Guess This Location.

27 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Well played :smile:

I'm so ashamed. Clearly I have a real problem. I need a 12 step meeting. I'm going to use Worik's suggestion as an excuse to post 2 pictures. They are completely unrelated. They are not geographically near each other (as Grey Cloud's were). And, if I know what I'm doing (there is clearly some doubt there) they really have nothing in common at all.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still waiting for someone (anyone!) to tell me where my shipwreck is.

ScreenShot50j.jpg

ScreenShot47j.jpg

Lower pic is Talos Shrine E of Cradlecrush Rock. Features in Interesting NPCs.

Ninjad by Slorm.

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Oh, and by the way, I'm still waiting for someone (anyone!) to tell me where my shipwreck is.

Damn. I actually came across a candidate earlier in the week then forgot about it. Accessing memory banks trying to backtrack mentally.

21 minutes ago, worik said:

Worikstead

Rorikstead :classic_tongue:

Don't run away with the shipwreck ... we'll be coming back to that!

Right the first time, Worikstead (that was why I thought I could do two).

Let me know when you want clues as to the shipwreck. I think it may be getting stale to those viewers who watch only occasionally.

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Right the first time, Worikstead (that was why I thought I could do two).

Let me know when you want clues as to the shipwreck. I think it may be getting stale to those viewers who watch only occasionally.

May need to define or explain where the Sea of Ghosts starts and ends. I havene't a clue other than it's off the northern coast.

23 hours ago, Psalam said:

Where is a shipwreck that is not in the Sea of Ghosts?

1) it is a shipwreck,

2) you are referred to it by an NPC (such as when Annekke Crag-Jumper sends you to the Wreck of the Winter War or when the guards of northern cities tell you to beware this or that wreck and

3) it contains (some anyway) treasure. 

We have a named wreck on Solstheim's southern coast. Strident squall. But technically I'd say it does count as the Sea of Ghosts?

Then there is a wreck south of the Lady stone, it has treasure, but I have no idea if vanilla NPC are talking about it. And in Vanilla it has no name and the location is just called "Shipwreck".

At least this is cleary NOT in the Sea of ghosts :classic_smile:

Ok, I'll throw my dart: It' s the nameless wreck in lake Ilinalta

16 minutes ago, worik said:

We have a named wreck on Solstheim's southern coast. Strident squall. But technically I'd say it does count as the Sea of Ghosts?

Then there is a wreck south of the Lady stone, it has treasure, but I have no idea if vanilla NPC are talking about it. And in Vanilla it has no name and the location is just called "Shipwreck".

At least this is cleary NOT in the Sea of ghosts :classic_smile:

Ok, I'll throw my dart: It' s the nameless wreck in lake Ilinalta

1) yes, that is technically in the Sea of Ghosts and therefore does not meet the parameters listed above.

2) Karlpaws tried that one 19 hours ago and it still does not meet the parameters listed above, although, as I told him, it was a good guess.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Second one looks like the Talos Shrine  at Cradlecrush Rock

Give the lady a cigar! (Oh, I hope that's not politically incorrect. I'm so confused and my addiction is making me say all sorts of stupid things!)

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Give the lady a cigar! (Oh, I hope that's not politically incorrect. I'm so confused and my addiction is making me say all sorts of stupid things!)

It depends on the cigar. A good Havana and you can say anything you want :classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, Psalam said:

2) Karlpaws tried that one 19 hours ago and it still does not meet the parameters listed above, although, as I told him, it was a good guess.

My bad, I missed that :frown: (still not awake after the last RL days)

You gave us a tricky one :thumbsup: Don't solve it, we're not done here.. no yet :classic_smile:

Edit: I've found another one two .... but again no clue (yet) if NPC's are gossiping about it...

2 hours ago, worik said:

My bad, I missed that :frown: (still not awake after the last RL days)

You gave us a tricky one :thumbsup: Don't solve it, we're not done here.. no yet :classic_smile:

Edit: I've found another one two .... but again no clue (yet) if NPC's are gossiping about it...

I promise that it is NOT in the Sea of Ghosts and you learn about it from an NPC.

2 minutes ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

Yes, It was quite a laugh indeed.

Anyone recognize this shaft?

Hide contents

4kShaft.thumb.jpeg.666aa2daeb8b8a0397db8e31e741063e.jpeg

Not that one in particular. A lot of caves use these upward (downward?) shafts as a light source (see my previous picture from Sunderstone Gorge). The grass tufts probably make it distinct but I can't place it.

14 minutes ago, Psalam said:

learn about it from an NPC.

Make that three now, but the new one is in fact truely a word game :smile:

Am I allowed another dart?

Spoiler

Really?

Spoiler

Jorrvaskr

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Jorrvaskr_(Ship)

I can find loot in there, it was a ship, it is not in the Sea of Ghosts and I learn about it from various NPCs... the companions, the carriage driver or if I skip everybody else it's Jon who tells me about Jorrvaskr.

Of course today (E4 201) it is not a ship anymore, but only a building in the shape of a ship and named after it.

13 minutes ago, worik said:

Make that three now, but the new one is in fact truely a word game :smile:

Am I allowed another dart?

Hide contents

Really?

Hide contents

Jorrvaskr

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Jorrvaskr_(Ship)

I can find loot in there, it was a ship, it is not in the Sea of Ghosts and I learn about it from various NPCs... the companions, the carriage driver or if I skip everybody else it's Jon who tells me about Jorrvaskr.

Of course today (E4 201) it is not a ship anymore, but only a building in the shape of a ship and named after it.

You are always allowed another dart. No it is not Jorrvaskr although it is a truly creative solution. It meets the other parameters but, as far as I am aware, the ship was never "wrecked" simply repurposed. As before, let me know when you do want hints.

Is there anything in the bay outside Solitude? I swam across there a few times earlier this week. Or maybe off Windhelm. There is Capt. Lonely-Gale in the inn, didn't he have ship that was wrecked?

There is one from Interesting NPCs with an Argonian family but that is in the SoG I think.

26 minutes ago, Psalam said:

You are always allowed another dart. No it is not Jorrvaskr although it is a truly creative solution. It meets the other parameters but, as far as I am aware, the ship was never "wrecked" simply repurposed. As before, let me know when you do want hints.

After scouring Skyrim's google map I thought I'd found it in Lake Honrich, but vald's thing is a boat not a ship. :3

So instead, I'll propose it's this one. it's a ship, it's wrecked, and it is not in the sea of ghosts. :smiley:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Strange_Vessel

39 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

After scouring Skyrim's google map I thought I'd found it in Lake Honrich, but vald's thing is a boat not a ship. :3

So instead, I'll propose it's this one. it's a ship, it's wrecked, and it is not in the sea of ghosts. :smiley:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Strange_Vessel

Oh, but you are so right that it is a shipwreck, given to you by an NPC (Maven Black-Briar) and contains loot (the Quill of Germination). I'd offer you a cigar (like I did Slorm) for a job well done but I'm trying to not give the PC police anything else to pin on me. If no one else does, I'll  post a picture with a more "normal" location when I get home (in about 8 hours).

11 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Oh, but you are so right that it is a shipwreck, given to you by an NPC (Maven Black-Briar) and contains loot (the Quill of Germination). I'd offer you a cigar (like I did Slorm) for a job well done but I'm trying to not give the PC police anything else to pin on me. If no one else does, I'll  post a picture with a more "normal" location when I get home (in about 8 hours).

It's an airship. Ne-bloody-pas?

10 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's an airship. Ne-bloody-pas?

Remember, Vald was bringing the Quill back from Winterhold and took a boat across the lake and lost it in a storm. The boat, the strongbox and the Quill can be all be found when doing the appropriate Thieves' Guild quest (and only then). The location will not show on the map, before during or after the quest.

1 hour ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

That was a very good one! Even without a picture :classic_smile: I skipped all boats ... and followed an imgagined red herring :classic_blush: