not sure I could find what I was looking for here, so forgive me if I missed this specific topic and answer.  I am unable to get any bodyslide presets to install with MO.  Have CBBE and Bodyslide properly installed and working, but every bodyslide preset I attempt to install won't look good no matter what I do.  So, do I need to add an SKSE/Presets folder in my skyrim or skyrim data directory and manually install these presets?  I have SKSE installed with MO but there is no SKSE folder in Skyrim folder or skyrim date folder or MO folder and so on.  Used the MO instruction videos to get SKSE installed with MO, but none of them mentioned any need to make an SKSE folder.  Any help would be appreciated.

Check to see if the preset has the correct directory structure to work would be my first though on it, they should be in the

CalienteTools\Bodyslide\SliderPresets\ folder.

Though as you are on about skse, are they racemenu presets? or bodyslide presets?

If they are racemenu then they should be in the SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets  for the jslot file anyway, if they have nif/dds files for the preset then they go in the chargen folder.

If mo is giving a message something like no data on top level for the mod then choose ignore, then when the mod has installed it will be grey on the bottom of your left pane, right click the mod then choose ignore missing data and then tick the active box on the mod, it should then work.

Thank you for the reply, Varithina :)  Yes, the presets all had the correct directory structure and I did try to ignore no data on top, but it still didn't show up in bodyslide after I ignored and then checked the box.  However, as I didn't have SKSE\plugins\chargen\presets in folder that could have been the problem and they were bodyslide presets rather than racemenu presets.  Will have to give MO another try later on as I had no problem in getting the particular bodyslide presets into bodyslide using NMM.  I did and do like some of what MO offers as opposed to NMM, but it is more than complicated for someone who just wants a simple way to install mods.  Some great instruction videos helped with MO set up and I liked how easy it was to create unique folders and simple uninstall, but still very complicated with the variety of mods available on both nexus and LL.  Rather frustrating to have to do manual install for looks good in terms of file structure especially when no matter what you do it just won't turn green for looks good install lol.  Just frustrated that a good tool like MO requires so much work and study to get mods set up right.  Anyway, will give MO another shot some other time and will try to see if adding those files to skyrim mods directory works for installing at least bodyslide presets.  For the time being, will use NMM until I can save up for a really good skyrim capable computing system for those enbs I really like and all those glossy textures and meshes and so on.

Thank you for the reply, Varithina :)  Yes, the presets all had the correct directory structure and I did try to ignore no data on top, but it still didn't show up in bodyslide after I ignored and then checked the box.  However, as I didn't have SKSE\plugins\chargen\presets in folder that could have been the problem and they were bodyslide presets rather than racemenu presets.  Will have to give MO another try later on as I had no problem in getting the particular bodyslide presets into bodyslide using NMM.  I did and do like some of what MO offers as opposed to NMM, but it is more than complicated for someone who just wants a simple way to install mods.  Some great instruction videos helped with MO set up and I liked how easy it was to create unique folders and simple uninstall, but still very complicated with the variety of mods available on both nexus and LL.  Rather frustrating to have to do manual install for looks good in terms of file structure especially when no matter what you do it just won't turn green for looks good install lol.  Just frustrated that a good tool like MO requires so much work and study to get mods set up right.  Anyway, will give MO another shot some other time and will try to see if adding those files to skyrim mods directory works for installing at least bodyslide presets.  For the time being, will use NMM until I can save up for a really good skyrim capable computing system for those enbs I really like and all those glossy textures and meshes and so on.

As for mo yes it does have its quirks, but from what I remember from when I last used nmm does as well.

Though as the presets work in nmm, it seems a bit odd that they do not in mo, though do be aware the mo requires the meshes/textures/calientetools folder to be top level, as it does not automatically drill down through archives to find them which nmm did or still does automatically, that is a possible problem as well, if the person who has made it has managed to add the data folder as the top level directory.  For most mods it will ask where the data directory should be, but from what I remember on bodyslide stuff it will not so it could be worth checking that in the installed mod directory for the preset.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm at (another) loss. I've been trying to get MO to launch Skyrim. One thing to consider is that I moved my entire folder systems for Skyrim and MO to my external HD a week or so ago. I did the same with WoW, and WoW works without flaw, even running it from the ext. HD.

However, when I try to launch Skyrim through SKSE, using MO, I get this:

How can I get this file replaced without reinstalling Skyrim? I already tried validating the local files, and the problem persists.

Any help is appreciated.

Capture.PNG

If you moved MO it is still set to work the files from where it was. You need to change the locations for the files in mo to get it to work. Capture.PNG

At least for a start. I have to do this (change these) if I move MO from where it was before I can get it to work again after moving. If this isn't the case. Then copy your mods, downloads, profile etc (entire MO folder) then start a fresh MO in the location where you want it to be then move over the needed files (Mods, Profile, Downloads etc) to get it to work, start it up and you should be good.

^ this is for MO 1 or the 32bit version not the newer one for Skyrim 64bit or Newrim. version of Mo.

2 hours ago, Storms of Superior said:

And....... the locations were already changed to suit the new location.

I noticed that you have a "SteamLibrary" folder in your file path. As far as I'm aware, I've never had that. I'm hoping that it has something to do with the problem.

yes. it has to do with me  having my steam program on one drive and my games (or selection of games) on another drive. When you select to install on another drive (without steam) then it creates a folder (default not sure if you can change it) which has Steam Library.

Also sorry about posting that info about needing to be sure you changed the locations. You didn't post you did that.

Spoiler

Well, I'm at (another) loss. I've been trying to get MO to launch Skyrim. One thing to consider is that I moved my entire folder systems for Skyrim and MO to my external HD a week or so ago. I did the same with WoW, and WoW works without flaw, even running it from the ext. HD.

However, when I try to launch Skyrim through SKSE, using MO, I get this:

How can I get this file replaced without reinstalling Skyrim? I already tried validating the local files, and the problem persists.

You only mentioned that you verified cache. Can't help much if you don't let us know what you did or leave info out. Members here as far as I know don't have ESP and as a result ... you will get comments that are quite obvious and have to do with things you have already done.

Speaking of obvious... I hope you installed the games you moved to the external and reinstalled the games so that your system can see the game and run them. Some games don't like being moved in Windows and not just drag and dropped the games and MO over to the external without making the needed changes (so the OS) can see where it is currently.

Finally, I never tried running Skyrim from an external drive. Not sure if it likes that. I have tried with older games before and had mixed results.

Edited by ritualclarity
  • 4 months later...

So, I had a stable setup, everything worked fine and all, no crashes, no lags, was really fun to play Skyrim like that, honestly. I am using Mod Organizer obviously.

A few days back I decided to install Halo's Poser, I installed it as the instructions told me, I run FNIS via Mod Organizer and everything worked out. I had a few camera issues while taking screen shots (basically, I would use a pose, use tfc or tfc 1, take a few shots, then tfc again and switch to another pose, after a few times doing so my camera kinda bugged out and I couldn't use it correctly once I disabled tfc) so I thought "maybe try to run FNIS once more", because from my experience FNIS fixes a lot of problems. Now I constantly struggle with the error report "ERROR(57): The file "G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\skeleton.hkx" already exists." whenever I try to run FNIS.

I went into my overwrite folder and deleted the skeleton.hkx data and when running FNIS now I get this error report "ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt"

I have no idea what to do at this point. Skyrim is still launchable and all, but obvs animation mods like Halo's Poser don't work anymore. Any form of advice or help is highly appreciated! I spent so much time creating a stable setup, I'd be very, very sad if I had to start from scratch.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, firehawksh said:

Sorry if this isn't where I should post it, but Nexusmods just announced something that impacts MO. https://www.nexusmods.com/news/13481

All it really means is the makers of MO will need to change the addresses the program uses to log into the Nexus or it will lose the ability to download mods directly. It can still be used offline by downloading the mod and then loading it manually. Not a big deal if you already download mods from non-Nexus sites, like this one.

?

This will also affect any other software that uses the old login destination and method, for example, Mod Organizer. We do not officially support Mod Organizer, nor is it made, updated or maintained by us, so any updates needed to ensure it works with our new login service will need to be handled by the team behind Mod Organizer.

??

We do not officially support Mod Organizer, nor is it made, updated or maintained by us, so any updates needed to ensure it works with our new login service will need to be handled by the team behind Mod Organizer.

????????

We do not officially support Mod Organizer, nor is it made [...] by us [...] so any updates needed to ensure it works with our new login service will need to be handled by the team behind Mod Organizer.

‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm kinda new to the modding from this site but I was trying to get SLDefeat to work for Skyrim via MO but when I have it checked off to run the game won't launch? Anyone out there who can help? I'm so confused. I literally have all the requirements, and the game launches fine when I don't have Defeat checked off...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, i need help with an issue. i have everything in load order right i think, but when im ingame and it have loaded everything, human and creature animations. It wont load horny creature from MadMansGun.
But the issue is also that SLAS is empty no config nothing, just completely empty, what can i do?

Edit: got it to work. New Jcontainers was needed, and SLAL need time to load

Hi,

I've been using NMM for years, and switched to MO recently. I could set up everything, except for 2 things I need some help with.

1. I use Blush When Aroused, and every time I play I get the message that I have only 2 enabled face overlays, even though I used my old nioverride.ini, where I have 50 enabled, and used my old SKSE folder with the edited ini files into ... \MO\mods.

2. I set up sexlab and extra animations with SLAL and saved my game, but every time I load the save, it says it it's automatically installing sexlab and enables all SLAL animations, even the ones I didn't enable.

Thanks in advance.

.ini need to be installed properly. generally inside of the MO in special folder etc.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings#Under_the_hood

Just a general idea and direction. I don't know the mod you are using or how to get it to work properly.

TL'DR, chances are you have the right files (as it worked before quite well) but have them in the wrong location or less likely (but possible) have it in a wrong format for MO to see.

• 4 months later...

I use

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

From time to time where I create a separator.. not sure if the newest MO has a separator included...

As I understand the left pane the visual is more cosmetic as opposed to actually functional.. So long as the order of the mods are listed correctly you shouldn't have any issues. Remember to refresh MO or shut down and restart to be sure you have all the changes you created recognized.

Easy tests to be sure.

find 2 reskinned armors or whatever. Place one above the other. Check the item in game. then move it below the separator and check again. You should only and always see the file that "wins" that is is the lowest in the left side pane of MO order number. (largest number)

Sorry I couldn't do more. I used my own created separators and if that is what you are doing it will be fine so long as they are empty. Many do that. If it is a new feature the above should help you resolve the question.  I personally believe it shouldn't matter and only the order of the mods matter regardless of whatever cosmetic functions you do on the left side.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I try to understand the messages here, but with my bad english I have some problems. Sorry. :( I'm could imagine my problem was solved before ..... sorry when I haven't seen and understood it. ?

Before I had Vortex. Now: I just started with MO2 for my Skyrim SE and .... It's really a hard. long, sad way ...... ? First of all: The Installation of FNIS was horrible. I don't understand why MO2 don't find a solution to simplify all this stuff a bit. But thats not my problem right now ....

I want to use Bodyslide. I make a nice player body for my "Charmers of the Reach"-girl and than I make nice NPC bodys and sometimes I have to make a few corrections here and there ... However: I love it to play with the Bodyslide Tool and with different .nif files and presets.

I have installed it via MO2. BUT: I can't find my folder with the presets and the .nif files. With Vortex it was in the game folder (and really easy to work with), in CalienteTools and / or the meshes folder. But now MO2 is squeezing inbetween so nothing arrived at the SkyrimSE folder anymore .... Usually this is not bad. But in this case: I WANT TO WORK IN THE SK FOLDER (again)! I want to have the .nif files, the presets in the SkyrimSE game folder. I want that Bodyslide save the files there AND also that Bodyslide recognize them from this game folders, too. But even if I create this folders, MO2 always intervene.

HOW can I tell MO2 to go away in this single case and to let Bodyslide work with the CalienteTools AND meshes folder in my SKyrimSE game folder?

Thanks a lot and Noob-Greetings ?

EDIT:

I found a solution for my problem here. I try to explain what I have done:  It is NOT possible to make what I want. So I had to find a nother solution:

I have open the Bodyslide Tool with MO2. Than I have made a new preset. I closed Bodyslide. I went to MO2 and open the Overview folder (rigthclick).

I though the Overview fodler is empty because it was "grey" but it takes some time till it open. I have seen the new preset in there. I have done a nother rightklick and transformed the Overview folder into a new mod.

This new Mod I have called "Bodyslide Files". I draged it under the Bodyslide Mod, so I can find it.  ?  I have activate it (Hook).

Now I open the Bodyslide Tool and there it is: My preset. The Bodyslide Tool find the presets and .nif Files in the new "Bodyslide Files" mod. ?

Problem

: When I make a new preset or change something (presets, bodys with .nif files or armor adaptions with .tri files) I will find this changes in the Overview folder. And than I have to drag all this stuff to my new "Bodyslide Files" mod and to put it in there. And of course overwrite the old files inside.

I haven't done all test but I hope / think it will work like this. A friend have showed it to me today. Hope it helps a few noobs like me.

Greetings ?

On 3/30/2019 at 6:12 PM, RitualClarity said:

As I understand the left pane the visual is more cosmetic as opposed to actually functional.. So long as the order of the mods are listed correctly you shouldn't have any issues. Remember to refresh MO or shut down and restart to be sure you have all the changes you created recognized.

Easy tests to be sure.

find 2 reskinned armors or whatever. Place one above the other. Check the item in game. then move it below the separator and check again. You should only and always see the file that "wins" that is is the lowest in the left side pane of MO order number. (largest number)

Sorry I couldn't do more. I used my own created separators and if that is what you are doing it will be fine so long as they are empty. Many do that. If it is a new feature the above should help you resolve the question.  I personally believe it shouldn't matter and only the order of the mods matter regardless of whatever cosmetic functions you do on the left side.

A bit of a late answer, but the left pane is in effect the install order of the mods, though that may well depend on how you sort it, myself it is always by priority from 0, the official dlc's at the top to xx at the bottom with the overwrite at the very last item on the list.

As for finding out which textures replace or overwrite each other simply select that texture re-placer in the left pane, then look at the scroll bar for the left pane, any red lines show something below it is overwriting it, green ones are above it, though again it does depend on your sort order for the left pane or at least as far as I am aware it does anyway.

• 4 months later...

Hi! I have encountered a very annoying problem with mod organizer lately. Yesterday I could start up skyrim through SKSE in mod organizer with no issues and I have always been able to do it that way. But today whenever I click the "run" button to run it through SKSE, the grey box with skse.exe pops up as it should, but then it disappears again and nothing happens. My task manager also doesen't register any activity from skyrim. I have ENB installed and the grey box pops up when I try to run the game, I get the skse. exe and then enbhost.exe and the grey box disappears and nothing happens even if I wait for like an hour.

Anyone that have a slightest idea of why this could happen and what's causing it? I have recently removed over 100 mods to make launching the game more smoothly but now the game won't start through SKSE at all.

Hope anyone can help me out here, I do not know what to do. Could it maybe be something with the latest Steam update? I have read about issues with steam updates before.

1 hour ago, bernt92 said:

Hi! I have encountered a very annoying problem with mod organizer lately. Yesterday I could start up skyrim through SKSE in mod organizer with no issues and I have always been able to do it that way. But today whenever I click the "run" button to run it through SKSE, the grey box with skse.exe pops up as it should, but then it disappears again and nothing happens. My task manager also doesen't register any activity from skyrim. I have ENB installed and the grey box pops up when I try to run the game, I get the skse. exe and then enbhost.exe and the grey box disappears and nothing happens even if I wait for like an hour.

Anyone that have a slightest idea of why this could happen and what's causing it? I have recently removed over 100 mods to make launching the game more smoothly but now the game won't start through SKSE at all.

Hope anyone can help me out here, I do not know what to do. Could it maybe be something with the latest Steam update? I have read about issues with steam updates before.

For me that usually indicates that windows has updates it wants to install but as of yet has not.  Could be worth checking to see if it has, if not then I have no idea what the problem is, you could also try rebooting the pc and see if that sorts it out as sometimes things can, well jam so to speak and not get released when things finish.