Ok after multiple attempts i got all DDs installed and animations working without ctds although the devices are clipping thats minor inconveniences, my biggest problem is when i walk into the whip and chain inn in riverwood i get ctd due to the number of NPCs in there..... Every single time so i am pretty sure that even with all the mods to fix skyrim vram issues i installed i still dont have enough VRAM so i wanna decrease the numbed of NPCs in there to atleast lower than 10.... Please help me i have been working on DD on my own for 2 weeks and i just want to play all that i installed?

10 hours ago, ray314 said:

I'm going from a very old version (6.3 I think) to the latest version. Is there a way to disable the prison part of the mod because I wish to use other prison mods and this mod's focus of slow movements in the prison isn't really my thing.

Depends on which other prison, i'm also curious. I don't know many choices to this... If you mean POP then don't tick "Use vanilla prisons" but set slider for POP chance 100% in DCL MCM.

So... i finally wanted to try the prison as i didn't play with DCL in a while and had some issues... not sure where they started. I got the quest to go into my cell and did so, but the quest didn't finish. As nothing happened for a while i slept some hours, a guard came and i chose the resist option... after which again, nothing happened. I slept a couple of times, once i got a message that i can't sleep past working hours but nobody came to let me out, nor could i open the door.

I reloaded and this time the female jailor came, after raping me i was stuck with -550 carry weight and nothing happened, nor could i reach the bed to sleep again... 

Similar after 3rd try when 2 jailors came and i didn't resist. Is this maybe a known issue, mod copnflict or bad settings or anything?

5 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

a guard came and i chose the resist option... after which again, nothing happened. I slept a couple of times, once i got a message that i can't sleep past working hours but nobody came to let me out, nor could i open the door.

You need to sleep to next morning. When you get warning about working hours just wait 1 or 2 hours and then after 30 sec - 1 minute door will open and starts prison day.

6 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

You need to sleep to next morning. When you get warning about working hours just wait 1 or 2 hours and then after 30 sec - 1 minute door will open and starts prison day.

Is the -550 carry weight normal though?  I have the feeling for progress i have to allow some sex... but beeing unable to move after getting raped sounds like that prison will be harder than intended.

It didn't happen when rape was triggered by other mods.

*Edit: I checked my magic menu and had a couple of debuffs but nothing that should be that extreme...

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Is the -550 carry weight normal though?

Is the normal for DD, DCL.

If you can't move it's bug. Sometimes i got this too. Then i save a game and exit to windows. When start skyrim again, load a save i can slowly move. i play on Skyrim SE, maybe you can try this fix too on LE.

... @Kimy I would really like an option to disable slowing down in general (ideally seperatly, i.e. for boots, skirts, and something like "No additional carryweight") so i don't get slowed down to negative values... it's one of the main reasons why i left DCL. I get that you really, really want characters slowed down and that's fine and all but please, let me as a player decide how much is enough. :(

Devious Carriages is incompatible with the Courier quest from the Dollmaker that follows Chloe's quest (Chained Courier? Courier in Chains?).

I sort of expected this, but left DC in by accident.

I'd advise against mixing Devious Carriages with DCL.

Not sure if i'm blind and missing the option but... is there anywhere an option to change chances for punishments that are *not* from public indicency? I've set everything except prison to zero and it doesn't seem to have any effect at all as i got a 5k bounty from another mod. And getting told that i'll get the harshest punishment, beeing sold into slavery and then he just walks away cause i don't have SS installed sounds a bit silly. An option to en/disable some options would be really nice... so if i'm not blind i'd like to suggest that.^^

Also... the times seem pretty short for owing 5k, but i'm not sure if it just counts as minor crime or something. In my last test i killed 2 guards to test it and then it was 7 days.

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Devious Carriages is incompatible with the Courier quest from the Dollmaker that follows Chloe's quest (Chained Courier? Courier in Chains?).

I sort of expected this, but left DC in by accident.

I'd advise against mixing Devious Carriages with DCL.

Are you certain? Did you use the real carriage dialog or [Chloe quest] one? It should teleport you straight away without you needing to click the back of the carriage.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Are you certain? Did you use the real carriage dialog or [Chloe quest] one?

I'm not sure it's Devious Carriages that is causing the problem - but I'm sure about the problem.

The Chloe Quest works. The quest afterwards does not.

You are simply unable to converse with carriage drivers at all, due to the strict gag that is fitted for that quest.

I'd say it's likely that DCL anticipated that gag, and has added dialogs of its own to deal with it. It even has an explicit hint to use the carriage, but you can't.

Maybe I'm a dummy and misunderstood the quest?

In which case I'll get some helpful advice?

In a case where I was able to use the carriage because there was a DCL dialog that worked, Devious Carriages fired, but was incapable of doing anything to my PC or follower because we were already in extremely heavy bondage added by the Dollmaker.

So, in at least that way Devious Carriages is not really compatible with that quest - and I wouldn't really expect it to be - it's rendered nonsense by the amount of bondage you're in for those quests, and DCL has a lot of heavy bondage quests.

I need to remove Devious Carriages and see what happens instead, but that's a painful save-cleaning sort of business that may not actually be possible because dialogs are so brittle.

I haven't opened up Tes5Edit and confirmed the conflicting records - and I certainly could have done - but even without that I can see that Devious Carriages is rendered impotent by heavy-bondage DCL quests, so incompatible in that sense anyway. The edit and removal chore is yet to come when I try to clean out Devious Carriages.

Maybe I should have checked that first, but it was 4am, and I wasn't thinking especially clearly.

My advice to others is still make sure to disable Devious Carriages if you want to do any DCL quests. I think that's a safe path. It's almost a surprise that DCL doesn't do devious carriages of its own. Either way, living without Devious Carriages is no great inconvenience in itself. Put it another way - what if you didn't need to disable it? No harm done, you'll get enough Devious action from DCL without it.

But, I'm not certain. It might be some other mod I forgot I had in there, but as I stripped out everything non-essential that was remotely related to carriages or deviousness before running DCL, it's probably Devious Carriages, which I intended to remove, but missed. Always possible!

And assuming the issue is real, it's not like either mod is in the wrong here; it's just that carriage drivers are a shared resource in Skyrim and especially prone to conflicts. Guards and carriage drivers... 

As a similar complaint was levelled against DFC's addition of dialogs on Priests - I noted that the 'zero edits' approach is to condition the dialogs on a form list membership check rather than making a faction edit, or editing an existing dialog. You can - as Roggvir noted - use an alias too, but that is burdensome to extend to arbitrary numbers of NPCs. However, when the intent is to override the existing dialog, you can't use those techniques, and edits will always be prone to conflict. Devious Carriages surely needs to override, but Kimy has had issues with carriage drivers in the past (in the Chloe quest, which now works perfectly) so she likely did everything possible to avoid a conflict here.

Probably not a lot of people use Devious Carriages anyway, so it's a bit of a niche issue - but who knows?

And, sure, it might not be that, but it's definitely not working for me as I might have hoped.

Maybe I simply misunderstood how I'm supposed to hire the carriage - but I was able to hire the Dollmaker's special carriage just fine.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Probably not a lot of people use Devious Carriages anyway, so it's a bit of a niche issue - but who knows?

And, sure, it might not be that, but it's definitely not working for me as I might have hoped.

Maybe I simply misunderstood how I'm supposed to hire the carriage - but I was able to hire the Dollmaker's special carriage just fine.

Do you have the latest DCarr (ie the post PB version) and also have it working with CFTO, or are you just using the vanilla carriage system?  Some of us would like a working CFTO patch for the latest version ?   

You are simply unable to converse with carriage drivers at all, due to the strict gag that is fitted for that quest.

I'd say it's likely that DCL anticipated that gag, and has added dialogs of its own to deal with it. It even has an explicit hint to use the carriage, but you can't.

Maybe I'm a dummy and misunderstood the quest?

I need to remove Devious Carriages and see what happens instead, but that's a painful save-cleaning sort of business that may not actually be possible because dialogs are so brittle.

The gagtalk thing might be even worse if you use DD's gagtalk more than DCL one. In DCL MCM you can set its chance to trigger relative to DD one, and with that you can control the talks success chance. If it's 100% then obviously talking will always succeed, assuming you don't get some action done to you first. You can't actually disable that "action" currently.

Disabling mods does indeed cause problems, i suggest editing its settings in MCM instead. You can set the carriage event chances to 0 temporarily. But i'm curious to test the Chloe quest with that chance set to 100...

40 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

the Chloe quest with that chance set to 100

You don't have a super-blocking gag in the "main" Chloe quest (actual Chloe quest), but the Dollmaker fits one after you visit and become her courier.

I considered tinkering with the gag settings but I think I have it on 50% right now, and after a large number of tries, was always blocked.

I couldn't find an NPC that could understand me besides The Dollmaker herself or a quest NPC who I was supposed to deliver to ... perhaps Chloe ... but she can only Mmmf at me, and I can't understand her :) 

As the delivery target NPCs have a work around for the gag talk, my guess is that the carriage was supposed to work like that too - and probably does - providing some other mod doesn't stop the dialog showing up, by editing a faction off carriage drivers or something.

I won't have the facts until I look in Tes5Edit, and so should probably have stayed quiet... but as noted above, perfectly safe to be cautious about Devious Carriages; that's never going to bite you.

40 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Disabling mods does indeed cause problems

It can probably be fixed with a bit of Tes5 editing, no matter what mod was to blame for upsetting DCL's applecart. I'm hoping it's just an overwritten faction or form list. Maybe a modified info though. I'm hoping I don't find nothing ... that would mean the quest is intended to progress by some other means.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

In a case where I was able to use the carriage because there was a DCL dialog that worked, Devious Carriages fired, but was incapable of doing anything to my PC or follower because we were already in extremely heavy bondage added by the Dollmaker.

To be fair, that sounds more like a cariages problem if i get that right. A DD mod should not fail to work if you're in full bondage.

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

To be fair, that sounds more like a cariages problem if i get that right. A DD mod should not fail to work if you're in full bondage.

It is a carriages problem.

I never said otherwise.

No suggestion DCL did anything wrong!

None at all... And I didn't even mean to have carriages installed.

In this case, it's not just full bondage, but full chastity bondage - a case it's aware of up to a point, but not quite sufficiently.

Adding devices and doing rapes is Devious Carriages entire mechanic ... and as The Dollmaker puts you in a lot of devices and total chastity, there's no way to rape you, and not much scope to add devices - though it could have found something I'm sure. It could have added a blindfold, or a hood perhaps?

Maybe The Dollmaker could have added those herself for good measure? I wouldn't mind, though it certainly doesn't speed up her deliveries.

But Devious Carriages - which we're probably discussing a bit too much here - could put itself into that situation in one journey, then end up stuck on the next one.

It probably shouldn't fire if it has nothing left it wants to do to you, but does anyway.

I kind of wish I'd never mentioned any of this, and I'm feeling very nervous about it. 

I thought this would be a one-liner... people forewarned... moving on... I won't say anything more about it unless I have important new data.

But Devious Carriages - which we're probably discussing a bit too much here - could put itself into that situation in one journey, then end up stuck on the next one.

It shouldn't fire if it has nothing left to do to you, but does anyway.

Kinda my point.^^ I don't mind, no idea. If you will i will too i guess.

Going back to DCL... After some more testing, i'm really not all too happy with the crime system mechanics.
@Kimy
1. The sliders for chances for outcomes seem to not work at all. I put prison to 100, everything else to zero and it still took me 7 tries to get into prison. Also not the biggest fan of having it simply randomized... that i can kill two guards and get told that my crimes were minor while still standing over the corpses doesn't make much sense, nor stealing something and get sold into slavery. Imho it should be more RPG and less RNG dependent.

2. DCL breaks it's own punishments... i was put into a pillory, raped, and then a guard approached me for violating public indicency... which might not even be that bad if they would have said something like "After that punishment you'll get another one." Instead the guard told me that i'll get into prison, immediatly after he said i'll be sold into slavery, and then became aggressive and attacked me while still in pillory... Beeing aware of the own punishments and action would be a good idea i think.

Edit: Adding papyrus log in case it helps before it gets overwritten. :)Papyrus.0.log

*Edit2: other than what seems rather be bugs than anything else, some more feedback.  The pillory thing could be much nicer imho if there would be.. more, like some actual mocking like promised. Just mean comments from people passing by would be great!

Walk of shame was a bit... underwhelming as well. First guy said he doesn't have keys, second simply unlocked me. Again, a bit more RPG and less RNG... mean related comments, maybe a minimum time or approaches (ideally customizable or bounty dependent or so) would be nice imho. It also seems to me the days in prison are completly randomly, not related to bounty or crime or anything...

TL;DR I want to play a role, not having a laborious dice roll system.

*Edit3: After finally spending some time in prison and all that critcism, time for some praise! :) It's obvious you put a lot of thought in that prison and i really really love these thoughts! It's awesome and became clear to me that the initial sentence time doesn't seem to matter as much, still... from a role play perspective, it feels wrong to get simply random numbers ;).

The only real issue i had so far was when i was put into pillory and fucked, the pillory disappeared and i didn't get back into it. Not sure what is wrong there, i have some errors in papyurs from Sexlab and furnitures and i don't know where they come from or what causes them, it might simply be my game... But when i was in the pillory at the market it worked fine usually. I assume it was a script hickup, some failsafe procedure in DD (like checking 10-30 seconds later?) would be nice i guess. 

Once more though some situational comments would be an improvement imho, as DCL generally doesn't have much of such i'm not sure if you oppose those or if they aren't your strong side, if the ladder... by no means i would call myself a great writer, but i could provide a bit at least. As an example, passing guards/the warden could trigger some comments like "Nice tits, gonna squeeze them when i see you tonight in your cell."

Maybe also some minor scenes when passing guards, like they demand you struggle in your bindings because it looks so funny. Either you automatically start it or have the option to ignore it, causing a dislike which could lead to more prison days, harsher punishments, combinations...

But these are just thoughts that imho would improve it simply because there's always something that could be a bit better, by no means i want to say it's not great already as it is! ❤️

23 minutes ago, InfernoVictor said:

overloading the VRAM? 

Install low resolution textures, not 2k but 1k or lover if exists.

Also you can use photopea and rework all textures to lover as 1k by resample image. Or photoshop with dds plugin for skyrim. Or gimp.

I found elegant method how to return missed contraceptions furniture in Whipp and Chain inn. Found placed object reference and enable it by console. then disable npc into furniture and enable again. The exit from inn and when you reload a inn, NPC is in furniture animation as it needs to be.

Any comments for broke game? At least i hope it will end papyrus errors into log.