1 hour ago, valcon767 said:

can i have a copy to try please?? whether thru pm or post i do not care.

5 minutes ago, fegar2 said:

@Slagblah

I think that's a good addition. i hate the "you have a key, but you already tried unlocking, wait 2 hours" mechanic, because the only difference it makes is, that i have to wait 2 hours on the spot.

so i'd like to try it too.

Unfortunately, as someone else pointed out, this exact tweak came up and was discussed in the DD Dev thread, and Kimy stated that such a thing could not be published.

Therefore, I will not be able to distribute it. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

5 hours ago, Slagblah said:

It doesn't really do anything about the struggle animation duration, but I think it does address some of your other complaints. If you (or anyone else) would like to try it, I can post and/or send you the affected files.

No. I'm well aware of it, and I think many other people who have raised complaints are aware of it too. Explaining away somebody's legitimate complaint is an easy mistake to make in this sort of forum, but really, the issue here is not my understanding of the DD4 MCM.

While DD4 has some mechanics that people do not like (and I am amongst them), those are not necessarily the mechanics that DCL has to deliver to us. I do not find it obvious that DCL should passively accept the annoying behaviours of DD4, and DD4 is not forcing mods to do that. Rather, DCL ought to continue to work how it did under DD3, but with the addition of a few new items. Unless of course, Kimy believes that a long, looping struggle animation is a win for DCL, or that it should require huge cooldowns between escape attempts instead of being user configurable, or that any attempt to remove a restraint, no matter what keys you have, should result in a serious of annoying "I can't do that Dave" type pop-up boxes and ambiguous messages that leave the player puzzled whether they have the wrong key, or the game is simply messing with them and stopping them from using the correct key successfully. Well, maybe Kimy does believe that, but it's now how DCL was up until now.

When you say:

"By the way, it is, in fact, DD4 that controls these features while mods like DCL just specify the numerical strength of each device in each category."

... that is the crux of the matter, right there.

You have it backwards.

That is DD3 thinking.

DD4 does not "control" them, it provides an API with mechanisms for control of them, because DD4 does not set out to present a player-facing interface.

DD4 is not an end-user resource. DD4 is a modder's resource. The player-facing mod might be DCL, or Devious Equip, or SD+, or Slaverun, or whatever mod elects to use DD4.

The responsibility is on the player-facing mod to determine how individual items are configured, or to not offer that option at all, and force the player to accept the mod's "vision"... Not DD4's vision, but the consumer mod's vision.

The DD4 MCM difficulty is verging on being a problematic vestige of DD3. The only thing DD4 needs in its MCM is enable/disable, debug level, and FREE ME, for when a mod goes sideways. But I understand why there is a difficulty setting. It provides a shared resource that any consumer mod can look at, and take into account. It also modifies the default item behaviours, so modders can offer some kind of difficulty setting even if using off-the-shelf items, but remember, DD4 is not saying those default items are anything other than samples for modders to use as examples. The limited range of control the difficulty slider delivers means that a player can't just tell a mod that suddenly keys aren't consumable (or are consumable). The mod should decide this.

Though the items in DD were delivered "as is" to the player by DCL 6.1, that does not mean that is the future. CD didn't work like that. Devious Equip added many items of its own. DCL adds many unique items. SD+ had various items of its own too, even in DD3-land.

I've said it, but I'll repeat it ... item customisation and detailed behaviour controls should be the province of the consumer mod. Furthermore, Kimy has made very clear that this is the vision of DD4. I am not making this stuff up on my own.

I believe, and I'm simply reasoning through this now ... allowing DD to change the behaviour of items in its MCM only leads to broken behaviour in mods. The DD3x MCM was able to pull the rug from under the feet of mods, nerfing bondage mittens, or rendering hobble dresses ineffective. When a mod uses an item, the mod should be able to rely on that item being pretty much the item it's trying to give you, and not something with fundamentally different gameplay properties.

If a mod puts shackles on you, and has a challenge that relies entirely on your movement speed being slowed, then, if you can simply untick a box and turn that off, you break its content, without even knowing you are doing it, and the mod has no way to know until the mod author cops twenty forum posts complaining about how their pony race it too easy.

Whether or not you agree it was good gameplay, DCL uses "inescapable" devices in its slavery quests. If you make an entire quest about getting a collar, or an armbinder off, and then some DD options menu lets people remove it with a dialogue that comes from some random mod, or by opening a container, they might think they solved the problem legitimately, and wonder why the quest is so dumb and broken not to realise the items has been taken off.

This is no new thing. Zbf never offered detailed customisation of items and escape, though it does offer some blindfold options. It was always left to consumer mods to handle the details.

But returning to the complaint being made, in DCL 6.1, we had armbinders that worked and were fun, and escaping them was fun. We had really fine grained control over key mechanics. Some part of that functionality and control was in DD, but most was in DCL. Some of that DCL functionality is now a bit impaired, especially the bits that used to be delivered by the DD3 MCM, and I personally would like to see it returned to us, and not simply removed from DCL. Maybe I'm not going to get my wish, but I wish it nonetheless. That is all. Thankyou.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:05 PM, WaxenFigure said:

That means you did NOT install all of the prerequisites.

Best way to find out is to use TES5EDIT which will also fail to start but will also identify which mod is missing.

I wanted to thank you for helping me, but I only just got access to my internet again and that's why it took so long.

1. I will definitely make quests involving customized versions of the newer DD4 items. If people have ideas for interesting quests, I'd be curious to hear them, btw! :smile:

2. If people think the MCM changes in DD4 influenced DCL gameplay in a way that warrants changes/additions in DCL's user configuration options, by all means, make -concrete- suggestions what should be added, and why. Keep in mind that I cannot add a limitless amount of MCM controls. DCL's MCM is already pretty much pushing limits. Keep also in mind that DCL controls cannot directly influence behavior of standard DD4 items, only its own custom devices.

8 minutes ago, jensern said:

I need to go back to DCL 6.2. Where can I find it?

I have an issue with Jack the Belter, that he triggers all the time, even at 1 percentage. Also, the tentacles are no longer triggering when harvesting plants.

6.2 had serious bugs that got fixed in 6.3. I wouldn't recommend using it. If 6.3 has bugs, by all means, report them, with a detailed description and logs, please. It's not that I never fix bugs, or so. *rolls eyes*

On 02/02/2018 at 2:29 PM, donkeywho said:

@Kimy

1 - Is it possible to add an MCM option to remove DD items straight away if you have an appropriate key etc?  That will stop the 'hide in the shadows, shove the clock forward - I will cheat that much! - until you can try taking the thing off again, sometimes to repeat ad nauseam.  Keys breaking, fine, that's worth a bit of effort and ingenuity, and it's not boring LOL.  As a selectable option, this would keep your concept intact for those who want the B&D experience for what it is, rather than as part of the base game.  That would be the best of both worlds for everyone, rather than just, as Lupine suggested - reverting to the DD3 style

I'll second that.

The delay is the least meaningful thing. In dd3 I could just set that to 0 and try all I wanted until I either got the thing off or pulled it hard enough to lock with no chance of escape without the key. Some things not coming straight off even with the key is also fine. I understand the concept. But the delay where you just find a spot where not("can't wait when there are enemies nearby") and try all you want until one of the three happens: you get it off, or the key breaks [and the lock jams]... That's the annoying bit. Even animation length is fine, the delay after that is what gets me "fthat. alt+f4".

58 minutes ago, Kimy said:

1. I will definitely make quests involving customized versions of the newer DD4 items. If people have ideas for interesting quests, I'd be curious to hear them, btw! :smile:

2. If people think the MCM changes in DD4 influenced DCL gameplay in a way that warrants changes/additions in DCL's user configuration options, by all means, make -concrete- suggestions what should be added, and why. Keep in mind that I cannot add a limitless amount of MCM controls. DCL's MCM is already pretty much pushing limits. Keep also in mind that DCL controls cannot directly influence behavior of standard DD4 items, only its own custom devices.

You could make more Pink Rubber Collar type events, I love those.

Getting a collar knowing that you will end up like a helpless mess is great.

You could make a new set with the straitjacket+legbinder combo.

The problem with that is, while it looks super hot, it takes away too much gameplay.

Which is a shame, it is probably better to stick with the normal straitjacket without the legbinder.

Unless you want to make a more punishing version of the normal Pink Rubber Coallr quest, which is something I would like.

Maybe give the player a cursed ballgag that adds more restraints.

Maybe depending on arousal or times you try to speak to a person or when you use stamina or loose health.

Also, is it possible to check when the player is fast-travelling?

I would love a punishment or DCUR event for using fast-travel.

Make it optional ofcourse, some people will dislike it.

:heart:

I'd like to see an event involving armbinder equipping.  Maybe your armbinder from that trapped chest just goes into your inventory (and can't be removed , because you can't access your inventory) to regain inventory access you need to ask someone to help you equip the armbinder.  Once it's been put on you're back to normal play.  The armbinder should be different from shackles and one of the obvious differences is that you need someone to help put it on.

Edit:

Could work with more than one type of device.  You don't know which until someone else checks out what's causing it and helps you put it on.

If my memory serves me right for DCL bugs i encountered as of 6.3 :

-rubber collar quest is not repeatable (there's a global variable that says alreadydone=0/1). when getting a 2nd one the quest just doesnt start. Farengar is now sad.

-heavy gags don't prevent potion drinking (heavy gag and gag of submission, not tried with the silencer)

-armbinder escape via DCL cutting object only works for armbinders, not elbowbinders.

-patrons don't remove armbinders after bondage event solicitation (they remove the other restraints they put on though) when they don't "feel generous".

-when getting out of a heavy yoke, when choosing not to reward the helper, if you quit the dialogue as they ask "what, i'm not getting a reward?" without answering them, there is no consequence.

-when in full chastity (confirmed by DCL message on screen, no keys, need gag for chastity) sometimes still get raped

-cursed collar doesn't react anymore when you try to tinker with it. It was a nice little touch.

-bondage dialogue not refreshing for me (so 1 time per npc) but it seems to work for other ppl

-rubber arrears dress not removed once i got the customer "home"

-dominant sasha never removes the rubber dress she applies with the "it's intolerable you're not wearing rubber!" line. checked there is no counterpart to it with TESVedit, unless it's shared with the catsuit. The line to remove it never procced for me though (and god knows i tried by spamming reloads!)

-dominant sasha, some restraints are escapable : gag, rubber dress

-dominant sasha collar escape doesn't remove the shock collar key, i get the message "you're now free" in a constant cycle 

-keyholder quest with dollmaker does not end, the global variable "keyholder can release" isnt updated to 1 after the chosen number of game days passed

As for new ideas...

-another rubber collar type quest, based on specific actions rather than arousal (maybe crafting, brewing pots, smithing...)

-an inverted slut collar, meaning you need to do X actions in a timeframe not to be punished (compatible with the above idea!)

I'm hyped for additions with straightjackets and the new spikeball/mage slut outfit.

keep up the wonderful work :heart:

32 minutes ago, Clockwinding said:

-rubber collar quest is not repeatable (there's a global variable that says alreadydone=0/1). when getting a 2nd one the quest just doesnt start. Farengar is now sad.

For the record, the Farengar tie-in to the Rubber Doll quest is NOT from DCL. That actually comes from Devious Cidhna. (Yeah, I know, that surprised me at first too.)

reading this gave me an idea of combining ideas from Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje", Rjn,and Clockwinding.

a new quest

a cursed straightjacket,  when it is added/looted and goes into your inventory you can no longer access your inventory (or fast travel??) until

you ask someone for help.  when you ask him/her for help they say something like "sure i'll help you with your problem."

then they equip the new "straightjacket" on you saying "that was your problem, you had forgot to equip your jacket".

after the straightjacket is equipped every time you go to use a vanilla crafting station (or a chance on travel) it would add yet another devious

device to you. 

you are unable to get out of any devices until it has added a set (MCM configurable??) number of devices to you.

the devices it adds should be punishing type items (like the Silencer, and the Striptease Collar etc).

or possibly a "pony item" (1 pony item that is cursed) where it/they cannot be removed until after you have the full set on for x days.

along the lines described above (including the tail plug).

just an idea (or compilation of the ideas of others) for your consideration.

6 hours ago, Kimy said:

Oh! A Devious Call for Papers! So here's my, uhm, submission:

Deviously Indentured Servant

You end up enslaved / indebted to one of Skyrim's craftsmen or -women. Possibly as an outcome of Simple Slavery, or after being rescued from the bandits after Combat Surrender.

The Deal: You must work off your debt. A blacksmith might need you to craft a number of weapons and armors. An innkeeper might need you to serve a number of customers and cook meals. And so on. If you don't have the needed skills for the required actions, you can get another task (simplest would be chopping wood), but of course with a much higher quota.

The Catch: well obviously, you'll be in chains. Your new owner wouldn't want you to run away, no would they? The type of restraints could match the profession of your owner, like for example: blacksmith = Heretic's iron set, innkeeper = open extreme hobble dress, court wizard = elegant hobble dress, ...

The owner will release you from your chains once you've met the quota. You could also decide to run away, but then you'll obviously remain in the restraints until you find your own way out of them and your former owner will place a bounty on your head after a day or two.

The Devious Arena

A possible hardcore outcome of Combat Surrender to bandits, or just Simple Slavery. There are two or three bandit forts/hideouts in Skyrim that have pit/arena places in them, so maybe one of them could be cloned as a Devious Arena. Your captors put you in chains and then pit you against some enemy. Another tied up victim? Or some small animals like skeever, mudcrab, or even a wolf? Maybe there could be a few tiers of fights. Lower tiers = tough restraints, easier enemies, upper tiers = simpler restraints, tougher enemies. You could start out in the middle and move and down the tiers depending on whether you won or lost the previous fight. After dropping through the bottom tier, your captors grow tired of your and just dump you somewhere (in chains, of course). When you move up the ranks and beat the toughest enemy, you will be released (robbed of your coin, but free to go).

The Pony Express

You already have a delivery quest in the form of "Courier in Chains", this would be another, different take on the courier business: Some of Skyrim's richest individuals are not satisfied any more to merely get their purchases from the Dollmaker and the Captured Dreams store sent to their door. No, they want them delivered in style! That's why Jarl Siddgeir, always in need of some extra coin, came up with an ingenious plan: he has set up his very own courier service, the Skyrim Pony Express. Now he only needs one or two reliable volunteers to work as his couriers. The pay is very good, but the outifit you're required to wear? That's highly questionable, not to mention not at all practical. Harness, bit gag, hoof boots, tail? What on Nirn? But if Skyrim's richest want it done, they get it done. And the pay is very good indeed!

(Possible catch: you may run into the Imperial Mail's couriers along the way and they do not look kindly upon some backwoods Jarl setting up a competing business. Those profits may also attract all kinds of thieves and bandits looking for a quick extra septim.)

3 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

The Pony Express

You already have a delivery quest in the form of "Courier in Chains", this would be another, different take on the courier business: Some of Skyrim's richest individuals are not satisfied any more to merely get their purchases from the Dollmaker and the Captured Dreams store sent to their door. No, they want them delivered in style! That's why Jarl Siddgeir, always in need of some extra coin, came up with an ingenious plan: he has set up his very own courier service, the Skyrim Pony Express. Now he only needs one or two reliable volunteers to work as his couriers. The pay is very good, but the outifit you're required to wear? That's highly questionable, not to mention not at all practical. Harness, bit gag, hoof boots, tail? What on Nirn? But if Skyrim's richest want it done, they get it done. And the pay is very good indeed!

(Possible catch: you may run into the Imperial Mail's couriers along the way and they do not look kindly upon some backwoods Jarl setting up a competing business. Those profits may also attract all kinds of thieves and bandits looking for a quick extra septim.)

Was trying to brainstorm an idea for using the pony items for DCUL, but this pretty much sums up what I was thinking of.  Even better is that all of your ideas sound like great short-to-medium duration events that would work great as DCUR or Simple Slavery outcomes (of which IMO SS needs more of).

Extra idea to add to the Pony Express idea that may help give it a different feel from Courier in Chains - the items on the player could have powerful enchantments to match the wealth of the clientele involved, such as extra stamina and player speed (if you are to be dressed like a horse, why not enchant the gear so the player can run as fast as a horse?).  However, if you physically get caught by the Imperial Mail (say on-hit event to instantly down the player?) they could both steal your package and take advantage of the player, leaving you to return to your point of delivery for punishment.

As to ideas (some I've mentioned earlier)....

• A chance to get tied when you leave a dungeon.
  • Having to strip-dance in bars to remove the strip color.
  • If you drink an alcoholic beverage, there is a small change you drink multiple beverages. The end result will be waking up on a random farm (in the same hold) and a quest-marker pointing towards all the taverns in the same hold, as the innkeeper of one of them is likely to have all your items/clothes (yup, you wake-up naked).
  • Arm and leg cuffs that forces the dragonborn to crawl instead of being able to walk. This can occur in cities and only when the dragonborn is not locked in a yoke or armbinder.

And perhaps an alternative for the crime system, but I guess that would fit better in a separate mod.

Anyway, still like how this mod is still getting developed further. It is one of the best (devious) mod I know.

10 hours ago, Kimy said:

I would really like to see some 'sentient' devices, that change themselves based on the situation and interacts with the player to some degree. It could potentially add restraints while in 'safe' public areas, but removes them while the player is dungeon crawling. Allowing the player to go through complete questlines without having to remove devices themselves, and the player would go though varying levels of bondage while never being in control of it.

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

I have 2 suggestions, although I'm not sure if they would be small enough to fit into DCL and might be best served in a seperate quest mod, you would know better if if that's the case or not, sorry for the rather unimaginative names, I've not had very much sleep.

1st. Princess Enslaved Continued

This one could act either as a continuation of the enslaved princess alternate start plugin with the buyer hunting the character down and locking her up in his castle. or if the character didn't go with that one at the start of the game, a rich noble who hears about this Dragonborn running amok and has a need to possess her.

In either instance the character is brought to a remote castle and locked up in devices (Hobble dress, shoes, blindfold, armbinder and so on) and left alone while the noble goes off to prepare for your "Marriage".

The gameplay portion consists of the character searching through the castles winding corridors and mazelike halls to find keys and ways to unlock her bindings, the idea would be that to unlock each binding you have to overcome a puzzle that relies on your weakness from that particular restraint (to unlock blindfold you need to navigate a maze or to unlock boots you need to outrun something just as examples)

The quest would end with the character either running out of time (should not be too big of a rush so the entire quest doesn't become suffer) and getting put into a leon/leah style slavery with your new "Husband" where escape is much harder.

Alternatively you find a way out of all the bindings and you unlock the way out, escaping the bad end but possibly setting yourself up for even more fun quests in the future.

2nd, Insane Asylum

"Have you heard about this strange woman running amok in Skyrim? she claims to be Dragonborn, Tiber Septim reborn, obviously she's not right in the head, she needs to be taken in and cared for for her own good."

The basis here is fairly simply, someone in power believes your claims to be the "Dragonborn" is a bit insane, or maybe he/she's gotten tricked by a Dragonborn impersonator who wants you out of the way.
This person convinces or forces the character somehow to be put into a insane asylum where your "delusions" will be resolved, and it just so happens that the headmistress of this insane asylum believes strongly in sexual control and stimulation as part of the treatment.

The quest here takes place in a much smaller fascility compared to the above suggestions, so that slowdown debuffs won't impede gameplay too much (It's not very fun when the gameplay consists of pointing the character in a direction, pressing autowalk and then spending the next 15 minutes looking at reddit on your phone), probably not much much gampeplay area than a small cell, a indoors excerciseyard and a dining hall.

The main devices here would be the Straitjacket (With an upgrade to the legbinder version if the patient is being problematic), plugged chastity belt and gag, where the inmate is only allowed out of her belt for "Sexual therapy". The gag will on the other hand probably be omissible if the patient progressing in her treatment.

The actual quest consists of the character going through a daily routine of treatments and events during different stages of the treatment while she tries to find a way out of there.

I imagine there be 3 endings:

the Escape ending, which will leave you in the devices you were locked into untill you unlock them.

The Trick ending, where the character manages to go along with the treatment without breaking and get released once you've convinced the caretaker you're "Cured"

and the bad ending, where you might pull a plottwist that the insane asylum was actually a front for creating submissive sex slaves for auction, another alternative I orifinaly considered would be to remove your shout powers after supressing your "Dragonborn fantasies" but that would definitely break many quests.

If you read through all of this I thank you for your patience and hope to hear your opinion on them.

5 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

2nd, Insane Asylum

"Have you heard about this strange woman running amok in Skyrim? she claims to be Dragonborn, Tiber Septim reborn, obviously she's not right in the head, she needs to be taken in and cared for for her own good."

The basis here is fairly simply, someone in power believes your claims to be the "Dragonborn" is a bit insane, or maybe he/she's gotten tricked by a Dragonborn impersonator who wants you out of the way.
This person convinces or forces the character somehow to be put into a insane asylum where your "delusions" will be resolved, and it just so happens that the headmistress of this insane asylum believes strongly in sexual control and stimulation as part of the treatment.

The quest here takes place in a much smaller fascility compared to the above suggestions, so that slowdown debuffs won't impede gameplay too much (It's not very fun when the gameplay consists of pointing the character in a direction, pressing autowalk and then spending the next 15 minutes looking at reddit on your phone), probably not much much gampeplay area than a small cell, a indoors excerciseyard and a dining hall.

The main devices here would be the Straitjacket (With an upgrade to the legbinder version if the patient is being problematic), plugged chastity belt and gag, where the inmate is only allowed out of her belt for "Sexual therapy". The gag will on the other hand probably be omissible if the patient progressing in her treatment.

The actual quest consists of the character going through a daily routine of treatments and events during different stages of the treatment while she tries to find a way out of there.

I imagine there be 3 endings:

the Escape ending, which will leave you in the devices you were locked into untill you unlock them.

The Trick ending, where the character manages to go along with the treatment without breaking and get released once you've convinced the caretaker you're "Cured"

and the bad ending, where you might pull a plottwist that the insane asylum was actually a front for creating submissive sex slaves for auction, another alternative I orifinaly considered would be to remove your shout powers after supressing your "Dragonborn fantasies" but that would definitely break many quests.

If you read through all of this I thank you for your patience and hope to hear your opinion on them.

It's not exactly lore friendly, but if you're going to have an asylum, it almost demands a full-on, no-holds barred, massive expansion approach, with lots of NPCs, sub-quests, complicated back-story to excuse the asylum existing at all - probably run by Vigilants of Stendarr, because they're all nuts to start with, and there's already dialogue that insinuates the kidnap women under the disguise of false accusations of consorting with daedra, and then use them for kinky purposes.

This is an idea I like. How can this vital niche not be filled in skyrim mods?

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with 'damsel in distress'. My PC was wearing armbinders when she was sold into the Simple Slavery auction. Some bored bastard bought her and the 'damsel in distress' quest fired. 

Woke up in the cage, wiggled out of ropes, armbinder, and every device that was not described as 'high security'. Now I am stuck. When I try to open the cage, I get the message "There is no way you can open the door with your hands sealed inside the armbinder". But the hands are free.  

Edit: The armbinder had been left on after a soliciting scene - the 'customer' placed it on the pc among other devices. At the end she agreed to take them off again; the other devices vanished, but the armbinder stayed. 

15 hours ago, jaberwocky said:

As to ideas (some I've mentioned earlier)....

• A chance to get tied when you leave a dungeon.
  • Having to strip-dance in bars to remove the strip color.
  • If you drink an alcoholic beverage, there is a small change you drink multiple beverages. The end result will be waking up on a random farm (in the same hold) and a quest-marker pointing towards all the taverns in the same hold, as the innkeeper of one of them is likely to have all your items/clothes (yup, you wake-up naked).
  • Arm and leg cuffs that forces the dragonborn to crawl instead of being able to walk. This can occur in cities and only when the dragonborn is not locked in a yoke or armbinder.

And perhaps an alternative for the crime system, but I guess that would fit better in a separate mod.

Anyway, still like how this mod is still getting developed further. It is one of the best (devious) mod I know.

These are all great ideas that I would love to see. +1