Seems a bit necro to post about SGO3 (LE), but figured I'd ask. Using v310 along with the SLIF XPMSE SkirtBone_SoulGemOven script fix.

Mod seems to work as intended, but the belly growth is very small and has a barely noticeable size progression. When inserting soul gems, I do see the belly puff out a bit with each one, but afterwards the node growth is very slow via tracking the growth via SLIF values. For example, belly node value reads ~1.4 with 5 gems at 50% duration (3/6 days), with a BellyMax MCM value set to 10 (max).

Is there another setting in MCM that I missed that influences the belly node growth?

1 hour ago, sandmanalfa said:

Are you meant to see soul gems popping out when you give birth? Cause the animations and everything works but nothing comes out

This is a common problem. The gems are actually being birthed, but are going to some location other than where your PC is. Somewhere back in this thread is a post with a patch to fix it. The patch is named something like "SGO3 fix for xpmse 4.32+"

• 5 weeks later...

So there are many patches now for SGO3 and compatibility. I know there's a patch that has SLSO and XPMSE fixes combined, and another which has SLIF and XPSME fixes combined - but they all overwrite each other.

Is there a patch that combines all of them? Meaning the XPMSE skeleton fixes, being able to register SGO3 through SLIF, and SLSO compatibility?

On 12/31/2020 at 7:38 AM, decaluka said:

So there are many patches now for SGO3 and compatibility. I know there's a patch that has SLSO and XPMSE fixes combined, and another which has SLIF and XPSME fixes combined - but they all overwrite each other.

Is there a patch that combines all of them? Meaning the XPMSE skeleton fixes, being able to register SGO3 through SLIF, and SLSO compatibility?

SLIF's provided patch seemingly does all three, but there are some issues with not being able to completely return to normal (slight pudge) and it (SLIF) not handling NIO heels very well.

21 hours ago, CynicalCore said:

maybe stupid, but u guys use the patch from SLIF?

Yes.

Hello. I Haven't used Soulgem Oven (or SLIF) since my LE days during SGOII. Wondering what the latest opinions are of SGO4 beta vs SGO3. I have read a bit of the previous posts, but would like some opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of both. Mostly looking for stability, because my current playthrough is really stable and I don't want to wreck it.

I read earlier in this thread that in SGO4, the milk cannot be combined into racial powers anymore. That was a neat feature I enjoyed. Is there any purpose to the milk ingredients now in SGO4? Does SGO4 require more or less patches with other SL mods, to be work well? For reference I use SLSO, Devious Devices, Sanguines Debauchery+, and Prison Overhaul...at least those are the big mods I use.

Any and all opinions to get me caught up on the latest are appreciated.

edit: Okay I am a big dummy. I thought SGOIII was also SE compatible. Typed in google "Skyrim Special Edition Soulgem Oven" and it took me here. I should of read the main page a bit closer...

So if I am understanding things correctly, SGO4 is the only version compatible with Special Edition? Pardon my ignorance!

1 hour ago, Nohrin said:

So if I am understanding things correctly, SGO4 is the only version compatible with Special Edition? Pardon my ignorance!

Yep

53 minutes ago, sidfu1 said:

sgo 4 is still in dev and will be for a while. just pick your posion and go with it for now.

SGO4 is fine to use, although there is some minor issues, for example the milker doesnt align right with 3bbb bodies + gem transfer isnt out yet...

3 hours ago, dragondoom42 said:

SGO4 is fine to use, although there is some minor issues, for example the milker doesnt align right with 3bbb bodies + gem transfer isnt out yet...

In addition to the milk being only an alchemical ingredient now, I'm finding the following changes/bugs compared to SGO3:

1. Soul Gem fragments can no longer be inserted and grown into whole gems.

2. The "ultrasound" feature from the wheel no longer exists, so to see the status of gems being carried you have to go to the MCM and look there for the data on all characters (PC and NPCs) carrying gems.

3. The MCM has settings for a widget that I assume is supposed to show the PC's gem status, but it does not appear for me.

4. Milk bottles produced by the PC and NPCs, after being picked up, regenerate when you exit and re-enter a location, and can be picked up again. There may be some time limit after which they stop re-appearing, and that might differ for PC and NPC, but I haven't been able to pin down exactly what is happening.

5. Similar to #4, soul gems birthed reappear after you leave and re-enter a location. Differently from milk bottles, however, if not birthed in a player home taking the gems counts as stealing if observed doing so.

6. Character names are modified to show their gem/milk/semen status, so in dialogue and Apropos messages they show as the name followed by the status.

All in all, I'm wishing that I had tried converting SGO3 with CAO instead of using SGO4, but at this point I'm going to wait until I'm ready to start a new game before I try that.

17 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

In addition to the milk being only an alchemical ingredient now, I'm finding the following changes/bugs compared to SGO3:

1. Soul Gem fragments can no longer be inserted and grown into whole gems.

2. The "ultrasound" feature from the wheel no longer exists, so to see the status of gems being carried you have to go to the MCM and look there for the data on all characters (PC and NPCs) carrying gems.

3. The MCM has settings for a widget that I assume is supposed to show the PC's gem status, but it does not appear for me.

4. Milk bottles produced by the PC and NPCs, after being picked up, regenerate when you exit and re-enter a location, and can be picked up again. There may be some time limit after which they stop re-appearing, and that might differ for PC and NPC, but I haven't been able to pin down exactly what is happening.

5. Similar to #4, soul gems birthed reappear after you leave and re-enter a location. Differently from milk bottles, however, if not birthed in a player home taking the gems counts as stealing if observed doing so.

6. Character names are modified to show their gem/milk/semen status, so in dialogue and Apropos messages they show as the name followed by the status.

All in all, I'm wishing that I had tried converting SGO3 with CAO instead of using SGO4, but at this point I'm going to wait until I'm ready to start a new game before I try that.

Oh yeah, i forgot about the fragments thing, and yeah the ultrasound thing is missing but then there is a (progress bar) you can enable, there is also text that appears when a gem is full, but i think its broken coz i get it everytime a gem is updated

With the ingrediants thing, I got really pissed at this, so i went into the creation kit and made my own mod that added them back in

Anyway, heres a link to the github, as I havent seen a SGO4 thread :/

https://github.com/darkconsole/dse-soulgem-oven

theres also a darkconsole discord but I think progress on SGO4 is very slow at the moment for what ive gathered
(im more of a lurker on discord than on here)

1 hour ago, dragondoom42 said:

there is also text that appears when a gem is full, but i think its broken coz i get it everytime a gem is updated

I forgot to mention that, I get that too. It seems like when my PC has more than 3 gems (I have the MCM set at 6 gems like SGO3) after the first 3 gems get to 6.0 (black) then I get the DingDingDing Oven's done! messages every time gems 4 through 6 gain a level.

20 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

At first it wasn't showing for me either. After reloading the save the next day, they appear, but are kinda buggy. There is random text about a "that lazy dog" below the bar. I also cannot disable the widgets either. I can only lower the scale to 0.1. Looked through MCM without seeing an option to disable widgets.

Definitely going to wait before adding SGO to my main save. 

• 1 month later...

I looking to install Soul Gem Oven for my SSE game. I've skimmed the thread, but it's pretty long... would someone be willing to tell me the pros and cons of using SGO3  vs SGO4 Beta? And whether there are any crucial patches needed that are not listed on the main page, for either one?

1 hour ago, PubliusNV said:

We discussed many of the differences on January 6th and 7th, just a few posts up from yours. Did you read those?

I did :)

They were fairly informative, but they seem to primarily be discussing the differences from a perspective of people who are very familiar with the ins and outs of the mod, which I am not. It's hard for me to make a call on whether any given issue is a big deal or not, and - especially - what number of additional patches, fixes and additional files are necessary to make them run well. SL modding being what it is, I've often found that there's a "here try this fix" file posted on p. 123 of a support thread that's required to make a mod run smoothly.

I was hoping for a concise recommendation based on personal experience. Something like "SGO3 lacks feature X, Y, Z of SGO4, but has fewer issues with A, B, C as long as you get patches K and J, and don't forget texture pack L so I'd go with that" or "SGO4 does [this thing] which is totally worth it for me, in spite of issues with [some bugs]. Another thing is you don't need to worry about compatibility with [cool mod], while SGO3 in my experience has issues with that."

If people don't feel like make such recommendations, fair play - but I thought I might as well ask :)

On 1/9/2021 at 4:16 PM, foxminoso said:

i got trouble with , all the mod work fine , i used debug to get preg was working all good , but i fust can't get pregnant from npc with sex :/

If you use SLSO you need a patch.

============

Any 1 got SGO3 working on 3bbb in SSE without SLIF SE? Armor is scaling fine, but body does not. Belly did work with SLIF but nothing works without. I tried both of the patched scripts from the conversion tracker. When using SLIF I tried the CBBE tullius bodymorph file, but it did not work either.

SGO 4 worked fine for me, but for the missing alchemy and enchanting leveling. When I integrated SL Survival into my playthrough I went back to SGO3 for interaction between the two. 

Now I have uninstalled and save-cleaned SGO3 and after reinstalling it, the belly scaling works in the nude and the breasts on armors but not vice versa xD

4 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

Any 1 got SGO3 working on 3bbb in SSE without SLIF SE? Armor is scaling fine, but body does not

Check your skee64.ini. There's a section for scaling that looks like this:

; Determines scaling mode

; 0 - Multiplicative

; 1 - Averaged

; 2 - Additive

; 3 - Maximum

iScaleMode=3

See what your setting is.

13 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

Check your skee64.ini. There's a section for scaling that looks like this:

; Determines scaling mode

; 0 - Multiplicative

; 1 - Averaged

; 2 - Additive

; 3 - Maximum

iScaleMode=3

See what your setting is.

It was set to 0.

Good tip! I used it together with Bodybuilders and I may have got negative numbers for some nodes.

However, I am back on SGO4 beta 6 for now, so I may check in some time later ?