15 hours ago, donkeywho said:

I remembered this advice was provided a while ago.  Took 30 secs to find.  Might be worthwhile learning how to use the search facility?

Thanks for the help.  Though this doesn't mention the bondage furniture like the whipping post it seems to indicate the debug feature is much slower than previous.  Next time it happens I will see if it works or not.

And I agree that the search function is worthwhile and I use it frequently, I simply couldn't find a succinct way to search for my issue.  Again, appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, whimcott said:

nope, as long as i speek to her ,the options in the screenshot is shown.

Possible problems:

1) Some mods override a dialogue for her. or try list down while see original DCL dialogue.

2) Script lag because you have many mods. You need wait longer into dialogue while DCL dialogues is loaded in. As example Solicitation dialogue in menu [Sex for keys] loaded after 30 sec almost got dialogue timeout.

3) I play on SE version and for dialogues to show, need install papyrus util. Maybe for LE version need the same util?

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

That is not a DD but armor/clothing, it doesn't lock on when you equip. She should have conversation option to give you a real rubber suit if you don't have one.

If this armor is from DCL (and as i see it is), then you can enter into Inn without problem. I always enter in costumes from Dollmaker shop. Those armors have DCL keyword, what marks armor as rubber. When you wear a whore collar, you can walk into this armor too because in collar description is write: naked or in rubber.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, Elsidia said:

Don't play with options if you don't know how it can ends. I just test it because i love this option too. And after set this option Whip inn can't be accessed. God know how many other things can break by editing configuration files manually.

Just saw your response. I have "Bondage Lover" turned on through my posted method, and can access all of Whip and Chain Inn. No offense, but the screenshots you posted later indicate you have a lot of things going on that shouldn't be happening. If there is an issue, it is with another mod or setting you are using (or possible SE, as I'm using LE). But you can turn on Bondage Lover and have complete access to all functions of the Inn. You may just have to find out which mod is messing everything else up and disable that one.

Following up on whether Devious Carriages breaks carriage mechanics for DCL's Courier in Chains quest (immediately after Chloe quest)...

I don't think it does.

I can't find any carriage dialogs in DCL other than the Dawnstar ones.

DCL doesn't appear to tinker with vanilla carriages other than the Chloe quest alteration.

Nor do any of CIC's aliases add any factions to carriage drivers (or include carriage drivers at all).

There isn't any special carriage handling that I could find by inspecting the dialogs in the CIC quest, the quest scripts, the quest aliases, or the dialogs in any other DCL quest.

Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I'm stumped as to where they are if they do.

I can only conclude that the "(Hint use carriage) note on several of the quest objectives doesn't take account of the situation where you are in a gag that is totally dialog blocking.

Or... I'm just not being persistent enough with the dialog attempts ... though a dozen times ought to be enough ... probably.

It could be there's some mechanic I missed, that's intended to mitigate that gag so you can speak to drivers, and it's not working in my game for unique reasons.

However, in my game, the only carriage I can interact with, while gagged for that quest, is the special Dawnstar one.

I also pulled my save apart and inspected all the DCL quest states, and scripts in general. The save is extremely clean, with no detached scripts, hung threads of anything of that sort.

That means you can either cheat, or do a lot of walking. But AFAIR, this quest was originally about doing a lot of walking, so you just have to make the best of that.

Lots of time to use your imagination. ;) 

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Or... I'm just not being persistent enough with the dialog attempts ..

This is depend on randomizer. Or you have some mods what block DCL dialogue. In your mentioned quest i use all carriages. Of course if randomizer is bad for you, you can spend more as 20 attempts to speak with him. Or just at start of game decrease DD gag dialogue into DCL and increase DCL gag success in MCM DCL.

But of course i don't have devious carriages.

17 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

This is depend on randomizer.

Randomizer appeared to be working normally for a different gag.

I wondered if SLS was tampering with the gag, but I disabled all its DD "enhancements" and the gag was still completely-blocking.

That doesn't mean it's not SLS though, just means I thought of it and tried to disable it.

I see something like this:

Spoiler

DCL-cant-make-out-what-youre-saying.jpg.4939ccbb063d0959827e5e12fba94959.jpg

DCL-you-need-to-get-rid-of-your-gag-first.jpg.29eee516f27c1991d6e65864f842e835.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

That doesn't mean it's not SLS though, just means I thought of it and tried to disable it.

Use DCL MCM settings:

Consequences -> gag talk frequency -> set to 100%

Success chance set to 100%

I'm not test it but those settings completely disable DD gag talk and uses DCL gag talk and success is 100%. Try it and if it's not work then or some mods rewrite DCL gag talk or for that gag DCL ignores this setting. (Forgot put in MCM variables or specially done)

UPD: or probably if NPC is custom or rewrite for other mods rewrite this NLC, DCL can't detect detect this NPC and use standard DD gag talk. You can test it by keep in inventory paper of roll and quiver. It's allows 1 time speak with NPC (you write down your speech on paper of  roll with quiver and toss to NPC) - items are consumed.

UPD2: i open a game and fix items names for that.

UPD3: necessary items are "roll of paper" and "quill".

On a slightly related topic, I was able to finish Courier In Chains (the slow way) and the ending is super-hot!

I really like how the Dollmaker finishes dealing with you now. A real lip-biting finish.

Immediately after completing the quest, my PC was incredibly hungry/thirsty/tired/dirty, so started consuming everything in her inventory.

The result was drinking while aroused, which resulted in performing some crime while I was standing around idling in the Dollmaker's shop.

So, further progress on the quests has been deferred while I complete a walk of shame.

New shaders are so shiny. Awesome!

A static image really doesn't do it justice, but I'm too lazy to make video and find some place to upload it to:

Spoiler

DCL-shiny-outfit.thumb.jpg.0aa5e113746b8d10adbed17c24ecc5e6.jpg

Guys, I just found Chloe. Would like to know if I can ditch her after I found the key for her. Not interested in her as a follower, but don't wanna leave her to the bandits that will take over Helgen. ;) Where can I find the key? My keys don't fit and I searched the whole dungeon... Or is there anything gained from finishing her quest? I'm doing a Let's Play, so I don't want to reload willy nilly when something goes weird or wrong, need a forwarding plot.^^

1 hour ago, Tron91 said:

Think there are two variants of gags in DCL, one permits gag talk, other one simply blocks.

I'm familiar with this. My first assumption was that the fully-blocking gag was deliberate, and indeed, it probably is.

The Dawnstar driver is still conversible, even with the gag though, as he has special dialogs it seems.

For everything except carriage driver conversations, it's fine for it to block everything.

Perfect in fact.

It's fine for it to block carriage drivers too, really, just there's a hint in the quest objective that seems to suggest that shouldn't happen.

I'll look at the FormID soon and confirm it's deliberately blocking, but I think it's rather likely that it is, as the dialogs seem to suggest that.

6 minutes ago, GabrielMidnight said:

I searched the whole dungeon...

You have to backtrack a short distance after finding her. An area you may have looked at before will have altered. just a little.

I guess you just weren't observant enough that first time through :) 

2 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

You have to backtrack a short distance after finding her. An area you may have looked at before will have altered. just a little.

I guess you just weren't observant enough that first time through :) 

I found some keys in the other areas after talking to her - but they didn't work. (Helgen Key?) Will look again.

4 minutes ago, GabrielMidnight said:

I found some keys in the other areas after talking to her

It's called something nice and obvious like "Chloe's Key"; you'll definitely know when you find it.

And it isn't spawned until you trigger Chloe, so even if you looked in a place before, something might have changed.

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Following up on whether Devious Carriages breaks carriage mechanics for DCL's Courier in Chains quest (immediately after Chloe quest)...

I don't think it does.

I can't find any carriage dialogs in DCL other than the Dawnstar ones.

DCL doesn't appear to tinker with vanilla carriages other than the Chloe quest alteration.

Nor do any of CIC's aliases add any factions to carriage drivers (or include carriage drivers at all).

There isn't any special carriage handling that I could find by inspecting the dialogs in the CIC quest, the quest scripts, the quest aliases, or the dialogs in any other DCL quest.

Yeah i didn't remember how Courier in Chains works on that, there are no added dialogs on carriage drivers like for Chloe quest. Devious Carriages can definitely trigger. But as said earlier its chance can be set to 0 in MCM for the quest if wanted so i wouldn't say it's 100% incompatible.

I had a simple event happen that tried to equip arm and leg cuffs but they only went to inventory because this quest's prisoner chains were on first.

I am also seeing Chloe fading to invisibility often because of the HDT chains flapping some insane manoveurs.

Alright, found the key and took Chloe with me. Umm, question... SexLab Survival caused me to get a collar. Now Lucan refuses to trade with me because of my device. I looked around in the MCMs and couldn't find if SL Survival, Cursed Loot, SL Adventures or another mod has this feature, that merchants don't wanna trade with me. It's the first time I encountered that.

Does it come with Cursed Loot? Or does someone know which mod has it? Would like to uncheck that feature tbh. I'll have devices on me 24/7 with all them mods. xD

52 minutes ago, GabrielMidnight said:

Does it come with Cursed Loot?

In DCL while you you play quest with Chloe traps are disabled because there is little chance that this collar is from DCL traps. What is full name of collar? And id? Without name and id is hard to say what collar from what mod is it.

40 minutes ago, GabrielMidnight said:

Alright, found the key and took Chloe with me. Umm, question... SexLab Survival caused me to get a collar. Now Lucan refuses to trade with me because of my device. I looked around in the MCMs and couldn't find if SL Survival, Cursed Loot, SL Adventures or another mod has this feature, that merchants don't wanna trade with me. It's the first time I encountered that.

Does it come with Cursed Loot? Or does someone know which mod has it? Would like to uncheck that feature tbh. I'll have devices on me 24/7 with all them mods. xD

If it's the one I think that it might be, it's a right PITA  

So, FWIW, there's something in game that will equip a leather collar, an SD+ Zaz item, at the same time as other DD items, but which won't come off at all for any DD or DCL key or other device removal helper mod.

Look at your PC the console and see if the item equipped is that.  The description should clearly show it as a Sanguine's Debauchery item, and 'inv' will return it as a 'worn' item with the SD+ mod's load order num ref in the first 2 characters of the alphanumeric item ref

Just found out by accident - today actually ? - that you CAN get it removed in game.  Seems to by dialogue with city blacksmiths (and for 500 septims!)   At least the one in Riften would do it.  And it gets taken away rather than staying in your inventory

I get this very regularly and, TBH, it's a right nuisance :P

2 hours ago, GabrielMidnight said:

That is SL Survival and it's fully configurable in MCM. Firstly it makes you wear collar because you don't have a magic license. You can buy those from the quartermaster behind the inn (in Whiterun anyway, elsewhere in other cities). In MCM you can replace collar with a tattoo instead so it won't obstruct quests. You still won't be able to cast spells without that license though, or unless you disable it in MCM.

And Because you don't have weapon or armor licenses either, you carrying such things is contraband. Merchants won't break the law unless you chance that too in MCM.

Thanks for your help guys!

Yes, it's a collar from an enforcer from SL Survival after an insprection. He didn't explain why - I hope I didn't skip any intro dialogue from Survival. Maybe only the guards explain stuff, while the enforcers are just doing it. Hence the name.^^ Lucan only was like "get outta here, i don't want trouble!" but he didn't say why ...

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

That is SL Survival and it's fully configurable in MCM. Firstly it makes you wear collar because you don't have a magic license. You can buy those from the quartermaster behind the inn (in Whiterun anyway, elsewhere in other cities). In MCM you can replace collar with a tattoo instead so it won't obstruct quests. You still won't be able to cast spells without that license though, or unless you disable it in MCM.

And Because you don't have weapon or armor licenses either, you carrying such things is contraband. Merchants won't break the law unless you chance that too in MCM.

... now it makes sense, I tried to sell him that armor dress I found and the Ring of Blocking. Both forbidden, I reckon. I will change that in MCM. Merchants like Lucan and Belethor behave so greedy. xD The enforcer stole my armor and weapons - but not the cursed loot dress thingy and not my magic items. So I thought it's okay to sell.

Here's the collar I got and underneath the dress I found on a body in Helgen. Maybe the enforcer couldn't see it's armor in the first place. xD I did the TES5EditMerge SL Survival recommended, that should combine the keywords, as far as I understood.

20210419095229_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Lekefeno said:

I cant load inside the whip and chain inn. Even with the 512 textures and texture optimizer apps. My game stays on the loading screen. Any ideas why ? And how could i resolve this problem?

Don't know about that inn yet. But you can fix the infinite loading screen problem with this mod (at least I did): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465 It will CTD instead of load infinite. And I think it even fixed some loading errors, without CTDing. I had infinite loading screens when I wanted to enter inns, before I installed the mod. Running WIn10 and LE.

8 hours ago, Zaflis said:

EDIT

Assuming that that's the source, at last, I can stop it ....   But does the enforcer add just any old collar?  I always get this SD+ leather one.  And I'm not sure why the enforcer might add it, despite the PC having a magic licence in the first place  :smirk: ...  but that's maybe a discussion to be had elsewhere .... ?