Don't pay the fine or do the time,.. but make it more devious

I don't like that paying the bounty will make all the crimes disappear. And just sitting in jail feels a bit lame. In a sense, Prison Overhaul is nice, but after two times it gets a long boring show for me.

What I suggest is that you can do small tasks or retributions to pay for your bounty. Each time, a certain amount of bounty will be considered being paid. The tasks/punishments can be:

• Crawl around town naked, starting from the jarls place.
  • Get a spanking or whipping on the towns square.
  • Have sex with a few guards.

If possible, the player can adjust which punishments are available and how much bounty it will remove.

A second part of this mod might be one or two debuffs, if you are in a hold where you have a bounty. This might be a nice incentive to visit the guards and ask for your punishment(s). And with a limit to some punishments, it might be a few days before you've finally been punished enough for killing that chicken.

if someone actually starts making this a mod worth mentioning is - Devious Devices More Devious Quests 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1576-abandoned-devious-device-more-devious-quest/

it is abandoned, but works still, i last tried it out with the new DDA/DDi/DDx development builds (shortly before they became DDi 4.0 and DDx 4.0)

he has left permission for someone to continue the mod, split the ideas into their own mod, re-use the ideas etc.

the part that could be useful is the "devious quests" part - you can do jobs for merchants when deviced and earn some (temporary) money for

buying stuff from the merchant you did the jobs for.

i do like the idea though.

15 hours ago, valcon767 said:

if someone actually starts making this a mod worth mentioning is - Devious Devices More Devious Quests 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1576-abandoned-devious-device-more-devious-quest/

I remember the "more devious quests" mod. The quests in that mod indeed come close to some of the quests in this mod.

Mostly the incentive would be different. Instead of doing devious tasks to earn money, you do them to remove your bounty. And as there are some mods that can give the player a bounty (probably in a bit unfair way), this could be a nice addition. Add an annoying debuff as side affect for having a bounty, and you'll end up getting inline to get that bounty removed.

Btw, I love the two images in your signature!

6 hours ago, jaberwocky said:

Btw, I love the two images in your signature!

the funny part about those pics is i was looking for information about something else and didn't fully clear the search bar, so i wound up with a mishmash

of stuff relating to Skyrim and what i was actually looking for at the time, but when i saw those pics i just thought "those are too good to not share".

and for using the re-using the quests they could work for a lot of different mods with some small alterations i thought, and the author has very kindly

already gave permission (for the most part).

7 hours ago, jaberwocky said:

Mostly the incentive would be different. Instead of doing devious tasks to earn money, you do them to remove your bounty. And as there are some mods that can give the player a bounty (probably in a bit unfair way), this could be a nice addition. Add an annoying debuff as side affect for having a bounty, and you'll end up getting inline to get that bounty removed.

I'd agree the crime/bounty system could use some lighter adult related ways of paying up, and DD More Devious Quest was a great mod back when I used it.  I could see some of the ideas/comments/mini quests it had working well as bounty tasks.

I use SexlabSexBounty because it is a very simple and effective mod that just adds the option of prostituting yourself to the guard you talk to in exchange for clearing your bounty, and the sex acts your character offers get more extreme the more serious the crime (and the guard has a chance to deny the offer based on arousal).

Most mods like Prison Overhaul are simply too heavy for me to ever want to run them more than once.... plus I refuse to get stack dumps in my save game and the #1 way to trigger them for me is to have a full inventory removal happen on my character without warning (vanilla prison stay or modded).

Archived