16 minutes ago, worik said:

Ah. Thank you. I didn't find that with the search  - probably wrong keyword.

The collar is already away from my neck, so that's not a thing anymore. I was just concerend, why Farengar's dialogue still "thinks" I wear it and if I broke something. :classic_blush:

If it was an unused/unfinished quest and you are worried about Farengar's dialogue being blocked ect by it, it may be worth doing a bit of surgery in TES5Edit to remove that quest/dialogue.  Especially now that you know where it is, and I know a handful of other mods here on LL use Farengar for quests or dialogue.

10 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

I know a handful of other mods here on LL use Farengar for quests or dialogue.

He's quite a decent chap, isn't he? :classic_wink:

... and sitting in this nice palace in the middle of Skyrim, no real tasks at hand...

No wonder everybody is fighting for his attention:classic_tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, worik said:

By random chance I managd to trigger the Prey/A Dish served hot quest. ... at least I guess so.

But I fear by using DDv4 I may have broken the quest?

• Cidhna quest line has not started beyond the point that my next step would be to "accidently meet" Eltrys and get his note.
  • Farenger had a new (unknown to me) dialogue line, I was curious and *DANG* he put a collar on me
  • Thanks to @valcon767 I could trace the dialogue to DC and the "prey" quest.
  • Aside from the collar, I noticed nothing else. No plot, no events, no effects, just the collar.
  • whenever I meet him, I have a line to ask him "remove it please" and he always refuses ... I should not interrupt the magic at work

In the meantime (weeks ago in-game) I managed to escape the collar (DDv4 escape) , but I still have the dialogue with Farengar.

So it seems to me, the escape was not detected?

At this point I wonder if I broke the quest beyond repair or if and where I would best continue the story ?

I would have to search Breezehome from top to bottom, but I guess I still have that collar somewhere. So the right item should be available, if that matters.

Edit:

The primary part of my question is the pure technical one, that needs to be solved first!

But if that's cleaned up, I am happy for any hints how to continue from an immersive story-telling perspective. Ain't that what RPG is all about :classic_wink:?

I just did this same quest I think, and at least for me Farengar put my character in the pink rubber collar from Deviously Cursed Loot. This initiated the "Rubber Doll" quest from that mod, and by completing that quest was how she got out of the collar. I don't think Farengar is supposed to remove it. Anyway much like you, I continued to get the dialog with Farengar as if she were still in the collar.

To fix it what I did was use the console to force the "Prey" quest to be complete ( completequest DvCidhna_Prey ). Hopefully that didn't break something else, but it does get rid of the Farengar dialog. 

Hey, I was wondering if someone more knowledgeable than I would be willing to help me figure out why I can't enter Cidhna mine without my game doing an infinite load screen. Here is my latest papyrus log and load  order:

My issue only arose after I installed Devious Cidhna Mine and Blood and Silver: Cidhna Mine Expanded. I have not tried taking one out and see if the other works yet. I am going to do that now.

Papyrus.0.log

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2018-04-06T10-13-19.txt

Thanks for the update ,This has been a must have mod for me , because of the main quest , which is one of the most for me immersive build up to being enslave. and because DEVIOUSLY ENSLAVED is also a must have mod along with sd+ and sd cages the extra content added by this mod I never no what are were my toon will end up when a battle goes wrong.

Hi I ran into a problem. I am on the "Prize Possession" quest and when I first talk to Erikur I get to the line when he says that he is keeping the gag in and then the conversation doesn't continue. He doesn't say anything else and I can't skip further into it. I tried ending the conversation and restarting it, but then he just keeps saying "Let's go another round, shall we?" and nothing else. 

That should be followed by an animation as I recall, not more dialogue.  All of those are force-greet lines I think, and there's a cool-down timer to prevent a continuous force-greet loop.  Usually much of that timer's taken up by the animation.  I take it no animation played for you?

Can someone explain how to start "A dish served hot" ?

I meet the following as stated in the OP:  No conflicting quests, no DD devices of any kind, no follower.

I have talked to all 3 NPC's stated in the OP but none give me the quest.

I have completed and escaped Cidhna mine, I killed the King in Rags (Malacath) this play through.

What else needs to be done to start this quest?

thanks,

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, stobor said:

That should be followed by an animation as I recall, not more dialogue.  All of those are force-greet lines I think, and there's a cool-down timer to prevent a continuous force-greet loop.  Usually much of that timer's taken up by the animation.  I take it no animation played for you?

No, an animation didn't play. He just repeats himself until I walk away. Also are the doors supposed to be locked? I tried exploring a bit and was able to just walk out of the building and the quest ended.

1 hour ago, special said:

Can someone explain how to start "A dish served hot" ?

I meet the following as stated in the OP:  No conflicting quests, no DD devices of any kind, no follower.

I have talked to all 3 NPC's stated in the OP but none give me the quest.

I have completed and escaped Cidhna mine, I killed the King in Rags (Malacath) this play through.

What else needs to be done to start this quest?

thanks,

The OP states that after talking to one of the three, you have to talk to Griffe at Mixwater Mill while wearing a device.  Did you do that?

18 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

The OP states that after talking to one of the three, you have to talk to Griffe at Mixwater Mill while wearing a device.  Did you do that?

When speaking to any of those three npc's, there was no dialogue options that wasn't from the original Skyrim game so what is it I am supposed to do with those npc's?

I was expecting them to have some kind of dialogue then fit the Player with a device.

Is this not the case?

ADDITIONAL COMMENT

Apologies, I have got it working now.  Thanks :smile:

9 hours ago, Punga said:

What's a non Localized file? It's in the download section. Do I need that and the previous version or something? 

No, you only need the one download.  Non-localized == no support for translation to other languages.  Some of the earlier versions did have translation support, but they're outdated now.

I seem to recall that a few English-language folks experienced problems with the original v1.8 (Localized) version.   The localized version also doesn't play nice with the Creation Kit.  So I put the non-localized v1.8 ESP (and only the ESP, not the BSA with the scripts) up as well.  So if you're sticking with v1.8, my advice would be to start with the full version and optionally overlay the non-localized ESP on top of that (if you experience problems).

I don't recall what sort of problems people ran into, I never saw any myself.  But I have to use the non-localized version for development purposes anyway.