27 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Bethesda...oh right, that's the company that released a so-called "open world" game named "Skyrim" where 90% of content has no apparent connection other than sharing the same world. Go here, do some quest there, go somewhere else, run an errand there. Yeah, that's SO different from what DCL does. DCL is indeed different from most mods. Starting where it's larger than most and offering more content than most. Yes, it started with traps. And then I added more related stuff over time. I didn't want to limit it to just traps, just because that's what I started with. Now, I'd say it's a BDSM expansion pack for Skyrim with a misleading name. People keep downloading it, so perhaps they like it?

There is nothing wrong with modularity, mind you. There are plenty of little one-trick pony mods out there that do their job just nicely and never wanted to be anything bigger. That's fine! There are also many one-trick pony mods out there that do that one trick because their authors didn't have the time or the drive to make something bigger. That's also fine. But bashing somebody making a large successful mod because it's large and successful is pretty funny, really.

And yes, it's really my mod, so thankfully I don't have to listen to your personal version of "reasonable". Bethesda didn't either, otherwise Skyrim would have shipped as 25 separate episodes and not a monolithic open world game.

There are several modders who have made collections of mods that work well together and can be considered "something bigger" as a whole, but don't require a single unified mod to do it. Dismissing those as "one-trick-pony" mods is a bit harsh imo.
Heck, in a more large-scale way isn't that what both Sexlab and the Devious Skyrim project kinda are? Creating a base level collection of assets, but then allowing the users to pick and choose what functionality they want by adding mods ontop of that.

Idk, I might just be misreading your tone.

Though to be fair, DCL has the ability to disable pretty much any functionality you dislike in it (though some of the disables are bugged atm). So in some ways it is "modular", so a lot of the arguements against its scope creep are kinda moot.

Also, as an aside a little while ago you were talking about how your MCM had reached the limit of what you could really do. Have you seen YeOlde Papyrus? It has a code fragment that you can use to break your MCM up into multiple scripts, rather than one huge one. Its license allows you to pack it in your mod, and it might give you some more flexibility.

32 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

You might need to look into stabilizing your Skyrim and start a new game whenever you feel like save has become unstable

Ok there nothing much to say. Install fresh Skyrim SE - only DCL requirements - start new game as captured princess - wait while all mods initialize - got in cage - wait about 1 minute while quest items equipping. That's how it's work always.

And if you think that only i alone say about slow work - you are naive.

32 minutes ago, osmosis-wrench said:

There are several modders who have made collections of mods that work well together and can be considered "something bigger" as a whole, but don't require a single unified mod to do it. Dismissing those as "one-trick-pony" mods is a bit harsh imo.
Heck, in a more large-scale way isn't that what both Sexlab and the Devious Skyrim project kinda are? Creating a base level collection of assets, but then allowing the users to pick and choose what functionality they want by adding mods ontop of that.

Idk, I might just be misreading your tone.

Though to be fair, DCL has the ability to disable pretty much any functionality you dislike in it (though some of the disables are bugged atm). So in some ways it is "modular", so a lot of the arguements against its scope creep are kinda moot.

Also, as an aside a little while ago you were talking about how your MCM had reached the limit of what you could really do. Have you seen YeOlde Papyrus? It has a code fragment that you can use to break your MCM up into multiple scripts, rather than one huge one. Its license allows you to pack it in your mod, and it might give you some more flexibility.

Devious Skyrim isn't a project of any sort. It is (was) simply a mod list naming all mods using the DD framework, so users interested in DD content could locate them conveniently. There never was any formalized coordination of any sort between DD content mod authors. Everybody did what they felt like doing, and it's still that way. Sexlab is a monolithic mod as well. It really does everything related to sex scenes, with the notable exception of handling arousal, which a separate mod was made for.

And yes, DCL tries really hard to be configurable and is one of the most configurable mods there is. A lot of the heat I am getting is for daring to add a handful of assets to the world and thus conflicting with mods that throw assets into Skyrim's world like candy. There is really no way anyone could place a new house into Skyrim without conflicting with at least SOMETHING. Even the CD store, which was placed in a corner so remote that nobody would ever place a store there, clashes with some mods that picked the same location. So I have come to just accept that clashes are inevitable, move on, and leave the choice to people what mod they prefer to use when they have to decide for one. Some will opt for DCL. Some will opt for whatever mod it is that adds pretty houses to Dawnstar. That's fine.

PS: My tone tends to adapt to the poster I am reacting to. If somebody is rude and condescending, I tend to reply in the same way, because I assume that's their preferred way of communication, for otherwise they probably would phrase their posts differently. If you spot me doing that in a post not directed at you, just take it as such. ;)

2 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Ok there nothing much to say. Install fresh Skyrim SE - only DCL requirements - start new game as captured princess - wait while all mods initialize - got in cage - wait about 1 minute while quest items equipping. That's how it's work always.

And if you think that only i alone say about slow work - you are naive.

I think here is your mistake: why do you start the game as the captured princess before all mods initialize? Maybe next time try to let all mods initialize in the cell before even talking to the Mara statue. And don't even move at all. Stand there. Manually activate mods that need manual activation such as sexlab. Wait again. Save. Load. More mods will initialize such as DD and EC+. Save. Load. Make sure nothing else still needs loading. Configure your MCM the way you like it. Then, only then, speak to Mara.

I play LE which should perform less good than SE and even on my old computer it took like 5 seconds to be bound as soon as I loaded into the cage, maximum time.

5 hours ago, Kimy said:

Bethesda...oh right, that's the company that released a so-called "open world" game named "Skyrim" where 90% of content has no apparent connection other than sharing the same world. Go here, do some quest there, go somewhere else, run an errand there. Yeah, that's SO different from what DCL does. DCL is indeed different from most mods. Starting where it's larger than most and offering more content than most. Yes, it started with traps. And then I added more related stuff over time. I didn't want to limit it to just traps, just because that's what I started with.

My comparison to Bethesda was in regards to your attitude about patchers being "butchers", not about making an overbloated mess. It's an open world sandbox of course it has content that is unrelated to other content.

Now, I'd say it's a BDSM expansion pack for Skyrim with a misleading name. People keep downloading it, so perhaps they like it?

I never said anything about the quality of the content within your mod, or that people should dislike it. I said that you'll keep getting requests until the end of time about compatibility because of the structure of this mod.

There is nothing wrong with modularity, mind you. There are plenty of little one-trick pony mods out there that do their job just nicely and never wanted to be anything bigger. That's fine! There are also many one-trick pony mods out there that do that one trick because their authors didn't have the time or the drive to make something bigger. That's also fine. But bashing somebody making a large successful mod because it's large and successful is pretty funny, really.

And now mods that remain within their initial scope are "one-trick pony mods", ugh. I'm not saying making a giant mod is a bad thing, obviously. I'm saying making a mod that is massive collection disjointed ideas is a recipe for disaster. And you can still have several "one-trick pony mods" form something bigger. It's not an issue of scale it's an issue of focus.

And yes, it's really my mod, so thankfully I don't have to listen to your personal version of "reasonable".

It's a good thing I wasn't make a demand then. You are the one constantly bashing your head against a wall every time I check on this thread because someone is asking for modularity or a DCL-Lite. I really don't care what you do, I'm competent enough that I can remove the things about your mod I don't like.

And the point wasn't to "bash" you, it was to tell you why so many people have an issue with your mod specifically. If you want to ignore what I'm saying be my guest, I'm not the one that's going to have to spend another 6 years dealing with the issues that stem from your decisions.

Bethesda didn't either, otherwise Skyrim would have shipped as 25 separate episodes and not a monolithic open world game.

Again the comparison was made in regards to your outlook on people touching your mod. If Bethesda shared your view on people modifying their content, well DCL wouldn't exist now would it?

9 hours ago, Kimy said:

... And people who pack 500 mods in the same installation and wonder why it doesn't work well shouldn't really blame DCL for that.

I always find it funny when people complain about a mod causing conflicts. With modern tools, even NMM which is now older than skyrim itself, it is easy to resolve conflicts.

I am running a literal 500 mod order with DCL and Legacy of the Dragborn as the core and minimal problems to say the least. I did have an issue when upgrading from DCL 8.3 to 8.5 but that is the risk of changing mods.

If you are having issues with a mod with this much documentation you are probably just bad at modding and need to RTFM

Ok I have a couple of quick questions regarding DCUR and Combat Surrender. Can I actually do anything with the slave traders I see occasionally wandering around or are they just for flavour? Like say I have some pretty young bandit who I’ve got tied up and gagged, can I sell her to the slaver or am I stuck just having sex with her before using her for combat skill practice? Second question, if I do have a prisoner via combat surrender and want to take her somewhere, are the guards supposed to keep trying to kill her? I took her to Riverwood to try and sell her but the guards just violently attacked her. Thank you very kindly.

4 minutes ago, twsnider1138 said:

Ok I have a couple of quick questions regarding DCUR

First speak with Slave trader and he got you book with teleport.

Then tied up Bandit and order her follow you.

Teleport to trader by reading book.

Combat starts.

Wait while Bandit is in bleedout - all NPC calms.

Talk to slave trader and sell bandit.

Teleport back by reading book to place where you take a bandit.

If Slave trader not here - you are unlucky - his have wandering around - need wait while him appears.

I was just reading the last couple of pages and I saw a lot of posts regarding crashing and stability issues due to too many mods or whatever, I thought I would pass on a few tips based on my own experience of modded skyrim on computers with low to mid range graphics. 9 times out of 10, issues are caused by mods that use high textures such as 4k especially along with an enb mod.  I generally avoid them, I might have one or two that use 2k textures but I keep these to a minimum.  Disabling the 3 Skyrim High Resolution Texture Packs can really give you a huge performance gain if you don't mind the loss of quality in lighting. In some cases, it is necessary depending on which mods you want to run. Basically You can't have everything.

That's quite a tense atmosphere in this topic now. Sorry, I did not want to cause such a trouble with my question. :/

9 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Maybe I can help, what exactly are you missing in a DCLless setup? (some unique DCL features just can't be replaces tho ^^)

Keep in mind you can deactivate many DCL functions and combine DCL with other mods that way (also to prevent a lot of redundant features ingame).

That took me a while to understand, because of my greed to have EVERYTHING activated all the time.

Thanks for the offer. Based on my earlier posting the features are a combination of the loot feature (without the explosion of deviously enchanted chests), prostitution, the dialogue part (comments, insults and humiliation), reatcons on public indecency and sex attacks, preferably at night (I tested horrible harassment, but I could not get the NPCs to do something nasty). Right now I am testing SL Adventures to make city life more interesting.

15 minutes ago, Veldon said:

That's quite a tense atmosphere in this topic now. Sorry, I did not want to cause such a trouble with my question. :/

Thanks for the offer. Based on my earlier posting the features are a combination of the loot feature (without the explosion of deviously enchanted chests), prostitution, the dialogue part (comments, insults and humiliation), reatcons on public indecency and sex attacks, preferably at night (I tested horrible harassment, but I could not get the NPCs to do something nasty). Right now I am testing SL Adventures to make city life more interesting.

You might want to check M.C.G.

Maybe there already was that question but it's hard to find even if don't know how to formulate a query.

When end Leon's quest are long time undress from obsidian items. Leon mention about new collar to lock on you, but technically nothing are lock me after undress process.

And i remember that in version 8.4 i really got back collar.

Question: In version 8.5 this collar not equip by compatibility issues or it's long unequip scrip lag - so long that DCL can't reequip back a collar?

16 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

I think here is your mistake: why do you start the game as the captured princess before all mods initialize? Maybe next time try to let all mods initialize in the cell before even talking to the Mara statue. And don't even move at all. Stand there. Manually activate mods that need manual activation such as sexlab. Wait again. Save. Load. More mods will initialize such as DD and EC+. Save. Load. Make sure nothing else still needs loading. Configure your MCM the way you like it. Then, only then, speak to Mara.

I play LE which should perform less good than SE and even on my old computer it took like 5 seconds to be bound as soon as I loaded into the cage, maximum time.

^ This

Letting a new game properly initialize is absolutely critical, and this means remaining in the LAL cell until ALL mods are done setting up. Also, don't manually initialize mods (e.g. SexLab) until this is done. The Skyrim scripting engine is a total potato, so putting more strain on it than necessary is not a good idea. And starting a new game tends to be the largest performance hit it's likely to see in the entire playthrough while all these mods go through their initialization routines. There is a reason why many larger mods including DCL delay script-heavy startup routines.

20 hours ago, Hiderius said:

I got bound by Nazeem doing Chloe's quest and I looked under active effects and their is a few active effects in red that is missing names

Hide contents

20200729222333_1.jpg.0096e5b112c2da3851269bbb1fd2baa2.jpg

Are you LE or SE?

We had this question recently in SE, and I plan to start looking into it. But if it's in LE too, that changes some things.

5 hours ago, DeeplyForbidden said:

Their belly sizes don't match my character's model for some reason

Reason is - your body bones not match to corsets bones - solution - load corset into outfit studio - remove all bones and sliders from shapes, load your body into corset reaply all bones and sliders, then delete a body resave into another project and build new corset into bodyslide.

10 hours ago, Hiderius said:
10 hours ago, zarantha said:

Are you LE or SE?

We had this question recently in SE, and I plan to start looking into it. But if it's in LE too, that changes some things.

I'm playing with the LE edition

I believe it happens because in a lot of cases the rendered device doesn't have a name set.

22 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Reason is - your body bones not match to corsets bones - solution - load corset into outfit studio - remove all bones and sliders from shapes, load your body into corset reaply all bones and sliders, then delete a body resave into another project and build new corset into bodyslide.

I don't really know how to do what you just described or where to find the necessary files, and I'm worried I might break my game if I fuck that up since the last time I tried to mess with bone weights in Outfit Studio, nothing happened. Is there a way for me to learn how to do all that?

7 hours ago, LazerWing said:

After having triggered Sasha's dom mode and become her slave i am unable to undo this, is there a way to undo it or do i have to reload a save from before that option was triggered if i want to "take back the reins" so to speak?

To forcefully get free from Sasha (and any DCL system's follower; Leon or Leah)... The basic idea is you need to get rid of your collar but you can't do it with console. Talk to your follower and try to steal the key, but to make it easier:

Spoiler

If you have MCM disabled when bound feature turned on, you're stuck. If you succeed in the talk dialog it will internally start unlocking the collar and let you out, but if it fails you can only try it again much later, but chance to succeed will be higher than last time.

- Go to MCM and find the Dominant Follower tab and tweak the 3 settings. Easiest possible would be (if you want challenge, don't choose easiest...):

- Key steal success chance 100%

- Combinations per tick 2500

- Detection chance 0%

i dont like these rope devices. where is the option to disable them ?   (rroooooope not raaaaape !)

in 8.5 the solification payment patch is gone. but is the payment problem gone too ?  wrong numbers, want soft get hard and only 10 gold, results in never say soft.  nonsense.

getting trouble with guards because of rape leads to deactivate one of them. nonsense.

more next