So. First off, I love this mod, and I'm already in love what I've seen of it in game so far, since I installed it right out of the gate once I escaped Helgen Keep. Unfortunately, I've also run into a bit of an issue right out of the gate. I ended up triggering the 'Damsel in Distress' quest before I even got through Riverwood. I escaped the cage, woke up in an inn after having a, um. Issue with some bandits. And now, while I've twice now gotten NPCs to agree to undo my restraints and the armbinder has been taken off in two different saves- the quest is stuck at 'free your arms.' Is it supposed to stay stuck there? Can I just blow through it, looking for keys, and wait for it to catch up?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I've realized that getting out of the cage with the armbinder was still on shouldn't have happened in the first place. I'll reload and see if I have more luck doing it the right way.

I tried to marry Sasha, using Marriage Mod that allows multiple spouses, but once I do - I no longer have the Sasha... Dialogue Tree, which means I can't add/remove her restraints, get her dance for me, have fun, or change her outfits. Mod conflict or were you never supposed to be able to marry her in the 1st place?

On 2/13/2018 at 3:31 AM, valcon767 said:

roflmao

nuff said

Javascript yada whatever leaves me at the door begging to get in ("But I AM 18! Dont'cha trust my gray hair?")

Page 506 or so of this thread lists some location for the bound-queen keys quest, and I'm grateful, even though it's wrong.

My question is, how in Talos's name do any of you all play this quest more than once?

OK I'm doing it the first time, and it's almost immersive, ignoring all the cute flaws (draugurs banging against metal)

(Julius's tiny thing) and I'm on the way to high-hrothgar county to find a tomb with a view, which unfortunately Google has no idea about.

Suggestion (gawd, yes) Open the chastity-belt slightly.

A girl has to poo, and those padded closed ones get messy.

Every few months I install this quest, and every few months (plus a day or two) I uninstall it, and drown my guilt using other mods.

Edit, because I felt like it: There's this new pink rubber suit I like a lot, sex-partners ignore the lack of openings, as does player, and it has a very nice feature that makes the wearer tons more attractive.

Plus the workers in the shop are hot, especially one.

They break for lunch (or something) and one of them keeps repeating "You need to leave."

Fine, uncaring people, I'll wait on the cold hard porch with the snow as thick as mushroom soup, where the slave follows and wants sex.

WTF was wrong with the nice warm fireplace? Do you have a thing for coldness?

The outfits made Peaches-player jealous, but she wasn't going to get roped into any labyrinthine quest (not willingly).

I'll play the bound queen quest, but after this I'll never touch the things again.

TLDR Great mod, keep up the good work, except Julius who cannot be killed (modav-healthed, turned into a chicken, or pickpocketed)

14 minutes ago, Ildon said:

Anyone at all able to offer some advice for the problem I described in https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v63-2018-01-19/?do=findComment&comment=2147230 ? I've been poking and prodding at various options since posting but I can't figure out any way at all to get it working, which is strange since I never had problems with it at all until updating to a more recent version.

Try turning on papyrus error logging in MCM for DCUR. Then in game make note of the time this happens. Then look at your error logs at that time frame. Copy what was going on in papyrus in that time frame, post here, and we can take a look at what it is saying. Something like this should be leaving an error trail.

3 hours ago, Ildon said:

Anyone at all able to offer some advice for the problem I described in https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v63-2018-01-19/?do=findComment&comment=2147230 ? I've been poking and prodding at various options since posting but I can't figure out any way at all to get it working, which is strange since I never had problems with it at all until updating to a more recent version.

I don't know but I hate helplessness, and so I thought maybe....

If the requested sexlab-animations (toggles) are off, and Zaz animation isn't registered, a mod might be looking for a particular animation, not see it, and crap out.

(why, just the other day, a mod put a big error-window in my face telling me that it did not know how to have sex with my character)

I dunno, maybe it's looking for a "bound" animation, or maybe the rapists are the wrong sex (just thinking out loud)

1 hour ago, 2dk2c said:

I dunno, maybe it's looking for a "bound" animation, or maybe the rapists are the wrong sex (just thinking out loud)

Unfortunately it is all guesswork without papyrus logs.  Sexlab is really good about giving lots of details in papyrus as to what is happening to what character, and if animations fail for some reason it usually describes that too.

10 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

My question is, how in Talos's name do any of you all play this quest more than once?

Why would you ever play it more than once? I played it as a succubus and just about starved to death. It was pretty tense towards the end, finally retrieving the key.

Spoiler

Also, the "clue" items have quest markers, assuming Julius tells you where they are, so they're sort of easy to find. It was getting the pieces of the note that nearly did for me, but that was back when you needed ten, and after my whining, Kimy reduced it to five (though it may still say ten, but I guess that will be fixed eventually).

4 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

I don't know but I hate helplessness, and so I thought maybe....

If the requested sexlab-animations (toggles) are off, and Zaz animation isn't registered, a mod might be looking for a particular animation, not see it, and crap out.

(why, just the other day, a mod put a big error-window in my face telling me that it did not know how to have sex with my character)

If you have the filters on, and you're bound, it can only pick from a very narrow set of animations, all the stuff you might have installed through SLAL is pretty much useless at that point.

Try turning both filters off (SL and Zap). If it's still broken after that, it's not the filter.

Clearly, there are options to re-register and rebuild the animation info for both sexlab and zap (and SLAL). Obviously, you tried all those. When you click count animations in SLAL, does it come back with a plausible number?

On 2/5/2018 at 7:08 AM, OtYra said:

Hello there, I have some trouble with new latex dresses (for example UUNP SpikeBall Suit) I can build it in bodyslide, but I cant find it in the game and of course I searched for this in console :<

Hey, I have the same problem, can someone help me with that?

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you have the filters on, and you're bound, it can only pick from a very narrow set of animations, all the stuff you might have installed through SLAL is pretty much useless at that point.

Try turning both filters off (SL and Zap). If it's still broken after that, it's not the filter.

Clearly, there are options to re-register and rebuild the animation info for both sexlab and zap (and SLAL). Obviously, you tried all those. When you click count animations in SLAL, does it come back with a plausible number?

The problem is Cursed Loot filters animations it wants to start by itself (or so it seems), so it doesn't make use of any packs I have through SLAL at all unless you're completely free of any devious stuff. Which was why I had to disable Cursed Loot rape completely and use something else for this purpose. Not sure why Kimy made it this way.

But yeah, sounds like the animations Cursed Loot wants to use just aren't enabled in SexLab at all for 2dk2c, let alone zaz and DD filters...

1 hour ago, Lowezar said:

Not sure why Kimy made it this way.

I believe she explained this one time in the forum. Good luck finding it though. She had issues with the filter, but also had issues with playing completely inappropriate animations, so it got even more hard-coded than in the filter.

Why your animations are missing or disabled... Sounds like a sexlab vs zap initialisation issue. That's something that's really fragile when you make a new game, and I have a ritual for doing it that seems to work ok. You might try coc to qasmoke, cleansave sexlab and zap, check they're master order sorted, restore them, and re-initialise methodically when you put them back in.

DCL has master order issues with respect to the default sort on SL/Zap/Aroused, so if you didn't attend to that, you probably should. Seems like the DD people, Kimy included, can't agree on the master order for their CKs, and it generally doesn't match what LOOT thinks the LO should be.

5 hours ago, Lowezar said:

The problem is Cursed Loot filters animations it wants to start by itself (or so it seems), so it doesn't make use of any packs I have through SLAL at all unless you're completely free of any devious stuff. Which was why I had to disable Cursed Loot rape completely and use something else for this purpose. Not sure why Kimy made it this way.

Bound animations (ONLY THESE!) are triggered through DDI from it's own repository, because bound animations should never be registered in SexLab. Except you want to see them being picked randomly by every mod able to trigger sex animations, and even in situations when nobody is bound. Yoke animations look fairly silly if the character isn't wearing a yoke...

Non-bound animations are picked through SexLab, and from the full registry, including everything you added via SLAL.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

DCL has master order issues with respect to the default sort on SL/Zap/Aroused, so if you didn't attend to that, you probably should. Seems like the DD people, Kimy included, can't agree on the master order for their CKs, and it generally doesn't match what LOOT thinks the LO should be.

I am using a separate Skyrim installation for developing that has only the absolutely needed mods installed, not the ones I usually play with. I don't use a mod manager for that.

I still don't see what the problem could be, as DCL should sort below its dependencies when using LOOT, no?

i was falling over a small problem as i was removing devices from different npc´s that have aggread to get the items removed, i cant get the plugs out of them because they wear a chastity belt even if they have nothing besides of the plugs.

has anyone othe rnoticed this problem or is it on my side?

31 minutes ago, xarvenius said:

i was falling over a small problem as i was removing devices from different npc´s that have aggread to get the items removed, i cant get the plugs out of them because they wear a chastity belt even if they have nothing besides of the plugs.

has anyone othe rnoticed this problem or is it on my side?

It's a known issue in DD with plugs on npcs, either remove the anal-plug while they are wearing an open-backed belt. Or install this un-official fix

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?page=63&tab=comments#comment-2127765

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

Bound animations (ONLY THESE!) are triggered through DDI from it's own repository, because bound animations should never be registered in SexLab. Except you want to see them being picked randomly by every mod able to trigger sex animations, and even in situations when nobody is bound. Yoke animations look fairly silly if the character isn't wearing a yoke...

Non-bound animations are picked through SexLab, and from the full registry, including everything you added via SLAL.

Oh. That makes sense. And yeah, it fits my observation.

...The only problem I have with it is that I can't install third party bound animations this way. Personally I would stomach some immersion-breaking things for more variety, but I'm probably not in the majority. :smile:

It was my impression though, that DDI can filter any triggered animation and change it to bound/chastity/etc when applicable. If that is so, it could also filter bound-tagged animations out when character isn't bound. But I may be wrong about it.

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It says there are 116 human animations and 141 creature animations, with 0 needing to be added. Is that the information you were looking for?

On 2/14/2018 at 8:06 PM, Corsayr said:

Try turning on papyrus error logging in MCM for DCUR. Then in game make note of the time this happens. Then look at your error logs at that time frame. Copy what was going on in papyrus in that time frame, post here, and we can take a look at what it is saying. Something like this should be leaving an error trail.

I loaded a game, stripped, and stood around in an inn until a rape event was triggered. Looking at the log afterward, it does appear that there was an error although I am kind of drp when it comes to this stuff and have no idea how to make sense of it. I've snipped out what I believe to be the relevant section:

[02/15/2018 - 09:48:52PM] [DCUR] Periodical update starts
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:53PM] [DCUR] Sex attacks are out of cooldown. Checking conditions!
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:53PM] [DCUR] Rape scene triggered. Checking for detection!
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] Found some mobs! Trying to initialize rape scene.
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [Helpless]: Suspending scenes, called from: [dcur_library <dcur_mainlib (2C024495)>], ()
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - List has: 4 actors
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Trying to select: 1 actors for rape scene.
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Found: Ranmir
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Processing: Ranmir. Is NPC.
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Added: Ranmir
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Found: Dagur
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Found: Nelacar
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Found: Nelacar
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:55PM] [DCUR] - Rape event triggered.
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:56PM] [DCUR] - Pacified: Ranmir
[02/15/2018 - 09:48:56PM] [DCUR] - Rape scene started.
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:07PM]   SexLife: OnUpdate start work function
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:07PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Ranmir) -- TRUE -- HIT
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:07PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Alisa) -- TRUE -- HIT
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:08PM]   SexLife: A1: Ranmir A2: Alisa
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:08PM]   SexLife: Actor1 arousal below threshold
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:08PM] Refreshing Helmets [_mz_HT_ActorScript <Active effect 1 on  (00000014)>]
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:08PM] Refreshing  on Actor Alisa
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:10PM] ERROR: Method SelectValidDDAnimations not found on zadlibs. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [dcur_mainlib (2C024495)].dcur_library.SexWithPlayer() - "dcur_library.psc" Line 4930
    [dcur_mainlib (2C024495)].dcur_library.rapeher() - "dcur_library.psc" Line 5099
    [dcur_mainlib (2C024495)].dcur_library.Gangbang() - "dcur_library.psc" Line 5995
    [dcur_clocktick (2C04F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.FireSexAttack() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 599
    [dcur_clocktick (2C04F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.SexAttacks() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 475
    [dcur_clocktick (2C04F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.clocktickshort() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 1346
    [dcur_clocktick (2C04F16F)].dcur_clocktickscript.OnUpdate() - "dcur_clocktickScript.psc" Line 1370
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:10PM] [DCUR] Rape event aborted: No fitting animations found.
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:11PM] [DCUR] - Enraged: Ranmir
[02/15/2018 - 09:49:11PM] [Helpless]: Resuming scenes, called from: [dcur_library <dcur_mainlib (2C024495)>], ()

I presume that bit about no fitting animations is the culprit but I am not sure what it means. As reported in another reply, SLAL says that there are 116 human animations and 141 creature animations ready, with 0 needing to be added. I haven't changed anything since all of this worked before, other than updating this mod and the prerequisites. Did one of the required mods change something which rendered my previous settings incompatible?

15 hours ago, Kimy said:

because bound animations should never be registered in SexLab

That makes sense, as SexLab has a particular set of animations that are supposed to be used a certain way, but...

SLAL has bound animations in it, and there is a keyword for them, more than one probably, I think there are specific keywords for yoke and armbinder, in some packs at least. My memory is hazy on the matter.

I have ten times more animations in SLAL than I have in SexLab... So really, animation by keyword from SLAL is a valid way to get a variety of bound animations, isn't it?

Otherwise, really, what is the point of installing 200 new animations, or 5000 new FNIS behaviors into SLAL?

5 hours ago, Ildon said:

I presume that bit about no fitting animations is the culprit but I am not sure what it means. As reported in another reply, SLAL says that there are 116 human animations and 141 creature animations ready, with 0 needing to be added. I haven't changed anything since all of this worked before, other than updating this mod and the prerequisites. Did one of the required mods change something which rendered my previous settings incompatible?

Did you try re-registering everything to Zap?

Here's what I do...

• Disable XP32 style cloak.
  • Enable additional Sexlab Animation Pack animations (this has bound animations for sexlab in it) and is a small pack to itself.
  • Scroll in and out of first/third person a few times.
  • Save game.
  • Reload the save.
  • Wait for everything to settle.
  • Enable Sexlab.
  • Let SL startup complete properly.
  • Go in SL and enable creatures.
  • Let SL churn through its setup again.
  • Wait some more.
  • Enable all animations in SLAL.
  • Register all animations in SLAL.
  • In Zap, register SL animations with Zap.
  • Disable Zap animation filter if enabled.
  • Disable DD animation filter, but leave the other two boxes as is.
  • Run apropos animation tag fix-up.
  • Save game.
  • Reload game again.

Now maybe I have the wrong order, but this works for me. It does result in some wrong animations playing, but at least I get some variation. If I leave the DD filter on, I see a very limited range of animations, and SL still seems to play bound animations when it shouldn't, and yokes are pretty much never respected in sex scenes, even with the filters on - so if they don't filter successfully, there's no point letting them hide all your animations as well. As for the zap filter, nobody seems to think it works right, and the DD version is claimed to be better, so I haven't even tried it by itself. I'm pretty sure it would fail yokes though ...

16 hours ago, Kimy said:

I am using a separate Skyrim installation for developing that has only the absolutely needed mods installed, not the ones I usually play with. I don't use a mod manager for that.

I still don't see what the problem could be, as DCL should sort below its dependencies when using LOOT, no?

(I say this merely as preface for the uninitiated).

Master ordering and LOOT ordering are not the same thing. They are related, but LOOT can produce many variations in ordering that respect the master dependencies... But, as I'm sure you're aware, each mod has an expected master ordering baked into it, and LOOT does not look at that at all. LOOT simply sorts the mods based on dependency data. As long as every mod is loaded after its dependencies LOOT won't re-sort it.

But that doesn't mean its dependencies are in the same order they were when the mod was created and tested.

LOOT sorts your mods minimally, so you don't violate a hard master dependency, but it doesn't say anything about the order of the masters beyond that.

If DCL depends on Sexlab, Zap, Arousal, DDi, DDx, and DDassets, LOOT will make sure that DCL is after all of those mods, but it won't ensure that Zap and Arousal have any particular order (with respect only to each other), because - in theory - it doesn't matter - each one is respecting its hard master dependencies, so all is well?

BUT... every mod, including DCL, has an exact order of those dependencies baked in, and that means that if there are any funny little conflicts between the masters, it was built with a particular resolution of those conflicts. A resolution that works, and was tested, and is the expected one.

AND... A particular load order might not have that exact ordering, even if it respects gross master dependency ordering correctly. 

In practice, you tend to find that because different mods were made with different orderings of mods that *could* be re-ordered, they have conflicting baked-in master orders that can never agree with each other unless you re-sort the masters on them with TES5Edit.

So, you open TES5Edit and sort the masters on the mods ONE by ONE, if you care, and fix the problem. (Do not sort multiple mods at once).

But in the CK, the load order is by date, so you have to go through and date every mod to match your LO, or you will load them into the CK in the wrong order... Something a certain mod author whose name *does not* begin with a K has never understood, and keeps wondering why he can't fix his mod.

Now, I believe Kimy knows about master ordering, and the CK, but is saying:

"the ordering makes no meaningful difference in this case, if the LO is correct, then the SL, Aroused, Zap, DDxia, DCL stack is fine".

Basically, if there are no conflicts between the mods (that can vary order) in the stack, it doesn't matter.

Hmm, maybe, maybe... But as Skyrim is so damn fragile, it just makes sense to get this stuff exact from the start.

Even if the base stack lacks conflicts, what about when people inject half a dozen mods in between them, that are sticking their fingers into aroused and Zap, and adding DD items?

The player can add mods that introduce subtle conflicts between mods the mod author has no way to know about in advance, and that LOOT doesn't care about.

I'm guessing that LOOT's ordering of mods is based on gross-master dependencies, and record by record analysis, with occasional user feedback. But if the author of LOOT isn't using those mods himself, chances are that a subtle problem that doesn't show up in basic conflict record-analysis (as you can do with TES5Edit yourself) won't be identified or fixed.

...this includes problems resulting from soft-deps, or that are dynamic, and hidden in script code.

So, master order sorting it not as redundant as it first seems.

It still makes sense to:

• Make sure that your plugin file dates exactly agree with your plugin load order (from LOOT), so the CK will load the same order Skyrim loads.
  • Make sure your MO overwrites aren't wrecking that (if you use MO).
  • Check the master-order on your mods from time to time to make sure it's still in agreement across all your mods, especially ones of your own that you are saving out of the CK. (Reinstalling a mod, cleaning it, or sorting its masters, change its date, breaking your CK load order).
  • If you save a mod for distribution, check the result and make sure the master order is pristine.

Running Wrye Smash is the quickest way to check and compare master order, though TES5Edit will also do it, Wrye shows you the whole load order at once, and is explicit in showing you what is not ordered the same as the baked-in master order.

Shipping a mod with a master-order that matches the rest of the stack it relies on shows the player you care enough not to make them re-sort your mod every single time they reinstall it.

The genuinely hard-core player will hand-merge all his conflicts and make his own merge patch, but I don't think even that can trivially resolve issues with soft-deps or conflicting modifications that occur in script rather than static data. But if the player has the exact order you had, there's more chance their mods will behave exactly as yours did and they won't have bugs that you don't.

Bashed patches are another matter, but in practice, they only impact on the DLC files, inventories, and levelled lists, so don't do as much as some people credit them with - but there really isn't an easier way to get combined levelled lists that include all mods, rather than just one.

I'm personally rather dubious that the DLC was designed to require a bashed patch, and just as you shouldn't clean it, you probably shouldn't bash patch it either, but the USLEEP people are probably the ones to bring the truth about that, and the consensus seems to be you should clean them if you intend to mod. I certainly found loading the DCL sources in the CK to be very touchy about the state of the DLC files.

@Kimy

That effing parasite's squelching will ring in my ears for days..... :confounded:   It's taken days to get rid of it, with my PC on her back for almost a quarter of the time at the latter stages ...

:classic_angel:

More to the point though, does the beast (back borne face hugger thingie worn as a harness, I think) originate from within DCL or is it 'imported' from SD+?  Reason for asking is that, if it's in DCL, do you think it's maybe possible that the recipes for The Disgusting Salve and its Noxious Components, which seems to be almost as bad as the need for it, are maybe a bit too complex? 

Some of the rarer components, eg Glowing Mushrooms, are almost impossible to buy, and worse, they don't seem to respawn either, so even if you fight your way back to where they were last seen, you can't 'pick them' if you took them all first time through eg those in Bleak Falls Barrow :classic_rolleyes:.   

I don't think that its just me who's hugging myself in rapturous frustration, as I've seen similar mentions in comments up thread too. 

Obviously, if the wretched thing is from SD+, I shall visit the Deep Blue Frog's pond to respawn these thoughts there  ;)

10 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

More to the point though, does the beast (back borne face hugger thingie worn as a harness, I think) originate from within DCL or is it 'imported' from SD+?  Reason for asking is that, if it's in DCL, do you think it's maybe possible that the recipes for The Disgusting Salve and its Noxious Components, which seems to be almost as bad as the need for it, are maybe a bit too complex? 

The tentacle parasite is a DCL item - it even has it's own chance slider I believe.  

Personally I don't find the parasite that bad, because after the first time you already know the recipe and can prepare for a second encounter.  I just planted a while crop of purple mountain flowers.  You could try some of the more dangerous areas for Glowing Mushroom, such as Tolvald's Cave.  I *think* you may be able to plant glowing mushrooms as well.  Gotta make use of the Hearthfires expansion somewhere!

(Also if someone really can't be bothered to deal with it, the Smelly Salve is basically just a key and can be consoled in to insta-release)