• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem after Borkul puts a blindfold on my player character. At this point the entire quest fails and all the other NPC's go hostile.

This sort of issue is referenced in the Debug Tips: "If the prisoners attack you when you have sex, disable SexLab Stop Combat." However, I don't have the SexLab Stop Combat mod installed.

After messing around with disabling / enabling plugins, etc. I've narrowed it down to the "Public Whore" mod. It's definitely this one that's causing the problems because as soon as I disable it, everything works.

Has anyone else come across this particular problem / conflict? I've tried rearranging the load order, putting Public Whore before Devious Cidhna but the solution isn't that simple unfortunately.

Thx!

1 hour ago, skyrimsubby said:

I'm having a problem after Borkul puts a blindfold on my player character. At this point the entire quest fails and all the other NPC's go hostile.

This sort of issue is referenced in the Debug Tips: "If the prisoners attack you when you have sex, disable SexLab Stop Combat." However, I don't have the SexLab Stop Combat mod installed.

After messing around with disabling / enabling plugins, etc. I've narrowed it down to the "Public Whore" mod. It's definitely this one that's causing the problems because as soon as I disable it, everything works.

Has anyone else come across this particular problem / conflict? I've tried rearranging the load order, putting Public Whore before Devious Cidhna but the solution isn't that simple unfortunately.

Thx!

Yes, there's a solution to it in the PW thread.  You need to use TESVEdit to tweak something so that it isn't considered an attack.  I don't remember the details atm, lemme see if I can find it.

1 minute ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Yes, there's a solution to it in the PW thread.  You need to use TESVEdit to tweak something so that it isn't considered an attack.  I don't remember the details atm, lemme see if I can find it.

Thank you for the quick response. I wasn't sure whether the convention is to post queries on the mod in which the problem is seen or on the mod that's causing the problem.

I'd searched for hits on the PW thread but Google didn't return anything. Now that you've said there's some advice on there I'll go through the full thread.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, skyrimsubby said:

Thank you for the quick response. I wasn't sure whether the convention is to post queries on the mod in which the problem is seen or on the mod that's causing the problem.

I'd searched for hits on the PW thread but Google didn't return anything. Now that you've said there's some advice on there I'll go through the full thread.

Thanks again.

Is your PW up to date? I think he fixed this already.   And when you upgraded it, did you fully uninstall and clean  your save before installing the new version?  Not sure why but that seems to be neccessary for that mod.  

8 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Is your PW up to date? I think he fixed this already.   And when you upgraded it, did you fully uninstall and clean  your save before installing the new version?  Not sure why but that seems to be neccessary for that mod.  

Hm... No it's 1.2.3 not 1.2.4 though it was a clean install at the time. Let me see if i want to risk an upgrade. I'll look for TESVEdit solution too.

Thanks again, I appreciate it

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping there is still developers here. 

The Simple Slavery portion of this mod appears to be broken.  I was sent to a vampire den for the "Playing with the food" quest.  If you wait long enough, all the vampires die on their own.  I get a quest completed but, while trying to leave, I have to fight (Wolf in one area, skeletons in another).  Once I am struck, I'm instantly placed in "X" position and can't fight.  (One dungeon teleports you back to your cage, the other just places you into pose.)  Even though the vampires are dead and quest completed. (If you get teleported, your stuck in pose and can't move.)

After leaving the cave, another quest complete but the pose remains if struck by any enemy. 

3 hours ago, myhouseatl said:

I'm hoping there is still developers here. 

The Simple Slavery portion of this mod appears to be broken.  I was sent to a vampire den for the "Playing with the food" quest.  If you wait long enough, all the vampires die on their own.  I get a quest completed but, while trying to leave, I have to fight (Wolf in one area, skeletons in another).  Once I am struck, I'm instantly placed in "X" position and can't fight.  (One dungeon teleports you back to your cage, the other just places you into pose.)  Even though the vampires are dead and quest completed. (If you get teleported, your stuck in pose and can't move.)

After leaving the cave, another quest complete but the pose remains if struck by any enemy. 

Something else is interfering.  What is killing the Vampires?   They shouldn't just die on their own.   The mod is set up so you can sneak to freedom but if you get caught you get sent back.  

• 1 month later...

I just replayed this mod (LE version) with DD 5.2. Happy to report that it worked just fine. Been in my load order since forever, a real gem this is! Thank you Stobor! :heart:

Minor issue: Got one message "Lookup failed" when Grisvad dropped his shiv, but got it anyway.

Got snagged by the silverbloods after and sold to the pirates - worked fine as well.

Later, I mouthed off to Yngvar in Markarth, got collared and gagged. Wandered into the Stormcloak camp near Solitude and found myself in the Lost Knife cave. Did not have any issue with the yoke that some reported, they removed it after a while. Had a right hard time to locate my gear, but after a lot of searching I found everything I believe.

So, even in 2023 this mod is still good to go! ?

Did anyone tested if it works with latest "Blood and Silver"? It got pretty big overhaul recently,  but from what I've seen thus far,  things in the mine are as they were in previous version.

Edited by belegost
On 2/12/2016 at 2:53 PM, stobor said:

If the CW01B quest (joining the Stormcloaks) is at 999, that's the problem.  Rolff wouldn't do that to a Stormcloak. 

Edit: It seems that my Stormcloak check is incorrect - it is also catching Legion members.  I'll fix the condition for the next update.  That explains Rolff, but doesn't explain the report that one user can't get any of the quest-givers to cooperate.  The others don't care about the Civil War quests.

does Rolff mini quest require main quest (cidhna mine) to initiate the dialogue? no line appear for Rolff?

On 9/7/2023 at 7:41 AM, aspirine2 said:

does Rolff mini quest require main quest (cidhna mine) to initiate the dialogue? no line appear for Rolff?

Far as I've played before this whole mod only makes sense if you actually go with the Forsworn conspiracy questline. Being thrown into the mine as a punishment for a regular crime doesn't really do anything. Might as well just serve your time by sleeping or mining.

Edited by belegost
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I start the quest "Bashnag's Coven" ?

I need to learn the arts of spell and steel if I'm going to make my own way in the world.  I've no patience with the ivory tower mages, so I settled for a less reputable trainer.  I've joined a small coven of spellswords in the border hills.  Unfortunately, the leader is coming unhinged; he's already thrown one woman to the spiders for daring to argue with him.

Edited by damirjan
7 hours ago, damirjan said:

How do I start the quest "Bashnag's Coven" ?

I need to learn the arts of spell and steel if I'm going to make my own way in the world.  I've no patience with the ivory tower mages, so I settled for a less reputable trainer.  I've joined a small coven of spellswords in the border hills.  Unfortunately, the leader is coming unhinged; he's already thrown one woman to the spiders for daring to argue with him.

IIRC you have to talk to the innkeeper in Falkreath and ask about Bashnag.

• 3 weeks later...

After escaping from Cidhna Mine (siding with Madanach), the prisoners (abt 20 of them) go on a rampage killing most guards and Thonar and end up gathering in the Temple of Talos. Here they just keep attacking Thongvor who gets knocked down and stands back up but doesn't die since he is an essential NPC i think. How to proceed further from here with the remaining follow-up quests and stuff? Also, is it OK to unlock the restraints put on you by Madanach using keys before exiting Cidhna Mine or does he take it off himself at a later stage? I have AFS installed as well so don't know if it is interfering with the game after the escape and causing all prisoners to get stuck in Talos' Temple....

16 hours ago, lulzk said:

After escaping from Cidhna Mine (siding with Madanach), the prisoners (abt 20 of them) go on a rampage killing most guards and Thonar and end up gathering in the Temple of Talos. Here they just keep attacking Thongvor who gets knocked down and stands back up but doesn't die since he is an essential NPC i think. How to proceed further from here with the remaining follow-up quests and stuff? Also, is it OK to unlock the restraints put on you by Madanach using keys before exiting Cidhna Mine or does he take it off himself at a later stage? I have AFS installed as well so don't know if it is interfering with the game after the escape and causing all prisoners to get stuck in Talos' Temple....

Yeah, something is interfering.  What should happen is that once you bust out of the mine into the city, the Forsworn kill all the guards in their way and run out the front doors, past the carriage stop, turn left in front of the Khajiit camp, run to a bend in the road just before the gold mine and head up into the hills, passing the Lover Stone and make their way to Druadach Redoubt, where they stay for the rest of the game.  And the player is allowed to go there without being attacked by the other Druadach Forsworn.  (But only them, other Forsworn in the Reach will still be aggro.)  Madanach has quests for you once they are there.   And no, he never removes the restraints himself, you have to do it.

18 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Yeah, something is interfering.  What should happen is that once you bust out of the mine into the city, the Forsworn kill all the guards in their way and run out the front doors, past the carriage stop, turn left in front of the Khajiit camp, run to a bend in the road just before the gold mine and head up into the hills, passing the Lover Stone and make their way to Druadach Redoubt, where they stay for the rest of the game.  And the player is allowed to go there without being attacked by the other Druadach Forsworn.  (But only them, other Forsworn in the Reach will still be aggro.)  Madanach has quests for you once they are there.   And no, he never removes the restraints himself, you have to do it.

Thanks a lot for the info but I found the reason....apparently their exit was being blocked due to the curfew imposed by SL Survival during night time. I disable the curfew option and Madanach and the rest of em simply killed a few guards and waltzed out of Markarth as they were supposed to.

• 2 months later...

Ok I'm super annoyed at LL site, I keep clicking around and it keeps swapping me between Skyrim LE and SE/AE.

Is there a link for the SE version of this mod? The simple slavery for SE sent me to this page (I think).

Update: ok  see LE and SE are on the same page, but there is no link to the SE blood and Sliver mod

Here is the link

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20269

Edited by Burensc
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...