28 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Sooo... here's the thing, I have a WIP to update DEChests, but atm it doesn't have any Estrus functions because there are other mods doing that stuff and I am aiming to produce a lightweight devious trap mod that supports the huge array of generic devices now available. I have also added another hopefully interesting way to get deviously devices equipped but again the emphasis is on no real overhead except when actually equipping devices.

I guess I am wondering whether Tentacles are really in the scope of the WIP mod or whether what we need is a standalone Estrus Trigger mod, although with FMEA and SL parasites already providing some of that stuff do we really need another...

Get your votes in now ? 

For me Estrus is not needed at all (not my style of tentacles, strange triggers... looks poor), but idea of mimics is just awesome and also I think here should be more mods with such  temathics. So Just Do It.

1 hour ago, Bane Master said:

Sooo... here's the thing, I have a WIP to update DEChests, but atm it doesn't have any Estrus functions because there are other mods doing that stuff and I am aiming to produce a lightweight devious trap mod that supports the huge array of generic devices now available. I have also added another hopefully interesting way to get deviously devices equipped but again the emphasis is on no real overhead except when actually equipping devices.

I guess I am wondering whether Tentacles are really in the scope of the WIP mod or whether what we need is a standalone Estrus Trigger mod, although with FMEA and SL parasites already providing some of that stuff do we really need another...

Get your votes in now ? 

What is FMEA? Your mod is the only one I actually know of that uses estrus stuff, especially the ooze type animation, I think either way I vote for at least a standalone if not too much work, so people can choose to have it or not! 

9 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Get your votes in now ? 

Personally, it'd be quite nice to have a standalone trigger mod on chests and the like for Estrus plugins and/or tentacle/mimic animations - mods like DCUR, FMEA, SL Parasites might include Estrus shenanigans, but they have so much overhead it can get rather annoying, particularly if you don't want to have a playthrough involving DD. The overhead is getting more and more absurd as more devices are added, as well. 

Would be nice to have something specifically for this instead of "oh yeah we also include Estrus stuff."

9 hours ago, Wildwinds said:

mods like DCUR, FMEA, SL Parasites might include Estrus shenanigans, but they have so much overhead

Well, (declaring an interest as the author)  I can say that FMEA is designed so you can deactivated the parts (plugins) you don't want and inactive plugins have no overhead at all as all activity for them is stopped. It's also designed to allow trouble free in game upgrades.

With the exception of the initial setup for the Ingredients plugin (which only runs once on install)  the only time the plugins use any resource is when an effect has been triggered and is being set up and applied. These are almost all set up to hap[pen during "idle time" such as during the lockpicking minigame or when using an alchemy or enchanting bench.

If you think FMEA is having an appreciable effect on your game please can you let me have a log of when it happens so I can see if it can be further optimized. 

57 minutes ago, Jappa123 said:

Quick question if i disable chests and containers in DCL but enable doors plants bodies everything will be fine in terms of compatibility? there won't be any script conflict?

Thanks! 

That should be fine - DEC is only monitoring looting of containers and bodies, as long as only one mod is monitoring these there should be no conflict. 

18 hours ago, Photonix said:

What is FMEA? Your mod is the only one I actually know of that uses estrus stuff, especially the ooze type animation, I think either way I vote for at least a standalone if not too much work, so people can choose to have it or not! 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, Bane Master said:

Well, (declaring an interest as the author)  I can say that FMEA is designed so you can deactivated the parts (plugins) you don't want and inactive plugins have no overhead at all as all activity for them is stopped. It's also designed to allow trouble free in game upgrades.

With the exception of the initial setup for the Ingredients plugin (which only runs once on install)  the only time the plugins use any resource is when an effect has been triggered and is being set up and applied. These are almost all set up to hap[pen during "idle time" such as during the lockpicking minigame or when using an alchemy or enchanting bench.

If you think FMEA is having an appreciable effect on your game please can you let me have a log of when it happens so I can see if it can be further optimized. 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've had a pretty busy week. FMEA itself hasn't had any performance impact on my game - any issues that have cropped up tend to be from the overly ambitious setup, as opposed to anything FMEA is doing that is clogging up the pipes, so to speak. When I listed it, I meant it more in terms of modularity and complication - FMEA has a lot of different options/scenarios for how things can go wrong, and that can be daunting to set up/disable as needed, compared to a (seemingly) simple mod to just plug in, load up, and there's a (configurable) chance that a chest might actually activate an Estrus attack, and so on.

Compared to DCUR, which doubles down on overhead because it also needs DD (not to mention the relative outcome of getting a trap to trigger Estrus instead of one of a hundred devices is pretty low, even with weights and tweaking and such), and SL Parasites, which as a very slow development cycle, in addition to being a WIP, FMEA is the best of the three for this sort of thing, though it is "just" an option/outcome instead of the primary goal of the mod (at least, seemingly, to me). I can definitely play around with FMEA more, though a plug'n'play mod would definitely also be a fairly attractive option. 

Sorry for the lack of clarity, and my delayed response.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:52 PM, Bane Master said:

Get your votes in now ? 

Would the Dwemer traps still be active as i find these great as they force the player to sleep in the dungeon which causes extra troubles for my character as i use Sex Lab Adventures which the a chance of getting raped if you sleep in the dungeon.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:22 AM, Bane Master said:

Get your votes in now ? 

I would very much like Estrus to stay, it one of the best animation and one of the reasons I love this mod

NDUN + DEChests + DEC + SDplus + SS + SLUTS + DF + ESTRUSplus/dwemer/spider + Whiterunbrothel revamped (Sloot Ninjas) + more insteresting loot is my personal dreamteam

- DEChests took over the whole estrus/dwemer/key/getting into DDs while looting - part since v2.21

- not sure why, but with DCL the follower/estrus thing isnt working on my setups, but DEChests works perfect getting the whole party into trouble =D (mass slime/dwemer attack! + slow down effect)

- and the "after dwemer stamina loss and slow down" effect decelerate my dungeon rush in a err... sexy way => especially great in combination with the NDUN helplessness feature + DEC + SDplus rest everywhere, to catch your breath (would be even better if its prevents reequipping armor hrhrhrhr)

- DEChests does the best job to use Estrus dwemer animations and to effect the whole party, only Edds Estrus Dwemer comes close

- from my standpoint DEChest strongpoint is the working trap system with Estrus/Dwemer/hitting the whole/slowdown party part

- DEChests is one of my main source for estrus eggs to heal that apropos damage ^^

- i would like to see the billy mimic chest/tentacle tube added to the trap animations

- DEChests works as a great module to spice up load order setups and is unique enough to prevents redundant LL mod features

- its stable, it works, its highly compatible => thats unique too =D

- DEChests is a great mod to build new unique features into

- DEChests adding DD4 items/key is my favoured way to get into trouble if i managed to escape Sloot Ninjas/DF Followers/DEC for a longer time

- DEChests is a lightwight alternative to the all in one DECL approach

- i feel i have more control over what gets added to my game setup with DEChests instead of DCL (while DCL offers a lot more, its not always compatible with other mods => eample: DCL adds quest DDs while other mods like SLUTS already have a quest with DDs running on the PC)

what else could i say other than => love it as it is!

\o/ mod well done!

thx bane master

if DEChests gets split into two modules, DDadding <-> Estrus traps, it "module" like character would make it even more compatible to other mods (with comparable features) and user game setups

but it seems like extra work to maintain 2 mods + FMEA, especially because DEChests just works as it is atm, as everything is modifiable via MCM anyways

An Update to Deviously Enchanted Chests has been released:

What's New in Version V2.22 (06102018)

Version 2.22

• Added generic Straitjackets to Heavy Bondage
  • Added Hobble Skirts
  • Optimized some array handling code
  • Bugfix - unlocked plugs will now only be installed if there is a device equipped to keep them in place
  • Bugfix - fixed a script error that was preventing some "open" devices from being selected 
  • Bugfix - fixed a script error that could sometimes cause the MCM to fail to initialize on first install
  • Bugfix - fixed log spam referencing deprecated script dtraps_estrus

Is there way of a custom follower to be recognized I've install Sophia follower mod and she has her own framework , I had use the addfollwer function on for death alternative which adds her to the daymoyl_CustomFollowerFaction "Custom Follower Faction" I think . Is there a faction from your mod i could add her too so she will be picked up with the chests trip etc.

As usual thank you for the mod and all your hard work. 

8 hours ago, chubjub said:

Is there way of a custom follower to be recognized I've install Sophia follower mod and she has her own framework , I had use the addfollwer function on for death alternative which adds her to the daymoyl_CustomFollowerFaction "Custom Follower Faction" I think . Is there a faction from your mod i could add her too so she will be picked up with the chests trip etc.

As usual thank you for the mod and all your hard work. 

There isn't ATM - I'll give it some thought to ways of adding it....

I've added sophia to currentfollowerfaction 0005c84e so far this has worked for your mod as well as other mods ie Defeat and Sexlab Adventures to catch her when checking for followers .I haven't seen any problems with the follower functions I'm hoping that only adding her to this faction and not the rest that make up for a vanilla follower it will not screw up her ai I'll have to check with other standalone followers. Then again i'm probably wrong and she will blow up later in the game .

8 hours ago, chubjub said:

I've added sophia to currentfollowerfaction 0005c84e so far this has worked for your mod as well as other mods ie Defeat and Sexlab Adventures to catch her when checking for followers .I haven't seen any problems with the follower functions I'm hoping that only adding her to this faction and not the rest that make up for a vanilla follower it will not screw up her ai I'll have to check with other standalone followers. Then again i'm probably wrong and she will blow up later in the game .

That will work fine for DECh so I hope it doesn't break anything else for you - I will still look at the possibility of adding a custom include faction so that custom followers can be tagged from the MCM. 

42 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

How about an option in the mcm that only females can get hit? So your female follower would get DDs but a male player wouldn't.

You should only be seeing dDs on Females as traps check the gender of victims - which male actors are being affected?

28 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

You should only be seeing dDs on Females as traps check the gender of victims - which male actors are being affected?

Last time I tried it the male player got invisible DDs (I don't have ""DDs for him" )and yokes.

Tested it again. The male player gets DDs as well.