Guess This Location.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Azhidal was born there. ?

From what you said the other day you are quite correct. Now everyone else still needs to identify the picture since they have no clue where Ahzidal was born (or even that he was born instead of hatched for that matter).

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Give the lady a cigar, errr...hat!?

I'll take both ^^ :D

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Betcha didn't know there was a gold ore deposit there.

I forget, I know there's a ridiculous amount of iron and Silver for a nordic crypt and I've probably found the gold vein a time or two, but mostly ignore it because ehh, there's no reason to jump down there unless yer fall off the scaffolding drunk :D, Gold in the elderscrolls seems...sorta useless tbh xD.

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I'll take a stab at it - is it Southfringe Sanctum?

Excuse me Ms. Assault rifle dual wielder but wouldn't that be a "shot" at it. It would take a Forsworn sword wielder to take a "stab" at it.

Regardless of that nonsense you are, as usual, correct.

May have to look at my graveyard of oldies but goodies for the next one.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Inte said:

If there are no outstanding locations, how about this one? 

72850_20180128134235_1.png

1 hour ago, PubliusNV said:

I'm going to guess that's Labyrinthian, on the way to get the Staff of Magnus.

That's no guess that's a sure thing! Something about "Bromjuvar" or something. I bet we'll get a real lore story when @EinarrTheRed gets a look at this one!

Never heard of the place. ?

Heh!  Well, the inscription reads

Hail All - Brave City Bromjunaar

Forever These Walls Shall Stand

May Enemies See Her Majesty

May All Quake to Behold Her

Bromjunaar is the second oldest city in Skyrim after Saarthal, both having been founded sometime during the Dragon Age in the late Merethic.  While Saarthal was sacked by the elves the fate of Bromjunaar is less clear although it seems likely it was destroyed/abandoned during/after the Dragon Wars as it was the capital at that time and center of the dragon cult.  Whatever its fate it had been largely abandoned by the 3rd century 1st Era when Shalidor built his maze within the ruins of Bromjunaar after founding Winterhold and the college there.  The maze was used by Shalidor to test potential archmages, though this practice is no longer common and considered brutal and barbaric by "modern" standards.  The maze as seen in Skyrim seems to lack much of the riddles and tests described in Shalidor's time, and being a linear maze with few riddles is relatively easy to solve.

As the former capital of the Dragon Cult it was the seat of what may have been their "High King" who would wear the mask of Khonahrik which could only be obtained by the holders of the other eight masks.  This somewhat parallels the practice in Skyrim of the Moot (Jarls) meeting to elect a High King from among their own and the Nord Moot may be a cultural remnant left over from the Dragon Cult.  It is the only location in Skyrim to have two Dragon Priest Masks.

(Note: There is some evidence the city was still inhabited in the 1st Era, but that it was mostly in ruins and only a small settlement existed there.  At that time it is listed as part of Whiterun Hold in the book Holdings of Jarl Gjalund which can be found on Farengar's desk and read early in the game.  The book describes it as still inhabited but much diminished.  However, it may be worth noting that the claims of that book have been disputed particularly its claims about Rorikstead which has further fueled the various conspiracies about Rorikstead true history.)

The inscription is reminiscent of Percy Shelley's famous poem Ozymandius

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert... near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed;

And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Though it seems Bromjunaar has faired a bit better, it may no longer be an inhabited city but its walls do still stand and mighty things lurk below.