well, the last time I tried I took 8-10 submissive responses with Duach only and nothing happenned. So thats why I'm asking for specific logic.

I didn't have any problems with the skooma/shiv part, I think I used the persuade option. Where I did have a hiccup was when I returned to the big orc on the door. I had had the messages saying skooma and shiv added to inventory but when I was talking to the big orc the items had disappeared. I got past him using one of the other options.

Help please i "completed" pirate prize by getting the devices removed by npcs then i picklocked key and got my gear killed everyone and walked out but the quest is still on the step "Escape!" and "Find a way to get out of your restraints." but im already away from there and no restraints on me, is there a console command to end the quest?

• 2 weeks later...

hey i need some help.  Right after we're escaping cidna mine, where i get my gear back, Madanach gets stuck.

He won't move at all and the door won't unlock.

I've tried taking control of he, recycling his ai, teleporting him, nothing works.

he always just goes back to his spot and won't progress the quest.

Help?

hey i need some help.  Right after we're escaping cidna mine, where i get my gear back, Madanach gets stuck.

I've tried taking control of he, recycling his ai, teleporting him, nothing works.

Help?

Can't help as such but there is a guy on the A Forsworn Story thread who has the same problem. See page 130 for screenshots.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone !

First, i would like to say thank you for the OP of this mod which is great.

But i run into some sort of bug i think : after doing the initial quests (after "Meet the neighbors"), when i came back to Madanach, he said he wants to develop his spy network and ask you to speek to Garvey.

Is it a quest ? Because no quest is launched at this point. And when i came to speak to Garvey, I have some dialogue lines but then, nothing else than a close loop where i ask him for sex in exchange of his loyalty. Coming back to Madanach doesn't do anything. 

Any idea ? Thanks a lot ♥

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out exactly where 'Playing with the Food' is getting stuck.

After zoning, I see a cage and the screen fades to black and I can hear foot steps for a second or two, then the UI shows back up but the game stops responding.

What is suppose to happen next?

my Papyrus log is not being terribly useful, ending with:

[03/27/2017 - 08:25:45AM] DvCidhna: received DvCidhna_StartVampires event
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:45AM] DvCidhna: starting vampire quest
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:47AM] [Zad]: RepopulateNpcs()
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:48AM] SOS Actor Schlongify: new schlong for Nord got schlong index 1 size 6
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:48AM] SOS Actor Schlongify: new schlong for Vampire Fledgling got schlong index 0 size 4
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:48AM] SOS Actor Schlongify: new schlong for Master Vampire got schlong index 1 size 8
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:48AM] SOS Actor Schlongify: new schlong for Vampire got schlong index 0 size 2
[03/27/2017 - 08:25:49AM] SOS MarkArmorAsConcealing: registering armor as concealing Vampire Armor of Minor Conjuration

• 2 weeks later...

I searched and saw a couple people report this issue, but no solutions to it: when I get captured by the pirates, the First Mate talks to me, starts a SL scene, and then walks away. And I can't move. And that's it. Before and after the dialogue, I can't move my PC, all she does is struggle against the restraints on the spot. If I wait in game, nothing happens. Is this the intended behavior? I guess I'll disable this mod so that I can sleep without this quest starting, unless someone can give me a fix. Thanks.

I searched and saw a couple people report this issue, but no solutions to it: when I get captured by the pirates, the First Mate talks to me, starts a SL scene, and then walks away. And I can't move. And that's it. Before and after the dialogue, I can't move my PC, all she does is struggle against the restraints on the spot. If I wait in game, nothing happens. Is this the intended behavior? I guess I'll disable this mod so that I can sleep without this quest starting, unless someone can give me a fix. Thanks.

Do you have the automatic free camera turned on in the Sexlab MCM?  If so, try turning it off.

Aside from Publius' advice, check that you have a camera mode in Devious Devices that allows you to move in 3rd person.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why, but when I triggered Pirate Prize, they start attacking my character after the first few conversation.   A Dish Served Hot works out just great, so I don't what goes wrong.

I didn't install Deviously Helpless, but I think that's something to be triggered after they dump her, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to start any of the follow up quests they all crash. I talk to borkul to do the meet the neighbours quest, game crashes. I go to sleep, wake up and pirate quest almost starts, game crashes. I talk to Madanach about the keeping up morale quest, game crashes. I've tried making a new game, and reinstalling the mod. Any help?

@andykimo123: Having NPCs attack like that usually points to some mod messing with 'crime' such that nudity or public sex makes people in the relevant 'crime faction' hostile.  If you have any mods that do that, they are incompatible with most of this mod.

@alt10195: That pattern of crashes suggests that you're missing one of the core dependencies that supplies meshes or textures (i.e. Devious Devices - Assets).  Or that your install of that mod is corrupted somehow.  The game always crashes when you equip something and it references meshes you haven't got, and all of the situations you describe start by equipping something from the DDa mod.

You can easily test this by trying to equip some DDa item (e.g. an armbinder) manually.

• 3 weeks later...

Help?

I'm having this issue too, I checked the A forsworn story thread and there is a lot of confusing info

In trying to track down what was causing my corruption (it only started happening after I installed TID and AFS to try them out again) I ran through the Cidhna Mine stuff to do the new AFS start.  Ran into the same problem with Madanach not wanting to leave the Dwemer ruins out into Markarth.  I removed AFS and cleaned the save and replayed the scene and he left after the convo without a hitch.  So I think something in AFS is stopping him.

so im thinking it also might be possible to remove afs, clean teh save, have him exit the mine properly then re-install afs

then there is another post saying that there are scripts that weren't compiled and everything works fine if they are compiled

https://fs4.fex.net/get/867937948635/10241559/a71dbc01/Mad%27sBug01.jpg

https://fs4.fex.net/get/867937948635/10241560/6a68d798/Mad%27sBug02.jpg

Then here's a link to the scripts compiled correctly that you can copy into the quests data file, but that looks like it messes up some stages that you might have to advance with console

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43365-a-forsworn-story/page-136?do=findComment&comment=1883921

I'll look into it tonight to see what the easiest fix is, but it might unfortunately be playing devious cidhna in one save and AFS in another for the time being.

Just out of curiosity are you playing with blood and silver enabled too?

Just for the record: DvCidhna does not mess with Madanach's AI packages at all.  It does mess with other NPCs, but those packages are limited to Cidhna Mine proper (not the escape tunnel); they wouldn't be operating when you get to the exit.  AFAIK, the Blood & Silver expansion doesn't mess with that either, but it's been a while since I tried that (too many NPCs, things got crowded at the exit).

@andykimo123: Having NPCs attack like that usually points to some mod messing with 'crime' such that nudity or public sex makes people in the relevant 'crime faction' hostile.  If you have any mods that do that, they are incompatible with most of this mod.

Thanks for the response.  I didn't use nudity or sex harassment.  I do install defeat and sex solution.  Would they be one of the reason?  Anyway, here's my load order.

order.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I wonder if I could ask a question.  I love the mod, it's very well done. I have read elsewhere that the soul gem piercings and the collar that Farengar puts on you are both part of the Devious Cidhna mod.  I have a couple of questions.

1 - Is there any way to remove the piercings?  I can find people who say they'll do it but they don't;

2 - Is there anything that the collar does apart from let you ask people if they'll enslave you?

@NunsontheRun: as I recall, the Farengar interaction is really intended for use in combination with Cursed Loot.  Without that mod, it defaults to a plain Devious Devices item with no special properties.  Otherwise, in general the devices used are part of DD, and can be removed by the usual means (keys, or piercing tools).  But that assumes that you have the settings configured to permit those items to be found (e.g. in Cursed Loot) or purchased (e.g. from Captured Dreams store) or crafted (plain DD).

Of course, you can always give yourself a key via the console if you don't mind breaking immersion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a lot of fun with this one, I found it to be a really fun diversion, and tracking down, and doing all the quests was fun.

I hope you have more to add to it, and don't lose interest, IT is a really good base for a lot more masochistic, fun.. I loved it :shy::heart: