4 minutes ago, themanticore said:

This is the one from this mod.  If it is a quest, how do I start it or figure out the things I need?  Thank you for the reply.

I think talking to an innkeeper should point you in the right way... Though if I recall, you'll need to talk to a potion vendor/alchemist in order to discover the things you'll need to do.

Tested out the Keyholder quest with the Dollmaker in 6.3, except the time alloted is up and I'm not seeing any new dialogue with the Dollmaker when I come back to speak with her.
Another thing I've noted is the fact that the Dollmaker has a habit of going outside of her shop and never going back in.

Was just wondering if instead of items jumping out and attaching themselves to you an option could be set that armour in that particular slot gets transformed in the descriptor thus losing said armour and giving some other form of immersive occurrence.

9 hours ago, Drek71 said:

Was just wondering if instead of items jumping out and attaching themselves to you an option could be set that armour in that particular slot gets transformed in the descriptor thus losing said armour and giving some other form of immersive occurrence.

No...
Maybe exchanging the armor for hoble dress, nice high heels, matching gloves (those are hard to find) etc. and call it Fashion Quest. still feels like nothing there's not yet though.
A nice party quest would be cool.

17 hours ago, Drek71 said:

Try Devious Magic. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56892-devious-magic-v16b-24052016/

The Mimics are what you're looking for. Be advised, though, that the mod hasn't been updated since before DD4, so may have compatibility problems, if you've upgraded.

Curses and Mimics 

Armour now has a chance to be either cursed, a mimic or both. This is a straight forward percentage chance when an item is equipped. You can specify the percentage chance as well as what items can be cursed/mimic in the MCM.

Cursed armour will apply a random curse when equipped, while Mimics will change into a Devious Device before disintegrating.

Not all curses or mimics will show themselves straight away. Some may lie in wait for the perfect opportunity or person to come along before triggering.

Items with the MagicDisallowEnchantment keyword are exempt from being Cursed or a Mimic. This should protect unique armour from being lost to a mimic :classic_smile:

DD4 may be purely a framework, but the player experience now, and the player experience in 3 are quite different.

In DCL, armbinders used to be fine, and the struggle animation was short, and sexy.

Now, just using a key results in an animation that goes on far too long, to the point of boredom. Forget escaping without a key.

The way I see it, this is now a DCL issue, because it's up to the end-user-mod, how those items should be set up and configured.

The items DCL used to put on used to be fun, and are now ... less ... fun.

Yes, there are nice new items, and yes, there is, in theory, less chance of having SD+ strip a CD collar, or whatever...

But in practice, CD isn't on DD4 anyway, so no gain there, and SD+ really fell apart trying to put collars ON rather than it did taking them off.

I have no idea how it copes when you get enslaved while you're wearing a Bound Queen set now. I'm guessing it still makes no sense though.

CD items were always grief in 3. Always breaking for me. I'd end up in three collars, and no way to remove them, even with the console.

But that's a CD issue. For reasons like that I didn't play it much (though I'm playing it now) but these new issues are impairing DCL.

I really hope that we will see the extreme struggle times, huge retry delays, and other escape difficulty stuff restored to something like how it was before in DCL, because as Kimy says, DD is just a resource, the gameplay comes from the end-user mod, and for me, that's primarily DCL.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

DD4 may be purely a framework, but the player experience now, and the player experience in 3 are quite different.

In DCL, armbinders used to be fine, and the struggle animation was short, and sexy.

Now, just using a key results in an animation that goes on far too long, to the point of boredom. Forget escaping without a key.

The way I see it, this is now a DCL issue, because it's up to the end-user-mod, how those items should be set up and configured.

The items DCL used to put on used to be fun, and are now ... less ... fun.

Yes, there are nice new items, and yes, there is, in theory, less chance of having SD+ strip a CD collar, or whatever...

But in practice, CD isn't on DD4 anyway, so no gain there, and SD+ really fell apart trying to put collars ON rather than it did taking them off.

I have no idea how it copes when you get enslaved while you're wearing a Bound Queen set now. I'm guessing it still makes no sense though.

CD items were always grief in 3. Always breaking for me. I'd end up in three collars, and no way to remove them, even with the console.

But that's a CD issue. For reasons like that I didn't play it much (though I'm playing it now) but these new issues are impairing DCL.

I really hope that we will see the extreme struggle times, huge retry delays, and other escape difficulty stuff restored to something like how it was before in DCL, because as Kimy says, DD is just a resource, the gameplay comes from the end-user mod, and for me, that's primarily DCL.

@Kimy

I'm not getting into the CD issue, but part of what Lupine is saying runs true, especially the armbinder escape issue. 

I've now been using DCL for a long time, as an add-on to the main game, but the escape options, when you have keys, or struggle a number of times, especially the 'wait a couple of hours' parts do seriously interrupt the main gameplay continuity.  And I know you're looking at the 'Drop in the Wilderness' issue, but when you get dumped out near Windhelm, having almost completed the whole of the Nchuand-Zel complex in Markarth, it makes for more of a 'head on desk' experience - especially, if like me, you don't cheat in game, ie no fast travel, no reloads

I appreciate all the effort you and others have put into DD and DCL.  But can I make what I hope might be a couple of constructive suggestions for DCL, please?   I think these are possible, given the write up of the framework options now available, as they are written up in the DD front page etc

1 - Is it possible to add an MCM option to remove DD items straight away if you have an appropriate key etc?  That will stop the 'hide in the shadows, shove the clock forward - I will cheat that much! - until you can try taking the thing off again, sometimes to repeat ad nauseam.  Keys breaking, fine, that's worth a bit of effort and ingenuity, and it's not boring LOL.  As a selectable option, this would keep your concept intact for those who want the B&D experience for what it is, rather than as part of the base game.  That would be the best of both worlds for everyone, rather than just, as Lupine suggested - reverting to the DD3 style

2 - Is it possible for a follower to release you from at least an armbinder, yoke, or restrictive hand restraints if you have a suitable key/cutting device etc and they aren't hand tied, otherwise incapacitated or incommunicado?  Make them just like an on-hand blacksmith without the monetary reqt - other favours maybe compulsory? :tongue:   It's weird having them just stand there and seemingly be unable to do anything whatsoever to help.

Appreciate that this may not be what you want to do, or spend time doing, even if you could.  It's your gaffe, it's a great mod, and I hope this is received in the same spirit with which it left here - and that's before I've had my constitutional glasses of red, too. ;) 

Have fun....

Greetings!

First off, I would like to express my thanks to Kimy, for creating this amazing and holistic mod. Never modded Skyrim before (well, apart from the Unofficial Patches), but upon finding Cursed Loot, I got started. So yeah, thank you for your hard work :smile:

I have a bit of an odd question: Is there any way to get my hands on the 6.2 Version of Cursed Loot now? Is this on GitHub, like DDi and DDx are?

Edit: Actually, all I am looking for are the source scripts from 6.2.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards, s3ngine

Edit2: Ok, please never mind, I already found another solution for my issue.

From what I've seen, in DD4, (almost) everything is set as a property on the item.

There are hundreds of these items, and so blanket changes to them is awkward ... but not impossible, because there is also a list of "registered" items, which (and I speculate) is used for randomly selecting an item to add, if you ask DD to do that.

A script could walk over this list, inspect the keywords, and based on those, tweak properties on the inventory objects.

Such a script might live in its own little mod, offering various options in a small MCM.

I wonder if my idea is nonsense? I guess I need to experiment.

20 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

From what I've seen, in DD4, (almost) everything is set as a property on the item.

There are hundreds of these items, and so blanket changes to them is awkward ... but not impossible, because there is also a list of "registered" items, which (and I speculate) is used for randomly selecting an item to add, if you ask DD to do that.

A script could walk over this list, inspect the keywords, and based on those, tweak properties on the inventory objects.

Such a script might live in its own little mod, offering various options in a small MCM.

I wonder if my idea is nonsense? I guess I need to experiment.

From what I understand, each instance of a device has its own properties, so any such script would have to be done in xEdit and would only affect new copies of the devices.

Hi!

I finally got the chance to configure the mod "Cursed loot" since i wasnt tied when i thought of it.
I came across the feature body scaling, and oohhh boy do i like that!

The only question i got from it was, does this also work on followers? or on other npc's or is this only meant for the pc?

Greetings,

Josh

Hi,

I understand the armbinder and bound-girls topic was already mentioned multiple times recently, but I just noticed also an NPC during the Leon's guest was having the same broken armbinder animation. The NPC had a "name" so I'm certain it wasn't a "bound-girl". Also this was in 6.3 and NOT a pink armbinder"

Also I have my "slotted npc" setting is set to the max in the DD menu.

Didn't want to beat a dead horse, but just thought to share if it could help.

Cheers,

I've run into a problem during the Bound Queen quest.  After I got five, the diary fragments stopped dropping.  I've cleared three draugr infested locations to no avail. I even bumped drop rate to 100%.  I've tried just adding them via console but they aren't recognized by the quest.  Is there a quest variable I can set to let me continue?

Edit: I just noticed that it says I should go back to Julius, though the previous step lists 5/10 fragments collected. I did remember something in the change notes about reducing the number of fragments needed, but the whole 5/10 part lead me on, apparently.

1 hour ago, joshsecret said:

Hi!

I finally got the chance to configure the mod "Cursed loot" since i wasnt tied when i thought of it.
I came across the feature body scaling, and oohhh boy do i like that!

The only question i got from it was, does this also work on followers? or on other npc's or is this only meant for the pc?

Greetings,

Josh

Not sure, but you can use the 'Fill Her Up' mod from LL to do that

I run that, with DCL's body scaling disabled, and it works fine on for both PC and Follower and other NPCs too.  Has some other functionality as well that adds quite a bit to the available options

19 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

I run that, with DCL's body scaling disabled, and it works fine on for both PC and Follower and other NPCs too.  Has some other functionality as well that adds quite a bit to the available options

Thanks for the feedback! i'll check it out straight away!

43 minutes ago, joshsecret said:

Thanks for the feedback! i'll check it out straight away!

I'd second Fill Her UP (altho there is a newer version - Fill Her up 2 that I would recommend over the original - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2381-fill-her-up-netimmerse-override-compatibility-patch/).  FHU does only do cum inflation of the belly, so you can probably still use the arousal-based boob/butt growth option in Cursed Loot if you like that.

54 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

I'd second Fill Her UP (altho there is a newer version - Fill Her up 2 that I would recommend over the original - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2381-fill-her-up-netimmerse-override-compatibility-patch/).  FHU does only do cum inflation of the belly, so you can probably still use the arousal-based boob/butt growth option in Cursed Loot if you like that.

Wow! Reese is absolutely right. 

My bad.  I'd forgotten about the earlier version.  I'm using the one he linked to.

:classic_angel:

3 hours ago, donkeywho said:

PSQ also does body scaling.

@donkeywho @Lupine00

You're probably aware that there is a Difficulty Modifier setting in the DD4 MCM menu, which scales all of the weights of the various properties set for each device. However, it's just a drop-down list that vaguely describes how the difficulty settings are scaled. Furthermore, the individual settings for the additional effects (like key break and lock jam), which used to be present in DD3, are no longer available. By the way, it is, in fact, DD4 that controls these features while mods like DCL just specify the numerical strength of each device in each category.

This lack of fine control disappointed me when I first saw it, since while I do like a good struggle sometimes, I wasn't fond of some of the other things like the cooldown periods. I thought that having a Custom Difficulty option which allowed control over all of these additional effects should have been included. Given that it wasn't, I decided to create my own.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, this Custom Difficulty system disables the base difficulty setting and allows you to set a specific numeric multiplier (from 0.0 to 2.0), which allows anything from instant release with the correct key, to really, extremely hard. Also included are toggles to disable any of the add-on effects individually.

It doesn't really do anything about the struggle animation duration, but I think it does address some of your other complaints.

5a75554856b5c_ScreenShot2018-02-02at8_11_23PM.thumb.png.4a239e3f5dd6f4d768b1f8cff8a5d56b.png

3 hours ago, Slagblah said:

This lack of fine control disappointed me when I first saw it, since while I do like a good struggle sometimes, I wasn't fond of some of the other things like the cooldown periods. I thought that having a Custom Difficulty option which allowed control over all of these additional effects should have been included. Given that it wasn't, I decided to create my own.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, this Custom Difficulty system disables the base difficulty setting and allows you to set a specific numeric multiplier (from 0.0 to 2.0), which allows anything from instant release with the correct key, to really, extremely hard. Also included are toggles to disable any of the add-on effects individually.

It doesn't really do anything about the struggle animation duration, but I think it does address some of your other complaints. If you (or anyone else) would like to try it, I can post and/or send you the affected files.

can i have a copy to try please?? whether thru pm or post i do not care.