I found the solution to the armbinders not working properly problem!

It seems that Devious Deviants was the root of this evil, once it's disabled the armbinders work fine.

It might be its load order (which BOSS doesn't recognised), I tried shifting it around but I haven't found a "sweet spot" yet.

For now I'll have to keep Devious Deviants disabled for my armbinders to work.

Try this LO:

ZAZ-AP

SexLab

Aroused

(assorted SL mods here)

Devious Assets

Devious Integration

Devious Deviants

Devious Expansion (if desired)

(Assorted DD-mods here)

Forgive me if is dumb question, but does that load order not place and ESM underneath an ESP.

Devious Deviants  <<Is ESP right ?
Devious Expansion (if desired)   << is ESM right ?

It could be that I may not have something downloaded, I may not have Devious Deviants.ESM Only one I have is ESP

and I only have Devious Expansion.ESM. I did not get and ESP one

I only ask because I might be missing something, and to learn, as I go.

The Forbidden Tome quest I need to find the Dynamo Core for Zed I found everything but went I try to actiivate the control switch said you lack the required item. What Item do I need and where is it 

The parts you need must be in the ruins that as a part of the black book quest from Dragonborn the DLC.

You need to proceed in Dragonborn's main quest in the DLC in order to go inside it.

If you wish to skip that, try using console.

The 3 parts you need all started with "odd" in their names. 

It seems that Devious Deviants was the root of this evil, once it's disabled the armbinders work fine.

It might be its load order (which BOSS doesn't recognised), I tried shifting it around but I haven't found a "sweet spot" yet.

Try this LO:

ZAZ-AP

SexLab

Aroused

(assorted SL mods here)

Devious Assets

Devious Integration

Devious Deviants

(Assorted DD-mods here)

Forgive me if is dumb question, but does that load order not place and ESM underneath an ESP.

It could be that I may not have something downloaded, I may not have Devious Deviants.ESM Only one I have is ESP

Devious Expansion is an ESM, Deviuos Deviants is an ESP.

Devious Expansion.ESM was placed last because it is considered an optional file.

Try this LO:

ZAZ-AP

SexLab

Aroused

(assorted SL mods here)

Devious Assets

Devious Integration

Devious Deviants

(Assorted DD-mods here)

Devious Expansion is an ESM, Deviuos Deviants is an ESP.

Devious Expansion.ESM was placed last because it is considered an optional file.

Okay, I have just never been able to put and ESP above, and ESM, at least not in NMM, but I guess you can. Sorry

Urag won't give a crap about me stolen the book or not, I can't seem to start the quest with the dialogue either.

I tried to use the console to set the quest stage to 1 so I can start the quest by talking to him.

That didn't work because at the end of the conversation the dialogue just freezes until I press tab.

I assume that's a animation problem since Urag was supposed to initiate a animation.

I runed FNIS for many times and that doesn't seems to work.

I have installed all the required mods.

Did I screwed up Skyrim entirely with the 130 mods I installed?

Urag won't give a crap about me stolen the book or not, I can't seem to start the quest with the dialogue either.

I tried to use the console to set the quest stage to 1 so I can start the quest by talking to him.

That didn't work because at the end of the conversation the dialogue just freezes until I press tab.

I assume that's a animation problem since Urag was supposed to initiate a animation.

Are you wearing a chastity belt or anything like that? The quest won't start up if you are already wearing something, as it would interfere with the quest.

Are you wearing a chastity belt or anything like that? The quest won't start up if you are already wearing something, as it would interfere with the quest.

After uninstalling Puppet master everything's fine again.

Btw the item Zed required spawned in a location related to the Dragonborn DLC main quest that is too hard for my character.

(That didn't happen when I was trying out this mod months ago, that was pure luck I guess)

So I'm stuck with wearing it until I'm lvl40 or load my last save.  :(

After uninstalling Puppet master everything's fine again.

Btw the item Zed required spawned in a location related to the Dragonborn DLC main quest that is too hard for my character.

(That didn't happen when I was trying out this mod months ago, that was pure luck I guess)

So I'm stuck with wearing it until I'm lvl40 or load my last save.   :(

Just a tip for future playthroughs.

Always take a save just before opening the Forbidden Bookcase as each time you start it the locations are randomly generated.

I normally play FT around level 7 - 10 so I keep loading and restarting FT until all the markers are in Skyrim. It can still be tough dealing with Falmer but trying to survive Solsteim as a low level character is not very feasible.

Okay, I have just never been able to put and ESP above, and ESM, at least not in NMM, but I guess you can. Sorry

That's a feature of NMM, it won't let you put esm's where you want, basically it's their attempt at idiot-proofing the loadorder.

Fine for most things of course, but there are exceptions where that's actually not a good thing.

You can do it manually though by using Skyrim's own default loader.

Hi! I just wanted to ask. Is there any quest or story under development for this mod? I really like the other two and I am wondering if there will be more.

Will be? Yes, there are plans for that, which is no secret really, the second volume of the book has been part of the mod for a good while now, and we all know that's ment to be used for something, don't we? ;)

Will it happen anytime soon? I'm guessing no, you'll probably have to arm yourself with some patience. There's a fair bit of stuff that needs to get done and sorted before the quest stuff can be delt with.

That's a feature of NMM, it won't let you put esm's where you want, basically it's their attempt at idiot-proofing the loadorder.

Fine for most things of course, but there are exceptions where that's actually not a good thing.

You can do it manually though by using Skyrim's own default loader.

thx u,

It was puzzling to me, because in all my Oblivion modding I would never put and ESP above and ESM, it was always bad Karma.

I have it in the right place though with no Problems, So I doubt I will move it, but is nice to know.

Guest LoganX

Hey, does someone of you use SexLab Stories wit Devious Devices? If yes, tell me if it works well, because i have strange problem with it. When I have SL Stories installed, everything seems to work nice, i start a new game, every mod with Devious Devices as well work, I have no CTD. But Devious Devices MCM menu just disappeard. I'm waiting a few hours in game and it still doesn't appear. When I disabled SL Stories plugins and ran a new game again everything works good and Devious Devices MCM menu comes back. Can someone help me with it?

Hey, does someone of you use SexLab Stories wit Devious Devices? If yes, tell me if it works well, because i have strange problem with it. When I have SL Stories installed, everything seems to work nice, i start a new game, every mod with Devious Devices as well work, I have no CTD. But Devious Devices MCM menu just disappeard. I'm waiting a few hours in game and it still doesn't appear. When I disabled SL Stories plugins and ran a new game again everything works good and Devious Devices MCM menu comes back. Can someone help me with it?

Yeah they work together, silly question but are you doing point 6 of the installation guide?

Guide in spoiler

[ INSTALLATION ]

!!IMPORTANT!! - Make sure you have all of the listed requirements installed (refer to the section titled REQUIREMENTS above) for not only this mod, but all of the other required mods as well. If one mod is missing something, it will cause problems further down the line.

1 - Download and Install the Devious Device Assets version appropriate for your body-type from Zadil's thread: http://www.loverslab...devices-assets/

2 - Extract the archive into your Skyrim data folder.

3 - Activate both the Devious Devices - Assets.esm and the Devious Devices - Integration.esm; the Integration file contains all of the features that make the devices works, but not the quests.

The Devious Deviants.esm contains all quest related content. This file must be loaded after Devious Devices - Integration.esm. For any additional mods based upon Devious Devices (see below for some recommended mods), make sure that they come AFTER the Integration.esm in your load order as well.

4 - Run FNIS.

5 - Start up Skyrim, and either create a New Game, or load your Save.

6 - Save the game, and then load the save you just created (DD will not register Animations / Events until you load a save after it has been installed).

7 - Enjoy!

Question

Does this mod prevent certain slots from being used?  I bring it up because Im trying to use an armor that has a ton of extra kit Dragon Marauder armor and well I equip pieces but they don't show on the character when I leave the menu.  If I use favorites key I can see the armor on the character with the extra bits but the moment fav key is exited the piece disappears.

Also wondering about compatibility with PSQ secubus horn, wing, and tail slots.

So, forgive me for not wanting to go meandering about the other 200 something pages of this forum to find an answer that may already exist, but the mod seems to not want to exist for me.

When running the game, everything seems to be working, and the menu shows up in SkyUI, but nothing is actually in the menu, and while I can give myself all of the items, upon equiping them, nothing shows up on the character. So far, I've reinstalled everything, screwed around with the load order until all dependencies were figured out, and now I've hit a dead end as I have no idea what's the problem.

Just to be clear, you are adding the items with 'inventory' in their editorID?

eg: zad_beltPaddedInventory (xx009a7b) , zad_beltPaddedOpenInventory (xx032741) , zad_harnessBodyInventory (xx031c74)

(xx being the load order of "Devious Devices - Integration.esm")

Everything out of Integration doesn't exist. No models, no animations, nothing. I feel like this means I've done something wrong, but I've triple checked and looked at every guide I could find, I've done this to specification.

So, forgive me for not wanting to go meandering about the other 200 something pages of this forum to find an answer that may already exist, but the mod seems to not want to exist for me.

When running the game, everything seems to be working, and the menu shows up in SkyUI, but nothing is actually in the menu, and while I can give myself all of the items, upon equiping them, nothing shows up on the character. So far, I've reinstalled everything, screwed around with the load order until all dependencies were figured out, and now I've hit a dead end as I have no idea what's the problem.

Just to be clear, you are adding the items with 'inventory' in their editorID?

eg: zad_beltPaddedInventory (xx009a7b) , zad_beltPaddedOpenInventory (xx032741) , zad_harnessBodyInventory (xx031c74)

(xx being the load order of "Devious Devices - Integration.esm")

Everything out of Integration doesn't exist. No models, no animations, nothing. I feel like this means I've done something wrong, but I've triple checked and looked at every guide I could find, I've done this to specification.

Have you tried this:  I install DD-Integration, deactivate dd-i.esm and dd.esp,  close NMM, copy & paste all DDi files manually - overwrite files, open NMM activate dd-i.esm and dd.esp.  I do this before each new game.  DD-Integration likes the attention it gets then works like a charm. ;)  This could also be a mod managers problem. 

@Coopervane thanks for the heads up about load order and using Skyrims default loader!  wow how long ago it was I used that bad boy! :)

can anybody please attach an older version of ddintegration like 2.75  and the appropriate ddassets please ?

actaul Version doesnt work for me

(and for everybody, because i installed it on skyrim vanilla plus requirements, so there is nothing anybody can have different )

(and for everybody, because i installed it on skyrim vanilla plus requirements, so there is nothing anybody can have different )

And yet, it's working just fine for me, and for the rest of the DD team aswell.

But let's try something here: Try downgrading your FNIS install to version 5.0.2. (FNIS does keep lagacy versions on their download page, so this is fully doable).

FNIS has had updates since the latest DDi release, and 5.0.2 was the current FNIS version when it was released (and is also what i'm still using), so if there's any dependancy screwup, then the latest FNIS would be the most likely candidate.

what was the change in devious expansion v 1.1.0 to v 1.1.1?

A broken mesh was fixed. The UNPB version of the LADL harness had an error in the _1 version of it's file (a non-functional refrence asset used in it's creation had been left behind in the Nif by error), which ment any UNPB user trying to use it on a body weighted at anything more that 0 would likely CTD when trying to wear it.

For future refrence, i do keep a changelog in the ReadMe.txt packaged with Expansion.

i tested dd Integration skyrim vanilla + 3 dlc + highrestextpack from steam

i added the requirements, always newest Version, always Boss and finis run over it before start.

dd assets

skse

skyui

finis

sexlab

aroused

zazanimpack

cbbe

i added alternate life for shorter test time

safe on horseback, loading that save

result : flying horse

i deinstalled finis and replaced it with the older Version 5.02 WHICH IS NOT SAID SO ON THE DESCRIPTION PAGE AND NOWHERE, new game

result : No flying horse

i added FuzRohDoh actual Version 60, by keeping finis 5.02, new game

result : Flying Horse

i dont do any further tests on dd Integration 2.80 and i dont let me tell from noone that dd Integration works without flying horse.  you didnt test it !

i ask again for an older Version of dd Integration like 2.75 with corresponding Asssets and Expansion.

thanks

mr