I've been trying to modify the harness to let me wear other things in the collar slot "on top of" the harness because I wanted to combine the way the harness looks with a fur collar from some armor pack I have.

So far, editing it to not use slot 45 (Collar slot) stops it from un-equipping the fur collar, but then both collars disappear completely. Also caused a lot of crashes with other harnesses besides "harness" so probably not going to do that again.

Any idea how to allow a slot 45 item to display as well as the harness? Obviously they'd still need to use different slots, but that should be the easy part.

Remember to change the slot in both Nif and ESP file, then it work

I've been trying to modify the harness to let me wear other things in the collar slot "on top of" the harness because I wanted to combine the way the harness looks with a fur collar from some armor pack I have.

So far, editing it to not use slot 45 (Collar slot) stops it from un-equipping the fur collar, but then both collars disappear completely. Also caused a lot of crashes with other harnesses besides "harness" so probably not going to do that again.

Any idea how to allow a slot 45 item to display as well as the harness? Obviously they'd still need to use different slots, but that should be the easy part.

Either:

1: use the "Custom" harness from Expansion, which should already allow for this, or:

2: Modify the fur collar instead of the harness collar, DD is going to get more updates which will reset your modification, armor mods get updated much less frequently (usually never once they are stable and completed), so it's probably a more effecient use of your time to do it that way around.

And yes, do remember that both the Nif and the Esm/Esp records need to be changed, Skyrim works differently there than Oblivion and the Fallout games did, you can't just do it in the code, it must also be done for the mesh or the mesh will bug out and turn invisible.

Unfortunately the Custom harness stops you from wearing armor.

I definitely didn't know I had to edit something in nif, the last TES game I "modded" was Morrowind. Will try that.

Edit:

Sigh, I hate nifskope, I'm finding it would be easier to just edit the custom harness to not block armor. If only my game would actually load after I edit it. Oh well, I can live without combining the fluffy collar and harness.

Hey guys.  I love DD but i can't get the armbinder to work for my followers- they can get the armbinder on but invariably within the minute, they do another idle animation and their arms come out, cut off at the elbow.  This is true of Paradise falls slaves, basic skyrim followers, and custom followers like Chaconne and RK's follower mod.

I've tried every armbinder from most of the DD iterations and Captured Dreams.

A seperate question I have that may or may not be relevant is the Devious Devices MCM toggle for Register Animations.  Any time i open it up it reads NOT READY.  If i click it, it toggles to READY, but changing any zone, interior, exterior, w/e, it reverts to NOT READY.  I have sex lab / zaz animations / etc all enabled, but for some reason the DD animations aren't saying they are registering.  Is this an actual problem or just an interface issue?

Are there any mods that could be messing with this?  I have been having this issue regardless of any mods i apply, and the only ones that have always been loaded with it are SD+ and Arachnaphobia enhanced.  Other mods i run that could potentially be an issue (I think, but not sure, since I have had this issue with and without them..) are mods like Paradise falls, zaz resources, or maybe even alternate start, or could it be an issue with having DD and DD + SL submit Progressive Bondage?

I can give a mod list if requested, or a papyrus log, but i dont have the tool to link papyrus right now, but will dl it upon request if necesary.

Any help would be great, thanks!

After updating Devious Device Integration/Assets and Captured Dreams. I have a problem and not sure which Devious mod the problem belongs too. On equiping arm binder for example i get this error, "Error occured with installation of devious device...check log (can't find log...papyrus??) Error text message manipulate device  did not recognise that device type that it received as an argument.

Also problems with padded bra's and chasity belts in these two pix

post-238604-0-60388200-1404170705_thumb.jpg

post-238604-0-78963600-1404170729_thumb.jpg

Do you have these lines added to your "skyrim.ini" file -

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

If not, add those lines and then restart the game and deliberately generate the previous problems.

Then look in C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script

In this folder you'll normally find 4 .log files. Papyrus.0.log will be the most recent. Attach that one to a post here.

Hey guys.  I love DD but i can't get the armbinder to work for my followers- they can get the armbinder on but invariably within the minute, they do another idle animation and their arms come out, cut off at the elbow.  This is true of Paradise falls slaves, basic skyrim followers, and custom followers like Chaconne and RK's follower mod.

I've tried every armbinder from most of the DD iterations and Captured Dreams.

A seperate question I have that may or may not be relevant is the Devious Devices MCM toggle for Register Animations.  Any time i open it up it reads NOT READY.  If i click it, it toggles to READY, but changing any zone, interior, exterior, w/e, it reverts to NOT READY.  I have sex lab / zaz animations / etc all enabled, but for some reason the DD animations aren't saying they are registering.  Is this an actual problem or just an interface issue?

Are there any mods that could be messing with this?  I have been having this issue regardless of any mods i apply, and the only ones that have always been loaded with it are SD+ and Arachnaphobia enhanced.  Other mods i run that could potentially be an issue (I think, but not sure, since I have had this issue with and without them..) are mods like Paradise falls, zaz resources, or maybe even alternate start, or could it be an issue with having DDand DD + SL submit Progressive Bondage?

I can give a mod list if requested, or a papyrus log, but i dont have the tool to link papyrus right now, but will dl it upon request if necesary.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Unfortunately, due to how loverslab forums works, i cant post papyrus as these are my first few posts, but i think i can pm them if people are interested in helping me solve this problem?

Unfortunately, due to how loverslab forums works, i cant post papyrus as these are my first few posts, but i think i can pm them if people are interested in helping me solve this problem?

Should be able to if you change the extension to .txt out zip it up.

Unfortunately, due to how loverslab forums works, i cant post papyrus as these are my first few posts, but i think i can pm them if people are interested in helping me solve this problem?

Should be able to if you change the extension to .txt out zip it up.

There we go!

I found an issue with this mod and the succubus race mod where when I transform into a succubus while running this mod the wings tail and all five sets of horns wont show up on my succubus not sure if you can or will ever fix this but I just thought id let you know

I found an issue with this mod and the succubus race mod where when I transform into a succubus while running this mod the wings tail and all five sets of horns wont show up on my succubus not sure if you can or will ever fix this but I just thought id let you know

There are quite limited number of available armor slots in skyrim so conflicts like that happen. There's not really anything that can be done to avoid/fix it.

I found an issue with this mod and the succubus race mod where when I transform into a succubus while running this mod the wings tail and all five sets of horns wont show up on my succubus not sure if you can or will ever fix this but I just thought id let you know

There's another issue. The wings, tail and horns are combined into a single mesh with six variations (efficient) using slot 60. This is fixable depending on whether the esp is editable with the creation kit (some aren't). Slot 47 doesn't conflict with anything from DD, SL or Xaz.

EDIT - CTD with creation kit when I tried to load it. Probably something to do with french localization.

EDIT2 - Nope, RaceCompatibility.esm is the issue, it wont load.

EDIT3 - Can be fixed with TES5Edit.

There's another issue. The wings, tail and horns are combined into a single mesh with six variations (efficient) using slot 60. This is fixable depending on whether the esp is editable with the creation kit (some aren't). Slot 47 doesn't conflict with anything from DD, SL or Xaz.

EDIT - CTD with creation kit when I tried to load it. Probably something to do with french localization.

You could try pitching the idea to the author. Or you could switch the Device Hider to use slot-61 instead of 60.

Is the first book sellable?  I grabbed it early to learn the recipes and when I came back later it is not in my inventory nor in the bookcase and even though I have the quest to speak to him, the option to ask about the book isn't there. I am fairly sure I didn't drop the book anywhere, but it is sellable I might have done that. :(

Not terribly far in the game though so if I fubared the quest it isn't a big deal restarting.

I have the lates files and their requirements, but when I read the Devious Devices book at the library I do not unlock the ability to craft these.  I've finished the initial questline and returned with the unintelligible Devious Devices 2 (and have no idea how to get the second questline), and still don't have the ability to craft these as far as I can tell.  I would prefer to craft them as opposed to just "cheating" them in via the console.  I searched this thread but didn't turn up any solutions apart from the first page which apparently was "fixed" with an update to the mod.

Any known incompatibilities/issues that would account for this?  Sorry if this has been answered already but this thread is now over 200 pages and if the search didn't turn up anything thumbing through all of them for this would be a daunting task...

One needs to read the Devious Devices book kept in the forbidden bookcase in the college of Winterhold, dragenx, before Urag confiscates the book from you again, then the keys show up in the Misc section of forges. While the mod is called "Integration", it probably should be called "Devious Devices gated behind the College of Winterhold - For quick readers"  :P 

I am not sure you installed for the right bodytype btw, the leg cuffs shouldn't clip like they do on your screenshot?!

Love this mod! Thanks for all the hard work you must have had to put into it.

About learning how to craft the devices and keys by reading the book: I found that by reading the book inside the wardrobe inventory menu it didn't unlock the perk to be able to craft. I had to quickly read it again from my own inventory after taking it and it was only then that the crafting ability kicked in. A message pops up top left of screen to let you know it's worked.

Sorry if that's been mentioned somewhere already.

About learning how to craft the devices and keys by reading the book: I found that by reading the book inside the wardrobe inventory menu it didn't unlock the perk to be able to craft. I had to quickly read it again from my own inventory after taking it and it was only then that the crafting ability kicked in. A message pops up top left of screen to let you know it's worked.

Got the other books not that one I did the quest but the book is not in the inventory

Got the other books not that one I did the quest but the book is not in the inventory

I think Urag takes that book from you when he catches you or you go and talk to him about it. So if you didn't read it before then you may not have another chance. You can use the console to give yourself another copy and read that and it should work. I can't remember off the top of my head what the book title is, but if you type:

help devious

into the console you should probably find the book and the code you need to spawn it in your inventory. It's volume 1 that you want. Use:

player.additem xxxxxxxx 1

where all the x's are the code.

I"m having a problem trying to use Devious Devices in a script. Every script with a property like so:

zadLibs Property libs Auto

zadxLibs Property xlibs Auto

Will compile fine, but then when I try to add properties I will get a message: "Errors encountered while attempting to load the script." I even went to the zadlibs script in the quest and tested adding properties and got the same message. So it may be that any non-normal word in front of property has this error, I don't know.

I've got the proper scripts in my scripts/source folder, I've tried the solution one person here mentioned (manually adding masters when loading up creation kit), everything works except apparently any special property that doesn't start with a normal type like Armor or Actor. Any help would be appreciated.