Guess This Location.

You're both right certainly.

1) Yngvild - "No, your left, your other left." - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (sorry about that).

2) The shacks around Alftand is correct and, although I wasn't looking for it, so is Frostflow Lighthouse (one of the bug jars is in there).

3) I apologize for this one - I was looking for Mount Anthor although Worik correctly points out that my PC is coming down from the peak where the Dragon Wall is located. In my LONG (and often boring) years of education I used to have teachers (professors mostly) who used to love to play this "game" that I hated which I called "what am I thinking." Instead of asking questions which had clear and specific answers (e.g., what is the half-life of carbon-13) they would ask vague and nebulous questions and the students were supposed to guess (literally) what it is they had on their mind. So, once again, I apologize because I realize that I just did that to you guys. I will try to avoid it in the future.

So how about this one? I think that if I created a house mod I would want this particular corridor in it. Do you know where it is?

ScreenShot27j.jpg

3 hours ago, worik said:

A new one?

d29_479.thumb.jpg.e5b6752ad3b623765820ae64eee1f347.jpgDid we have this one yet ?

Not that it proves anything but I don't remember it.

It appears to be one of the Forsworn hideouts in the Reach. By looking "backwards" you've done a fine job of confusing my sense of which one. My best guess would be Red Eagle Ascent. This would be just before (coming from below) you reach the "tower" and the outside.

I agree with Grey Cloud - Worikstead now.

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

Not that it proves anything but I don't remember it.

It appears to be one of the Forsworn hideouts in the Reach. By looking "backwards" you've done a fine job of confusing my sense of which one. My best guess would be Red Eagle Ascent. This would be just before (coming from below) you reach the "tower" and the outside.

I agree with Grey Cloud - Worikstead now.

Ah. my brain unstuck.

I just couldn't figure out where it could be, much less where it would be but realizing its probably a forsworn location...

Blind Cliff Cave if not a Red Eagle location?  Looking again there is a touch plate for a trap, and I remember a falling log trap there I can never seem to catch anyone with.

On 26.4.2018 at 11:52 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Worikstead now of course.

:classic_blush: Usually I don't sacrifice fertile women in a daedric pact ...just to get fertile soil and big potatoes.

On 26.4.2018 at 8:57 PM, karlpaws said:

That's mostly a ETaC expansion of the town with some extra NPCs from a Dawnguard sentries mod (I have two and forget the names) and a whole lot of greenery from a summer overhaul.

I play the same :classic_wink: Though I miss some of EtaCs features in the picture?

On 27.4.2018 at 12:30 AM, Psalam said:

:thumbsup: correct in all aspects - RE Ascent it is and I like the "looking back" perspective :classic_tongue:

Early morning in your timezone? Late evening? Anyway: one glass of well earned  Surilie Brothers Wine :wine:'199 vintage

1 hour ago, worik said:

:classic_blush: Usually I don't sacrifice fertile woman in a daedric pact ...just to get fertile soil and big potatoes.

I play the same :classic_wink: Though I miss some of EtaCs features in the picture?

:thumbsup: correct in all aspects - RE Ascent it is and I like the "looking back" perspective :classic_tongue:

Early morning in your timezone? Late evening? Anyway: one glass of well earned  Surilie Brothers Wine :wine:'199 vintage

Currently 5:00 AM here. As I said, it was nicely done and, in fact, a nice picture (Skyrim is good for that). Have a great day.

10 hours ago, worik said:

What are you missing? I was standing by the Alk'emy shop but some parts are obscured by the trees.

9 hours ago, Psalam said:

Currently 5:00 AM here. As I said, it was nicely done and, in fact, a nice picture (Skyrim is good for that). Have a great day.

5 am is still 5 o'clock

I am sure your jail shot isn't Northwatch keep and I don't think that is Hragstead either but I'm not as confident about that.  Also pretty sure it isn't flooded prison we start in.

15 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

What are you missing? I was standing by the Alk'emy shop but some parts are obscured by the trees.

5 am is still 5 o'clock

I am sure your jail shot isn't Northwatch keep and I don't think that is Hragstead either but I'm not as confident about that.  Also pretty sure it isn't flooded prison we start in.

Right on all accounts. Although it is also notoriously damp (just not this part). ;)

For the jail shot I would have gone for Northwatch. My second guess would have been the Thalmor place from Helgen Reborn where you do the rescue job on the Arnie clone but that not in vanilla (I think). And it wouldn't have the 'damp' notoriety. So that leaves me clueless.

I've not been anywhere interesting enough to screen-grab but I have a cunning plan taking shape in my head. I want to go to Solstheim before I implement it though.

Anyone know a mod or way of stopping respawns? Specifically Stormcloaks, Imperials and guards.

1 minute ago, Grey Cloud said:

For the jail shot I would have gone for Northwatch. My second guess would have been the Thalmor place from Helgen Reborn where you do the rescue job on the Arnie clone but that not in vanilla (I think). And it wouldn't have the 'damp' notoriety. So that leaves me clueless.

I've not been anywhere interesting enough to screen-grab but I have a cunning plan taking shape in my head. I want to go to Solstheim before I implement it though.

Anyone know a mod or way of stopping respawns? Specifically Stormcloaks, Imperials and guards.

Northwatch has a level way into the jail block, as I remember it, and the Helgen Reborn one I think re-uses some of the same interior as the prison, which was ruled out (which I don't think has any straight hall way of cells.

That picture's been up there way too long. It is Illinalta's Deep (which was in the armpit of an earlier picture-that's what gave me the idea). The only thins I did was kick the hand cart out of view.

Here's a 2 part one inspired by Worik:

1) What is this location, and

2) Where is my PC standing to get this view?

Sorry for the night shot.

ScreenShot29j.jpg

22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Kastav or Morvunskaar?

I can see it, but no.

It would be hard to hide all the wooden walkways in Morvunskar.

The only place high enough to do this in Fort Kastav would be near the raised altar on top of the Captain's quarters. The view from there would be different (although if you carefully framed the picture to leave out the Alchemy Station and the tower with the skeleton (which I think I could do) it would look a lot like this.

Worik inspired this by offering me some Surilie Brothers wine at five in the morning. It made me wonder if mead with juniper berries is the same thing as gin? :cherries:

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

1) What is this location, and

2) Where is my PC standing to get this view?

Sorry for the night shot.

No problem - I'd say HELGEN and you'r on top of the tower, where you have to jump out of a hole in the second or thrid floor during the opening scene.

18 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Worik inspired this by offering me some Surilie Brothers wine at five in the morning. It made me wonder if mead with juniper berries is the same thing as gin? :cherries:

What? A hint :smile: ? Not necessary. The keep is a unique view.

But you should try http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Jazbay_Grapes

by the way: is there a mod where I can have some kind of vineyard and plant Jazbay Grapes and make my own wine?

59 minutes ago, worik said:

No problem - I'd say HELGEN and you'r on top of the tower, where you have to jump out of a hole in the second or thrid floor during the opening scene.

by the way: is there a mod where I can have some kind of vineyard and plant Jazbay Grapes and make my own wine?

Bother and dash. I thought of Helgen but I didn't think that it was so close to the mountain. The burnt timbers in the right foreground said yes but the mountain said no. That's the last time I listen to any mountains.

3 hours ago, worik said:

You can plant Jazbay grapes anywhere (with Hearthfire). But you can only make crostatas with them, not wine (bother, indeed).

Good advice - don't listen to mountains.

Bad pun:

Spoiler

Because their blockheads.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for someone else to post another one, this one was inspired by Karlpaws.

The picture below is of Fort Hraggstead (as he previously guessed). Where must my PC be to get this view?

My apologies to anyone who thought that they might guess that was Fort Hraggstad from the corner showing through the trees.

ScreenShot30j.jpg

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

That's the last time I listen to any mountains.

Jep, better listen to the dragon who sits on top of those mountains :classic_tongue: Ignore mountain at all, if there is no dragon.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

I'll work on the compass thing. I haven't seen anybody name the location yet though.

There are some brewing mods, so there probably are some wine making mods if the brewing ones don't include that feature.  I'll see if I can find one I have in mind.

1 hour ago, worik said:

Steed stone. Probably standing on the natural stones on front of the groundwork of the site

I'd agree, just so I can get a post in. :tongue:

I think this is the one I remembered, but it is beer only (just listing it because I found it)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21686/

and found this one along the way

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53238

and

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77440

I think there were some other player house mods that had "lots of features and a working kitchen sink" that added beer making. Not as sure about wine, now.

2 hours ago, worik said:

Steed stone. Probably standing on the natural stones on front of the groundwork of the site

Spot on as usual.

This is my last one for a while. I am working on some lag problems (I can't take pictures if I'm not in game after all).

No hints, Worik said so (although I did leave the compass for all the good it will do). This IS a named site that can be found on the map.

ScreenShot31j.jpg