like I'd expect, but the actual player does not unless I set the time rate extremely high, rating 50+.  Exposure gains aren't very noticeable.  

Ideally I'd like arousal to hit 50+ over a 3 day span with no exposure, or with exposure hit up to 100 within 10 minutes realtime or 5 scans.  Exposure doesn't seem to budge for the PC even if I leave them standing in front of a naked or naked armor NPC.  The only thing behaving as I expected is the time rate, but it is behaving the opposite of how you describe.  The higher I make it the faster the arousal increases.

I probably have to go into a testzone and just see what does what as a controlled experiment to see if maybe a mod is affecting this.  The only arousal based mod I have installed though is SLSO.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, WaxenFigure said:

It's a problem with the MCM menu code, EVERY mod with an MCM menu seems to have people asking this exact same question and the answer is to get the MCM menus rebuilt using a console command.  Because it happens so often there's even a Jaxonz mod to perform that console command https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795 .

I have this issue as well. If an MCM doesn't appear, I can almost always say it's this one, even when I should only have 3-5 menus, sometimes this one just won't load.

The reason I'm replying to this is, I use the console command every time it happens, and it's never once worked. What could be the reason?? Waiting for 10 minutes, then saving, reloading, and waiting another 10 minutes, only to give up and start a new game again until it works gets so old... :(

I assumed, because it was almost ALWAYS this mod that would fail to load, that it might have been the mod, but was told otherwise. So what can I do to correct this if the console command never helps?

On 7/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, gekker said:

I guess I'll have to play around with it more.  I just have a hard time noticing any changes in realtime for the PC.  the NPC values seem to change like I'd expect, but the actual player does not unless I set the time rate extremely high, rating 50+.  Exposure gains aren't very noticeable.  

Ideally I'd like arousal to hit 50+ over a 3 day span with no exposure, or with exposure hit up to 100 within 10 minutes realtime or 5 scans.  Exposure doesn't seem to budge for the PC even if I leave them standing in front of a naked or naked armor NPC.  The only thing behaving as I expected is the time rate, but it is behaving the opposite of how you describe.  The higher I make it the faster the arousal increases.

I probably have to go into a testzone and just see what does what as a controlled experiment to see if maybe a mod is affecting this.  The only arousal based mod I have installed though is SLSO.

I was talking about time rates, the higher the faster, not arousal rates, I agree with you that that function doesn't seem to work with the PC.

Can you show the settings you have it set to? I am curious how yours is setup.
This has always worked well enough for me and my needs... (spoiler)

Spoiler

72850_20200716092510_1.png.28c8936b2bee1224419b6ec6490225a2.png

72850_20200716093907_1.png.a56e49a191dc0281997ecc1d2e78b9ad.png

admittedly, I started using the new edited version that gives a whole new set of numbers/activators... to effect arousal rates. Exposure Rate doesn't seem to actually do anything at all.

Time Arousal (Time Rate) seems to be the main effect area for the arousal gains.

--- Just noticed, by the end of the day, with this formula, I could effectively have gained 100 arousal 3x over while being exposed. If totally alone, just over 24 hours to gain full arousal. ---

SLSO, if you are playing as Male, then make sure you disable the Male orgasm penalty, cause that will make it harder for you to cum each time you cum, slowing down the time rate change in SLA. As a female, you want multi orgasms, so it causes them to get hornier faster. (My general settings for SLSO in the spoiler)

Spoiler

72850_20200716093254_1.png.1c1a54bc2584e03dd296080157dd5ed5.png

72850_20200716093314_1.png.f8c04482c8b6cfba46b012c64647c76d.png

72850_20200716093319_1.png.8994061fde61a2803c267d630f59ffa5.png

On 7/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, ShenGo said:

I have this issue as well. If an MCM doesn't appear, I can almost always say it's this one, even when I should only have 3-5 menus, sometimes this one just won't load.

The reason I'm replying to this is, I use the console command every time it happens, and it's never once worked. What could be the reason?? Waiting for 10 minutes, then saving, reloading, and waiting another 10 minutes, only to give up and start a new game again until it works gets so old... :(

I assumed, because it was almost ALWAYS this mod that would fail to load, that it might have been the mod, but was told otherwise. So what can I do to correct this if the console command never helps?

Often it's the MOD right BEFORE the mod that has the problem which causes it to fail.

Each mod is supposed to call back to SkyUI when it's performed it's actions so SkyUI can call the next mod.  If a mod has an error and doesn't call back SkyUI might not end up calling the next mod though it's supposed to figure out it didn't get called back.

There are lots of ways one mod can have an error that you never notice but projects what look like errors into other mods. 

Mainly it's caused by authors who don't log their mods actions into Papyrus and who don't look through their Papyrus logs looking for errors that get logged so they never know that their code sucks badly and is barely functional or that problems they've spent weeks trying to work around could have been solved easily if they'd just looked and realized they've got an error in their code causing it to stop executing.

21 hours ago, Airianna said:

I was talking about time rates, the higher the faster, not arousal rates, I agree with you that that function doesn't seem to work with the PC.

Can you show the settings you have it set to? I am curious how yours is setup.
This has always worked well enough for me and my needs... (spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

72850_20200716092510_1.png.28c8936b2bee1224419b6ec6490225a2.png

72850_20200716093907_1.png.a56e49a191dc0281997ecc1d2e78b9ad.png

admittedly, I started using the new edited version that gives a whole new set of numbers/activators... to effect arousal rates. Exposure Rate doesn't seem to actually do anything at all.

Time Arousal (Time Rate) seems to be the main effect area for the arousal gains.

--- Just noticed, by the end of the day, with this formula, I could effectively have gained 100 arousal 3x over while being exposed. If totally alone, just over 24 hours to gain full arousal. ---

SLSO, if you are playing as Male, then make sure you disable the Male orgasm penalty, cause that will make it harder for you to cum each time you cum, slowing down the time rate change in SLA. As a female, you want multi orgasms, so it causes them to get hornier faster. (My general settings for SLSO in the spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

72850_20200716093254_1.png.1c1a54bc2584e03dd296080157dd5ed5.png

72850_20200716093314_1.png.f8c04482c8b6cfba46b012c64647c76d.png

72850_20200716093319_1.png.8994061fde61a2803c267d630f59ffa5.png

Well I am using version 28b.  I looked at your setting an results and did a test just using the defaults and some options changed.

Spoiler

Setting1.png.cd3311b02a931f9613328132e371eadb.png

The issue I run into after the test seems to be with using the naked armor option.  As someone said earlier, that option is supposed to treat an armor as if the character was naked but it doesn't work for me.  The only way exposure goes up at all is if the character my PC is around has no body armor on at all. 

That is probably why the only way I could see a difference in arousal was with adjusting time rate, since time rate is only dependent on time, not what is going on around the character.

I don't know if there was another version floating around where this works, or if it should work in this version, but that seems to be my issue; a character has to be actually naked.  It is a bit of a bummer because I would have liked for certain armors to be arousing as well, but looking around any other mods that touch on that over complicate othe mechanics of the mod more than I would like.

Minor gripe nonetheless and could totally be on my end.  Thanks for the guidance in any case! :)

Tis true I never relied heavily on the naked armor. But do recall it did work, I don't really want to dig into the mod and try to find the main script that handles that part of it.

Howver, the newest version is SexLabAroused Redux V28b LE Modified by BakaFactory(2020 04 05)).7z, and it's here in Sexlab.

And I use the most recent scripts from SLSO with this version as well.

Also, your welcome.

23 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Often it's the MOD right BEFORE the mod that has the problem which causes it to fail.

Each mod is supposed to call back to SkyUI when it's performed it's actions so SkyUI can call the next mod.  If a mod has an error and doesn't call back SkyUI might not end up calling the next mod though it's supposed to figure out it didn't get called back.

There are lots of ways one mod can have an error that you never notice but projects what look like errors into other mods. 

Mainly it's caused by authors who don't log their mods actions into Papyrus and who don't look through their Papyrus logs looking for errors that get logged so they never know that their code sucks badly and is barely functional or that problems they've spent weeks trying to work around could have been solved easily if they'd just looked and realized they've got an error in their code causing it to stop executing.

Starting a new game that experimented with a few new mods, including TDF aroused idles, made me realize something... When the MCM doesn't show up, that seems to mean Aroused is failing to register AT ALL. When the MCM DOES show, my PC usually gets automatically set to 40+ arousal, and the TDF animations start. When the MCM does NOT show, TDF idles never kick in, and using the 'N' hotkey doesn't show anyone's arousal level. Odd, since sometimes it'll work fine with the exact same mod setup and load order that's caused problems before.

1 hour ago, Airianna said:

Tis true I never relied heavily on the naked armor. But do recall it did work, I don't really want to dig into the mod and try to find the main script that handles that part of it.

Howver, the newest version is SexLabAroused Redux V28b LE Modified by BakaFactory(2020 04 05)).7z, and it's here in Sexlab.

And I use the most recent scripts from SLSO with this version as well.

Also, your welcome.

Thank you, let me try that version.  Thanks for directing me to it.

• 3 weeks later...

110 pages is too much to read so I apologize if this has been covered.

I was messing around with the various values we have control of in-game and some things don't quite add up for me so I'm hoping by sharing my findings either the system can be revamped or maybe there is a way I can at least adjust my own systems to better suit me.

I spent a couple hours reading and trying to understand the logic behind all the variables and equations and thought I had reached a point where I grasped most of it with only a few variable eluding me. However once I adjusted numbers based on what I thought was a more realistic arousal system, the entire thing kinda just stopped working properly. Main issue being sex/orgasm not reducing exposure, secondarily "Time Rate" not being adjustable when "Decay Rate" is 0. 

Before I get into the numbers, what is the point of reducing "Time Rate" over time but increasing it from orgasm? This seems backwards to me, if anything time rate should increase over time and orgasm should reduce/reset it, with exposure being a factor only for witnessed events. The current setup is almost the opposite of real life lol.

Right now the logic is this: Character starts with 0 exposure and 0 days since last orgasm with "Time Rate" 10. "Decay Rate" is default 2 days for 1/3 reduction.

Now 2 days pass without sex, "Time Rate" is now 6.66 and days since last orgasm is 2 making "Time Arousal" = 13.32

Which makes arousal 13.32 provided there have been 0 exposure events.

2 more days pass and the equation is now 4x4.44 = Arousal 17.76

2 more days pass and the equation is now 6x2.96 = Arousal 17.76

2 more days pass and the equation is now 8x1.97 = Arousal 15.76

2 more days pass and the equation is now 10x1.31 = Arousal 13.1

As you can see the time passing actually only increases arousal for the first 4 days and reduces arousal after the first 6 days, meaning arousal increasing relies on exposure events or having sex. For NPCs this is an issue because they barely ever have or see sex unless you use mods to really force it, even just using Sexlife isn't enough and they all seem to degrade to basically 0 eventually provided I'm not walking by them naked. (A workaround is to mark their armors as naked so they all continually get exposure bonus' but that is lame for a lot of reasons)

So here's what I did and the resulting issues that came up afterwards in attempting to make this equation seem more lifelike and provide the desired effect in-game.

I wanted arousal to smoothly increase over time at a steady rate but still allow exposure events to expedite the process, logically speaking time and seeing sexy things should increase arousal IMO. So based on my understanding of the system I turned "Decay" and "Time Rate Change" to 0,  which the tool-tip said would prevent "Exposure" and "Time Rate" from changing over time and stop sex from increasing "Time Rate" by a fixed amount each time. And I set "Exposure Rate" to 0.5 to reduce the effects of "Exposure" events (Everybody was way too fucking horny all the time and it felt like I had to satisfy them all every 30 minutes, I'm horny but not that horny). Well it certainly did not achieve the desired effects... In fact the characters basically behaved as if I had checked the box "Arousal Locked" and they stayed at the same level no matter how much sex they had. I even tried various animations and masturbation to see if it was a tag issue but alas "Exposure" stayed at 100. After playing around with each of those variables individually to see which one was preventing the change in "Exposure", it became fairly obvious that some variables had more uses than the author had explained. In his original post he shows the formula for how orgasm effects "Exposure" and it is basically that time spent in the animation multiplied by a base value is the reduction in "Exposure" on character. He does not mention that "Decay Rate" is in any way tied to orgasm formula, however, as you lower decay rate the amount of "Exposure" reduced changes RADICALLY. At 0.5 Decay rate and below, "Exposure" does not change AT ALL after orgasm, and above 0.5 it very rapidly gains effect up to the 2.0 default. The "Time Rate Change" variable does not effect the equation and neither does the "Exposure Rate"

To summarize, the variable "Decay Rate" says in its tool-tip that it = "amount of days for "Time Rate" and "Exposure" to reduce by 1/3". It certainly does do what it says, but it also very strongly affects the "Exposure" reduction from sex. The result is I cannot remove this factor from the equation, I can still stop sex from increasing Time Rate but without removing the decay there is no point, arousal will eventually be effectively 0. Leaving the entire arousal system to rely on exposure events or having lots of sex.

Once again, makes no sense. The more sex I have the less I want it, this system is literally backwards from real life, with the exception of "Exposure" events. I would be satisfied with being able to turn off decay rate and set a hard "Time Rate" to make arousal mostly time based and linear but still have exposure reduction from orgasms. One last thing I noticed, "Time Rate" has its own slider in the puppet master menu which when all settings are default works just fine, but when you change the aforementioned settings the slider stops working completely and locks to the default of 10. Upon leaving that sub menu or closing the entire menu system the number resets to 10 for all characters (can still be increased from "Time Rate Change" by having sex, but would never degrade with these settings).

Conclusion: "Decay Rate" cannot be bound to an orgasm's exposure reduction, so that it can be set to 0 but still allow sex to lower arousal. And regardless of "Decay Rate" value, "Time Rate" should still be manually adjustable.

At this point in its development I doubt changing the fundamental way the system works would be good as shit-tons of mods rely on this one, but if its just a math and logic thing that wont affect how other mods use it, then maybe it can be improved?

Anyway thanks for all the work and love ❤️ 

Presets for user?

Since a year i use that mod, occasionally, and it works, yet i still do not get how to set it up correctly with all theses parameters and formula, its all try and error and a little bit technically. What I wished in the mod would be a few presets, very simple, just the natural raising of arousing? 

Being horny every 24 hous,

being horny every two days

... every 3 days .... 

If somebody might present some presets here? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys.. I've stumbled upon this interesting mod just now 

but unfortunately it just makes sound of an orgasm and doesn't get my character's arousal level go down.. Is there an EASY way to make it do? Like maybe some debug button for it or something?

And yes, I know it can be done via MCM's "Puppet master" but.. maybe there's a faster way than going into the menu every time?

11 hours ago, evilblade said:

Hey, guys.. I've stumbled upon this interesting mod just now 

but unfortunately it just makes sound of an orgasm and doesn't get my character's arousal level go down.. Is there an EASY way to make it do? Like maybe some debug button for it or something?

And yes, I know it can be done via MCM's "Puppet master" but.. maybe there's a faster way than going into the menu every time?

In SexLab Eager NPCs there is a feature for horses which has you orgasm while riding which might be what you are looking for, although it does raise the arousal while riding.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, LinksSword said:

So idk i have this and SLSO installed and set to cause the pc to become a nympho overtime, however my issue is even at highest lewdnest my character arousal always resets after animation even if they didn't orgasm.

No idea whaat slso is, best to post on their forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i decided to get sexlab and devious devices and all that, and trough trial and error i figured out that whenever i got this mod active i can't launch the game, this mod is required for Devious Devices so i would like to be able to actually run my game with it active to.

Anyone got anything for me?....

I ran LOOT, and FINS, i got a warning: >>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_SexLabAroused_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
So does that mean its just not made for SE or like?... how i fix this?

9 hours ago, enrique0141 said:

So i decided to get sexlab and devious devices and all that, and trough trial and error i figured out that whenever i got this mod active i can't launch the game, this mod is required for Devious Devices so i would like to be able to actually run my game with it active to.

Anyone got anything for me?....

I ran LOOT, and FINS, i got a warning: >>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_SexLabAroused_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
So does that mean its just not made for SE or like?... how i fix this?

This is the SSE version.  There is an SSE version here

• 2 weeks later...